Pages:
Author

Topic: Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2019 discussion - page 2. (Read 834 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
We'll get to see the finals of the tournament after 3 hours. I think that Gladiators are highly dependant on Shane Watson, Umar Akmal, and Ahmed Shahzad, while the Zalmis are counting on Kamran Akmal, Imam-ul-Haq, and Hassan Ali. I seriously hope that Sarfaraz wins this one, as:

The real issue with Quetta Gladiators is the loss of momentum at the time when the tournament is about to finish. They've been in the finals for a couple of times, but they face real difficulty in semi-finals and finals. Quetta Gladiators might win all of these (ten) matches, but if they're unable to win the finals, these wins will actually be totally useless. I personally would like to see Sarfaraz winning this league as it'll prove that he is the best option available (for captaincy) for the ICC World Cup 2019.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Final day of PSL.
Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi, the final match.

Quetta was my favourite team since I started to follow this years PSL and I was expecting them to win the tournament. This is their best chance and I hope they lift the trophy.

My money is in for Quetta.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
I will Pick Peshawar to be the winner as Quetta has a bad reputation of missing out in the big matches.
Peshwar Zalmi has better bowling attack then Quetta, on ther hand, Quetta has stronger batsman than Peshwar. It will be an interesting one. Both of the team are strong.
Quetta has beat Peshwar in all three matches in this tournament. So, I think Quetta will win this time too. Let's see what happen.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 866
~snip~

Karachi kings started very well in this Eliminator 1 and the later order batsmen were unable to take the advantage of the early good start. Islamabad is a much better composed team and they showed this in this match.
Eliminator 2 between Peshawar and Islamabad will be a thriller and i am not sure if you cannot predict 100% of who will win this one.
My pick is Peshawar Zalmi although the winner can be anyone. I would like to see the final between Peshawar Zalmi Vs Quetta Gladiators. From the starting my team was Quetta :-)

Peshawar Zalmi has won the 2nd eliminator and now they will be in the finals with Quetta (As you predicted Smiley)  The final will be really great as the two best teams will compete for this year PSL trophee.
I will Pick Peshawar to be the winner as Quetta has a bad reputation of missing out in the big matches.
legendary
~snip~

Karachi kings started very well in this Eliminator 1 and the later order batsmen were unable to take the advantage of the early good start. Islamabad is a much better composed team and they showed this in this match.
Eliminator 2 between Peshawar and Islamabad will be a thriller and i am not sure if you cannot predict 100% of who will win this one.
My pick is Peshawar Zalmi although the winner can be anyone. I would like to see the final between Peshawar Zalmi Vs Quetta Gladiators. From the starting my team was Quetta :-)
Eliminator 1

Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United and KKs are looking in good shape. Run rate is 11.37 after 8 overs. They won the toss and elected to bat first in this betting pitch.

Who is you pick? I go for Islamabad United although they need some wickets to come back to this match.

Kings lost - once again the same three teams in the second qualifiers and finals. The names "Karachi" and "Lahore" attract the crowd, not having any of these two teams at this stage of PSL yet again is actually a failure of PSL.

I hope Quetta wins this PSL - they usually reach the finals of the tournament but then lose in the very end.

legendary
~snip~

Kings lost - once again the same three teams in the second qualifiers and finals. The names "Karachi" and "Lahore" attract the crowd, not having any of these two teams at this stage of PSL yet again is actually a failure of PSL.

I hope Quetta wins this PSL - they usually reach the finals of the tournament but then lose in the very end.
I am supporting Quetta from the beginning, I hope you remember. I would be happy to see then to win the trophy. In the final I am going to back them up :-)
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Eliminator 1

Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United and KKs are looking in good shape. Run rate is 11.37 after 8 overs. They won the toss and elected to bat first in this betting pitch.

Who is you pick? I go for Islamabad United although they need some wickets to come back to this match.

legendary
Eliminator 1

legendary
~snip~

Peshawar Zalmi are near to 200 score and it will not be easy to karachi to chase this. The result of this match does not matter in the context of the tournament.  The knockout stage of the tournament will decide weather Quetta will be able to win this year PSL.
I hope Quetta wins the trophy. That's my team :-)

Anyway, Karachi Kings already lost 5 wickets to score 106 runs after 12 overs. 5 wickets in hand and 8 overs left. Too hard job for them.

When PSL started i wished for Lahore to win PSL final, but it is bad luck for Lahore team that they have potential to win it. Now i really dis-pointed about Lahore team, even i don't think so that today Lahore will win the match from Multan.
Today match is showing that Lahore is under pressure.
This is the first time I am following PSL so closely. I did not have much idea about any teams but after watching few matches I felt for QUETTA GLADIATORS. I think they will with the trophy this year.

Anyway, between Karachi Kings and Peshawar Zalmi today. I will go with Peshawar Zalmi to win. :-)

Peshawar Zalmi are near to 200 score and it will not be easy to karachi to chase this. The result of this match does not matter in the context of the tournament.  The knockout stage of the tournament will decide weather Quetta will be able to win this year PSL.
legendary

When PSL started i wished for Lahore to win PSL final, but it is bad luck for Lahore team that they have potential to win it. Now i really dis-pointed about Lahore team, even i don't think so that today Lahore will win the match from Multan.
This is the first time I am following PSL so closely. I did not have much idea about any teams but after watching few matches I felt for QUETTA GLADIATORS. I think they will with the trophy this year.

Anyway, between Karachi Kings and Peshawar Zalmi today. I will go with Peshawar Zalmi to win. :-)
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

After Multan, it seems today will be the end of Lahore also. Islamabad score a massive 238 making it impossible for Lahore to chase this huge total.
Although the boundary is small in Karachi stadium, yet the pressure of 238 will enough for Islamabad to secure their position in top 4.
I am hoping to see a singled sided game in 2nd half.
84 runs, 4 wickets gone after 8.3 overs.

This is what happen when you are under pressure with tons of runs to chase. 238 runs is a lot to chase. Unfortunate Lahore. This season was not good for them.

Well as expected, Lahore was defeated comprehensively in this match and they had no chance to chase the all time high total of PSL. Still Lahore has one last chance if Karachi lose today against Quetta and Lahore win in their last match against Multan. However i think it is very unlikely to happen.

Lahore is playing its last pool match with Multan today. Does Lahore have any outside chance of qualifying for the last four if they beat Multan in this match comprehensively ? 

Also Karachi will play later today their last match with Peshawar today, Karachi however grabbed a lucky win yesterday as they were able to defend 5 runs in the last over.

After Multan, it seems today will be the end of Lahore also. Islamabad score a massive 238 making it impossible for Lahore to chase this huge total.
Although the boundary is small in Karachi stadium, yet the pressure of 238 will enough for Islamabad to secure their position in top 4.

This is what happen when you are under pressure with tons of runs to chase. 238 runs is a lot to chase. Unfortunate Lahore. This season was not good for them.

Well as expected, Lahore was defeated comprehensively in this match and they had no chance to chase the all time high total of PSL. Still Lahore has one last chance if Karachi lose today against Quetta and Lahore win in their last match against Multan. However i think it is very unlikely to happen.

Lahore is playing its last pool match with Multan today. Does Lahore have any outside chance of qualifying for the last four if they beat Multan in this match comprehensively ? 

Also Karachi will play later today their last match with Peshawar today, Karachi however grabbed a lucky win yesterday as they were able to defend 5 runs in the last over.
legendary
~snip~

That's what we call a jam pack Sunday.  My Picks South Africa and India to be the winners from these. Although i do wish my team Aussie could play well against India but Aussie had a treble start in this game.   Angry
It is full packed LOL

Australia is not looking very good so far. They lost two wickets in under 5 overs and run is only 17 runs. They will need a very good partnership if they want to find something from this match. In modern cricket this is not impossible target by the way.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 105
Cricket world is full of matches today :-)
Afghanistan vs Ireland ODI
South Africa vs Sri Lanka ODI
India vs Australia ODI
West Indies vs England ODI
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Test Match

and
Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
My pick is Quetta for today.

That's what we call a jam pack Sunday.  My Picks South Africa and India to be the winners from these. Although i do wish my team Aussie could play well against India but Aussie had a treble start in this game.   Angry
legendary
Cricket world is full of matches today :-)
Afghanistan vs Ireland ODI
South Africa vs Sri Lanka ODI
India vs Australia ODI
West Indies vs England ODI
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Test Match

and
Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
My pick is Quetta for today.

legendary

My both prediction for yesterday was correct :-)

Multan sultans are finally out of the tournament. Their team did not play this tournament well although they had some very good players in their team.

I will blame Shoaib Malik for this. May be it's time for Multan sultans to find an aggressive captain to perform better in the next season.

Pages:
Jump to: