Pages:
Author

Topic: [PAUSED] .10 btc 32-37gh 40-50 Wts Rockminer R-BOX. ASICMiner Gen 3 chip - page 8. (Read 17525 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 102
Some news about X-Box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdk2dmNcyPI

Vidz shows 4x3x4 = 48 chips AM3 per miner so approx 400GH/s. Then miner screen shows 750GH/s for 2 miners, gives apprx 375GH/s , but some chips are missing on one board.
This would indicate around 400GH/s per X-Box. Power drawn should be around 460W at wall.

They're not as silent as R-box, but they're more powerful  Tongue

The last unknown is the price. For now, I have the feeling, about the timeline, it would be ready soon (2 or 3 weeks).
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Finally!  The best seller on here is selling again!
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Overnight orders have shipped. Thanks!
Activity: 145
Merit: 102
same power tip from what i read.

my question is will there be a blade with these say 300-400gh?

i grabbed hundreds of am sticks from you last year. a few am blades.

I am looking for s-1 replacements  so a 300 to 400gh blade would be nice.
RockMiner will be coming out with a blade-like product soon.  Hopefully by end of June, but I don't have official time frames and you shouldn't take my word as such.
The R-BOX product should not be compared to blade systems etc...
this is a consumer product.  introduce someone to Bitcoin/mining, gift it etc... etc...

Yes, there will be a bigger miner "X-box" :

Source

It is not strictly speaking a blade, this is dedicated for home miner like RBox. Unlike a blade this is not really fitted to have a lot and stack them, it is more a plug and play miner.

It is in design stage, it could be ready in a month if everything is OK.
specification expected (very speculative, not official)
300 - 400 GH/s
350 - 450 W @wall
400 - 600 USD

We will have more precise figures in the future. For now, this is a rough idea of the system and like CanaryInTheMine said, don't use my word.

donator
Today's shipments have been dropped of at USPS Smiley
donator
an order of 10 units is at .14 btc each.  slightly over 9% off.
donator
donator
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Dock.io
Put me down for one. Sending PM
donator
Very nice!  Wish I had a few spare satoshi's around to pick a few up.

To those considering purchasing, CanaryInTheMine has been 100% solid in all my dealings with him!  Hash on people!! Smiley
There's always coinbase Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Very nice!  Wish I had a few spare satoshi's around to pick a few up.

To those considering purchasing, CanaryInTheMine has been 100% solid in all my dealings with him!  Hash on people!! Smiley
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net

I found this approach to be most efficient on windows:
1. download current cgminer from: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/ unzip into a separate folder somewhere.
2. next, unzip and move the contents of the cgminer-win0.3.1.zip (from rockminer) into the folder from step 1.  This will move and replace up to 17 files and will overwrite the standard cgminer distribution.  Now you have a cgminer version that will work with r-box.
3. run cgminer and hash.

Will the modified cgminer still be able to run other devices (i.e., antminer U1/U2s), or should it be run as a separate instance?

You can run other devices.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Just mining my own business...

I found this approach to be most efficient on windows:
1. download current cgminer from: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/ unzip into a separate folder somewhere.
2. next, unzip and move the contents of the cgminer-win0.3.1.zip (from rockminer) into the folder from step 1.  This will move and replace up to 17 files and will overwrite the standard cgminer distribution.  Now you have a cgminer version that will work with r-box.
3. run cgminer and hash.

Will the modified cgminer still be able to run other devices (i.e., antminer U1/U2s), or should it be run as a separate instance?
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'

RockMiner will be coming out with a blade-like product soon.  Hopefully by end of June, but I don't have official time frames and you shouldn't take my word as such.
this is a consumer product.  introduce someone to Bitcoin/mining, gift it etc... etc...

Yeah  I sold a lot of your sticks on ebay last year .. I got a lot of people started in the game.
donator

donator
Asked via PM as well: Do these use 2.1mm DC barrel plugs - the same as the Gridseed Scrypt ASICs?
replied Smiley
donator
Don't think I have any faith in ASICMiner anymore after the cube.  I've bought multiple batches of 8 from you, and on the last batch I bought one was pretty much scratched up and not functional (http://imgur.com/5gZzFqh) but since it was your last batch and you have no replacement inventory I ask for refund on that one cube in which you responded with ship the damaged parts and you will replace it .. I did and then nothing.  So I've been stuck with the .39 BTC metal box.
Good to hear from you! your replacements were shipped to you a Long time ago.  I never heard back from you so I assumed you had received them... If you need to contact me you can PM or email me.  this thread is for R-BOX miners.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Don't think I have any faith in ASICMiner anymore after the cube.  I've bought multiple batches of 8 from you, and on the last batch I bought one was pretty much scratched up and not functional (http://imgur.com/5gZzFqh) but since it was your last batch and you have no replacement inventory I ask for refund on that one cube in which you responded with ship the damaged parts and you will replace it .. I did and then nothing.  So I've been stuck with the .39 BTC metal box.

You got a miner shipped to you, and I assume it was on time.  That makes AM and Canary better then what... 75% of mining companies right off the bat?  Canary has always been amazing from what I have seen.

+1 - Canary has been solid for me.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
Asked via PM as well: Do these use 2.1mm DC barrel plugs - the same as the Gridseed Scrypt ASICs?

2.5mm
Activity: 644
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

You got a miner shipped to you, and I assume it was on time.  That makes AM and Canary better then what... 75% of mining companies right off the bat?  Canary has always been amazing from what I have seen.
Pages:
Jump to: