Pages:
Author

Topic: ORA:: Logo submission & discussion thread - page 20. (Read 26217 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
some pic is very beautiful
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

To me, the round one is better than the oval one. Definitely a possibility - just a single 'O' - nice a simple.

I agree with kussaka that different colours might be helpful.

I have to say that I think the multiple rings and the aura around and shades are distracting. How about adding a texture, rather?  Here is an idea: Try to make it like an 'O' out of rope. Yes, take the NXT 'rope' texture and bend it into a circle.  Anyone?

Pentamon
This needs a little (a lot of) work but you get the general idea.

This one has an 'Irish' feel to it, looks a bit like a shamrock Smiley

Ora can be so many things, that is the beauty. It is nearly a shame that we want to lock into one logo.

Why can't we have rotating logos, to indicate the constant evolving and changing nature of this starfish organization? Maybe to reflex the different 'rays' or 'legs' that each have their own local brain, we should have multiple logos for Ora, (including an Irishized version).

Sorry, just a little lateral thinking incontinence, ignore it.

Back to fragORA's concept: Leaves!  yes. How about one big leaf?  I kind of see a 'D' in there, somehow, making me wonder: What is the importance of the stem coming down where the ORA letters are?  I would leave these letters out, btw. Let the logo speak for itself, do you agree?

How about a spiral on the outside, leading to a leaf in the inside?
Growth, green, new, life.

Pentamon

Wow! Professional!  
Sometimes the simplest designs are the strongest. It really scales well: an "O"!

I find myself looking for meanings and associations. I am drawn to the divided outer elements. The angled cuts make me wonder: is it related to the Qora "Q" ? - no, that's not it.  The outer elements could be a pair of hands, holding the "O". But no, it is more abstract. I despair a little. I have seen buildings and furniture like this, and it can easily feel clinical and cold. I am encouraged by the colours, though, they feel warmer, more friendly.

Am I the only one who thinks these thoughts?
Let me know what you think.

Thank you, dawj20, by the way, for your participation.
I think this is a very polished design.

Pentamon

This one has an 'Irish' feel to it, looks a bit like a shamrock Smiley
How about these...

(second version snipped)

Honest opinion. I like the freestyle starfish. Remove the coin.

Thank you, shijilal, for the movement, the figure that agitates.
I get a strong sense of a human/starfish, although the double lines confuse me a little, and might not scale well to a small version.
Do you want to 'simplify' it a little?
I also would leave out the surrounding 'coin' additions.

Pentamon
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Why is it has to be a star fish??.. Why can't it be a simple O with an aura???

You don't have to use a starfish if you don't want to, nothing is compulsory Smiley

The starfish idea comes from a book "The Starfish and the Spider: The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations"

Here's a good summary
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nJ3JCDI4yQIN2O09DW6qApRhPrQXDj9wsxY-3jduOAw/edit?hl=en#heading=h.3fv7a5-3ynikb

The ideas in the starfish & spider book are almost a training manual for people involved with crypto currencies (like us!!).

I like the starfish concept for the Logo, but there's an infinite number of ways to express an idea in a Logo, so don't restrict yourself Smiley

Activity: 125
Graphic designer
Its looking good.. Nice logos there kussaka

Thanks.  I like your round logo. Smiley    Nice colors.   It will look great on a black background, I think.

Activity: 112
Activity: 125
Graphic designer

Hi kossaka,

Thank you for a nice design.  I like the twisty nature, and the little detail circles on the starfish arms, or legs.
In the meantime - this is a moving target - it would appear that the name is going to be Ora.

Could you give us a small version to see how it would do, the logo only without the (very nice) font next to it?

Have you experimented with other colors?

Pentamon

Ok  Smiley   

#fc944e

256p                                       128p                           64p              16p

And coin:

Why is it has to be a star fish??.. Why can't it be a simple O with an aura???

Activity: 462
i would go with the Y . for me that is the most positive and gives me the Ora feeling.
Activity: 84
OK, back to my growing library of rough designs...

Which one do you want to have the 'special treatment' ? 
Which colors do you like to see?

Pentamon

i like w. Wink
OK, back to my growing library of rough designs...

Which one do you want to have the 'special treatment' ? 
Which colors do you like to see?

Pentamon
Or do you like it without the round circle around the starfish?

small:

Pentamon
Which one do you prefer:

Stark black:

small version:

or do you prefer some colour in there:

small:

Just keep the one you like in your reply.
Thank
Pentamon
Activity: 101
Design guidelines for the Ora logo:
No color themes have been decided yet. [/li][/list]
Thank you for participating.
Pentamon

Let's talk about colour.  I started with Mac Red's baseline colour scheme (greenish and orange-ish) for koracoin.com's registration system, which consists in these two codes:
5b8d5a
db7537

You can see these at: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20140624T13&p0=12&fg1=5b8d5a&fg2=db7637&msg=Kora+Registration+Opening&csz=1

Don't be bound by this.  This is an organic movement, and the community can vote on the "theme".  The colour scheme can be anything the community wants it to be.

I propose one of these two solutions for colour:
1.  Wait and see what the winning logo is, and we will use that as a base for the website colour theme.  That doesn't mean the website will consist in only those two colours, of course.  We can then later vote on the colour scheme.

2.  Have the logo designers also present a colour palette that complements the winning logo.  They can even "mock up" an image of what a website might generally look like, with their colour scheme implemented, to demonstrate how the colours vibrate against each other.  I am using the twitter bootstrap, because it's simple and clean, and until we are much farther along in the Ora coin dev process we don't have much data to put in a website.  At this point it is a marketing tool and perhaps a stakeholder portal.  So, here are some sample bootstrap-based websites to peruse, to give an idea of what is possible with it:
http://expo.getbootstrap.com/

I am willing to change to any other bootstrap system.  As most of  you know, I heavily favour code reuse.  Let twitter, jquery, etc do the heavy lifting Wink

Don't like the twitter bootstrap?  If you have an argument for one templating system over another, let's hear it.  Just make sure your preferred system has an open license.  I couldn't justify purchasing a license for any bootstrapping system when so many of them are free use.

In any case, we will keep the website fluid and nimble so that we can make style/theme changes easily.

kind regards,
nio
Pages:
Jump to: