Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 2. (Read 122191 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

It's not exactly a hardware wallet (close), but I received the OPENDIME devices just the other day.  They are a simplified version, more-or-less a disposable "bearer-bond" device.

I am happy with mine, I tried it out, and they work fine.

Here is the thread, along with my comments:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1452987.40
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

I bought one when they came out last year. This was before Android Marshmallow came out. Now I leave the Case at home and just use Breadwallet on Android as Marshmallow requires fingerprint verification to log in. I would put the $199 into a new phone instead if you do not have the latest iPhone or Nexus.
legendary
Thank you for this compilation! According to the information I read in TREZOR's thread a new TREZOR is about to be released. Will I be able to see in the thread so is this thread still updated? If yes, could you please check the invalid pictures or is it just me?

You probably will not see a photo of the Trezor 2.0 until the Hackathon at the end of September and not be able to buy until end of year from rumours I have heard.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
Thank you for this compilation! According to the information I read in TREZOR's thread a new TREZOR is about to be released. Will I be able to see in the thread so is this thread still updated? If yes, could you please check the invalid pictures or is it just me?
legendary
Merit: 1000
Is this video made by you Tongue, exactly what we wanted to see, that's awesome that the Nano S is water resistant for at least few minutes but do you have any idea if the Nano S worked after a day or two?

it was made by a team member, I believe it would still have been working if hadn't decided to try it with a blender next  Grin

it still survived after that but the display shows some weird dimming that we're analyzing.

Even the latest phone work on water for few minutes but after a while they stop working if they are not water resistant like samsung S7.
Anyway the ledger from the video above performs good, if the display is dimmed a bit and still works thats good. I might soon order the nano S, a friend of mine ordered it and after review it I will probably order at September Smiley Thanks for the video Smiley
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
CTO, Ledger
Is this video made by you Tongue, exactly what we wanted to see, that's awesome that the Nano S is water resistant for at least few minutes but do you have any idea if the Nano S worked after a day or two?

it was made by a team member, I believe it would still have been working if hadn't decided to try it with a blender next  Grin

it still survived after that but the display shows some weird dimming that we're analyzing.

Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Good to know that my order of Ledger Nano S has been shipped and is on the way.
I will post a short review and first impression about it once it reaches my hand.

Not covered by the warranty (don't try this at home folks) but still it should survive an unexpected water spill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNP3aXrsz50

Voila! Shocked
I didn't expect to be that intensively resistant! Of course no one will purposefully dip it as was in the demonstration but the outcome is really fascinating man!
Feeling glad to pre-order that beast! Cheesy

I have purchased the Ledger cheapest one but the material looks very cheap

You did a huge mistake by not buying the Ledger Nano S.
It is 100 times better than HW1. Being an HW1 user myself, I can guarantee the fact. Wink
legendary

I have purchased the Ledger cheapest one but the material looks very cheap, is the Nano S a strong material, do you have any idea if it is water resistant!
Ether support is increasing time by time and ledger nano S being the first ethereum hardware wallet makes the ledger more usable!

The new Nano S is substantial. Nor sure what type of plastic the case is made of but the body measures slightly over a quarter inch thick. I doubt dropping it would break it. No idea on water resistance sorry. I suspect the USB port would be the problem with water. This hardware wallet impresses as a very well made product.

The price tells the quality in this case, the Ledger Nano S seems a promising hardware wallet, I should upgrade to this one.

No idea on water resistance sorry

Not covered by the warranty (don't try this at home folks) but still it should survive an unexpected water spill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNP3aXrsz50

CTO, Ledger
No idea on water resistance sorry

legendary

I have purchased the Ledger cheapest one but the material looks very cheap, is the Nano S a strong material, do you have any idea if it is water resistant!
Ether support is increasing time by time and ledger nano S being the first ethereum hardware wallet makes the ledger more usable!

The new Nano S is substantial. Nor sure what type of plastic the case is made of but the body measures slightly over a quarter inch thick. I doubt dropping it would break it. No idea on water resistance sorry. I suspect the USB port would be the problem with water. This hardware wallet impresses as a very well made product.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

A little Saturday Humor I just saw at reddit.  Hey, if you can't take it to the beach, what can you do?

https://i.imgur.com/vI9QuK0l.jpg

Happy 4th!

Smiley

legendary
The screen replaces the security card, you confirm transactions on the Nana S using a button.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
If passphrase support will be added, can you consider implementing a method to counter potential keylogging on the host computer? Like maybe a scrambled-letter cypher on the Ledger's screen that changes each time?  

we could also enter it directly on device - we do that for the recovery, even if the auto completion makes things easier here

1. Ability to send bitcoins to multiple addresses at the same time which helps to cut down transaction fees. Just like Blockchain.info's multi-send feature.

this will be available quickly on the wallet firmware, a bit later on the Chrome application.

2. Abillity to sign any addresses generated on my wallet.

same thing here

3. Ability to directly exchange BTC to ETH and vice versa as an when an user feels safe to do so.

this should typically be done with a wallet integration (for example with Shapeshift), we don't plan to support it in the Chrome application for the time being.

Just to confirm, your Nano S does not require the security card? And are you going to come out with any "Limited edition" Nanos, like the HW.1s?
CTO, Ledger
If passphrase support will be added, can you consider implementing a method to counter potential keylogging on the host computer? Like maybe a scrambled-letter cypher on the Ledger's screen that changes each time?  

we could also enter it directly on device - we do that for the recovery, even if the auto completion makes things easier here

1. Ability to send bitcoins to multiple addresses at the same time which helps to cut down transaction fees. Just like Blockchain.info's multi-send feature.

this will be available quickly on the wallet firmware, a bit later on the Chrome application.

same thing here

3. Ability to directly exchange BTC to ETH and vice versa as an when an user feels safe to do so.

this should typically be done with a wallet integration (for example with Shapeshift), we don't plan to support it in the Chrome application for the time being.

Activity: 692

+1 (although I don't know if feasible on S's display)
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
I pre-ordered a Ledger Nano S and am looking forward to see it's potential, whether it can compete with Trezor and KeepKey. It is to some extent "budget friendly" comparing with other options as mentioned above.

Previously I was a customer of Ledger HW.1 and I was satisfied with the product and it's overall usage, but I have a few request, which if considered updating on firmware of Nano S would be great:

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Are passphrases supported ?
they are but not enabled yet as the stretching still takes about 10 seconds

Pages:
Jump to: