Pages:
Author

Topic: Panic loss me 10800$ , so patient is the key - page 24. (Read 3068 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
Dear Members

Recently I faced a bad luck. here the story

I got IOTX from GATE .io 28th of may 196000 @ .00004600 ETH.  Then after one or two hour i sold it to @ .00004800.

After 3 days means June 1st , one IOTX went to .00014ETH. 

if i sell June 1st  196000 * .00014 *590 = 16189$
Investment is = 5300$
so i have lost = 10800$

so in this story if i could wait 3 days , i have profit of 10000 USD. so in this case i am saying please be patient. wait wait. good coins always give a good reward to you

you should be happy at least you made some profit not loss.. i sold my 189000 STQ for 0.00000500 btc but now the price of 1 stq is 0.00001500 i am not at all sad that i didnt made the 0.3 btc because i am happy with my 0.1 btc
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"
I also made some crazy losses in the last time, but I buy more coins if I am in a loss. I really believe into my holdings and that's why I am still feeling good, even with a loss. Patience is the key!
Activity: 237
Merit: 10
Presale is live!
It’s vommon in any trading for avoiding this we should follow the news if any pump happening then there should be some reason if we find genuine resource and potentially based on that we can decide whether to hold long term or short term .
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

so in this story if i could wait 3 days , i have profit of 10000 USD. so in this case i am saying please be patient. wait wait. good coins always give a good reward to you

Your thinking is not correct because you didn't sell at loss and that is most important. You sold your coins at profit and moved your funds to other places means it was a good trade. After you sell your coins then you shouldn't worry about those coin prices because instead of going high and if it went down then what you will do? You will come up with another thread saying that I should have sold my coin three days back to make a profit.

Another thing what you could have done is instead of selling all coins at once, you might have sold some and kept some for future trade.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
Patience either give profit or loss both chances are there . I will tell example last December sold 300000 dent token for  1000$ -2000$ after month it’s price reached to 35000$. Same centra I was holding 2500 coins it’s price reached to 10000$ even I dint sell . Now it’s price 20$ huge loss .

yes we have to see the market always , too much hodl also bring loss. As you said centra coin also a prolem
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say; it's always tempting to look at the charts and think "if only i had sold (or bought) earlier (or later) i would have earned (or lost) X more (or less)" .. but in the moment there is just no way you could know, this is the game! Smiley

Mehdi
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Patience either give profit or loss both chances are there . I will tell example last December sold 300000 dent token for  1000$ -2000$ after month it’s price reached to 35000$. Same centra I was holding 2500 coins it’s price reached to 10000$ even I dint sell . Now it’s price 20$ huge loss .
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
situations like this are often faced by investors, experienced investors and novice investors must have experienced something like this, controlling the fear is very difficult, the fear of losses make us think quickly and immediately want to sell to avoid loss or reduce losses, keep calm in this situation we have to learn.
Activity: 72
Yes, everyone has encountered such a situation, so we need to accumulate experience in the investment, so when you just started entering this market, you can choose a small amount of investment, when you know enough about the market and then carry on a large amount investment.
Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good

I got IOTX from GATE .io 28th of may 196000 @ .00004600 ETH.  Then after one or two hour i sold it to @ .00004800.

So you are saying in the title you lost 10800 bucks! Are you serious? If you bought at 000046 and sold at 000048 you've made a profit.
People bought BTC when it was $1 and sold when it went up to $10. They are not whinging about that even if a few years later it went to $20000.
Come on, what kind of trader gambler are you? Do you understand how the market works?
you only make or lose money between the time you buy and sell. What happens next after you sell doesn't matter because you sold.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 144
Penguin Party 🐟
I personaly like xvg and trx, but everytime I get those two coins I have your luck i will buy xvg and hold it 2 or 3 monrhs,sell and pick up around 200 sats a piece, then buy trx, and just as soon as I place my buy for trx, xvg starts pumping, so I just hold trx, for a month or 2 to exchange for verge, and then trx immediately pump!!! After I buy verge!!!

It's a freaking nightmare!!!
Activity: 140
Cryptocurrency is always volatile, and I believe no one can predict future prices.

You've already made a profit in a short time, and you can get more if you want to believe in this coin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Actually you didn't lose anything, you just didn't win that money. We can never predict the future, so it was possible that the price could have gone the other way around, and you would have made a loss.
Just for next time, try to don't sell so fast if you believe in a project.
Activity: 196
Yeah,  holding good project is good,  but there are certain coins I'm holding with good prospects, but uptil now they keep dipping,  i pray they pump one day
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Dear Members

I got IOTX from GATE .io 28th of may 196000 @ .00004600 ETH.  Then after one or two hour i sold it to @ .00004800.

if i sell June 1st  196000 * .00014 *590 = 16189$
Investment is = 5300$
so i have lost = 10800$

When you sold before the price of that coin gets pumped you cant say that you have loss because you already made a profit the time that you sold it. It is just that you missed the opportunity to earn more but it cannot be considered as a loss. You can only say that you have loss your money if you sold your coins cheaper than the amount you paid for it. I wonder what will be your reaction if what happened after you sold is that coin gets dumped. Im sure youre very proud of yourself that you sold after the price goes down.
Activity: 798
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
Dear Members

I got IOTX from GATE .io 28th of may 196000 @ .00004600 ETH.  Then after one or two hour i sold it to @ .00004800.

if i sell June 1st  196000 * .00014 *590 = 16189$
Investment is = 5300$
so i have lost = 10800$

IMO,patience is the main thing for long-term investors but for day traders, the target is the main thing
are you a daily trader? do you have a target price to sell it? if 0.00004800 ETH is your target price it means you have successfully hit the target and loss of profit is a normal thing, so! make it as motivation to analyze more mature
[/quot

i am long hodler. these days some times do day trading. apparently i dont like day trading. 
Activity: 124
I have been a victim  of this before and i had learnt from my mistakes long time ago when i loose almost $1000 just because of my personal fears, though this is a lesson to you as i have learnt my own lesson long time ago. Nothing rewarding like holding and waiting patiently to see the market cap growing.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
Yes that is the very much well know fact. It could have been easier for you to make the profits if you had some more patience. You are not the first guy who has posted something like this but there had been many who complained that wish they would have taken some more patience in the count to have profits. This is what happened last year when most of the people were angry as they did not hold the bitcoin until December when the prices were ouching the sky!

Thats a good lesson for you now and here on wards you should be checking out the market movements with all the precautions otherwise it can be disturbing again and again and could lead to demotivation.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
would you have created this same topic if a different scenario which is also the common one happened?
The answer to your question is obvious. Of course, OP here would not open a thread if he got super lucky by selling it when IOTX was @ 0.00004800 ETH the other day when it got down today(unless he is one of those people that post their trades thinking it is a good and debatable topic in a thread).
Stop whining about it and move on. IMO you made a good decision to sell that shitcoin early because you could have had lost if it had gone sideways instead(since you have gained profit from it, I would not consider it a loss if I were you).
Activity: 448
just being patient can help you get out of the loss zone
never panic when prices are unstable
cryptocurrency always sided with its patient and patient users
Pages:
Jump to: