Pages:
Author

Topic: Pebblecoin (XPB) - FIRST DPOS CRYPTONOTE COIN LIVE - Qt Wallet GUI - v0.4.4.1 - page 19. (Read 55990 times)

Activity: 979
Merit: 510
I have 700 coins unconfirmed on the main pool from op
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
okay, so is the daemon miner as efficient as the standalone?

and wolf, what kinda bounty you need to make a gpu / more efficient CPU miner ? Smiley i've seen your work.

Like I've said before, I'm all for decentralization through difficult POW, and I like pebble's concept - I just wanna make sure its for real.

GPU is a waste of time - would be slower than the CPU miner, I think. Yeah, I could make a faster CPU miner.
Activity: 568
Merit: 100
umachit.fund
Okay, unfortunate analysis. Please prove me wrong, because I like the concept of this coin.

I used the print_pl in the daemon. Collected all nodes that were connected during the past 24 hours, both white list and grey list.

Total network hashrate: 45.53 H/sec (from above pic)

50 active nodes (from print_pl output)

Known pools
69.60.113.21 has 76 connections at 3.81 H/s
23.251.155.86 has 0 cnxs
52.1.11.212 (xpb.noteminer.com) - has 2 cnxs at 0.9 H/s

45.53 - (3.81+0.9) = 40.82 H/s unexplained hash leftover

Now, lets just assume there's 50 nodes, even though there may be many fewer in reality because i used hour < 24 as my selection criteria.

40.82 / 50 = 0.812 Hashes / node.

So either someone is pouring tons of $$ into servers to mint this coin (because I looked it up and the servers required for this coin are pricey), or someone has found an exploit and hasn't reported it.

Comments?

Many of them mining without opening ports? i think there are more than 50 active daemon miner
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Has anybody actually succeeded in using Poloniex to buy/sell XPBs?  A lot of people have issues.  I will take the link off of the first post until people confirm that it works.  If it works for some and not others, then why?

I have - simpleminer must be used to xfer coins.
What is the difference?  The Qt Wallet uses the same code as the simplewallet.  Did they accept it as-is or you had to give them the txid?

As-is - you can't specify the ID in that GUI.
Will this be added into the GUI wallet?

Hey Wolf, are you working on an 8GB miner? Because I would like one. Smiley

I don't really want to - not much profit in it, seeing as it won't be a ton faster.
Fair enough. Although it will be a ton faster than a paging file, right?

Oh, yeah - loads.
Angry How long would it take you to code it?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Has anybody actually succeeded in using Poloniex to buy/sell XPBs?  A lot of people have issues.  I will take the link off of the first post until people confirm that it works.  If it works for some and not others, then why?

What is the difference?  The Qt Wallet uses the same code as the simplewallet.  Did they accept it as-is or you had to give them the txid?

I don't really want to - not much profit in it, seeing as it won't be a ton faster.
Fair enough. Although it will be a ton faster than a paging file, right?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Has anybody actually succeeded in using Poloniex to buy/sell XPBs?  A lot of people have issues.  I will take the link off of the first post until people confirm that it works.  If it works for some and not others, then why?

What is the difference?  The Qt Wallet uses the same code as the simplewallet.  Did they accept it as-is or you had to give them the txid?

legendary
Crypto since 2014
I have only 8gb ram. Would it work?

I believe you could set up your miner to run with a pagefile, but it will be ungodly slow.
What about vram??

Pretty sure paging is what you're referring to.

No, I meant, would it be possible to use ram from your graphics card as well as ram?
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
So, I continued diving into this, and have this to report.

Overall, my concerns regarding the network hashrate in my first analysis still stand. Regarding exploits early in coin history, the design of the coin (start with slow release) actually worked, because there may have been something going on prior to the release of the exploit, and the exploit was announced during the ramp to 300, so there was no intention to maximize the exploit. Thus, I am not overly concerned that there was collusion early in coin history regarding exploits. Period A may be others finding exploits, or just a whole hellalotta people joining that pool.

I probably spent way too much time on this. And it took a lot longer than normal because my damn computers so laggy from this goddamned miner!

donations:
XMR: 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf

XPB:
PByG1SBgVNj9RezKWHnmysMpw8k2xaRWcH1bpgDepNgUPWjomE4YkCnKKNSY26ynTk3KtC7NCTNmrLk wkbLVgyW67nxD9RgP91

At EC2 spot pricing, it would only cost ~$70/hour for 50H/sec. Someone might just be trying to acquire a good number of coins.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

I believe you could set up your miner to run with a pagefile, but it will be ungodly slow.
What about vram??
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
windows miner don it work   Angry Angry Angry Angry
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Oh is there a difficulty exploit? I should probably read this whole thread. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
So, I continued diving into this, and have this to report.

Overall, my concerns regarding the network hashrate in my first analysis still stand. Regarding exploits early in coin history, the design of the coin (start with slow release) actually worked, because there may have been something going on prior to the release of the exploit, and the exploit was announced during the ramp to 300, so there was no intention to maximize the exploit. Thus, I am not overly concerned that there was collusion early in coin history regarding exploits. Period A may be others finding exploits, or just a whole hellalotta people joining that pool.

I probably spent way too much time on this. And it took a lot longer than normal because my damn computers so laggy from this goddamned miner!

donations:
XMR: 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf

XPB:
PByG1SBgVNj9RezKWHnmysMpw8k2xaRWcH1bpgDepNgUPWjomE4YkCnKKNSY26ynTk3KtC7NCTNmrLk wkbLVgyW67nxD9RgP91

legendary
Okay, unfortunate analysis. Please prove me wrong, because I like the concept of this coin.

I used the print_pl in the daemon. Collected all nodes that were connected during the past 24 hours, both white list and grey list.

Total network hashrate: 45.53 H/sec (from above pic)

50 active nodes (from print_pl output)

Known pools
69.60.113.21 has 76 connections at 3.81 H/s
23.251.155.86 has 0 cnxs
52.1.11.212 (xpb.noteminer.com) - has 2 cnxs at 0.9 H/s

45.53 - (3.81+0.9) = 40.82 H/s unexplained hash leftover

Now, lets just assume there's 50 nodes, even though there may be many fewer in reality because i used hour < 24 as my selection criteria.

40.82 / 50 = 0.812 Hashes / node.

So either someone is pouring tons of $$ into servers to mint this coin (because I looked it up and the servers required for this coin are pricey), or someone has found an exploit and hasn't reported it.

Comments?
legendary
Is there a list of all known pools?

So far I have:

69.60.113.21 (main OP pool)
23.251.155.86 (pool advertised here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/more-pool-for-pebblecoin-xpb-13gb-ram-requred-cpu-only-botnet-resistant-945893)
xpb.noteminer.com

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Anybody on noteminer.com -- I'm upgrading the server and accidentally lost the redis (database) data. The blocks were all paid out, but the pool will be reset to 0 blocks found when it restarts.

Apologies for the downtime. Should be up and running in ~10 minutes.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
anybody trying 2 threads on 32gb with a 4770 or 4950?
Activity: 65
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

legendary
it'll be reeeaaallly slow. I have 16 gigs ram, so i can run 1 thread, and it reports 0.02 hash/ sec, and I haven't earned a single share...

wolf sez it'll use virtual memory, but the performance will be really bad.
Activity: 65
Pages:
Jump to: