Pages:
Author

Topic: PBmining - legit? - page 29. (Read 67909 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
April 14, 2014, 08:25:34 PM

[/quote]

I think you misunderstood my comment sir, I stated I have been paid back 0.487 OF MY 1.24BTC.....I am far from breaking even, and so far I don't believe it's a scam, until I lose the rest if they pack it up today. I'm getting closer and closer to recouping 50% of my investment, and I stated the previous guy saying he broke even already, was full of crap.
[/quote]

Sorry, apparently my reading comprehension is lacking. 
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 14, 2014, 11:47:19 AM
Evidence??? note they no longer post how much hashing power they mine or their payouts.

It's on their main page, 159.5TH

As for that other comment about the guy saying he has broke even, yeah that IS a bunch of crap, I have had 125GH since March 3rd.

I have been paid back (including tonight's incoming payout) 0.487BTC.

I invested 1.24BTC

Also, every single one of my 11 payments as I bought in pieces, the amount ends in 238.....very strange lol I just saw that as I went back thru my blockchain.

You were expecting to break even in 40 days........ Roll Eyes  No wonder your accusing them of being a scam.
Please, point me in the direction of your secret miners that yield the results you were expecting for a price of 0.487 btc.

I think you misunderstood my comment sir, I stated I have been paid back 0.487 OF MY 1.24BTC.....I am far from breaking even, and so far I don't believe it's a scam, until I lose the rest if they pack it up today. I'm getting closer and closer to recouping 50% of my investment, and I stated the previous guy saying he broke even already, was full of crap.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
April 14, 2014, 11:01:04 AM
This has been looked at before and actually is the main source of concern.
They use a coin mixing service to hide where the bitcoins come from.

Mmm, so the blockchain does not really resolve issues of clarity and transparency with transactions, there are still ways to conceal where your money is coming from. Interesting.
Activity: 69
April 14, 2014, 10:51:56 AM
Also, every single one of my 11 payments as I bought in pieces, the amount ends in 238.....very strange lol I just saw that as I went back thru my blockchain.

I would assume that is your ID with them. Every payment to them shows your ID (for example: B 1,5000xxxx where xxxx is your ID number). That's probably how they track to whom to credit the hash power to.

The same might be true for Payouts.
Activity: 154
April 14, 2014, 04:44:13 AM
Question: I just received my weekly payment from PBMining. This is the tx:

a556d3d44bb8516337f2426ddb8927c8356852d7daca31531e8a71e98259ef6d

They say that the beauty of the blockchain is that everything is public. Who can trace back and see where PBMining gets their bitcoins from?

This has been looked at before and actually is the main source of concern.
They use a coin mixing service to hide where the bitcoins come from.

Ip of Send is in the UK, which is where the company is located.

Relayed IP is irrelevant and doesn't not belong to the sender.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 13, 2014, 09:05:33 PM
pb mining was selling mining contracts on ebay quite awhile before the presence on this forum.
hes got experience obtaining large amounts of mining gear and working with it.
check his ebay link on the landing page.
as an experienced miner he stands to make much more profit with an honest operation than with any scam.
thats what decided me on going in for a couple btc.

LOL. There's no better profit than a well run Ponzi. No hazzle maintaining a real mining farm. Just eek payments out to the new suckers.
April 13, 2014, 07:18:22 PM
Not sure where to go from there.

Let's see what the experts will do here.
Activity: 994
April 13, 2014, 07:03:42 PM

They say that the beauty of the blockchain is that everything is public. Who can trace back and see where PBMining gets their bitcoins from?

Hash Chain //

https://blockchain.info/tx/a556d3d44bb8516337f2426ddb8927c8356852d7daca31531e8a71e98259ef6d

Payment Address //

https://blockchain.info/address/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z

Ip of Send is in the UK, which is where the company is located.

Not sure where to go from there.
April 13, 2014, 06:23:35 PM

April 13, 2014, 12:34:24 PM
Evidence??? note they no longer post how much hashing power they mine or their payouts.

As for that other comment about the guy saying he has broke even, yeah that IS a bunch of crap, I have had 125GH since March 3rd.

I invested 1.24BTC

You were expecting to break even in 40 days........ Roll Eyes  No wonder your accusing them of being a scam.
Please, point me in the direction of your secret miners that yield the results you were expecting for a price of 0.487 btc.

Activity: 84
April 13, 2014, 12:08:35 PM

I invested 1.24BTC

Activity: 180
Cloud Mining & Colocation
April 13, 2014, 10:03:23 AM
Now add in the fact that they're mixing the coins. Rather odd. Why would they want to obscure the source of the coin? The security excuse doesn't hold water, but mixing coins sure produces a nice cover for whatever you're doing on the back end if it would be "inconvenient" for someone to find out.

This is a key point. They say they are mixing to stay safe? The only untraceable coins are mined coins. If they really were mining, they would have the safest coins possible. Mixing is proof they are doing something wrong.

Couldn't agree more!
April 13, 2014, 09:51:38 AM
It think it is legit and reasonably priced, unlike others (been there less than a day though.)  Than again I wouldn't invest anything substantial.
Now do I think my contract will last 5 years....

I also would like them to post their actually hash and the amount the contributors are producing (i'm not going to add everyone's numbers up myself.) 
Activity: 64
April 13, 2014, 08:54:51 AM
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sentinel
April 13, 2014, 04:27:54 AM
pb mining was selling mining contracts on ebay quite awhile before the presence on this forum.
as an experienced miner he stands to make much more profit with an honest operation than with any scam.

...and another fake sockpuppet account spamming for pbmining.
Activity: 94
April 13, 2014, 04:17:00 AM
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
April 12, 2014, 01:34:57 PM
well...i don't own pBmining...frankly...i invested in CEX.IO couple of months back and now my investments are halved..
I spent arnd 1.2-1.5 BTC to get 60GHS and now due to current price it could trade off all for 0.64 BTC

I saw good proposition in PBmining...since there are no maintenance fees though it's 5yr contract which i can cancel any time to get my investment back w.r.t wht ever i have earned ...compared to cex which was taking away.. 20-25% of earnings as fees plus trading of GHs which can increase or decrease...and given CEX adding more Hahsing in the name of Futures at cheaper rates...i don't see value of GHs increasing atleast not nearby.

To clarify my doubts I emailed PBmining Admin...he did said they included the margin in the cost per GHS which seems fair to me...Rather payaing fees on every block mined(CEX)..good to mine for 5 yrs without single fees... Though increasing difficulty levels is different dimension altogether.

Well this is all my exp ... not sure it might b the same with others.. Smiley
April 12, 2014, 11:27:31 AM
It's no fun to doxx them before they scam everyone.

I'll get to say I told you so and rub their noses in it

Is this something recent? I seem to recall that you were dubious at the beginning of this thread and you were basing your assumptions on the fact that PBMining did not disclose their hardware, did not answer questions, etc. Now it seems like you got some additional info and you are 100% sure of PBMining being a scam. Is this correct?
Activity: 980
Merit: 256
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
April 12, 2014, 10:33:45 AM

Who cares who you are and what you did?  Whoop-dee-doo...  Here's an idea.  Go find some evidence that they are or aren't a scam and post it rather than just sitting in here guessing and allowing people to either lose money, or sit in fear that they might lose money.  Otherwise, you guessing that they are a scam and wanting credit for it is super-dumb.  You won't get it.  Nobody cares about your ego.

It's no fun to doxx them before they scam everyone.

I'll get to say I told you so and rub their noses in it
Activity: 154
April 12, 2014, 03:30:11 AM
What's been presented is circumstantial evidence at best.  Without proof it's still up in the air.  Get some proof for them or against them.  Save everyone a lot of drama...  

There won't be definitive proof until they take their money and run.
And we won't see that point as long as people keep throwing money at them.

All their effort has gone into remaining anonymous and hiding everything they do.

But honestly, what you're suggesting is entirely backwards either way. Companies are the ones that should be proving their legit.
Only in the bitcoin world people are apparently crazy enough to make a 5 year investment with a party they know absolutely nothing about.
Anyone who is still investing after reading everything put forth in this thread is taking a terrible gamble on a service that even when legit offers almost no ROI.
Pages:
Jump to: