Pages:
Author

Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux) - page 8. (Read 784615 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 6
Has anyone been able to fix that problem ;  Too many invalid share RTX 3070 (non-LHR)

Not enough info. What pool? PhoenixMiner version?

v6.2c  

Tested on All pool, all diff.  Result same; too many invalid share    estimated %20-25

OC too high, what settings do you use?

I no need ordinary answers  like  OC too high.  I am not a beginner about mining.
Phoenix have chronic problem with RTX 3070's about invalid share.  
it is not related to oc .

all other miners works good with same OC settings  . except Phoenix.
even if i never do any OC and let default GPU setting I get many invalid.

If you are such an experienced miner you do know that same OC settings across all miners does not hold if you want the best performance.
To me you still give very vague answers so no one is going to help you out without more info than just saying PhoenexMiner is giving too many invalid shares which to me sound more like FUD by now.

OC too high ! reguardless of what you say. !
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
If it's not internet problems or overclocking, then why are you using this miner?
This miner works for me with about the same losses as other miners, so the reason for this result should be looked for in your settings and mining farm.
Activity: 325
Merit: 42
Has anyone been able to fix that problem ;  Too many invalid share RTX 3070 (non-LHR)

v6.2c  

Tested on All pool, all diff.  Result same; too many invalid share    estimated %20-25

I no need ordinary answers  like  OC too high.  I am not a beginner about mining.

all other miners works good with same OC settings  . except Phoenix.

If you are such an experienced miner you do know that same OC settings across all miners does not hold if you want the best performance.
To me you still give very vague answers so no one is going to help you out without more info than just saying PhoenexMiner is giving too many invalid shares which to me sound more like FUD by now.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics

v6.2c  

I no need ordinary answers  like  OC too high.  I am not a beginner about mining.

all other miners works good with same OC settings  . except Phoenix.

v6.2c  

legendary

v6.2c  

Has anyone been able to fix that problem ;  Too many invalid share RTX 3070 (non-LHR)

legendary
Has anyone been able to fix that problem ;  Too many invalid share RTX 3070 (non-LHR)
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Please point out the prsonal attack and note pointing out the age of your account and post is not a personal attack…its a fact.
Essentially calling someone a newb, calling multiple people maligned, "maybe read more type less", etc.  You sling shade left and right.  The whole point of my comment was you can help people without being a passive-aggressive prick about it.

You are spreading FUD by stating that PM should explain why you think there is malware in it and claim you d/l it from the site.  That is FUD.
Hugely ironic you're telling people to read more and type less.  If you actually bothered to read my comments, you would see I didn't say it has malware.  I said Windows Defender *flags* it as malware.  Simply backing up what others have seen.  No need to get so aggressive about it.

Ill be the first to say be careful of what you load and what you use and where you get it from. The file was either from a non OP 1st page link or it was from another source which are both much more likely since currently its been 0 times from PM in 5 years and untold total downloads and rigs running PM. 
Again, reading comprehension.  As I said, I can't vouch for others but I downloaded it from the OP as *you* suggested and saw the flags as others reported.  I repeat for your benefit... I am not saying it *is* malware, just *flagged* as malware.

Ive just rerun all recent versions through virustotal and zero hits / flags.  You either didnt use the OP link or you already had it on your system. 
Again, never said I caught anything.  Also wasn't talking about virustotal.  That's good to know, but it's silly to tell someone else what they're seeing is wrong when you haven't even looked at it the way they did.

You do realize that PM provides .asc with hashes to confirm you are getting the real thing.   
That just makes it a lot harder for a bad actor to manipulate.  That bad actor could be the PM author or someone else that compromised them.  It may be highly unlikely, but not the impossibility you would like to make it out to be.

I'm not going to reply to you any further because I can't imagine you'll honestly process what I said given your last response.

For the record, I downloaded the latest version.  I just think users are right to recognize there's a small risk there and should protect themselves accordingly.
Activity: 1251
Merit: 135
Oh look another brand new register with zero merit and 1 post claiming hes being maligned but the truth is PM is safe always has been … ive run it for years….no issue.  You should read the almost 500 pages of this thread and understand PM has been attacked and maligned many times by the likes of you and never has it proved out true.   Maybe read more type less…until you have something helpful to add.  The person you are defending d/l the virus from either a bad link (not from OP) or from another source.  PM has made far more coin with the % from miners than would be gained by compromising some low post count miners computer.  
You know people can lurk, right?  New account doesn't make me wrong.  You spamming senseless replies like this one doesn't make you right.  People jump to ad hominem when they don't have a logical argument to stand on...

If you bothered to try and understand my comment, you would see the words you keep repeating don't make any sense.  The warning they got was from the link in the OP, as has been reported by multiple people in this same thread.  Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  I'm not saying it's a virus.  I'm simply saying it's flagged as a virus and being treated as such.

From your comment history, it does seem like you usually try to help people.  The personal attacks just makes it look like you're shilling hard at this point.

I don't recall seeing this AndroidOS/Multiverze malware with my older version of PM.  I'm sure it would help others out there to see an explanation of why it might be happening with more recent versions.  Especially with the shade being thrown by NiceHash, etc.

Please point out the prsonal attack and note pointing out the age of your account and post is not a personal attack…its a fact.

You are spreading FUD by stating that PM should explain why you think there is malware in it and claim you d/l it from the site.  That is FUD.

Ill be the first to say be careful of what you load and what you use and where you get it from. The file was either from a non OP 1st page link or it was from another source which are both much more likely since currently its been 0 times from PM in 5 years and untold total downloads and rigs running PM. 

Ive just rerun all recent versions through virustotal and zero hits / flags.  You either didnt use the OP link or you already had it on your system. 

You do realize that PM provides .asc with hashes to confirm you are getting the real thing.   
Oh look another brand new register with zero merit and 1 post claiming hes being maligned but the truth is PM is safe always has been … ive run it for years….no issue.  You should read the almost 500 pages of this thread and understand PM has been attacked and maligned many times by the likes of you and never has it proved out true.   Maybe read more type less…until you have something helpful to add.  The person you are defending d/l the virus from either a bad link (not from OP) or from another source.  PM has made far more coin with the % from miners than would be gained by compromising some low post count miners computer.  
You know people can lurk, right?  New account doesn't make me wrong.  You spamming senseless replies like this one doesn't make you right.  People jump to ad hominem when they don't have a logical argument to stand on...

If you bothered to try and understand my comment, you would see the words you keep repeating don't make any sense.  The warning they got was from the link in the OP, as has been reported by multiple people in this same thread.  Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  I'm not saying it's a virus.  I'm simply saying it's flagged as a virus and being treated as such.

From your comment history, it does seem like you usually try to help people.  The personal attacks just makes it look like you're shilling hard at this point.

I don't recall seeing this AndroidOS/Multiverze malware with my older version of PM.  I'm sure it would help others out there to see an explanation of why it might be happening with more recent versions.  Especially with the shade being thrown by NiceHash, etc.
Windows gives many security warnings after downloading latest version PhoenixMiner_6.2c_Windows from first side in this thread.
is this normal behaviour?

Hello. I'm having a problem. I downloaded Phoenix 6.2c for Windows as i always do from the link in the first page of this thread, and the trojan AndroidOs/multiverze infected my computer. I think it is some kind of ransomware. After i rebooted My PC i couldnt even log in.

Well you didnt get it from the official site (the virus).  The files are clean … you can check them.
You can read here but most likely you opened an infected email as it is how it spreads most commonly.

Here is info on it and how to get rid of it.  https://howtofix.guide/trojanandroidos-multiverze/

And way to go maligning good mining software due to your lack of diligence.
I downloaded the miner for Windows from the link in the OP, as you yourself suggested.  I see the same "Tool:AndroidOS/Multiverze" warning in Windows Defender as multiple people mentioned in this thread.  It is clearly coming from PhoenixMiner.exe.

Good security means questioning what you see.  A good download one day can be switched out for malware the next.  You shouldn't be so condescending to people trying to practice good security.

Sure it may be a known false positive warning, but it wasn't listed in the OP and it obviously wasn't known to you.

Oh look another brand new register with zero merit and 1 post claiming hes being maligned but the truth is PM is safe always has been … ive run it for years….no issue.  You should read the almost 500 pages of this thread and understand PM has been attacked and maligned many times by the likes of you and never has it proved out true.   Maybe read more type less…until you have something helpful to add.  The person you are defending d/l the virus from either a bad link (not from OP) or from another source.  PM has made far more coin with the % from miners than would be gained by compromising some low post count miners computer. 
Windows gives many security warnings after downloading latest version PhoenixMiner_6.2c_Windows from first side in this thread.

Hello. I'm having a problem. I downloaded Phoenix 6.2c for Windows as i always do from the link in the first page of this thread, and the trojan AndroidOs/multiverze infected my computer. I think it is some kind of ransomware. After i rebooted My PC i couldnt even log in.

Well you didnt get it from the official site (the virus).  The files are clean … you can check them.
You can read here but most likely you opened an infected email as it is how it spreads most commonly.

Here is info on it and how to get rid of it.  https://howtofix.guide/trojanandroidos-multiverze/

I downloaded the miner for Windows from the link in the OP, as you yourself suggested.  I see the same "Tool:AndroidOS/Multiverze" warning in Windows Defender as multiple people mentioned in this thread.  It is clearly coming from PhoenixMiner.exe.

Good security means questioning what you see.  A good download one day can be switched out for malware the next.  You shouldn't be so condescending to people trying to practice good security.

Sure it may be a known false positive warning, but it wasn't listed in the OP and it obviously wasn't known to you.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Phoenix stopped working ?

Phoenix version 5.4 just stopped to work as we have epoch 500 on Ethereum.
Upgrade guys version to newest like 6.x
Hi all.

2 of my Win 10 machines crash and reboot when I close PhoenixMiner, but otherwise they have mined well for a few years. I have tried these methods to close the command window:

1. CTRL+C
2. Right clicking > Close
3. Running a separate batch file with a taskkill command to close PhoenixMiner.exe (this works on other PCs)

Any ideas how I can gracefully shut down Phoenix or even see what is causing the crash? The log files show nothing.

The problem machines have up-to-date Windows 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, i5 6th gen, Phoenix 6.2 (tried 5.5 too), and Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1660 Super cards.

One thing which version are you actually running/trying to run and where did you download it from?
Only official download link you can find on the first page of this thread.
Activity: 1
Merit: 1
Hi all.

2 of my Win 10 machines crash and reboot when I close PhoenixMiner, but otherwise they have mined well for a few years. I have tried these methods to close the command window:

1. CTRL+C
2. Right clicking > Close
3. Running a separate batch file with a taskkill command to close PhoenixMiner.exe (this works on other PCs)

Any ideas how I can gracefully shut down Phoenix or even see what is causing the crash? The log files show nothing.

The problem machines have up-to-date Windows 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, i5 6th gen, Phoenix 6.2 (tried 5.5 too), and Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1660 Super cards.

Activity: 1

legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
One of my rigs stopped and now won't restart. It's giving the  “not recognized as an internal or external command". I've spent over an hour doing all the usual things but it still won't work.
Does my .bat file look ok to you please? i can't see anything wrong with it. It has the full path in there

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
C:\Users\miner3\Downloads\PhoenixMiner_6.2c_Windows\PhoenixMiner_6.2c_Windows -pool eth-eu2.nanopool.org:9999 -wal **************/rig4 -pass x
pause

This part looks wrong to me: -wal **************/rig4

See the bat file example in the miner's directory here:

Code:
REM
REM Example bat file for starting PhoenixMiner.exe to mine ETH
REM

REM IMPORTANT: Replace the ETH address with your own ETH wallet address in the -wal option (Rig001 is the name of the rig)
PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001
pause

Thats just where i took out my wallet address. I restarted the rig yesterday to find one of the 6 cards was not showing. I stripped it down and changed one power cable to one card that looked slightly dicoloured and 6 cards showed. I've just been and done exactly what i spent 2 hours doing yesterday but now it's working. Maybe it just wanted a day off
Activity: 61
Merit: 40
One of my rigs stopped and now won't restart. It's giving the  “not recognized as an internal or external command". I've spent over an hour doing all the usual things but it still won't work.
Does my .bat file look ok to you please? i can't see anything wrong with it. It has the full path in there

C:\Users\miner3\Downloads\PhoenixMiner_6.2c_Windows\PhoenixMiner_6.2c_Windows -pool eth-eu2.nanopool.org:9999 -wal **************/rig4 -pass x
pause

This part looks wrong to me: -wal **************/rig4

See the bat file example in the miner's directory here:

Code:
REM
REM Example bat file for starting PhoenixMiner.exe to mine ETH
REM

REM IMPORTANT: Replace the ETH address with your own ETH wallet address in the -wal option (Rig001 is the name of the rig)
PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001
pause

Pages:
Jump to: