Pages:
Author

Topic: PBmining - legit? - page 12. (Read 67909 times)

Activity: 485
Merit: 274
July 17, 2014, 04:41:49 AM
I've dealt with pbmining in the past and I have to say it is legit and run by a stand up guy. Basically all he does is successfully predict future winners more often than most and splits the profit between all hash holders. If he didn;t have such a long and prosperous track record, I'd say it was all luck but in this case it seems more like a guy that really understands the game. From personal experience I can say with all honesty that I have no complaints about pbmining and have always been impressed by their service.

Can you elaborate?  He only mines selective blocks? 
July 17, 2014, 04:39:02 AM
I'm member #36!!  Been getting paid every Sunday since January!!
PB used to sell hardware in 2013...excellent reviews on ebay WAY b4 they got into the cloud mining biz.

I'm not sure how you broke even in the time period you quoted before.  All the calculators I've used show a 7-12 month break even (using about 15% diff increase and .003btc /ghs cost today)
Please elaborate if you don't mind. Thx.

I'm having a hard time seeing how you actually do break even unless you get lucky with low diff increases and the price of BTC goes up.

At the end of May i blew 0.3 Btc on 60 Ghz.  As of this coming weekend, I will have got roughly half of that back.  That is around 2 months and it is Btc in my wallet.  As difficulty goes up and payments go down I expecting the other half to take 4 months. 
Activity: 213
Merit: 0
July 17, 2014, 01:06:30 AM
do u have a link to his ebay account, i know he is not selling to anybody on ebay now but i want to read som of his feed back

There you go: http://ebay.com/usr/pbmining

Regards
Thank you for the link, as a investor i like to be part of new coins.
pbmining seems legit to me.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
July 17, 2014, 01:04:20 AM
do u have a link to his ebay account, i know he is not selling to anybody on ebay now but i want to read som of his feed back

There you go: http://ebay.com/usr/pbmining

Regards
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
July 17, 2014, 01:03:38 AM
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
July 16, 2014, 11:57:01 PM
I'm member #36!!  Been getting paid every Sunday since January!!
PB used to sell hardware in 2013...excellent reviews on ebay WAY b4 they got into the cloud mining biz.
Hope you realize that the eBay account was (what I assume to be) a single man operation last year. It was run under the name "SaskatoonRoxy". You can see this from one of the reviews, it says "Happy to deal with SaskatoonRoxy. Good value."

So a year ago I assume it was just his personal eBay account. Now he's changed the username to PBMining, that's the only thing that changed.  Wink
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
July 16, 2014, 07:17:08 PM
I've dealt with pbmining in the past and I have to say it is legit and run by a stand up guy. Basically all he does is successfully predict future winners more often than most and splits the profit between all hash holders. If he didn;t have such a long and prosperous track record, I'd say it was all luck but in this case it seems more like a guy that really understands the game. From personal experience I can say with all honesty that I have no complaints about pbmining and have always been impressed by their service.

He may have been legit at one point, I don't see how it can be true anymore.   The math doesn't work, even if he gets the hardware for free, the power for 5 years costs more than the contract price. 
Activity: 252
July 16, 2014, 07:06:52 PM
At the current buy price it would take over 100 days to break even if and only IF the following is true.
During the entire 100 days there is absolutely no increase in difficulty. With steady 15-20% increases I don't think you would ever see an ROI.  I have a hard time buying what you're selling.

Activity: 25
July 16, 2014, 05:58:26 PM
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
July 16, 2014, 04:01:42 PM
Obviously he broke even by pimping the referral link around in his signature, because it costs him nothing and he gets free hash when people sign up.

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 16, 2014, 03:13:55 PM

I'm not sure how you broke even in the time period you quoted before.  All the calculators I've used show a 7-12 month break even (using about 15% diff increase and .003btc /ghs cost today)

I'm having a hard time seeing how you actually do break even unless you get lucky with low diff increases and the price of BTC goes up.
Activity: 6
July 16, 2014, 02:01:12 PM

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 16, 2014, 10:55:02 AM
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
July 16, 2014, 09:41:16 AM
Will we ever know if it is legit or not?  Probably not-unless they close the website obviously....Who knows what is going to happen.
July 16, 2014, 08:48:44 AM
From page 41 of the official thread.

I should also add that we have had seen numerous attempts at extortion, especially when we started showing "some" transparency such as posting our business registration.  Threats were also injected directly into our database via SQL from attackers back in January, as our earliest customers will remember.  Not to mention we have received some odd phone calls which hit a little "too close to home".  For PB Mining to survive, we are not going to take unnecessary risks.  And trust me, in this industry, transparency = risk.  We would rather see only 20% of our potential with sales and survive long and prosperously, than to risk damaging what we have.  For this reason, I tell everybody "If you are not satisfied with the lack of information, please don't invest".

Eventually when we have much stronger security (which is also the reason for our new upcoming site), and certain terms in our sales agreements have been lifted, things will be a lot more different.  We thank all of our customers who have shown us a high level of trust and we will strive to not let anyone down.  PB Mining is here to stay.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
July 16, 2014, 12:41:57 AM
Hello,

I broke even last week and was able to sell my account with 1.076 GH/s for 3 BTC. So over a time of close to 4 months, I made a profit of around 40 per cent (30 per cent increase in number of BTCs, 10 per cent BTC going up during that time).

Now I am done with it. Still not sure whether they are legit or not, but I do not care anymore. For me it worked just fine and all the nay-sayers were wrong. Period.
Activity: 968
July 15, 2014, 06:41:40 PM
it could be hes  doing the virtual mining  thing  similiar to    havelock's  b mine and b sell,  where ur just really specalating on btc diffuculty, except u can short on havelock.   since u cant short on pbpluming  , hes playing the short position. so  if there are high diff changes house wins  and  low diff  investors win. but the problem with this is ,if he doesnt like what he sees , the guy can just fold up right away and cash out.
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
July 15, 2014, 05:10:34 PM
Their business model is that they are counting on diff to rais enough to eat your investment before it can pay for iteself. They are probably not mining (i cant proove it) but only returning parts of BTC you initialy payed em. Basicly returning you your own BTC and keeping small part for themselves.
As diff rises you will get payed less and less untill you get payed 0 BTC a week (and so on for next 5 years). Only thing that can screw em it diff not raising for longer periods of time...when that happens, they will pull the plug and run with whatever they have in that moment (well..they "will be hacked"  Cool like many before).
that does make a lot of sense
July 15, 2014, 12:15:14 PM
Just reading the offical PBMining thread for some background.  Up to page 14 of 172?!?!  They state https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418183.120
that you don't actually do any mining with your GHz and they post the formula for working out your payment. 

Halfway down https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418183.180 they say "We need to be careful that we are not violating their sales agreement by reselling hash power for non-personal use.".  That implies they are not mining themselves either. 

Doesn't sound like we are cloud mining, but just getting paid a share of the profits of a company that is itself using a 3rd party mining company.  It would explain why they are not showing pictures of all their hardware.  They don't have any.

I remember reading somewhere that they had had personal threats made against them.  That and the threat of getting hacked, I would probably keep schtum. 

Activity: 1
July 15, 2014, 08:03:08 AM
PB Mining is EXCELLENT!!  I have been a member for almost 30 days and 2 weeks from breaking even on my investment.  I'm customer #36

PB pays every Sunday with excellent customer service.  They are vetted on Ebay with a 97% approval rating. They only recently got into the cloud mining business after successfully selling mining equipment for about a year.

I have made good $$ cloud mining, don't let the ignorant posters in these forums scare you off by screaming "scam" to every program.  Do your homework, PM members like myself to verify and then make your own personal decision.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
YAAAAA........ PBMINING ITS GOOD AND BEST MINING
NO SCAM NO SCAM NO SCAM......... ^_^
Pages:
Jump to: