Pages:
Author

Topic: PBmining - legit? - page 28. (Read 67909 times)

Activity: 662
Merit: 500
April 29, 2014, 09:27:50 AM
PBmining or "Ponzi backed" mining.

Has a nice ring to it!   Grin

I could say they are legit because I'm using them and already got my first payment so i got no complains so far but their site is pretty new If i'm not wrong so It's your choice to use them or not but from my experience i would recommend them.

You get payments now.  Will you continue to in Year 2 through 5?  Or will you be "forced" to reinvest?  Or will they just up and vanish one day in year 2 through 5?

Something you'll have to ask at some point with basically a 5 year contract.

The main thing is if you can find out if they actually have mining equipment.  So far there's been no proof given yet.

Indeed, this is true for all cloudmining sites.
With cloud mining, you don't need to do maintenance yourself, but you need to trust the site owners.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
April 29, 2014, 09:10:43 AM

I could say they are legit because I'm using them and already got my first payment so i got no complains so far but their site is pretty new If i'm not wrong so It's your choice to use them or not but from my experience i would recommend them.

You get payments now.  Will you continue to in Year 2 through 5?  Or will you be "forced" to reinvest?  Or will they just up and vanish one day in year 2 through 5?

Something you'll have to ask at some point with basically a 5 year contract.

The main thing is if you can find out if they actually have mining equipment.  So far there's been no proof given yet.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
April 29, 2014, 08:50:36 AM

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 29, 2014, 08:28:45 AM
Paying 1 BTC now to get 0.5-.6 BTC later is a losing move.  It doesn't matter what bitcoin does, it can go up, it can go down, it can stay exactly the same as it is, you willingly, of your own free will, gave them money now, to get less than that back at some point in the future.  It doesn't have to be a Ponzi scheme, you lost money on this deal either way. 

I don't happen to agree with you. The Bitcoin I spent on this mining contract costs me approx. $435. If, for the sake of argument, the price of Bitcoin goes up to $600 or $700 or higher, the value of the Bitcoin I am mining goes up as well and it becomes a much more attractive value. That is simple arithmetic. Maybe PB Mining is counting on this as well. According to everything I read, the general ongoing acceptance of Bitcoin worldwide and Wall Street's new involvment, I would say that's a given. Only time will tell. So far I have not lost a dime. I am certainly making more on my investment than a savings account, money market fund or the stock market. If, and it is a big if, I get ripped off, I will deduct it from my taxes and move on. I don't feel like playing the safe game. It gets you even less.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
April 29, 2014, 01:03:46 AM
Paying 1 BTC now to get 0.5-.6 BTC later is a losing move.  It doesn't matter what bitcoin does, it can go up, it can go down, it can stay exactly the same as it is, you willingly, of your own free will, gave them money now, to get less than that back at some point in the future.  It doesn't have to be a Ponzi scheme, you lost money on this deal either way. 
Activity: 22
April 28, 2014, 11:22:38 PM
Unbelievable. I read this whole thread all the way through. I bought a contract with PB Mining for 200 GHs just last week. No one has presented any proof, but circumstantial evidence sounds interesting. Could be a ponzi scheme, but could also be legit. I have not heard anything about what will happen if the price of Bitcoin starts to go back up. How does this look with Bitcoin selling at $1000.00 or more a coin? Surely on a five year contract they would be counting on the value to climb, we all are. There is a lot of money involved now. Money can be traced these days. There is always some kind of paper trail. It looks like I'm in for the long haul now. I guess I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
April 25, 2014, 10:04:57 AM

Activity: 728
April 25, 2014, 04:52:14 AM
Give it up. It is a ponzi for sure.
Activity: 37
April 24, 2014, 05:25:02 PM
Well I won a free 20ghs so who knows I'm not at any loss XD.
congratiolations on this fine shot. I made much worse investmests like buying some bi-fury/twinfury hardware according to my husband. Somehow .. there isn't a free free lunch for all or is it, puppy ?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 24, 2014, 05:20:30 PM
I'm also using them. At the moment i have 20GH/s and It's mining really fine, i'll see how the pay out will go this weekend. The price looks really low so If everything goes good might buy more hash in the  future. Though It's only plans..

Excellent choice. The more you pay them, the longer they will can keep this ponzi running.
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
April 24, 2014, 05:14:44 PM
Well I won a free 20ghs so who knows I'm not at any loss XD.
April 24, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
Because they promise people free money later if they invest new money now.

thank you for your honest opinion. At least you and my two tomcats support me not to ride a dead horse (aka ponzi). If they smell a dead mouse..., well it's dead I hope so Grin
Activity: 729
April 24, 2014, 04:14:30 PM
Seriously, how can you trust a mining-service who hasn't proofed the mining of at least single block on blockchain but uses a tumbler-service to pay out it's customers ?  Huh

Because they promise people free money later if they invest new money now.
April 24, 2014, 04:02:26 PM
Seriously, how can you trust a mining-service who hasn't proofed the mining of at least single block on blockchain but uses a tumbler-service to pay out it's customers ?  Huh
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
April 24, 2014, 02:22:31 PM
Little update from my side:

After 7 weeks of miming at a rate of 1 TH/s I have 4.8 BTC. I invested 8.9 BTC, so still way to go before break even. I will mine around 0.5 BTC this week and the rate goes down pretty fast. I think I will be able to "just" break even. Maybe I bought too early (back then the price was 0,0089 BTC).

Let's wait and see - fingers crossed.

But: All the guys claiming it was a ponzi have not been proven right so far. But - as I always said: It still might be one. A ponzi implodes only if they can not generate enough new clients.

Happy mining,

iFlash
legendary
Activity: 938
April 24, 2014, 09:49:21 AM
I'm also using them. At the moment i have 20GH/s and It's mining really fine, i'll see how the pay out will go this weekend. The price looks really low so If everything goes good might buy more hash in the  future. Though It's only plans..
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
April 23, 2014, 06:45:48 PM
I invested just under 9BTC on March 28th (1190 GHs) and have earned over 2.5BTC in under 4 weeks. So far, so good.

As expected, returns diminish with every difficulty increase but hopefully I'll eventually earn a positive ROI.
legendary
Activity: 924
April 23, 2014, 05:16:29 PM
Evidence??? note they no longer post how much hashing power they mine or their payouts.

It's on their main page, 159.5TH

As for that other comment about the guy saying he has broke even, yeah that IS a bunch of crap, I have had 125GH since March 3rd.

I have been paid back (including tonight's incoming payout) 0.487BTC.

I invested 1.24BTC

Also, every single one of my 11 payments as I bought in pieces, the amount ends in 238.....very strange lol I just saw that as I went back thru my blockchain.

You were expecting to break even in 40 days........ Roll Eyes  No wonder your accusing them of being a scam.
Please, point me in the direction of your secret miners that yield the results you were expecting for a price of 0.487 btc.

I think you misunderstood my comment sir, I stated I have been paid back 0.487 OF MY 1.24BTC.....I am far from breaking even, and so far I don't believe it's a scam, until I lose the rest if they pack it up today. I'm getting closer and closer to recouping 50% of my investment, and I stated the previous guy saying he broke even already, was full of crap.

I am actually almost even on my initial few gh investments back in the end of jan/ begin of feb so some people are almost ROI
Activity: 752
April 23, 2014, 03:30:03 PM
As far as I can tell it's legit. Crypto blog had good things to say about. You can monitor your earnings by refreshing your profile page and it shows you your exact balance. Pretty cool in my opinion. I just signed up for 15 Gh/s to try it out. Feel free to use my referral link to register Smiley PBMining
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Love Cryptocoin ~
April 16, 2014, 02:11:57 PM
so far so good with pbmining, but from now I will be more carefull choosing cloud mining.  Grin

just enjoy what i receive till now.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: