Pages:
Author

Topic: [PesetaCoin][PTC] New Wallet 0.8.8 [MANDATORY UPDATE] - page 68. (Read 171172 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
10,000 satoshi soon! Smiley
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
PTC almost 0.2 Mbtc It was 0.002 Mbtc one week ago.

Difficulty almost 300

PTC To the Moon!!!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
http://www.pesetacoin.info now available in Russian and French!!

http://www.binaryfund.com
will add PTC in 5 days and Pound/PTC pair will be available.

Thanks to all for your support!
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
The fact that network hash rate has increased to 15-17 GH/s is good. The fact that more than 90% of the hash rate is coming from the same pool is bad. What's even worse is that is coming from a merged mining pool and we don't even know if those miners have a real interest in mining pesetas (for what they care (if they care) is an additional profit on top of their litecoin mining and they can dump it for whatever the price is).

Let's hope that another big pool will come along and the hash rate will be split more evenly.

well another point is that with this large amount of miners not every miner will get thousands of PCT's. Even with 10 mhs you'll get perhaps 200 ptc per day around this diff? Ofcourse there will be dumped some, but that does also generate volume on the exchanges. And since those miners dont care about the price we have all the posibilities to pick up cheap PTC.
Besides, You must know that the wealth distribution is better with PTC than other coins. Which effectivly means that we are quite resilient to pump & dump scemes. Right now there is not even enough volume (SELL/BUY) to could massively pump PTC. If it does happen though, i expect that PTC will also retain more value in the end, so thats not an bad thing.

Speaking in terms of wealth distribution this isnt particular bad move, its cheaper to buy them than to mine them. De high difficulty leads to scarity, and scarity leads to a higher price people are willing to pay.
But still i have to agree on you that bumping the hashrate to 17GHS isnt that great. But dont see it as an multipool, the hashrate is stable and does actually support the network. The network is healthy to be honest.

So we are growing towards the point that there will be a large scarity on PTC. And the price should follow. If thats not the case than maybe its an good idea to look at other solutions, perhaps than PTC is not ready yet for merged mining, and we need to continue the network grow more naturally before getting added insane hashrates.

Ive seen nothing more than a rising price last days. So i think that the price will go some major upward corrections.

PS: Block explorers are both down Sad

In the meantime we can do alot to stimulate the growht of PTC. Try going on reddit and open a discussion there, ALOT of people interested in cryptocurrency on Reddit so there is a huge potential for a bigger community

Thanks a lot for your analysis!!, we in fact need that more big pools in the planet adopt the merged mining schema to have again a decentralized PTC.

PD: The blockexplorers are up again, sorry for the inconvenience there are in beta stage

Good work, hopefully we will be back on coinmarketcap Soon. Next to that i think the time has come for us to expand our horizon. I think its time we get cryptorush to open the PTC / Doge market, to stimulate more volume in the PTC market.
Next to that i think It will be our number 1 priority is to get PTC onto a more accesable and widely known platform, Coinex.

With the ever rising prices and the growing demand, we will either must vote or perhaps put in an bounty for the exchange. Now is the time to move!

P.S about the Pool, try to contact Adam from notnull Pools. In my opinion he has the best Pools. Ive already recommended pesetacoin but havent got an answer on my ticket. Perhaps If some more of us do the same.
Anyway with the current difficulty i dont think there will be alot New miners Wink
The fact that network hash rate has increased to 15-17 GH/s is good. The fact that more than 90% of the hash rate is coming from the same pool is bad. What's even worse is that is coming from a merged mining pool and we don't even know if those miners have a real interest in mining pesetas (for what they care (if they care) is an additional profit on top of their litecoin mining and they can dump it for whatever the price is).

Let's hope that another big pool will come along and the hash rate will be split more evenly.

well another point is that with this large amount of miners not every miner will get thousands of PCT's. Even with 10 mhs you'll get perhaps 200 ptc per day around this diff? Ofcourse there will be dumped some, but that does also generate volume on the exchanges. And since those miners dont care about the price we have all the posibilities to pick up cheap PTC.
Besides, You must know that the wealth distribution is better with PTC than other coins. Which effectivly means that we are quite resilient to pump & dump scemes. Right now there is not even enough volume (SELL/BUY) to could massively pump PTC. If it does happen though, i expect that PTC will also retain more value in the end, so thats not an bad thing.

Speaking in terms of wealth distribution this isnt particular bad move, its cheaper to buy them than to mine them. De high difficulty leads to scarity, and scarity leads to a higher price people are willing to pay.
But still i have to agree on you that bumping the hashrate to 17GHS isnt that great. But dont see it as an multipool, the hashrate is stable and does actually support the network. The network is healthy to be honest.

So we are growing towards the point that there will be a large scarity on PTC. And the price should follow. If thats not the case than maybe its an good idea to look at other solutions, perhaps than PTC is not ready yet for merged mining, and we need to continue the network grow more naturally before getting added insane hashrates.

Ive seen nothing more than a rising price last days. So i think that the price will go some major upward corrections.

In the meantime we can do alot to stimulate the growht of PTC. Try going on reddit and open a discussion there, ALOT of people interested in cryptocurrency on Reddit so there is a huge potential for a bigger community

Thanks a lot for your analysis!!, we in fact need that more big pools in the planet adopt the merged mining schema to have again a decentralized PTC.

PD: The blockexplorers are up again, sorry for the inconvenience there are in beta stage

Activity: 23

Activity: 111
Good weekend for PTC. One of the top newspapers in Spain talking about the PesetaCoin. Millions of Spaniards reading about it in the paper edition. Oh Yeah!!!

http://www.abc.es/tecnologia/informatica-software/20140223/abci-peseta-coin-moneda-encriptada-201402212118.html

PesetaCoin to the Moon!!!!

Yes!!! Good News!!!

awesome!

Are you getting any pesetas from mining ?
Activity: 111
Good weekend for PTC. One of the top newspapers in Spain talking about the PesetaCoin. Millions of Spaniards reading about it in the paper edition. Oh Yeah!!!

http://www.abc.es/tecnologia/informatica-software/20140223/abci-peseta-coin-moneda-encriptada-201402212118.html

Yes!!! Good News!!!

awesome!

Really?  The fact that a single pool f2pool.com  has such a high share should be prompted miners to voice their concerns to the dev team media and the mining community  to take notice.

If a single entity ends up controlling more than 50% of the network’s computing power, it could – theoretically – wreak havoc on the whole network. And bring the peseta coin to trash.

A so-called “51% attack” could, in theory, allow the attacker to reverse transactions, make double-spend transactions, prevent confirmations or even prevent other miners from mining valid blocks. It would corrupt the blockchain and render the whole system unsafe. However, this it is all speculative – as it has never been done before.

In theory, the potential attack would work if the attacker managed to gain control of more than 50% of the network’s computing power. However, even with 40%, an attacker would stand a good chance of overcoming 6-deep confirmed transactions.

If such an attack was to be carried out, the damage would be irreparable.
Activity: 266

Yes!!! Good News!!!

awesome!
Activity: 120

Yes!!! Good News!!!
Activity: 77

Activity: 71
Good news!!

Thanks for the charts Perwol, I'll add to the charts that I'm developing!! Wink
New exchange!!!!!
Www.coinmarketcap.Com

CoinMarketCap is not an exchange, but there are good news!!!.

Thanks to CoinMarketCap for adding us!!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
New exchange!!!!!
Www.coinmarketcap.Com
We are introducing PesetaCoin merged mining today. Bitcoin miners get two PesetaCoin satoshi for every Bitcoin satoshi mined at our pool, Litecoin miners get ten PesetaCoin satoshi for every Litecoin satoshi. You must fill the payment address in account settings to receive PesetaCoins. We have daily auto payout at ~04:00 UTC. Thanks. http://www.f2pool.com/

Thanks for all macbook-air!!!

New ABE Based Block Explorer (temp. URL): http://pesetacoin.info:2750
Activity: 324
Merit: 260
We are introducing PesetaCoin merged mining today. Bitcoin miners get two PesetaCoin satoshi for every Bitcoin satoshi mined at our pool, Litecoin miners get ten PesetaCoin satoshi for every Litecoin satoshi. You must fill the payment address in account settings to receive PesetaCoins. We have daily auto payout at ~04:00 UTC. Thanks. http://www.f2pool.com/
Activity: 196
Current Difficulty    271.21730415

What? Shocked

Yea difficulty is SKY high!  Shocked
But in the meanwhile
Pool Hashrate 3.37MH

Why?
Current Difficulty    271.21730415

What? Shocked