Pages:
Author

Topic: PBmining - legit? - page 23. (Read 67909 times)

Activity: 327
Merit: 250
May 27, 2014, 02:33:20 AM
Has been 5 days now since I paid 0.6 Bitcoin to Pbmining - they didnt set up the mining for me - the money is just gone. Support e-mails: unanswered for 5 days now. Go figure! Its a SCAM.pbmining is a scam and I will spread this until I got my money back or the mining installed.

post your transaction #  [blockchain data].
pb hasnt failed any customer, yet.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 26, 2014, 04:26:26 PM
Heres a better idea. Those that are thinking of investing into pbmining, send whatever you are going to invest into them, send your coins to this address  1FpL1PqQ7Wh5ug5SfcBRqtgPqedWKMkcWE Ill send you half the coins you sent to this address, this way you will at least recoup 1/2 your investment. No, I wont pay interest on it..

Dont forget, send it here

1FpL1PqQ7Wh5ug5SfcBRqtgPqedWKMkcWE

You will be ahead by 50 percent....

Edit: Just checked out their Ebay feedback and at least 30 of the 106 were from selling contracts and before that it was about a year since they sold a few small miners. This is such an obvious scam...

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Cloud Mining & Colocation
May 25, 2014, 02:42:28 PM
For Mr. Piggles this is kind of cannibalism
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
May 25, 2014, 02:23:58 PM
It's not easy to run a fake ebay account they must have used Paypal also so surely that makes it a piss easy job for the authorities when they run out of new money to hand out as returns.

It's quite easy to have a fake Ebay account.  Scammers proliferate on Ebay, especially back when they were selling preorders for Bitcoins that Ebay had to shut down the activity due to all the complaints.  Paypal would be more difficult but there is no proof they have a Paypal account. 

Also, I'm not sure Mr. Piggles if you actually have the information you are saying you do or not.  Since you're not going to show it to anyone until AFTER they split town, it would be unfortunate to find out that what you have is wrong.
Activity: 294
May 25, 2014, 12:55:06 PM
Considering the amount of money invested and the number of people involved, I would think that folks should actively try and track down who is behind this now while they are still on the radar.  Because once they do vanish, threads like this will be filled with folks asking how to get ahold of them.  And there is just one foreign Ebay account to work through, which is likely a dead-end.  

Nah they fucked up. I have the doxx on PBMining. I would publish it but I'd rather wait til all the PBMining disciples who called me asshole/scammer/jealous are desperate when their money disappears and beg me for it.....

I am the person who exposed one of the largest btc scammers to date..i've doxxed multiple scammers, I love doing it

I know who PBMining is. You can quote ths if you want.

They made a DPR style mistake....lol

Do you have proof it's a scam though?

I've ROI'd. Even if they disappeared I wouldn't be begging for the dox. But I'm curious.
Activity: 980
Merit: 256
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
May 25, 2014, 12:43:45 PM
Considering the amount of money invested and the number of people involved, I would think that folks should actively try and track down who is behind this now while they are still on the radar.  Because once they do vanish, threads like this will be filled with folks asking how to get ahold of them.  And there is just one foreign Ebay account to work through, which is likely a dead-end.  

Nah they fucked up. I have the doxx on PBMining. I would publish it but I'd rather wait til all the PBMining disciples who called me asshole/scammer/jealous are desperate when their money disappears and beg me for it.....

I am the person who exposed one of the largest btc scammers to date..i've doxxed multiple scammers, I love doing it

I know who PBMining is. You can quote ths if you want.

They made a DPR style mistake....lol

May 25, 2014, 12:25:46 PM
Considering the amount of money invested and the number of people involved, I would think that folks should actively try and track down who is behind this now while they are still on the radar.  Because once they do vanish, threads like this will be filled with folks asking how to get ahold of them.  And there is just one foreign Ebay account to work through, which is likely a dead-end. 

It's not easy to run a fake ebay account they must have used Paypal also so surely that makes it a piss easy job for the authorities when they run out of new money to hand out as returns.
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
May 25, 2014, 12:01:58 PM
Considering the amount of money invested and the number of people involved, I would think that folks should actively try and track down who is behind this now while they are still on the radar.  Because once they do vanish, threads like this will be filled with folks asking how to get ahold of them.  And there is just one foreign Ebay account to work through, which is likely a dead-end. 

Activity: 980
Merit: 256
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
May 25, 2014, 05:43:48 AM
I won't say they are not legit, but just think about things as these everytime you invest: Does 5 year look legit? (no), are the prices realistic? (no), do we have proof of theyr setup? (no).
Again, I won't say they are not legit, but I have my thoughs about it.

I'll say it. They're not legit. If they stopped taking orders today, there is no way they would be able to continue paying out for 5 more years. The numbers just do not add up. The only way thay can stay in business is to get new customers to pay the old ones.

You literally cannot convince some people they're not being scammed.

Funny story, I spotted a scammer on Silkroad, I posted on Reddit outlining the exact details of this scam he was pulling. Someone read my entire post outlining exactly what this scammer was up to and said "he has good feedback, I'm gonna risk it"

And of course that guy got scammed, but he actually decided to buy based on my pointing out that this guy was planning a scam.

tl:dr - People are fuckin retarded.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
May 25, 2014, 03:39:17 AM
I won't say they are not legit, but just think about things as these everytime you invest: Does 5 year look legit? (no), are the prices realistic? (no), do we have proof of theyr setup? (no).

I'll say it. They're not legit. If they stopped taking orders today, there is no way they would be able to continue paying out for 5 more years. The numbers just do not add up. The only way thay can stay in business is to get new customers to pay the old ones.
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
May 25, 2014, 02:00:20 AM
I am going to hold you to this.

If I get a payout five years from today I will send you a PM requesting a video of you eating your shorts.

If you don't do it, then who is the scammer huh???

Anyway - There's no real evidence for this being a scam, there's not enough evidence for it being legit. The operator however is 5000x more traceable than the admin of any ponzi I've ever heard of though, and all I've been saying is "It has potential to be legitimate" and even that is distasteful to people.

I bought 100gh in feb which have already ROI'd.  Huh Terribly run for a scam if you ask me.

I guess time will tell. I just wish people would shut up with the "OMG THIS LOOKS LIEK A SCAM" when they bring literally no new information or no new extrapolations or deductions to the table.

Haha, I knew someone would take me up on that offer.

As with anything, there is always a chance that it is legitimate but I'm more inclined to believe that in the balance of probabilities it isn't. After all, how hard is it to simply sign a message from an address known to receive newly generated coins - can't really deny that isn't suspicious behavior. 

I bought 100gh in feb which have already ROI'd.  Huh Terribly run for a scam if you ask me.

If anything, that idea is consistent with a ponzi. They pay out the earlier members to convince newer members to join and drop the cash. That being said, I'm happy at least someone has made a profit thus far (although it might be a bit unethical if it turns out to be a ponzi after all).
Activity: 213
May 24, 2014, 11:33:17 PM
PB Mining is EXCELLENT!!  I have been a member for almost 30 days and 2 weeks from breaking even on my investment.  I'm customer #36

PB pays every Sunday with excellent customer service.  They are vetted on Ebay with a 97% approval rating. They only recently got into the cloud mining business after successfully selling mining equipment for about a year.

I have made good $$ cloud mining, don't let the ignorant posters in these forums scare you off by screaming "scam" to every program.  Do your homework, PM members like myself to verify and then make your own personal decision.

Bit-mining.co in your sig makes me doubt your claim PBmining is good
May 24, 2014, 10:02:51 PM
Unless people can teleport through photo's security is no justification for not showing this mythical 500TH/s facility.
May 24, 2014, 09:56:58 PM
of course there is no "real" evidence that this is a ponzi, if there were, no one would be buying it.. Look at BTST (i forgot the acronym) but its Pirateat40's ponzi. He had thousands of people convinced by saying he was investing it in some sort of investment scheme, it looked like a ponzi to me from the beginning, and yes, the early birds made a lot of money, just like the the early investors of this probable ponzi will. But, won't you feel any guilt that when you find out that it was a ponzi? Knowing that their money was paid to you?

You say that there isnt proof that it isn't a ponzi, but can you show me ANY proof that it is legit? Heck, just give us one found block transaction number and that would prove a lot.. Why hide their mining Tx's? makes no sense to me at all. And the theory that they have a 97 percent approval rating over at Ebay means nothing, it just shows that they purchased and sold some equipment. Hasn't it crossed your mind that they did this to gain some street credibility.

This ponzi will last as long as they have enough money to feed everyone (hence the requirement to purchase more, first it was 1ghs, then 2 and now its 8ghs, pretty soon it will be 10ghs) they need the money to stay afloat.  The other thing that they could be doing is getting money to buy mining equipment, but a ponzi scheme is much easier, so thats the most probable thing that they are doing. Even Cloudhashing gave people transaction info from Asic manufacturers before they even went live. They proved they were legit before they started hashing.

Why cant they just give us 1 transaction number or one little photo of their equipment? If they did that, I would invest,  Grin

i wonder where Micon is? He's usually on top of these things..
Activity: 294
May 24, 2014, 09:44:28 PM
if it looks like a duck, etc... When I first looked at them, i thought "wow, what a great place to mine" but when I started to look into it, every red flag went up. They cant even show you that they are actually mining!!! This smells very very bad. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

The fact that they obscure the transactions by mixing was the big one for me. They claim that if they show you a tx of a newly generated block going to a certain address and signing a message from that address with compromise their security and privacy which is rather improbable claim. Really, all it seems is that it is a ponzi that using the mixing to hide this fact so they don't get called a scam from day one. I'll eat my shorts if they truly meet the five years they promise.

I am going to hold you to this.

If I get a payout five years from today I will send you a PM requesting a video of you eating your shorts.

If you don't do it, then who is the scammer huh???

Anyway - There's no real evidence for this being a scam, there's not enough evidence for it being legit. The operator however is 5000x more traceable than the admin of any ponzi I've ever heard of though, and all I've been saying is "It has potential to be legitimate" and even that is distasteful to people.

I guess time will tell. I just wish people would shut up with the "OMG THIS LOOKS LIEK A SCAM" when they bring literally no new information or no new extrapolations or deductions to the table.
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
May 24, 2014, 09:15:10 PM
if it looks like a duck, etc... When I first looked at them, i thought "wow, what a great place to mine" but when I started to look into it, every red flag went up. They cant even show you that they are actually mining!!! This smells very very bad. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

The fact that they obscure the transactions by mixing was the big one for me. They claim that if they show you a tx of a newly generated block going to a certain address and signing a message from that address with compromise their security and privacy which is rather improbable claim. Really, all it seems is that it is a ponzi that using the mixing to hide this fact so they don't get called a scam from day one. I'll eat my shorts if they truly meet the five years they promise.
May 24, 2014, 04:01:05 PM

Also, if you believe that its a ponzi and still invest with them, I dont see that being morally better than what pbmining is doing. The money has to come from somewhere. Also remember that when a ponzi scheme is taken to court, the court makes the people that profited from the ponzi pay the money back.

Just stay away from this one. In a few weeks to a few months, we are going to see a lot of threads of woe from people that got scammed. The easiest way not to get scammed is to stay away...

Maybe Im wrong, I hope I am, but I honestly dont think so.
Activity: 812
I <3 VW Beetles
May 24, 2014, 03:12:34 PM
May 24, 2014, 03:01:17 PM
Notice how the minimum required to buy goes up regularly? the minimum is now 8ghs, I believe they raise the minimum when their payments increase.. This is an obvious ponzi. I would love to see a video or even a photo of their mining setup. Its just magical how their total hashrate increases. But, those that got into this in the beginning will win and the ones at the end will lose.

I have some experience on this and to run 500TH/s you would need your own sub station it would be one seriously impressive facility. The fact they are completely anonymous mix the coins and keep increasing the minimum order...
May 24, 2014, 02:29:23 PM
Notice how the minimum required to buy goes up regularly? the minimum is now 8ghs, I believe they raise the minimum when their payments increase.. This is an obvious ponzi. I would love to see a video or even a photo of their mining setup. Its just magical how their total hashrate increases. But, those that got into this in the beginning will win and the ones at the end will lose.
Pages:
Jump to: