Pages:
Author

Topic: Pebblecoin (XPB) - FIRST DPOS CRYPTONOTE COIN LIVE - Qt Wallet GUI - v0.4.4.1 - page 22. (Read 55990 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I'm going to push this up .. moaaar.. Cheesy who is with me..? Wink ..
I am. How much u got? I just bought ~0.2 and have ~0.15 sitting in buys at 2200. Smiley

It's not a lot but it will be after we go up. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
I'm going to take a chance and invest 0.37 btc. But first, do you think I should?

you're asking the thread of people who are in some way invested in the coin whether or not you should invest in the coin.

OF COURSE you should! Please, drive up the price...  but after I buy up some more.

8 GB guy - apparently you can still mine, it'll use your virtual memory / scratch pad whatever u call it, but the performance will blow.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
I'm going to push this up .. moaaar.. Cheesy who is with me..? Wink ..
legendary
Crypto since 2014
I'm going to take a chance and invest 0.37 btc. But first, do you think I should?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Twitter @Acimirov
I think, you may not be able to mine in pool too.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Damn, my computer only has 8Gb. So I can't solo mine. Right?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Not really... seeing as your one work item would be running dead slow. GPUs are not the equivalent of thousands of CPUs, they're the equivalent of thousands of really, really slow, stupid CPUs.

So one 16GB DDR5 GPU would be slower than one 16GB DDR4 CPU?  I thought XPB's PoW is bandwidth-sensitive.   Undecided

It's not at all, actually. If you could run thousands of work-items, it would be. But it pseudorandomly looks up data in the scratchpad, so it only pulls 8 bytes at a time, really. Bandwidth is really important for long, sequential reads/writes.

OK, then latency dominates?

Yeah, matters a lot more than bandwidth.
legendary
just friggin solo mine fer crissakes.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Also on the main pool, I'm getting:
[2015-02-06 20:06:58] Stratum connection timed out
[2015-02-06 20:06:58] Stratum connection interrupted
[2015-02-06 20:06:58] Stratum detected new block

Over and over, though my stats seem to show up, they're much lower than the local miner shows.
Anything going on?

Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Wow!
What happened with the price.
There went all my sells way back at 1800 lol.
Now worth 2250
Difficulty has gone up a ton though, seems like this is taking off and I sold too soon.
It was only the wind.
Not really... seeing as your one work item would be running dead slow. GPUs are not the equivalent of thousands of CPUs, they're the equivalent of thousands of really, really slow, stupid CPUs.

So one 16GB DDR5 GPU would be slower than one 16GB DDR4 CPU?  I thought XPB's PoW is bandwidth-sensitive.   Undecided

It's not at all, actually. If you could run thousands of work-items, it would be. But it pseudorandomly looks up data in the scratchpad, so it only pulls 8 bytes at a time, really. Bandwidth is really important for long, sequential reads/writes.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Nice going up.. Smiley no need to rush..we need slow rise..  Grin
legendary
same problem here. how can we kick in a windows 40 core xeon box with 128GB ram to go above .11 - .12 ?
frustrating  Sad

Welp, at 128, you're 9.8 X 13 gigs.

So, my poor little lappy that I'm torturing with this coin has 16 gigs, so im only running 1 thread, and I get about 0.011-0.02 h/s (using daemon miner)

So, theoretically, you should get ~0.145, which I don't think is far off from 0.11 - 0.12

Thus, looks like the algorithm is doing what its supposed to. Distributing hashrate. Frustrating? No. Good for decentralization? We'll see.

Problem is at the right xpb price, will make sense to buy ridiculous GPUs that are essentially the same price as ASICs (or rent a boatload of servers). Only difference is that GPUs have resale value outside of cryptocurrency.... and then we get into this whole debate again.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
same problem here. how can we kick in a windows 40 core xeon box with 128GB ram to go above .11 - .12 ?
frustrating  Sad

It was only the wind.
this have gpu miner but we can't us gpu miner mining ? dev ,i e3 1230 v2 mining 24hours give 300 coins , now all output 1.9 million coins who Such a large hash ? not gpu ? open pool to now about 10days ,This fair? and only linux no windows  ,if this coin fair

Lol, conspiracy theories from idiots. Know any GPUs with 13GB of onboard RAM? Didn't think so.

I already mentioned a 16GB GPU:

Interesting idea, but 13GB is overkill for now and inadequate for the future.  I'd use 8GB to start and have it double each year, because gaming GPUs are the most democratic-yet-botnet-resistant mining platform.

Why not start with a testnet until public CPU/GPU miners are optimized and block explorer/wallet/pool are ready?

Otherwise Claymore will pwn us all with a private miner for his quad FirePro W9100 box.   Grin

Funny how this coin got on Poloniex before the total emission was stated in the thread, if not the OP!   Tongue

Oh, fine. If you're willing to go to business-class, fuck-expensive GPUs, you can find one. Doesn't really matter, because GPUs excel at parallelization - you'd need to run thousands of work-items to make it fast, and each work-item would need 16GB.

You would only have one work item (absent tricky tricks), but that item would move via a "512-bit memory interface and 320 GB/s of memory" bandwidth.  That GDDR5 makes even fuck-expensive DDR4-2800 look slow.

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
i use windows wallet minerd ,but thread for 2 or 8 ,Speed is also 0.12.why?
My server is E5 2650v2*2    128G
It was only the wind.
As I suspected - 4-way version is faster, but only if the memory is fast. DDR4-2133 makes it slower, but at DDR4-2800 or higher, it's faster.
legendary
okay, so is the daemon miner as efficient as the standalone?

and wolf, what kinda bounty you need to make a gpu / more efficient CPU miner ? Smiley i've seen your work.

Like I've said before, I'm all for decentralization through difficult POW, and I like pebble's concept - I just wanna make sure its for real.
Activity: 568
Merit: 100
umachit.fund
Pages:
Jump to: