Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 79. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Did you actually use zhoutong's 100 point system Huh
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Sorry about the above. It was a slip up by me. Tihan is correct.

30 May 23:30: We're going to proceed with payouts of the few people we have verified hopefully tomorrow for 80% of their claims (the remaining 20% will be refunded later). A more lengthy process will be applied to everyone else.

Transparency is not your strong side. Why a few people (how they got verified, by claim form ?).

We want to know rules!!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

30 May 23:30: We're going to proceed with payouts of the few people we have verified hopefully tomorrow for 80% of their claims (the remaining 20% will be refunded later). A more lengthy process will be applied to everyone else.

And how were they verified?  Were they given preferential treatment?  I am sure all of us would love to find out how to become one of the few verified individuals. 

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

EDIT: I was under the impression he was acting strictly on behalf of the decision makers due to our conversations and the decisions that have been made thus far. I will confirm that we indeed have the ability to make this decision regarding the claims.
donator
Activity: 18
30 May 01:52: Consensus seems to have been reached. Waiting for final confirmation from Tihan to move ahead so we can work out the actual payout implementation specifics.

As a rep for the limited partner, I don't have a vote in this process. I do hope my input has been helpful, but the decision on how to proceed belongs to Donald, Patrick and Amir alone. I'm happy to hear they'll soon be ready.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I only have USD in my account. Mtgox code is good with me. If needed, I can supply the mtgox code that I used to fund my account. I also have the emails of the few small withdrawals I made in BTC.

Same situation here.
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
I can provide anything you want: Mails, ID, deposit numbers, withdrawal numbers.
Just please help me out. The wait is killing me.
Activity: 26
I only have USD in my account. Mtgox code is good with me. If needed, I can supply the mtgox code that I used to fund my account. I also have the emails of the few small withdrawals I made in BTC.
Activity: 431
Merit: 251
for what it is worth mtgox code would be great for me to get my funds. thank you

same here, thats what I requested right after I filed my claims aha

+1 here
legendary
Activity: 1428
i just want bitcoins...
they could just take my usd and convert it to btc.

but lets see... maybe we all have intersango accounts now Wink
donator
Activity: 452
Merit: 252
for what it is worth mtgox code would be great for me to get my funds. thank you

same here, thats what I requested right after I filed my claims aha
Activity: 119
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
30 May 01:52: Consensus seems to have been reached. Waiting for final confirmation from Tihan to move ahead so we can work out the actual payout implementation specifics.

01:57: Finally some life signs!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
30 May 01:52: Consensus seems to have been reached. Waiting for final confirmation to move ahead so we can work out the actual payout implementation specifics.
Activity: 658
It's still hard to imagine that any competent company didn't have an offline backup. Even if a encrypted copy of a db were shoved to a FTP or Dropbox or carbonite or skydive or any number of free hosts. it's just good business sense for any real business to do backups to another location. It's basic IT principles. General fail all around here.
Activity: 63
Bitcoins Gold Silver
In my case I had no open positions at all. Just some bitcoins I was hoping would earn interest. I know the exact amount that was sitting there. Surely there are cases like this where there is no need for much delay?

When the refund happens will they ask me for a bitcoin address to return the funds to or how will that work?

legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
I put in the basic claim based on my vague memory of what I had in there - I was waiting for something more. An email or something.

Same here, haven't seen any response to indicate that the claim was received and / or status.

I'm hoping that any announcements posted on the forum would also be sent out to the e-mail addresses from the claims.

as their rackspace was sideways hacked by resetting the password for admin via email, I'd assume they would be somewhat scared of using their old email accounts for verification or mailing lists, but then I guess the damage is done already isn't it?

It doesn't take very much to migrate an email address to a new server, just a single change in DNS.
donator
Activity: 452
Merit: 252
I put in the basic claim based on my vague memory of what I had in there - I was waiting for something more. An email or something.

Same here, haven't seen any response to indicate that the claim was received and / or status.

I'm hoping that any announcements posted on the forum would also be sent out to the e-mail addresses from the claims.

as their rackspace was sideways hacked by resetting the password for admin via email, I'd assume they would be somewhat scared of using their old email accounts for verification or mailing lists, but then I guess the damage is done already isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

Activity: 616
Merit: 502
it is necessary or not to send to the [email protected] notification of the мтгoкc? or (I have to write [email protected] information confirming my account \ translations?)  is it safe? please comment on officials

I would actually email [email protected] and ask them.
and if it is under threat? Hacker answered "yes, of course"  Grin and get my money later...
Pages:
Jump to: