Pages:
Author

Topic: OregonMines Group Buy $399 Colocated SP20s CC's Accepted - page 4. (Read 12747 times)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
I purchased an SP20 from OregonMines over the weekend. I have to say that everything has gone smoothly so far, except for the outage that Oregonmines announced in this thread. Even that one hiccup was handled professionally, as they quickly got back to me once I noticed that it was down, gave me an estimate as to when it would be back up, and got it back up within that estimate. They also agreed to credit me for a full day, even though I lost less than a full day.

After expressing interest in purchasing the SP20, I received an invoice generated by Quickbooks from DG Rollins Mining, LLC. The invoice was for the cost of the unit, plus a month's hosting costs. OM agreed to run the unit underclocked, and charged me accordingly. I paid the invoice using bitcoin. I checked my pool about 10 minutes later, and the miner was already running. Other than the downtime mentioned above, the miner has run consistently and at the expected speed.

The one service I wish they offered is the ability to change pools myself through a web interface or something similar. Hopefully this is something that can be added in the future. That said, I haven't had a need to change pools yet, and OM has said that they will change pools upon request. However, especially with hosted services, I like to test out how the miner responds at different pools, so this would be a helpful added feature. I should add that Lee, who I suppose is their competitor, also does not offer this service.

Overall, I'm happy with my experience with OM. It appears to be a professionally run operation.

Thanks for taking the risk Smiley

What's the underclocked performance?

It ranges from 1.38 Ths to 1.42 Ths at the pool, just about what I expected.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I purchased an SP20 from OregonMines over the weekend. I have to say that everything has gone smoothly so far, except for the outage that Oregonmines announced in this thread. Even that one hiccup was handled professionally, as they quickly got back to me once I noticed that it was down, gave me an estimate as to when it would be back up, and got it back up within that estimate. They also agreed to credit me for a full day, even though I lost less than a full day.

After expressing interest in purchasing the SP20, I received an invoice generated by Quickbooks from DG Rollins Mining, LLC. The invoice was for the cost of the unit, plus a month's hosting costs. OM agreed to run the unit underclocked, and charged me accordingly. I paid the invoice using bitcoin. I checked my pool about 10 minutes later, and the miner was already running. Other than the downtime mentioned above, the miner has run consistently and at the expected speed.

The one service I wish they offered is the ability to change pools myself through a web interface or something similar. Hopefully this is something that can be added in the future. That said, I haven't had a need to change pools yet, and OM has said that they will change pools upon request. However, especially with hosted services, I like to test out how the miner responds at different pools, so this would be a helpful added feature. I should add that Lee, who I suppose is their competitor, also does not offer this service.

Overall, I'm happy with my experience with OM. It appears to be a professionally run operation.

Thanks for taking the risk Smiley

What's the underclocked performance?

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Just received the following response from them

This will not be a problem, could you provide an email to be invoiced to, also so we can send you your contract when it is ready.

The invoice usually comes first with the contract a day or so behind.

OM
[/quote]

My answer

My email address is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I will not pay the invoice until I see the contract.

also it would help to see it mining on my pools soon, consider it proof of life.

How come no name in signature? just OM

Barbara
If this works out, not having to buy power supplies, and the ability to sell the miner in the future helps
Time will tell

Barbara
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
I be warned

Thanks for trying this out and reporting your results. I do wish you the best of luck on this. My biggest concern here isn't the operating margin, which isn't great, it's the risk of fraud/collapse.
I be warned
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Okay, I will bite.  

I would like one sp 20 for 399.00  I will pay the 50 later to have it shipped to me.

I will pay the 2.90 hosting per day.

I want a month to month contract, with options to keep the miner there for at least 6 months.

you agree to under clock at my request to 1.92 day.

I can remove my miner before the 6 months are up if I give you notice

I will post on the forum all of my interactions, how long things take, and what kind of ongoing service I get.  Including downtime.

I want a phone number as well as an email address for support.

I wish to pay with credit card.

Barbara
At-least paying with credit card you will hopefully have some recourse if things go bad. Good luck and don't say you weren't warned if you get burned.
Okay, I will bite.  

I would like one sp 20 for 399.00  I will pay the 50 later to have it shipped to me.

I will pay the 2.90 hosting per day.

I want a month to month contract, with options to keep the miner there for at least 6 months.

you agree to under clock at my request to 1.92 day.

I can remove my miner before the 6 months are up if I give you notice

I will post on the forum all of my interactions, how long things take, and what kind of ongoing service I get.  Including downtime.

I want a phone number as well as an email address for support.

I wish to pay with credit card.

Barbara
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
Who are you?

Business license?

Experience?

DG Rollins Mining LLC is a Wyoming based LLC which operates OregonMines.com, and is in the business of Bitcoin miner colocation and hosting services.

Some of our experience for the past 3 months:

@Loshia:
The questions he brought up in the post are on topic. Please edit your post to be on topic or remove it.

Here's an idea. Answer his question without beating around the bush and hiding under a company name. Who are YOU?

Minersource and Matt Carson have been brought up in this thread. You have a whopping 13 posts and an obscure company name.

Where is the data center? This datacenter is located 2 states away from where the company is registered, how convenient.

If i was to use my mining hardware to generate some income and then skip town, this is the exact business model i would use to do it, as you seem to have all the areas covered.
Activity: 110
OregonMines Official Account
On Sunday night we had a small networking issue that took down one of our tunnels. This was corrected yesterday afternoon those effected will receive an additional day of hosting for the trouble.

Update: Free escrow with Credit Card processing, prices listed are the prices paid (wire transfer fees still apply).
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Be careful who you trust people. Your miners and BTC could vanish just as easily as Minersource's clients did. Warning to any newbs out there.

A side note, but is there some detailed writeup as to what happened with/at Minersource?
EDIT: nevermind, found it here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10783545
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Be careful who you trust people. Your miners and BTC could vanish just as easily as Minersource's clients did. Warning to any newbs out there.
Would I have access to my miners?  How long can someone keep a miner hosted there?
Barbara

Normally changes to miners need to be made by emailing info (at) oregonmines.com . Response time is normally well under 24 hours.

If you are purchasing a rack of units between 12-15, you can also purchase VPN access and make the changes yourself.
Would I have access to my miners?  How long can someone keep a miner hosted there?
Barbara
Credit Cards now accepted, include your payment method in your PM.
Assuming this is legit, it seems like a possible alternative to Lee's S5 hosting deal in China, particularly for US based miners. The $399 price for an SP20 seems quite reasonable, and a termination/shipping fee of $50 is a little high, but probably no worse than what it would cost to finish up at Lee' facility. Lee has a significantly better daily rate though.

Could Oregon Mines set up one or two SP20's with the "downclock rate" (i.e. 180W on the 4 loops), and report what the hash rate is after several hours?
The shipping / termination fee includes, removing the unit, shipping the unit in the US as well as insurance.

The price per KW/month is actually under Lee's, the SP20 uses more power and has a higher hashrate / downclocking can lower the hosting fee.

I'll arrange the downclock testing for tomorrow and report back what it is averaging at the end of the day.

I think it's about the same at 0.10/kwh. But Lee said that once he sells a few more units, he will drop 10%. If you guys are able to get the rate down to $0.09/kwh this will be a much more attractive deal, I'd certainly be interested.
We can certainly lower the costs for bulk purchases 12+ units.
Assuming this is legit, it seems like a possible alternative to Lee's S5 hosting deal in China, particularly for US based miners. The $399 price for an SP20 seems quite reasonable, and a termination/shipping fee of $50 is a little high, but probably no worse than what it would cost to finish up at Lee' facility. Lee has a significantly better daily rate though.

Could Oregon Mines set up one or two SP20's with the "downclock rate" (i.e. 180W on the 4 loops), and report what the hash rate is after several hours?
The shipping / termination fee includes, removing the unit, shipping the unit in the US as well as insurance.

The price per KW/month is actually under Lee's, the SP20 uses more power and has a higher hashrate / downclocking can lower the hosting fee.

I'll arrange the downclock testing for tomorrow and report back what it is averaging at the end of the day.

I think it's about the same at 0.10/kwh. But Lee said that once he sells a few more units, he will drop 10%. If you guys are able to get the rate down to $0.09/kwh this will be a much more attractive deal, I'd certainly be interested.

The shipping / termination fee includes, removing the unit, shipping the unit in the US as well as full shipping insurance.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Anyone here tried this out yet?
Pages:
Jump to: