Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 10. (Read 122191 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I heard the trezor is the most popular one, in terms of security and using it.
Does anyone know when they will have a new promotion again. I want to try it.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
everyone of them look class, to be honest i o like the trazor, but would be worried if it broke down....  Grin
Activity: 306
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Hardware Wallet Sales Strongly Correlated with Bitcoin Price

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
added BitLox.

Thanks!

I'm the developer of the BitLox, so if anybody has questions, shoot away!

The BitLox look like interesting products.  But, there is a lot of competition, and the prices are high.

Maybe a VIDEO on how the device works would be nice at your website, also a FAQ.

Other than the titanium (vs. aluminum), is there any difference between the "Advanced" and the "Ultimate"?

I look forward to any reviews...
I saw a video of it working underwater.  Interesting... but haven't seen it actually sending btc yrt

Tonight I'll post up a video of the full functionality, running through using it with the mobile apps & the "desktop" apps.
The main difference between Advanced and Ultimate is indeed the case materials. The Titanium one is machined from a solid block of titanium, it's a real beast to make.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
You should include the 21 Bitcoin Computer in your full node section as you can configure it without further intervention.

https://21.co/learn/faq/#can-i-run-the-21-bitcoin-computer-as-a-full-node

added. thx.
Activity: 306
I would love to buy a hardware wallet but the main thing that seems to be so stupid is the prices being way over priced for the type of hardware being used costs next to nothing. No doubt paying for the software and platform and stature and security it has on it. Anyone know of any that just provide the software to put onto own pen drive and making own security for it?

Expensive? The Ledger HW.1 is only approx. $15 USD. And there are several sites that give them away periodically as a promotion.

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
I would love to buy a hardware wallet but the main thing that seems to be so stupid is the prices being way over priced for the type of hardware being used costs next to nothing. No doubt paying for the software and platform and stature and security it has on it. Anyone know of any that just provide the software to put onto own pen drive and making own security for it?
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
You should include the 21 Bitcoin Computer in your full node section as you can configure it without further intervention.

https://21.co/learn/faq/#can-i-run-the-21-bitcoin-computer-as-a-full-node
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
added BitLox.

Thanks!

The BitLox look like interesting products.  But, there is a lot of competition, and the prices are high.

Maybe a VIDEO on how the device works would be nice at your website, also a FAQ.

Other than the titanium (vs. aluminum), is there any difference between the "Advanced" and the "Ultimate"?

I saw a video of it working underwater.  Interesting... but haven't seen it actually sending btc yrt
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
added BitLox.

Thanks!

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
added BitLox.

Thanks!

legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
Electrum 2.5.4 works fine with Trezor. You have to initialize your Trezor using myTrezor.com first. After that if you want to use Electrum download 2.5.4 portable and save it in a folder on your desktop. I like the portable version for privacy because it does not write to %AppData%.

Connect your Trezor by USB then navigate to the folder you saved Electrum in and click on the application. Then choose create a new wallet and hardware wallet then click next. You will be give the option of Ledger, KeepKey or Trezor. Choose Trezor and click next and you should be good to go. Any hidden wallets you set up at myTrezor.com will also show in Electrum. I think people are trying to recreate wallets rather than creating new ones.

Those instructions looks nice and detailed. But what about someone who is using Linux?

Follow the instructions for Linux at https://electrum.org/#download if you run into a problem ThomasV would want to know, just ask in the Electum board here at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0

The instructions you sent are for installing electrum on linux. I already have electrum installed this is why I am trying to find why electrum and trezor will not talk or work together. I tried to reinstal the electrum wallet with a install harware wallet option and it only gives an option for installing a ledger wallet not the trezor. I am missing something or Sad.

There is definitely a problem with Electrum 2.5.4 on Linux. Trezor does not show up on the list of supported hardware wallets. There was a workaround published on reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/2jp9uk/tutorial_install_electrum_20_beta_with_trezor/ tried it and failed. I think it is incumbent on ThomasV to make sure the latest 2.5.4 Electrum works with Trezor on Linux. If dependencies have to be added from the console he should provide instructions. I have no more time to experiment with it myself sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
Great list! I love the 'hardbit' wallet. But I have a question, are theses really any different then a raspi with lcd and battery backup? eg the bitcoin mini, and bitnodes ones?
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Great thread! I might consider buying one, could be useful and a cool gadget.
A lot of them too choose from though.

You are welcome  Wink
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
Electrum 2.5.4 works fine with Trezor. You have to initialize your Trezor using myTrezor.com first. After that if you want to use Electrum download 2.5.4 portable and save it in a folder on your desktop. I like the portable version for privacy because it does not write to %AppData%.

Connect your Trezor by USB then navigate to the folder you saved Electrum in and click on the application. Then choose create a new wallet and hardware wallet then click next. You will be give the option of Ledger, KeepKey or Trezor. Choose Trezor and click next and you should be good to go. Any hidden wallets you set up at myTrezor.com will also show in Electrum. I think people are trying to recreate wallets rather than creating new ones.

Those instructions looks nice and detailed. But what about someone who is using Linux?

Follow the instructions for Linux at https://electrum.org/#download if you run into a problem ThomasV would want to know, just ask in the Electum board here at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0

The instructions you sent are for installing electrum on linux. I already have electrum installed this is why I am trying to find why electrum and trezor will not talk or work together. I tried to reinstal the electrum wallet with a install harware wallet option and it only gives an option for installing a ledger wallet not the trezor. I am missing something or Sad.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
Great thread! I might consider buying one, could be useful and a cool gadget.
A lot of them too choose from though.
Pages:
Jump to: