Pages:
Author

Topic: Philipma1957's attempt to rate current Manufacturers of Asic . Results in. - page 5. (Read 11488 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
It was a while back (babylon 5)...i kind of liked Farscape a bit more, but B5 was cool as well.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
I voted when poll was here, so did the data transferred to google or we shall vote there again?
Google poll requires login with google credentials, not btctalk-this is kind of defeats the purpose.
You didn't follow our little drama happened yesterday. Read it here and in Meta.
donator
 Avalon4   reminds me of Babylon 5  I liked that show.
Me too.

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I voted when poll was here, so did the data transferred to google or we shall vote there again?
Google poll requires login with google credentials, not btctalk-this is kind of defeats the purpose.

yeah  if you do not have a gmail account you can't vote there.

Ahh this thread became somewhat of a mess.  Reminds me of my garage and my spare bedroom quite a mess.

There does not seem to be a perfect way to do a survey/poll such is life.

For now in terms of gear I have sp20's and s-5's .

I think I am going to buy an avalon4  I will ask dogie to help me set it up.

I would like to run a sound test a watts per gh test a gui test on it.  Possibly do a 3 way shoot out between the 3

SP20
 S-5
 Avalon4   reminds me of Babylon 5  I liked that show.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
donator
I think the opposite, people can see the results after they post their scores anyway and having a daily update of the results keeps any cries of foul play on behalf of the organisers to a minimum.

I still think that seeing results after may skew it a bit. Anyhoo, doesn't really matter now.

Not Sp-tech fighting with you or any of the infighting that happens on this site.
I consider Dogie a friend. Friends can have quarrels sometime.

Guy

I think we know which one philip is
Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Frankly I am the little guy looking at the camera saying wtf?

I think all of this started when I stumbled on the westhash-nicehash problem for GAW-ZEN.  The problem was on GAW-ZEN not westhash or nicehash

That was  Back in August- Sept.

Somehow I manage to attract too much attention on this site.

I can blame all that on FriedCat and his tubes , but in the world of BTC

5 months ago is more like 50 years ago. so that story is old.

I think I should consider taking a bit of a vacation from writing any posts.
I am renting my signature and have been paid to do so up front. Once that time has passed I may just read posts rather then write them.  I am too old to be playing around on the net on this forum or any other.

Meh... you should be posting and playing devils advocate more not less.

+1 except Philip is responsible for all the bad luck in the pools this week Tongue
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I think all of this started when I stumbled on the westhash-nicehash problem for GAW-ZEN.  The problem was on GAW-ZEN not westhash or nicehash

I am renting my signature and have been paid to do so up front. Once that time has passed I may just read posts rather then write them.  I am too old to be playing around on the net on this forum or any other.

Meh... you should be posting and playing devils advocate more not less.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I think the opposite, people can see the results after they post their scores anyway and having a daily update of the results keeps any cries of foul play on behalf of the organisers to a minimum.

I still think that seeing results after may skew it a bit. Anyhoo, doesn't really matter now.

Not Sp-tech fighting with you or any of the infighting that happens on this site.

Guy

I think we know which one philip is
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
donator

Guy
legendary
It's just cross my mind that you can ask other member here who want to contribute like Biffa(or you can choose) to create poll here one poll per member. I believe it's will work  Smiley

It'd still fall foul of the rules and suffer the same fate, because it'd be 5-8 topics on exactly the same thing. The current setup is good because its everything combined into one thread so voters don't have to wander about from thread to thread.

Its probably best to prevent users from seeing the results though, I don't know if they will create positive feedback bias.

Thank you. I  will offer an Olive branch. The bigger picture for us all is seeing BTC  growing.

I did not want Biffa to show results early but when we reboot this in 40 days or so. We will hold results back.

Feel free to shoot me a pm with any questions we can add.  For all we know in 40 days. ASIC MINER aka Fried Cat may be selling a working well built 0.3 watt machine with 1.5 th using 500 watts and in that case they will be the winner in the survey.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
It's just cross my mind that you can ask other member here who want to contribute like Biffa(or you can choose) to create poll here one poll per member. I believe it's will work  Smiley

It'd still fall foul of the rules and suffer the same fate, because it'd be 5-8 topics on exactly the same thing. The current setup is good because its everything combined into one thread so voters don't have to wander about from thread to thread.

Its probably best to prevent users from seeing the results though, I don't know if they will create positive feedback bias.
donator
Is it me or does this look like all the manufacturers are giving us the finger?? Cool
I waited for someone to make this observation. Not us !  Wink

Edit, found the picture in another thread under Meta:

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

Nice graphs. I hope for more participants.

Is it me or does this look like all the manufacturers are giving us the finger?? Cool
donator
BTW I don't think any asic company should be rated 100 as it would mean they are perfect and can't improve.
True. Every company has weaknesses. Ours is loud miners. For some reason the competitor decided to copy this feature Grin

Seriously, if you're hinting to Dogie's guide, I don't care about the "100" score. I care about showing our company as "Mix" on pre-orders which is clearly false and causes customers to confuse. We're getting tens of emails per week with the same question: "Do you have equipment in hand" ?

Dogie keeps the ranking altough we're selling only from stock in the last 3 moths or so and I've publicly said, over and over again, that due to the high risk of the design, we won't take pre-orders on our next gens. I even explained to him, at length, our business plan and he still refuse to change it.

Guy
legendary
there are 35 voters on the new poll/survey created by biffa.

this roughly equals or exceeds the older poll counts.

The results are close to the same for the old polls or the new ones.

Sp-tech = number 1

Bitmaintech = number 2

all other companies are pretty far behind.

To me the polls favor sp-tech too much over bitmaintech  and for today it is pretty close say 88 to 84 in favor of  sp-tech over the bitmaintech.

Hmm 88 to 84 seems familiar.  Ahh lets do 92 to 84 sp-tech over bitmaintech.

The main thing is these are the number 1 and number 2 rated companies  by the forum voters not bitfury or avalon.

here they    they are 3 and 4 as picked by the forum voters .

BTW I don't think any asic company should be rated 100 as it would mean they are perfect and can't improve.

donator
Pages:
Jump to: