Pages:
Author

Topic: Overview of Universal Basic Income Crypto Projects [24 Projects Listed] - page 6. (Read 13443 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Community Builder and Telegram Moderator
With all due respect, I would like a start to this thread with a brief definition and description of UBI projects in laymen terms for people to understand coupled with dynamics of such projects and how people can benefit from it. This is an awesome compilation for those who understand but for people still new (which most of us are as crypto itself is new), this shall act as starter.

Also, the theme is based on redistribution of wealth. However, generally new tokens are created every year which are further redistributed to new members. But this increased supply shall fuel inflation and wont do much good in terms of wealth redistribution.

You may like to add Grant Coin (http://www.grantcoin.org/) and Circles (https://joincircles.net/).

PS: please review both of them independently.

Great feedback, I will update the thread with a better explanation. Both the coins you've mentioned were already on the list, grantcoin = manna

Irrespective of crytocurrencies, there have been many experiments all over the world encompassing developing as well as developed countries like Canada, Kenya, Uganda, Netherland etc.  Apart from these, India has also shown an interest last year when Annual Economic Survey (popularly called as budget here) had a section dedicated to it. But all these experiments so far has just remained as pilot projects and not evolved themselves into an ecosystem.

I am just thinking myself, what would I do if someday I am assured that I do not have to worry for working my ass off everyday ! Roll Eyes

I would like to get your views on what impacts could it bring to te society, both positive as well as negative by-products. One thing I can think off could be drugs/ alcohol consumption getting higher, or may be economic growth going down due to fall in productivity. But yes, it shall surely increase the happiness index enmasses. Afterall, we work to live and not vice versa !  Cheesy

Hello Sir,

Please consider adding JSEcoin.
http://jsecoin.com

Do Jsecoin listed anywhere? or yet to be launched?
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
JSEcoin is a very good web browser mining income project, please consider adding it.
http://jsecoin.com

Web Browser Mining:
Anyone with a web browser or website can now mine cryptocurrency. Either mine on your own device on our easy to use platform, or simply install a code snippet into your website which will earn you tokens whilst your visitors browse.

Platform Mining Overview:
You can register your JSECoin account and start mining in 60 seconds.

We have a dedicated mining page on the platform where you can put your devices CPU to use earning you some JSECoin tokens. Here your computer will be performing mathematical equations to secure our blockchain (basically a ledger of all of our transactions) and as a reward for doing this you will have the chance to earn JSECoin tokens.

You’re in complete control the whole time and are able to start and stop the process at any point, as well as change how much CPU power you dedicate to mining.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I'm kinda amazed, I can honestly say I never even considered this as an application for blockchain technology. If these projects can show the benefit to their platform, there's a chance more progressive governments might adopt this. Either way in the end someone does have the burden of funding the basic income; but using a blockchain style ledger would greatly reduce the behind the scenes costs and potential errors involved in current social assistance programs.

I'm going to have to do some more reading on each but it's nice to see several developments out there focusing on distribution of wealth and not just decentralization. Thanks for putting this out there I definitely see the benefit to these platforms especially when dealing with less privileged members of society.

EDIT: I just did a quick search and turned up this project as well.

http://www.grantcoin.org/

Grantcoin is the same as manna, check out their recent posts on that website Wink I'm personally really passionate about projects like these, because it's something that society will need sooner rather than later.
This could be a great implementation of Basic income at relatively low cost.

Thanks for the comment!
In this respect, however, although an equal distribution of wealth is ideal, it still undermines the role of money as an incentive that pushes people to work harder, thus getting more income. Perhaps in a utopian society where the population is infused with the notion of hard work as a measure to maximize human potential and a sense of place in civilization which justifies this effort towards growth, such an implementation would work.

But given a society that is built on capitalist foundations and a craving for stratification, it is better off leaving mankind for to its own interests - a personal pursuit for meaning and purpose fueled by individual definitions of money.

And just to put it out there, an equal society tends to be a boring one. Suppose I'd have mustered enough cash to go on a vacation to a luxurious resort: once I arrive, it's empty. No one at the reception waiting for guests, no janitors keeping the establishment clean and no lifeguards securing the swimming area. Why? They've all saved enough money to go out at the same exact day that I did, earning and saving the same amount a year too. In the world today, this seems to be unreal, but in a society built on equal pay, a tale like this could be a narrative of daily life - a repetitive cycle of working and saving - towards what will always be a dead end job.

Just my two cents Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

Grantcoin is the same as manna, check out their recent posts on that website Wink I'm personally really passionate about projects like these, because it's something that society will need sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the comment!

Not a problem, I edited my post as I did a little more reading.

Your right, although I would say this UBI is something that has been needed a long time. I've always been the sort you could consider a bleeding heart; but still live in reality. The first time I really understood the massive amounts of need were when I worked for a call center that handled calls for charities. Don't get me wrong it wasn't volunteer in any way and the company was greasy as far as I was concerned. One thing that made me good at those projects was instead of reading the scripts I looked into the charities so I could actually carry on a conversation with the donors(by the time I was done talking Wink ) The tough part was realizing you couldn't help everyone with the current system.

I hope that governments adopt this; I know some Canadian provinces are talking about UBI and it would be great to get them on board in this manner.

Again thanks for the info I'll be doing a little more research on these and maybe even start spreading the word.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
With all due respect, I would like a start to this thread with a brief definition and description of UBI projects in laymen terms for people to understand coupled with dynamics of such projects and how people can benefit from it. This is an awesome compilation for those who understand but for people still new (which most of us are as crypto itself is new), this shall act as starter.

Also, the theme is based on redistribution of wealth. However, generally new tokens are created every year which are further redistributed to new members. But this increased supply shall fuel inflation and wont do much good in terms of wealth redistribution.

You may like to add Grant Coin (http://www.grantcoin.org/) and Circles (https://joincircles.net/).

Great feedback, I will update the thread with a better explanation. Both the coins you've mentioned were already on the list, grantcoin = manna

Watching this thread with interest.

Also, would NEO count? Due to the gas generation property all holders are provided a small income.

Edit: https://www.enumivo.org/ (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eidos-enumivo-is-dead-oh-sht-2903323)

Enumivo seems to meet your criteria directly, very little information available on it, particularly information about how the income is generated.

Neo doesn't seem to have basic income as it's goal, so that one I'll not include.

Enumivo was already on the list Wink

I'm kinda amazed, I can honestly say I never even considered this as an application for blockchain technology. If these projects can show the benefit to their platform, there's a chance more progressive governments might adopt this. Either way in the end someone does have the burden of funding the basic income; but using a blockchain style ledger would greatly reduce the behind the scenes costs and potential errors involved in current social assistance programs.

I'm going to have to do some more reading on each but it's nice to see several developments out there focusing on distribution of wealth and not just decentralization. Thanks for putting this out there I definitely see the benefit to these platforms especially when dealing with less privileged members of society.

EDIT: I just did a quick search and turned up this project as well.

Thanks for the comment!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

EDIT: I just did a quick search and turned up this project as well. Sorry noticed the post up top and realized that Manna was the re branding of this grantcoin.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
Watching this thread with interest.

Also, would NEO count? Due to the gas generation property all holders are provided a small income.

Edit: https://www.enumivo.org/ (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eidos-enumivo-is-dead-oh-sht-2903323)

Enumivo seems to meet your criteria directly, very little information available on it, particularly information about how the income is generated.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

Activity: 2366
Merit: 866
I don't Just get it  what is Meant by "Basic Income Projects"
Are you compiling the coins / tokens which have good potential or you are compiling the sites which can give good Income ?

Just a suggestion, you could have started a "Moderated thread" to keep the spam out of the way.
Activity: 938
Merit: 261
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3052967.new#new
ARMR
https://armr.network/
security and anonimity
probably already everyone is tired of verifications. and I want to return the former anonymity
legendary
Update:

I've added 'Steem Basic Income' to the list, while it's not really a standalone project, I still think it might be useful for people who are already a member of Steemit.
Let me know if someone wants certain information added to the overview or if you know of other basic income projects!
legendary
Update:

I've added UBIT to the list, a project I've found here on Bitcointalk. The project seems to be pretty new, but their Github seems active so I've added it.
Also added Bitcointalk thread to some of the other entries and scam warning for the Purpose/dubi project.

Again, let me know if you know something else that I could add Smiley
legendary
As long as others are willing to trade for these coins they should be interesting ones to keep an eye on. Simply to see where are they heading. I myself like the idea of basic income, because in future machines will take most of our jobs and then people will have to have basic income, this is really good to see in crypto space, first time I am exposed to such thing and that I personally hear about it in crypto world. Thanks for sharing! Will go through these projects, sound interesting now.

Yeah I personally believe that this idea will definitely gain more traction in the future and that crypto is the perfect way to make it happen.
One main argument against Universal Basic Income is that it would be way too expensive to implement, through these projects society does not have to burden the costs for this through taxes.

The amounts you receive with Manna for example are pretty low atm, at least for people who live in first world countries, but I hope it will scale in the future. It might be worth it for people in poorer countries, for them every extra dollar they can receive per day/week counts.
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
As long as others are willing to trade for these coins they should be interesting ones to keep an eye on. Simply to see where are they heading. I myself like the idea of basic income, because in future machines will take most of our jobs and then people will have to have basic income, this is really good to see in crypto space, first time I am exposed to such thing and that I personally hear about it in crypto world. Thanks for sharing! Will go through these projects, sound interesting now.
legendary
These are all excellent initiatives, but it may be difficult to put them into practice as the coin or token economics need an incentive for the developers of the system and that is more difficult in these cases.

I think that most of these projects have other uses than just being a basic income. Most of these projects are run by philanthropists, so they have some form of investment to pay developers, I would assume.

Only 2 of all these projects are actually listed on Coinmarketcap, so it's kinda difficult to say how most of these initiatives will get valued in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
These are all excellent initiatives, but it may be difficult to put them into practice as the coin or token economics need an incentive for the developers of the system and that is more difficult in these cases.
Activity: 203
Merit: 11
This is a great and a very specific summary of projects. I can not not do the mosts dawn.
legendary
I've added Purpose/Dubi to the list and also added a link to the whitepaper/equivalent.
Coinmarketcap page was added where applicable.

This is an excellent resource people. UBI in my opinion is what the world needs, there is a lot of disdain on the subject but you've really got nothing to lose here by giving it a shot and learning about it. Essentially it will help a huge problem with low income third world countries the most, in my opinion. Some people work for very little and even if they get x amount of dollars (usd value) each time they receive  their UBI, 5 usd goes a LONG way in some countries.

As for all the resources I haven't even heard of like over half of these and I've been with manna (grantcoin) for a long time now. And I've had swift since almost release. I appreciate you showing us all of these.

Yeah I really believe that UBI is something that the world is going to need very soon, but I agree that it's quite a heated topic with lots of opponents.
Manna is also my most favourite project, since they are the furthest along IMO. Most of these other projects don't even have a coin listed on exchanges.
Activity: 274
Merit: 13
This is an excellent resource people. UBI in my opinion is what the world needs, there is a lot of disdain on the subject but you've really got nothing to lose here by giving it a shot and learning about it. Essentially it will help a huge problem with low income third world countries the most, in my opinion. Some people work for very little and even if they get x amount of dollars (usd value) each time they receive  their UBI, 5 usd goes a LONG way in some countries.

As for all the resources I haven't even heard of like over half of these and I've been with manna (grantcoin) for a long time now. And I've had swift since almost release. I appreciate you showing us all of these.
legendary
Thanks for the nice comments Emma! I'm still planning on improving it, so if anyone has any suggestions which information I could add to the OP, please reply.
I'm currently thinking of adding a link to the whitepaper and Bitcointalk thread if applicable. Can't really think of anything else to add.

Maybe I'll try and update some of the descriptions, some of these projects don't really have much information on their website.
Pages:
Jump to: