Pages:
Author

Topic: OregonMines Group Buy $399 Colocated SP20s CC's Accepted - page 2. (Read 12747 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
Syke,  Yes, unfortunately we agree but will work diligently to correct over time.  Thanks, Tom

Tom,

Thanks for clearly this up and trying to bring a good company to the community, but you do understand that people will be very cautious to the point you will probably have to use escrow services for your sales until you have built a good reputation with sales and customer services.

Not being transparent about employing a person that many people have lost money to, only compounded this problem.

Good luck,
MC
Activity: 728
I purchased an SP20 from OregonMines over the weekend. I have to say that everything has gone smoothly so far, except for the outage that Oregonmines announced in this thread. Even that one hiccup was handled professionally, as they quickly got back to me once I noticed that it was down, gave me an estimate as to when it would be back up, and got it back up within that estimate. They also agreed to credit me for a full day, even though I lost less than a full day.

After expressing interest in purchasing the SP20, I received an invoice generated by Quickbooks from DG Rollins Mining, LLC. The invoice was for the cost of the unit, plus a month's hosting costs. OM agreed to run the unit underclocked, and charged me accordingly. I paid the invoice using bitcoin. I checked my pool about 10 minutes later, and the miner was already running. Other than the downtime mentioned above, the miner has run consistently and at the expected speed.

The one service I wish they offered is the ability to change pools myself through a web interface or something similar. Hopefully this is something that can be added in the future. That said, I haven't had a need to change pools yet, and OM has said that they will change pools upon request. However, especially with hosted services, I like to test out how the miner responds at different pools, so this would be a helpful added feature. I should add that Lee, who I suppose is their competitor, also does not offer this service.

Overall, I'm happy with my experience with OM. It appears to be a professionally run operation.

Thanks for taking the risk Smiley

What's the underclocked performance?

It ranges from 1.38 Ths to 1.42 Ths at the pool, just about what I expected.

Just an update two weeks later, I have not had any downtime or any issues with OM's service.  
This is no longer an issue regarding service. You are supporting a company that is associated with theft and fraud to satisfy your own greed. Honestly I hope anyone that invests in this gets burned, you get what you deserve.
Activity: 408
Merit: 250
I am running at full speed for now. i will watch it and see.   I kind of average my hosting costs and currently have miners in 4 places some cost more but I have some for .06 and some for .12.  I think this works out to
To about .10

Barbara

I personally think it's great that you are completely aware of the upside/downside of your mining operation because many people don't understand anything but you seem to be pretty well informed. That's great to hear. :-)  Godspeed. BTW, 0.12 is a bit pricey but I hope BTC bounces back soon as it has taken a hit lately.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
I purchased an SP20 from OregonMines over the weekend. I have to say that everything has gone smoothly so far, except for the outage that Oregonmines announced in this thread. Even that one hiccup was handled professionally, as they quickly got back to me once I noticed that it was down, gave me an estimate as to when it would be back up, and got it back up within that estimate. They also agreed to credit me for a full day, even though I lost less than a full day.

After expressing interest in purchasing the SP20, I received an invoice generated by Quickbooks from DG Rollins Mining, LLC. The invoice was for the cost of the unit, plus a month's hosting costs. OM agreed to run the unit underclocked, and charged me accordingly. I paid the invoice using bitcoin. I checked my pool about 10 minutes later, and the miner was already running. Other than the downtime mentioned above, the miner has run consistently and at the expected speed.

The one service I wish they offered is the ability to change pools myself through a web interface or something similar. Hopefully this is something that can be added in the future. That said, I haven't had a need to change pools yet, and OM has said that they will change pools upon request. However, especially with hosted services, I like to test out how the miner responds at different pools, so this would be a helpful added feature. I should add that Lee, who I suppose is their competitor, also does not offer this service.

Overall, I'm happy with my experience with OM. It appears to be a professionally run operation.

Thanks for taking the risk Smiley

What's the underclocked performance?

It ranges from 1.38 Ths to 1.42 Ths at the pool, just about what I expected.

Just an update two weeks later, I have not had any downtime or any issues with OM's service. 
Activity: 728
Should have been upfront from the beginning, you have lost whatever little credibility you had. It sound like there may be collusion  between you and Matt, this is getting more interesting by the day. Wonder how long it will take the authorities to visit Oregon Mines and start asking some valid questions.
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Padrino,

Thanks for your understanding of our position. We may not be able to convince the posters in this forum with words but hope to do so by diligently fulfilling our obligations as a hosting company including going above and beyond to satisfy our customers.

Regards, Tom

My advice to you mate.... cut and dump the prick ASAP.

Bicknellski is bang on with all his points and Carson is a liar, a thief and a conman. Anything he's brought to your company money or hardware wise would be off of the backs of others when he cut and run taking with him a boatload of cash and a fair bit of undelivered hardware to boot. I know I wouldn't want that trash in my company.

It's like the age old saying; lie with dogs and you get fleas
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Here's the first short list of questions passed along to me from a number of concerned Minersource creditors:

Has Miner Hosting LLC (Minersource) filed for bankruptcy, if so can you post the court documents?

Did Matt Carson steal all his customers hosted miners and/or bring them to Oregon Mines (there are lots of reports of Minersource hosted miners going offline and not being returned to customers), how can former Minersource customers get back their hosted miners?

Have any Minersource assets been misappropriated for use in Oregon Mines. Can we have someone independently come and verify this with your company records?

Why are you liquidating former Minersource assets on your ebay page http://stores.ebay.com/OregonMinesTheDalles ?
(This would appear to be a fraudulent conveyance.)

Is Matt attempting to hide assets from creditors by transferring assets to Oregon Mines or selling them below their actual value to Oregon mines?

Where should former Minersource customers that were defrauded send court summons paperwork?

---

Note: When you called me on the phone I clearly indicated to you that you had to tell people how to reach Matt and to come clean about your involvement with Matt and his association with your company. You did not do that until now when evidence surfaced and I would again strongly warn anyone off using your services until there is a resolution for minersource creditors (customers). Time to seek or prepare for a legal solution as well as call in local or federal agents to investigate this as soon as possible. That would include a long look at Oregon Mines books / assets for any cross over from Minersource. Unfortunately given what I know of your relationship with Matt and past dealings with Miner suppliers in China I would say there is a lot more to this situation and your word is not sufficient. It would be important to independently verify your statements made here.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Padrino,

Thanks for your understanding of our position. We may not be able to convince the posters in this forum with words but hope to do so by diligently fulfilling our obligations as a hosting company including going above and beyond to satisfy our customers.

Regards, Tom
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Syke,  Yes, unfortunately we agree but will work diligently to correct over time.  Thanks, Tom

Great, let me know when he's gone and then I can consider your facility for my hosting needs.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Oregon Mines/DG Rollins did not acquire any part of the operations of Minersource and cannot assume responsibility for issues arising between Minersource and its clients.

You do get to inherit his bad reputation, which now spoils yours.
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
Hello Forum Readers,

I'm Tom Thurber, the COO of Oregon Mines/DG Rollins and the father of the owner, Terrence Thurber.  This post has not been reviewed by anyone and may offend some.

I advocated for disclosure of Matt's position with Oregon Mines when the issue first came to my attention.  Matt asked that I defer the disclosure and, against my better judgment, I did so.

Oregon Mines and DG Rollins have absolutely nothing to hide.  Terrence was a client of Minersource and later, after starting a data center in Oregon, Matt Carson provided third party miners for hosting in the center.  Prior to employing Matt, Oregon Mines/DG Rollins was simply a client of Minersource.

Why did we hire Matt?  Matt's father agreed to acquire a minority interest in our business, infusing funds that will be used to double the data center's capacity.  As part of the deal, we agreed to hire Matt as Oregon Mines' VP of Sales.  Since Matt has delivered hosting clients to DG Rollins, it seemed like a smart move. 

It appears that a few people have serious unresolved issues with Matt.  This has no bearing on DG Rollins' operations.  My understanding is that Minersource is no longer in business.  I further understand that Matt relied on an unreliable manufacturer and passed along promises of that manufacturer that were not fulfilled.  In my opinion, this is a result of Matt's inexperience in the business world.  Don't make promises on behalf of others you do not control.

Oregon Mines and DG Rollins are split into two divisions, hosting and sales.  While with DG Rollins, Matt will be governed by our "customer first" approach that we actively use and promote in our existing hosting business.

Feel free to contact me by email ([email protected]) or Skype (DynoNY).  Oregon Mines/DG Rollins did not acquire any part of the operations of Minersource and cannot assume responsibility for issues arising between Minersource and its clients.

However, I am fully able to address all issues relating to Oregon Mines/DG Rollins.  We are serious about under-promising and over-delivering and invite you to challenge us by hosting at our center.  It is located at 3600 Crates Way, The Dalles, OR 97058.  We would welcome a visit if you are in the area.

Regards,
Tom Thurber
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Guess who was at the Oregon Mines booth at the Texas Bitcoin Conference.

(http://texasbitcoinconference.com/conferences/austin2015#sponsors).

Interesting.

So you can all ask Matthew to give you your refunds if you are looking for him. He is working for Oregon Mines.

Be careful dealing with this company. Minersource was just one more iteration of the same thing obviously Matt Carson is totally involved in this company as a VP.

Lying fuck. Hope this company goes under too (hopefully not taking poor innocent peoples money with it) like Carson did with MinerSource
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Activity: 924
Guess who was at the Oregon Mines booth at the Texas Bitcoin Conference.

(http://texasbitcoinconference.com/conferences/austin2015#sponsors).

Interesting.

So you can all ask Matthew to give you your refunds if you are looking for him. He is working for Oregon Mines.

Be careful dealing with this company. Minersource was just one more iteration of the same thing obviously Matt Carson is totally involved in this company as a VP.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
So far it has been hashing away at 1620 at least that is the poolside number.  I order another today and had it clocked to 180/180/180/180. And is hashing in the 1300 range, I will see how it acts.  I am planning on driving down there mid April and viewing the mine before purchase more miners.

I still am not recommending them.

I would not buy a forum ID but they are for sale here.   

Barbara
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
Since the purchasers now have well over a week of mining, what has your SP20 averaged in terms of hashrate? I don't try and run my single SP20 anywhere near top speed, so I am curious as to where in the range of 1400-1700 GH you folks have landed?

I am also truly surprised at the concept of purchasing an Id. I guess if you are trying to sell something, be it a scam or legit, it makes sense. I just can't quite fathom why someone would want to sell their "identity" though. Seems like a high price for a few bucks.
Activity: 72
I really do not know what to say at this point.  When I first purchased a U3 miner in November I came here for help and information.  Since this is the only place that the manufactures use.  People here have helped me getting my U3's running, almost burnt my home down.  I had trouble with the S4 and the C1, I asked questions and people helped me. 

Now it seems that since I only have 62 posts it is okay to call me names, and insult me.  What I tried here was to take what everyone said was a scam and test them.

I have never recommend them to anyone. I did spend my money and get what I paid for that is all'

I have miners hosted with ASICSPACE, when people here were claiming it was a scam, I have had good luck with them

I have miners hosted with Lee in China I have had good luck with him.  I even purchased one from Philipma1957.

I have miners hosted with Oregonmines and I have gotten what I paid for.

I also keep miners at home, I spread my risks and since I am new to mining I am/was trying to contribute the greater good of Bitcoin.  The people on here seem more intent on tearing each other down and calling names than they do advancing the Bitcoin message.

If I would have known what I know now I would have purchased a user name, for sale on this board, with a large number of posts, I would not have given my real name or disclosed any personal information about myself.

I am positive no one with a high post count has EVER scammed anyone or acted as a shrill for a company.  You do not see paid  signature on my posts.

All of that being said, I am not recommending to anyone to buy any miners or hosting from anyone.  I would appreciate if you all refrained from calling me names.

Barbara

Don't listen to these haters Barbara.  I appreciate you contributing to the BTC community, and hope you will continue to do so in the future! 

-David
Activity: 154
I really do not know what to say at this point.  When I first purchased a U3 miner in November I came here for help and information.  Since this is the only place that the manufactures use.  People here have helped me getting my U3's running, almost burnt my home down.  I had trouble with the S4 and the C1, I asked questions and people helped me. 

Now it seems that since I only have 62 posts it is okay to call me names, and insult me.  What I tried here was to take what everyone said was a scam and test them.

I have never recommend them to anyone. I did spend my money and get what I paid for that is all'

I have miners hosted with ASICSPACE, when people here were claiming it was a scam, I have had good luck with them

I have miners hosted with Lee in China I have had good luck with him.  I even purchased one from Philipma1957.

I have miners hosted with Oregonmines and I have gotten what I paid for.

I also keep miners at home, I spread my risks and since I am new to mining I am/was trying to contribute the greater good of Bitcoin.  The people on here seem more intent on tearing each other down and calling names than they do advancing the Bitcoin message.

If I would have known what I know now I would have purchased a user name, for sale on this board, with a large number of posts, I would not have given my real name or disclosed any personal information about myself.

I am positive no one with a high post count has EVER scammed anyone or acted as a shrill for a company.  You do not see paid  signature on my posts.

All of that being said, I am not recommending to anyone to buy any miners or hosting from anyone.  I would appreciate if you all refrained from calling me names.

Barbara
Pages:
Jump to: