Author

Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux) - page 285. (Read 784857 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
-rvram -1

Yes use -rvram -1   or NBminer maby it works better,i think maby Phoenixminer developer is dead !!!    Shocked

This worked for me too. That DAG epoch change caused 3 rigs to crash this morning. 4GB cards are getting tight now...
-rvram -1 WORKS PERFECTLY FOR 4GB AMD CARDS!!!

That was literally the first thing I said...

Get ready to move on Linux slowly. Windows reserves 300 + MB of VRAM. The current DAG size is 3.57gb. The Phoenix miner free vram check was set to 384mb by def.  When the dag + win reservation is taken away from 4gb vram, only 130MB of vram is left (that's why Phoenix made the problem). And with the command -rvram -1 you have time up to DAG 3.7gb or ~ 1.7.2020. After that, Linux....until 21.12.2020.

In the case of mixed rigs with 8gb and 4gb cards, what will be the behavior? I seemed to have understood that if there is at least an 8GB card the rig should continue to work correctly, is it correct?

I think the lead card (GPU0) is better with 8GB VRAM as it reserves more than the rest if you check GPU memory usage in MSI Afterburner, or you can try integrated graphics for the main display output but I had problems with not being able to control the GPU voltages after that - that was nearly 2 years ago that I last tried though.

It would be interesting to understand now if it is working because this would allow to keep the 4Gb cards having only 1 8Gb card
Activity: 194
Merit: 10
-rvram -1

Yes use -rvram -1   or NBminer maby it works better,i think maby Phoenixminer developer is dead !!!    Shocked

This worked for me too. That DAG epoch change caused 3 rigs to crash this morning. 4GB cards are getting tight now...

That was literally the first thing I said...

Get ready to move on Linux slowly. Windows reserves 300 + MB of VRAM. The current DAG size is 3.57gb. The Phoenix miner free vram check was set to 384mb by def.  When the dag + win reservation is taken away from 4gb vram, only 130MB of vram is left (that's why Phoenix made the problem). And with the command -rvram -1 you have time up to DAG 3.7gb or ~ 1.7.2020. After that, Linux....until 21.12.2020.

In the case of mixed rigs with 8gb and 4gb cards, what will be the behavior? I seemed to have understood that if there is at least an 8GB card the rig should continue to work correctly, is it correct?

I think the lead card (GPU0) is better with 8GB VRAM as it reserves more than the rest if you check GPU memory usage in MSI Afterburner, or you can try integrated graphics for the main display output but I had problems with not being able to control the GPU voltages after that - that was nearly 2 years ago that I last tried though.
Activity: 20

Activity: 220
Merit: 12
-rvram -1
yeah works now... but for how long...?

i know linux rigs will mine longer... but how long?

i'm absolutely satisfied using windows (very fine tuned), much less power consumption and better hashrate than any linux distro i tried before...

- either throw them 4g cards away (even if they quite much deserve it, won't do that, heh)
- or find a new coin (hell what could prolly 4g rx560s mine for profit....? xmr days are away)
- or refurb them (proper cleaning, new thermal pads / paste, replace any fan that doesn't spin like new) ... and sell them in budget refurb PCs  Smiley

guess the 3rd option is the best way  Wink
Longer than Claymore. Try on benchmark.
Activity: 30
Merit: 4
Activity: 19
-rvram -1
yeah works now... but for how long...?

i know linux rigs will mine longer... but how long?

i'm absolutely satisfied using windows (very fine tuned), much less power consumption and better hashrate than any linux distro i tried before...

- either throw them 4g cards away (even if they quite much deserve it, won't do that, heh)
- or find a new coin (hell what could prolly 4g rx560s mine for profit....? xmr days are away)
- or refurb them (proper cleaning, new thermal pads / paste, replace any fan that doesn't spin like new) ... and sell them in budget refurb PCs  Smiley

guess the 3rd option is the best way  Wink
Activity: 220
-rvram -1

Activity: 194
-rvram -1

Yes use -rvram -1   or NBminer maby it works better,i think maby Phoenixminer developer is dead !!!    Shocked

Activity: 222
Merit: 2
-rvram -1

Yes use -rvram -1   or NBminer maby it works better,i think maby Phoenixminer developer is dead !!!    Shocked
Activity: 32

Phoenix has quit on 4gb cards at DAG 329....     Claymore still running fine on 4GB cards for now
Activity: 88
had the same problem on 1 rig with 4GB RAM and no DAG

claymore 15 is working (i like phoenix miner more)
Activity: 15
Activity: 43
Merit: 1
Unfortunatelly, near a 40min ago Phoenix is died Sad Epoch #329 - not enough VRAM on 4Gb GPUs.

yes, same here, 4gb cards are not working anymore and PM

anyone knows if claymore still working with 4gb ?
Activity: 130
Unfortunatelly, near a 40min ago Phoenix is died Sad Epoch #329 - not enough VRAM on 4Gb GPUs.
Activity: 41
i have a rig with 10 GPUs
gpu 0 to gpu 9

i want to disable gpu2
use this command
-gpus 0,1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

but dose not work

use HIVE OS

can any body help

Be sure you use -gbase 0
Or try -gpus 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 if not
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
gpu 0 to gpu 9

i want to disable gpu2
use this command
-gpus 013456789 ?

but dose not work

use HIVE OS

can any body help
Activity: 221
Activity: 197
gpu 0 to gpu 9

i want to disable gpu2
use this command
-gpus 0,1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

but dose not work

use HIVE OS

can any body help
Activity: 15
Error when mining on the developer.

PhoenixMiner 4.9c

PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal 0x.... -pass x -pass2 x -proto 3 -coin eth -gt 19 -retrydelay 2 -dbg -1  -ejobtimeout 6 -ftime 120

Could not connect  to ethash pool etp.dodopool.com:8008

Why?
Activity: 4
I figured it out. It was the driver 20.4.1.
Jump to: