Pages:
Author

Topic: [PAUSED] .10 btc 32-37gh 40-50 Wts Rockminer R-BOX. ASICMiner Gen 3 chip - page 4. (Read 17525 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
Order placed and received. I even got the free PSUs.

Awesome job as always Canary.
You're welcome!

wow, the btc is all over the map today... anyway, it would cost you about $58.50 to buy .1btc on coinbase right now Smiley that's CHEAP!!
The US gov. seems to be getting ready to auction off the silk road BTC.

Yep! 3000BTC at a time! (except the very last bunch of coin a tad less than 3k)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

You're welcome!

wow, the btc is all over the map today... anyway, it would cost you about $58.50 to buy .1btc on coinbase right now Smiley that's CHEAP!!
The US gov. seems to be getting ready to auction off the silk road BTC.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!

You're welcome!

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

donator
With the drop in exchange rate $625/1 btc, the price for 1 unit is $62 dollars.
You can spend your btc, turn around and replenish same amount on coinbase.
Or just spend dollars on coinbase to acquire btc and use them to order rboxes.
Best deal this way.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Any word on when the Gen3 cubes will be available?
Dare to dream they make upgrade kits available that will fit the current Gen1 cubes...

Do what!?  Shocked

There was some talk about trying to do that in this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-open-source-block-erupter-project-641957

*EDIT*  Here:
It's not the cube.

When we release source of BE100 based cubes there might be some contributors who can do BE200 based cubes for us.
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
Dare to dream they make upgrade kits available that will fit the current Gen1 cubes...

Do what!?  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
donator
Single r-box received. Shipped from USA to regional Australia in ~5 working days.

From out of the box to mining in about 25 mins. Updated cgminer, changed drivers and mining began. Combine Canary's price with Dogie's guide and you cannot go wrong.

Excellent product and service all round!
That's awesome news on getting there quick!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I am waiting for the x-box..

I have 6 r-box units they are very nice.

Please let us know when you will take an order for the x-box.
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
Single r-box received. Shipped from USA to regional Australia in ~5 working days.

From out of the box to mining in about 25 mins. Updated cgminer, changed drivers and mining began. Combine Canary's price with Dogie's guide and you cannot go wrong.

Excellent product and service all round!
donator
Thanks received order from this weekend!  Very much appriciated.  Will be back for more shortly!
you're welcome! anytime... Smiley
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
Thanks received order from this weekend!  Very much appriciated.  Will be back for more shortly!
donator
heading out to USPS to drop off orders up to now.
donator
Bfgminer support has been added:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7245884

Setup is simpler now, no need for the ziadiag driver replacement step
donator
Anyone figure out a frequency higher then 290 that works?  These units seem like they can OC higher Grin
Not a good idea at this time... It's reportedly confusing the miner.  Could be how firmware handles higher frequencies
Activity: 839
Merit: 608
sf2
Activity: 273
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
been messing around with rboxes... got 5 powered via the breakout board, then for the rest, I took the PCI-E 6 connectors for gridseeds
(from here: http://buyahash.com/shop/pci-e-6-pin-3-gridseed-power-plug-2-1mm-dc-barrel-plug/),

cutoff the 2.1mm barrel connectors and soldered on the 2.5mm barrel connectors that come with each r-box.

using platimax 1200 PSU, powered up 17 rboxes using 771 watts. 21 watts idle, so (771-21)/17 = ~44 watts each. running at almost 35 Gh/s each, freq=290

waiting for that cool 3d printed case for the BA

they run quiet.

bfgminer coming up to bat soon. Smiley

edit:  I think using that pci-e 6 pin to 3 barrels is the most cost effective solution.  you probably have a psu already running something that has a spare pcie 6 connector, so powering up 3 rboxes is a no brainer and is THE simplest solution.  alternatively, if you have no available pcie6 connector on a PSU that is already on and running I bet you have a spare PSU.  the good ole paperclip solution + the pcie6 to 3 barrel connector is again most efficient and cost effective.  buyahash will make available 2.5mm barel connectors on the pcie6 connector soon if you don't want to modify gridseed plugs yourself.  it is fun however.

yeah the break out box is good if you want to run 6 to 10.

If you want cables-pcie I am having cablez make 2 sets for me each can run  3 r-boxes.. When all gear comes to me I will show six run with the break out box and 6 run with the pcie adapters

thread link for the new adapters
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7234870

my goal is to resell these in 3 packs on ebay.  what I want to be able to do is point new miners to a pool like bitminter.

I am hoping I can talk the good doc h into setting up a secondary pool  for solo mining.
 then tell people use 2 for normal pool mining and 1 for solo mining.

The current math for a month of mining with one of these doing solo is about a 1 in 610 chance to win a block.

by the end of the month it will drop to about 1 in 1220.

amazing if you pull out the startup price of 210 bucks for 3  and only figure  your power cost  at 15 cents a kwatt  it cost you about 14.60 usd a month to run this.

the math is not too bad…..   you are far better off buying 3 of these  mining with 2 at a normal pool and 1 at  solo    then buying any usa 3 digits number
donator
been messing around with rboxes... got 5 powered via the breakout board, then for the rest, I took the PCI-E 6 connectors for gridseeds
(from here: http://buyahash.com/shop/pci-e-6-pin-3-gridseed-power-plug-2-1mm-dc-barrel-plug/),

cutoff the 2.1mm barrel connectors and soldered on the 2.5mm barrel connectors that come with each r-box.

using platimax 1200 PSU, powered up 17 rboxes using 771 watts. 21 watts idle, so (771-21)/17 = ~44 watts each. running at almost 35 Gh/s each, freq=290

waiting for that cool 3d printed case for the BA

they run quiet.

bfgminer coming up to bat soon. Smiley

edit:  I think using that pci-e 6 pin to 3 barrels is the most cost effective solution.  you probably have a psu already running something that has a spare pcie 6 connector, so powering up 3 rboxes is a no brainer and is THE simplest solution.  alternatively, if you have no available pcie6 connector on a PSU that is already on and running I bet you have a spare PSU.  the good ole paperclip solution + the pcie6 to 3 barrel connector is again most efficient and cost effective.  buyahash will make available 2.5mm barel connectors on the pcie6 connector soon if you don't want to modify gridseed plugs yourself.  it is fun however.
Pages:
Jump to: