Pages:
Author

Topic: Philipma1957's attempt to rate current Manufacturers of Asic . Results in. - page 4. (Read 11488 times)

Activity: 355
Merit: 276
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I really like the idea of this, but would like to see some more depth to it. Maybe have a rating scale per company on each question? It is pretty obvious everyone knows SP-Tech and Bitmain are the only good sellers, but it would be cool to see who does what better.

yeah I kind of want to do a 3 way comparison of :

Sp20
S-5
Avalon4.1

price
shipping cost
watt to gh  on low
watt to gh  on med
watt to gh on fast
firmware quality
warranty
ease of setup
Sound levels
case quality
ease to mod it.

I have the sp20's on hand
I have a s-5 on hand
I am trying to get an avalon 4.1  for demo    so far I may be able to get one with a small discount

frankly I don't think a lot of people understand what the reviews take to do in terms of time.  Imageshack charges me for the photos. This thread started a small feud with people picking sides. Not that sure if the effort is worth it anymore.  

For example if I decide to review the  avalon 4.1 I will need to spend  about 1.6 coins( a discounted item)  minimum for a piece of gear I don't need. 

I would do this basically just to determine 3 things how loud is it on eco mode ?
what is the real power use on eco mode ?
what does it take to set it up ?

Right now no one has shown clear easy photos or reviews of this on our site. To be fair there are 2 reviews on from dogie and one from valkir. Neither review answers those questions in an acceptable manner  so  why should do it when I  got  a shit load of grief for running this thread?

Btc is in a funny spot right now and for the first time since I started in August of 2012 I have real doubts
due to the push towards data centers.

I can crunch numbers pretty well and I don't like what I see.  Kind of asking myself do I want to be in a game where asic builders push towards cloud mining  and the deals they offer are worse then me mining in house.  My rates are 16 cents in the summer  and 13 cents in the winter   Winter adjusts to 10 cents with heat savings.

only lee's 500 s-5's hosted in china are cheap as my home in the winter.  he is sold out and his new deal is going to reflect bitmaintech's price rise to 370 a unit.

When the two best real world things for me are coins drop to 170 usd or rise to 340 usd in the next week or two it has become discouraging.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I really like the idea of this, but would like to see some more depth to it. Maybe have a rating scale per company on each question? It is pretty obvious everyone knows SP-Tech and Bitmain are the only good sellers, but it would be cool to see who does what better.
legendary
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Good idea here ... shame about the splattering of dog poo all over it!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I voted when poll was here, so did the data transferred to google or we shall vote there again?
Google poll requires login with google credentials, not btctalk-this is kind of defeats the purpose.
yeah  if you do not have a gmail account you can't vote there.

Surveymonkey is free for the first 100 responses and doesn't need a login. You'll also be able to limit people to voting by 1 per computer, IP etc in case there is any abuse.
I have one that only requires a webserver to run / take responses.

I've even made some questions but stopped seeing as there was a google form, if SP would like what I've done so far / to see it I would be happy to show them / give it to them.

Its a bit more detailed. If they send me a PM / email I'll show it to them and make changes if they request and finish it =)
It's Philip thread, he runs the show.

I am looking to back off here. As I am a little dog.  I would like us to try to create a decent survey So thomas_s  shoot me a pm  and one to sp-tech. I will look at it. We can brainstorm it a bit. Since this is more of a joint effort. It will at least be some kind of effort to make a fair clear cut survey.
I can't actively run a manufacturer survey.

Just curious, but what do you guys perceive as the benefit of running the surveys repeatedly? I doubt we're going to get enough people to be able to analyse across any meaningful shifts, especially when users have to choose just one company.
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
It was a while back (babylon 5)...i kind of liked Farscape a bit more.
And Firefly

My daughter love's Firefly and Serenity
Activity: 574
I voted when poll was here, so did the data transferred to google or we shall vote there again?
Google poll requires login with google credentials, not btctalk-this is kind of defeats the purpose.

Surveymonkey is free for the first 100 responses and doesn't need a login. You'll also be able to limit people to voting by 1 per computer, IP etc in case there is any abuse.

I've even made some questions but stopped seeing as there was a google form, if SP would like what I've done so far / to see it I would be happy to show them / give it to them.

Its a bit more detailed. If they send me a PM / email I'll show it to them and make changes if they request and finish it =)

I am looking to back off here. As I am a little dog.  I would like us to try to create a decent survey So thomas_s  shoot me a pm  and one to sp-tech. I will look at it. We can brainstorm it a bit. Since this is more of a joint effort. It will at least be some kind of effort to make a fair clear cut survey.
Usually with research surveys / market research surveys the manufacturers only part in is to have some input on the questions / what they are looking to accomplish and the final report / stats of the results. The running, main creation and tabulation of results are done by an outside company.
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Is it me or does this look like all the manufacturers are giving us the finger?? Cool
I waited for someone to make this observation. Not us !  Wink

Edit, found the picture in another thread under Meta:

Cheesy Good one!
donator

Activity: 574

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
The times when the forums have little to none new posts of new hardware is the time that scares me the most.  Keep posting, keep driving these companies to produce.  They know they have no business without us.  There farms maybe but those are showing a down trend as well.  Too old to post I say nay. 
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
And Firefly

never seen that one, but Serenity was good (it seems to have the same characters/actors).

Really liked Serenity.  Will watch Firefly and Farscape on a netflix binge

@ dogie I will go to survey monkey and check it out 

i am familiar with that (binge that is), watched all breaking bad in a week or two.
legendary
And Firefly

never seen that one, but Serenity was good (it seems to have the same characters/actors).

Really liked Serenity.  Will watch Firefly and Farscape on a netflix binge

@ dogie I will go to survey monkey and check it out 
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

donator
And Firefly

Indeed.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
And Firefly

donator
And Firefly
Pages:
Jump to: