Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 80. (Read 156693 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
How is he going to know who's money is who's if there's no backups?

I don't have any money there myself but I would suggest having a poll to decide which charity all the money should be donated to.

Great idea. Send me my 101 Bitcoins and then let them donate the money,ok?  It's only pocket change to you I'm sure. PM me for my BTC address. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
it is necessary or not to send to the [email protected] notification of the мтгoкc? or (I have to write [email protected] information confirming my account \ translations?)  is it safe? please comment on officials

I would actually email [email protected] and ask them.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
it is necessary or not to send to the [email protected] notification of the MtGOX? or (I have to write [email protected] information confirming my account \ translations?)  is it safe? please comment on officials
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

I don't have any money there myself but I would suggest having a poll to decide which charity all the money should be donated to.

I'll be announcing a great new charity soon!
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
OMG!! Thats MY monney you wanne donate! Never ever!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Can somebody from Bitcoinica Please tell us what's going on now? Thanks, much appreciated.
legendary
Well, this must be another speculation thread then?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
I was deliberately vague. It isn't which payment system to use, but which method of selecting payees (people to be paid) to ensure accurate or fast delivery (it is a bit of a sliding scale). Maybe I can post more specifics, but I want to ask first in case I somehow jeopardise the prospect of a speedy recovery for everyone. Also I'd want to make sure what I write is correct.

Why not just start paying out the claims that are most certain and gradually work towards those that are harder to verify? I'd feel happier if I knew some people were getting their USD and/or BTC returned, would be nice to see a bit of movement happening, I think people would be a bit more relaxed if the queue was moving.

+1, it would be nice to see a little bit more transparency for the payout process. I also would like to know the liquidation price for the long and short position and the policy for the interest swap.

Zhou stated before that positions will be liquidated at 4.94 / 4.98. Not sure if that was an official statement though.
It was not. It's likely, though, with how stable we've been that the positions will be liquidated at about 4.94 / 5.15. But we'll see.
Activity: 607
I was deliberately vague. It isn't which payment system to use, but which method of selecting payees (people to be paid) to ensure accurate or fast delivery (it is a bit of a sliding scale). Maybe I can post more specifics, but I want to ask first in case I somehow jeopardise the prospect of a speedy recovery for everyone. Also I'd want to make sure what I write is correct.

Why not just start paying out the claims that are most certain and gradually work towards those that are harder to verify? I'd feel happier if I knew some people were getting their USD and/or BTC returned, would be nice to see a bit of movement happening, I think people would be a bit more relaxed if the queue was moving.

+1, it would be nice to see a little bit more transparency for the payout process. I also would like to know the liquidation price for the long and short position and the policy for the interest swap.

Zhou stated before that positions will be liquidated at 4.94 / 4.98. Not sure if that was an official statement though.
donator
Activity: 229
Merit: 106

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Bitcoins Gold Silver

donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Trying to enforce a one-true-exchange, MtGox, is radically anti-bitcoin.

Hopefully the guys from Intersango will understand this, for obvious reasons.

People who identify themselves as users of WHATEVER exchange should be able to redeem through THAT exchange.

They run their own exchange, I suspect they'll understand. Wink

Thus, obvious reasons. I'm a customer.

Activity: 560
Ad astra.

People who identify themselves as users of WHATEVER exchange should be able to redeem through THAT exchange.

They run their own exchange, I suspect they'll understand. Wink
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Activity: 560
Ad astra.
As long as we haven't heard of ANYONE getting back anything at all I don't think this is the place to commend genjix. Given the fact they probably owe tens of thousdands of dollars basic communication from Intersango is just the same as it was two weeks ago: subterrestrial. As long as this won't change I will work against them as much as I can.

What will that do? Unless you allege they do not intend to pay funds to users, why will you "work against them"?
legendary
As long as we haven't heard of ANYONE getting back anything at all I don't think this is the place to commend genjix. Given the fact they probably owe tens of thousdands of dollars basic communication from Intersango is just the same as it was two weeks ago: subterrestrial. As long as this won't change I will work against them as much as I can.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
You don't have to pay back everything at once. If you are fairly certain of a lower range of what could have been in everybody's accounts, pay that out ASAP, and figure out the more fine-grained details later.

Good point, Maged! That way the community will see that there's some progress happening, thus giving others hope that everything will work out for the best. Starting this thread was a major first step, genjix. I'm truly wish you success.

~Bruno~
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
You don't have to pay back everything at once. If you are fairly certain of a lower range of what could have been in everybody's accounts, pay that out ASAP, and figure out the more fine-grained details later.

+1

It sucks having loads of BTC sitting there, doing nothing Sad
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Pages:
Jump to: