Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 9. (Read 122191 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
where I can buy by hand in Italy? only online selling?
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
Quite a short "review" that left a lot of blanks. Fortunately replies to that article filled in some of them.
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
CTO, Ledger
Can please somebody fix the link for 10. HW1 Wallet
It seems that the link is broken and it is redirecting me to another website.

it's ok, it redirects you to Ledger website on which you can buy HW.1 - both shops have been merged some time ago.
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Since October 2015 my sold cards are now free of any fees. These cards cost only 20 EUR a piece and come with a paper wallet backup.
Perfect for those without too much time for hassle using Bitcoin.

This move was made in order to bring the pricing structure closer to the standard of other hardware wallets.

I have also begun distributing FREE cards in the Copenhagen area to improve localized Bitcoin adoption.
These free cards have a 1.8% fee - except for merchants who get normal cards scot-free.

Yes that is right, the 0$ Bitcoin wallet is HERE!

Read more at www.BlochsTech.com

PS.: I would be very happy if LiteCoinGuy would include my finished, open protocol, community developed product equally alongside the "jpegs only" products or explain why it will not be listed Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Can please somebody fix the link for 10. HW1 Wallet
It seems that the link is broken and it is redirecting me to another website.
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
Activity: 623
CTO, Ledger
As far as I know, both the Trezor and the Ledger have the same disadvantage of storing the seed (Ledger) or mnemonics (Trezor) UNENCRYPTED on the device.

This means that if someone gets physical possession of the device, they might be able to use tricks such as partially dissolving the security chip in acid and extracting the plaintext seed/mnemonic.

However, this is where I think the Trezor is actually more secure than the Ledger.  The option to require a passphrase in combination with the mnemonics means that even if someone in is able to physically get the mnemonics off the Trezor, they still need the passphrase to reconstitute the seed.

We (Ledger) actually use smartcards for two reasons : cost at scale, and because they're specifically designed to withstand physical attacks - if you store secrets on a generic purpose microcontroller and are worried about physical attacks, you shall use a good passphrase in my opinon. It's not an option. Physical attacks against generic purpose microcontrollers are not widespread yet, but the more people use them to store secrets the more common it will be, and we'll be looking at physical kits to dump their memory in a couple of seconds / minutes, similar to old console modchips.
Activity: 133
As far as I know, both the Trezor and the Ledger have the same disadvantage of storing the seed (Ledger) or mnemonics (Trezor) UNENCRYPTED on the device.

This means that if someone gets physical possession of the device, they might be able to use tricks such as partially dissolving the security chip in acid and extracting the plaintext seed/mnemonic.

However, this is where I think the Trezor is actually more secure than the Ledger.  The option to require a passphrase in combination with the mnemonics means that even if someone in is able to physically get the mnemonics off the Trezor, they still need the passphrase to reconstitute the seed.
Activity: 854
I'm confused between Trezor, Ledgerwallet HW1 and Goochain Citadelle. Which one is the most secure and cannot be hacked at all? Which one uses more than one authentication at a time for a single transaction?

I have seen some links in OP are not working and some are already sold out or abandoned. For eg; CryptoLabs "Case", https://mycelium.com/bitcoincard and Ledger wallet. It needs to get updated.

I believe Trezor is the most secure option of the hardware wallets. The screen is a big plus. Trezor does show your sending address on the screen and asks you twice to confirm the transaction before it sends. In terms of authentication you will have to enter your PIN and also passphrase if you passphrase protected the account.

I am also a fan of the Case Wallet and use mine about as often as the Trezor. The website shows sold out but customer service told me they are planning another production run this month. My favorite product from Ledger is the Unplugged contactless NFC card.

Of you setup a ledger on a secure OS(there is a provision for an iso file), I reckon the ledger would perform just as good as the trezor.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

I believe Trezor is the most secure option of the hardware wallets. The screen is a big plus. Trezor does show your sending address on the screen and asks you twice to confirm the transaction before it sends. In terms of authentication you will have to enter your PIN and also passphrase if you passphrase protected the account.

I know that. But at the same time Ledger Wallet is also having high security measures of 2FA since you cannot send money until you either confirm a transaction via smartphone or input the custom authentication codes from the separate offline card given in the package.

So which one is best among the two now?

I would consider confirmation via smartphone the more secure option if you are using Ledger.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252

I know that. But at the same time Ledger Wallet is also having high security measures of 2FA since you cannot send money until you either confirm a transaction via smartphone or input the custom authentication codes from the separate offline card given in the package.

So which one is best among the two now?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
I'm confused between Trezor, Ledgerwallet HW1 and Goochain Citadelle. Which one is the most secure and cannot be hacked at all? Which one uses more than one authentication at a time for a single transaction?

I have seen some links in OP are not working and some are already sold out or abandoned. For eg; CryptoLabs "Case", https://mycelium.com/bitcoincard and Ledger wallet. It needs to get updated.

I am also a fan of the Case Wallet and use mine about as often as the Trezor. The website shows sold out but customer service told me they are planning another production run this month. My favorite product from Ledger is the Unplugged contactless NFC card.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Activity: 756
Very informative, thank you.  This is in my opinion a gray area for me in Bitcoin.  I am working at grasping this concept.
Activity: 133
I really like the Bitlox hardware design, but am a bit put-off by the current website.

The website says they cater to the needs of security conscious users, and they even have a .onion address for tor users... but unfortunately require javascript to access any of their websites, which completley defeats the purpose.
Activity: 854
Nice! Where did you obtain the graph?

It was posted on reddit by ledger's CEO
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
Hardware Wallet Sales Strongly Correlated with Bitcoin Price

By eyeballing your graph (making estimates of the numbers), litecoinguy, I calculated (on MS Excel) a correlation coefficient of about 0.84, which is indeed a very strong correlation.

You rarely see correlation coefficients of over 0.65 or so (depending...) in the social sciences, often a C.C. of 0.30 is often considered "significant".  0.84 is indeed VERY significant.

More data over a longer period of time would be EXCELLENT to see, I hope that you re-visit Ledger's sales by month, perhaps in the past as well.

Very interesting!  Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: