Pages:
Author

Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux) - page 6. (Read 784615 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 1
@PhoenixMiner, starting from epoch 512 I can't run my 1060 6G cards anymore. miner reports "Fatal Error Detected" and something about CUDA and then restarts. Tried various drivers from December and newest with the same result.
Activity: 325
Merit: 42

I have been mining for the last 2 years so not a complete newbie anymore. Regretfully we live at the moment in a world where energy costs are stil rising and for a lot of ppl in Europe it allready has doubled or even trippled or more before the end of the year it will be ridiculous as lot of miners won't be able to afford or even sustain mining anymore.

You might have deep pockets to keep mining but small miners don't, like me.

As I said I am still mining with my AMD card.

GPU1: ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT (pcie 45), OpenCL 2.0, 8 GB VRAM, 32 CUs
GPU1: 48C 28% 63W
GPU1: cclock 870 MHz, cvddc 743 mV, mclock 1169 MHz, Tj 51C, Tmem 70C, 531 kH/J
GPUs power: 63.0 W; cost: 0.54 USD/day; 531 kH/J

It fluctuates between 531 and 540 kH/J and it still makes me abt. USD 0.30/32 p.day after elec costs.

yep I got what u say but as I told u IMO its an error thinking like that, unless u really can't afford 2 years mining and wait for the next cycle

for example, my energy costs as I live in europe too are the following: around 190€ for 13 cards every month, this is a ridiculous amount if u think in the long term. My hashrate gives me 0.3 eth every month, but I dont think on how much I'd receive if I sell it now because I have learnt in the hard way that this is not quite smart...

I will tell u a bit of my story: I started mining eth when it costed around 300 usd and was mining for a year more or less and then I did the same that u and most people do: when energy costs were higher than the cost of the eth mined, booom decided to shut down my rigs and sold all of them. Well, I had 18 rx 580 and now calculate how many eth I would have now if I wouldn't stopped my rigs in 2-3 whole years.... at the moment of eth ATH I would have had around 100k but...... I was stupid, I preferred not to pay 150 eur of my energy bill every month so.... the lesson for me has been very clear and will not commit the same error this time. Luckily I holded most of the eth mined and btc (via nicehash) too and waited for the halving, so it was not a totally disaster at least.

My advice is very clear: for u or someone who reads me, if u can afford the costs it will be worthwile almost always, except of course in extreme cases like 3rd world war, crack of dollar as international payment in world, crack of financial system as we know, biggest vulnerability in eth protocol ever seen or massive hack or something crazy like that. If u can't afford the costs other option is selling the rigs, wait for a dump soon or later and buy some eth/btc/avax/vet/atom/dot...

You also seems to forget that the prices are still rising. It is known already that in the UK before the end of the year prices probable double again.

I can take a small loss mining but if gets bigger I'll stop mining temporarly and keep an eye on the electricity bill.

My advice would be a bit opposite yours as there is a limit to how much loss someone can take.
Other thing is by that time different mining possibilities might also emerge. If anything might buy some more RX 6600 XT's as here they are going allready for abt. €380/390.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
hey everyone

I come back to check if there is any update and I see my version is quite old now, 5.6 xD

@PhoenixMiner if I update to last version will I have any improvement in terms of hashrate?

my rigs work perfectly without any stability problem or issue, for 1 year and half now so I doubt if the "effort" is necessary or not

thanks

It also depends which drivers you are using Windows or Linux.

I'm using windows with nvidia drivers (mix rtx 3060ti and 3070 no lhr)

With version 6.2c you might see an improvement with hashrate and power consumption with the Nvidia drivers mentioned on the first page. Make sure you only download from the link in the first post.

that's good news man, great!

couldn't find which drivers u refer to on first page, I've seen that last ones available on official website are version 516.94 WHQL

by the way any of u are using dual mining option and can show me some pics of real performance just to compare with solo mining?

I usually did that years ago by eth+decred or eth+siacoin

thanks in advance!!

Sorry its mentioned somewhere in the readme.txt/ReleaseNotes.txt but it is more for AMD so you probably can use the latest Nvidia drivers.
I used to mine with a mix of GTX 1070, R9 390 8GB, RX 580 8GB and still mine ETH with a RX 6600 XT as that is the only card still profitable for me amd get paid in XMR mining at moneroocean.stream, works well. My electricity rate is USD 0.36/0.37 p kWh in the Netherlands all the other cards use way to much power.
I haven't tried dual mining as at the moment as I don't see any benefit for myself.

I got it, will try so

my advice to u if u are newbie on this crypto world is that u mine even if your bill is higher than your profit because eth/etc/xmr wont be at these prices forever, probably we will see in the next btc halving new ath for eth to 10k easily so I recommend u to mine despite the costs, u will thank me later

if you can "resist" for 2 years paying more than u generate, it's the optimal. in my case I never sell my coins mined in bear times like this, prefer to hold and wait for a pump and analyze if it compensate to sell and buyback later lower or it's maybe too risky, all depends on momentum u know

I have been mining for the last 2 years so not a complete newbie anymore. Regretfully we live at the moment in a world where energy costs are stil rising and for a lot of ppl in Europe it allready has doubled or even trippled or more before the end of the year it will be ridiculous as lot of miners won't be able to afford or even sustain mining anymore.

It fluctuates between 531 and 540 kH/J and it still makes me abt. USD 0.30/32 p.day after elec costs.

yep I got what u say but as I told u IMO its an error thinking like that, unless u really can't afford 2 years mining and wait for the next cycle

for example, my energy costs as I live in europe too are the following: around 190€ for 13 cards every month, this is a ridiculous amount if u think in the long term. My hashrate gives me 0.3 eth every month, but I dont think on how much I'd receive if I sell it now because I have learnt in the hard way that this is not quite smart...

I will tell u a bit of my story: I started mining eth when it costed around 300 usd and was mining for a year more or less and then I did the same that u and most people do: when energy costs were higher than the cost of the eth mined, booom decided to shut down my rigs and sold all of them. Well, I had 18 rx 580 and now calculate how many eth I would have now if I wouldn't stopped my rigs in 2-3 whole years.... at the moment of eth ATH I would have had around 100k but...... I was stupid, I preferred not to pay 150 eur of my energy bill every month so.... the lesson for me has been very clear and will not commit the same error this time. Luckily I holded most of the eth mined and btc (via nicehash) too and waited for the halving, so it was not a totally disaster at least.

My advice is very clear: for u or someone who reads me, if u can afford the costs it will be worthwile almost always, except of course in extreme cases like 3rd world war, crack of dollar as international payment in world, crack of financial system as we know, biggest vulnerability in eth protocol ever seen or massive hack or something crazy like that. If u can't afford the costs other option is selling the rigs, wait for a dump soon or later and buy some eth/btc/avax/vet/atom/dot...
hey everyone

I come back to check if there is any update and I see my version is quite old now, 5.6 xD

@PhoenixMiner if I update to last version will I have any improvement in terms of hashrate?

my rigs work perfectly without any stability problem or issue, for 1 year and half now so I doubt if the "effort" is necessary or not

thanks

With version 6.2c you might see an improvement with hashrate and power consumption with the Nvidia drivers mentioned on the first page. Make sure you only download from the link in the first post.

couldn't find which drivers u refer to on first page, I've seen that last ones available on official website are version 516.94 WHQL

by the way any of u are using dual mining option and can show me some pics of real performance just to compare with solo mining?

thanks in advance!!

Sorry its mentioned somewhere in the readme.txt/ReleaseNotes.txt but it is more for AMD so you probably can use the latest Nvidia drivers.
I used to mine with a mix of GTX 1070, R9 390 8GB, RX 580 8GB and still mine ETH with a RX 6600 XT as that is the only card still profitable for me amd get paid in XMR mining at moneroocean.stream, works well. My electricity rate is USD 0.36/0.37 p kWh in the Netherlands all the other cards use way to much power.
I haven't tried dual mining as at the moment as I don't see any benefit for myself.

I got it, will try so

my advice to u if u are newbie on this crypto world is that u mine even if your bill is higher than your profit because eth/etc/xmr wont be at these prices forever, probably we will see in the next btc halving new ath for eth to 10k easily so I recommend u to mine despite the costs, u will thank me later

if you can "resist" for 2 years paying more than u generate, it's the optimal. in my case I never sell my coins mined in bear times like this, prefer to hold and wait for a pump and analyze if it compensate to sell and buyback later lower or it's maybe too risky, all depends on momentum u know

hey everyone

thanks

thanks in advance!!

I got it, will try so

hey everyone

thanks

thanks in advance!!

hey everyone

thanks

thanks in advance!!
hey everyone

thanks

hey everyone

thanks

hey everyone

thanks

hey everyone

thanks
Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
So, JayDDee, it "obviously" was not related to the pool parameters, as you so clearly stated.

That wasn't really the point, it was the process for finding the problem. Had you posted the command line
the first time it would have been obvious to anyone who has ever used this miner. I'm not one of them, but
I'm glad it's solved.
You obviously have no troubleshooting skills so you shouldn't be pushing back.
Do your troubleshooting directly from the command prompt, not with a BAT file and not with a mouse.
The error is obvously related to the pool parameters so focus there.

Hey JayDDee, thanks for the kind words. It's people like you that make the internet such a great place. There was not pushing back on my part, I even clarified my answers and the reason for the confusion on my part. You'll have to forgive me if my level of self-respect exceeds that of people you usually have the luxury of mocking anonymously behind your computer screen.

deedeeranged was correct. I simply need to put the -nvidia -coin eth before the -pool in the .bat file, followed by -proto 3 after the rig name. I was able to launch the .bat as a shortcut on the desktop. For that information, I thank you deedeeranged.

So, JayDDee, it "obviously" was not related to the pool parameters, as you so clearly stated.

Sorry if I sounded a bit peeved off that was not the intention. Don't forget you stated you allready were running some AMD rigs and it sounded like you were not completely inexperienced. But I digress.

To fine tune your amd rigs you can use the following as command line:

/path/to/PhoenixMiner.exe -amd -acm -coin eth -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal YourEthWalletAddress.WorkerName -proto 3

If you tell us which version of PhoenixMiner you are running on all your rigs and what AMD cards you have we might be able to help you further with some fine tuning.
Activity: 11
Do your troubleshooting directly from the command prompt, not with a BAT file and not with a mouse.

Hey JayDDee, thanks for the kind words. It's people like you that make the internet such a great place. There was not pushing back on my part, I even clarified my answers and the reason for the confusion on my part. You'll have to forgive me if my level of self-respect exceeds that of people you usually have the luxury of mocking anonymously behind your computer screen.

deedeeranged was correct. I simply need to put the -nvidia -coin eth before the -pool in the .bat file, followed by -proto 3 after the rig name. I was able to launch the .bat as a shortcut on the desktop. For that information, I thank you deedeeranged.

Activity: 1372
Merit: 216

I am getting a feeling you are deliberately avoiding what we were asking, how YOU start PhoenixMiner from a command prompt or what is in the batch file you use.

From a Windows command prompt you would normally start as follows, this will avoid using the config.txt and epools.txt files:

/path/to/PhoenixMiner.exe -nvidia -coin eth -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal YourEthWalletAddress.WorkerName -proto 3

if that works with the obvious changes for you, it can be put in a batchfile.

[/quote]

There's no reason for me to "deliberately" avoid providing the info you are asking for. I'm looking for help, so that would defeat the purpose. I literally provided the files you asked for.

As far as how I start PhoenixMiner, I simply create a shortcut of the start_miner.bat file to the desktop, and launch it from there. Which works on all my AMD machines. If this is not the "normal" way of starting this, then I was unaware. I simply followed the steps I found on a site, or YouTube (not sure, it's been a couple years now). The only edits I made to the start_miner.bat file, is adding the address for -pool and -pool2, and then obviously my wallet.

Are you suggesting that I need to put the following info, "-nvidia -coin eth", in between the "PhoenixMiner.exe" and "-pool ssl://...." of the start_miner.bat file?

Again, I'm not trying to be difficult. I've let my AMD gaming rigs mine eth when not in use for the past couple years by simply putting the pool address and my wallet in the start_miner.bat file and launching it as a shortcut from the desktop, and it's worked. Obviously there's more to it with this NVIDA gaming rig, but I'm not finding much outside of asking for help here. So if I don't answer your question exactly how you want me to, it's not that I'm being difficult purposefully, I simply don't do this enough to understand what you are asking.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
The new beta version is ready. It is mostly a bugfix release, the more significant upgrades are coming next month. You can download PhoenixMiner 6.3b from here:

FAKE ! There is no 6.3b version of PM, and PM does not use Github to distribute releases.
Check carefully if you have setup the pools properly as there must a difference with your AMD rig.
Otherwise let show us what your command line is or config.txt/epools.txt

I'm only using 1 card per rig, and only mining the 1 pool with each rig. This rigs are gaming PC's that I mine with when they are not in use. So for the AMD rigs, I didn't touch the epools.txt or config.txt files. There was no need. Just enter pool 1 and 2, along with the wallet, in the bat file and the AMD machines were off and running, and have been for a couple years now.

When I tried the same miner, with the same bat file configuration, on the 1660, the miner spits out this error.

This is less helpful information than you think.  You are getting an error saying that your pools aren't listed properly in the config file.  In order to help, we'll need to see what you're trying to do.  It is quite possible that a typo could be what's holding you back.  Without being able to see and confirm, I don't think anyone can give you helpful information besides telling you to update your drivers and your OS, then try restarting and see if that works...  So if you want actual help, you need to provide the necessary information.  In this case, that's the command line that's giving you an error.

Hi, here's the config.txt. As I stated before, I've done nothing with it, as the AMD cards didn't require me to.

#
# PhoenixMiner configuration file
#
# If there are no command-line parameters when PhoenixMiner is started, it will search
# for config.txt file in the current directory and will read all command-line options from it
#
# You can put one or more command-line parameters on each line (separate them with spaces)
# If the line starts with '#' it will be ignored as comment
#
# NOTE. PhoenixMiner also "understands" the config.txt files of Claymore's dual Ethereum miner
# (but some of its options are not supported and will be ignored)
#

#-pool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -pool2 us1.ethermine.org:4444
#-wal YourEthWalletAddress.WorkerName
#-proto 3
#-cdm 2

# Uncomment this to force the miner to read the dual-mining pools from the dpools.txt file
# instead of the command-line
#-dcoin blake2s

Here are the epools.txt file. Again, I've done nothing with it, it's how it is when you download the miner. So it has not been renamed or altered yet.

#
# PhoenixMiner ethash pools list (you MUST rename this files to epools.txt in order to use it)
#
# The pools specified in this file will be added to the pools specified with the PhoenixMiner's
# command-line options (see -pool and -pool2 command line options).
#
# Alternatively, you can omit the -pool option on the command-line and use only the pools in
# epools.txt file. This will give you the ability to specify more than two pools, and to change
# the pools without restarting the miner by using the 'r' key in the PhoenixMiner console to
# reload the epools.txt file.
#
# You must put one pool per line as specified in the examples below
#
# NOTE: PhoenixMiner also "understands" the epools.txt files from Claymore's dual Ethereum miner
#
# IMPORTANT: Replace the ETH address with your own ETH wallet address in the WAL: option (Rig001 is the name of the rig)
#

POOL: eu1.ethermine.org:4444, WAL: 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001
POOL: us1.ethermine.org:4444, WAL: 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001

# These are examples for ETC pools

POOL: ssl://eu1-etc.ethermine.org:5555, WAL: 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001, COIN: etc
POOL: etc-eu1.nanopool.org:19999, WAL: 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001, COIN: etc

# The following line shows all possible epools.txt options. The values for each option must follow the
# same rules as these specified in the Readme.txt file for the -pool, -wal, -pass, -worker,
# -proto, -coin, and -stales command-line options.
#
# NOTE: The WEAKSSL epools.txt option is slightly different from the -weakssl command-line option. As shown
# bellow, WEAKSSL needs a numeric value of 1 to skip the strict SSL certificate validation.

# POOL: europe.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20585, WAL: YourLoginName, WORKER: WorkerName, PASS: x, PROTO: 1, COIN: ubq, STALES: 1, WEAKSSL: 1

I am getting a feeling you are deliberately avoiding what we were asking, how YOU start PhoenixMiner from a command prompt or what is in the batch file you use.

From a Windows command prompt you would normally start as follows, this will avoid using the config.txt and epools.txt files:

/path/to/PhoenixMiner.exe -nvidia -coin eth -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal YourEthWalletAddress.WorkerName -proto 3

if that works with the obvious changes for you, it can be put in a batchfile.

Check carefully if you have setup the pools properly as there must a difference with your AMD rig.

I'm only using 1 card per rig, and only mining the 1 pool with each rig. This rigs are gaming PC's that I mine with when they are not in use. So for the AMD rigs, I didn't touch the epools.txt or config.txt files. There was no need. Just enter pool 1 and 2, along with the wallet, in the bat file and the AMD machines were off and running, and have been for a couple years now.

When I tried the same miner, with the same bat file configuration, on the 1660, the miner spits out this error.

This is less helpful information than you think.  You are getting an error saying that your pools aren't listed properly in the config file.  In order to help, we'll need to see what you're trying to do.  It is quite possible that a typo could be what's holding you back.  Without being able to see and confirm, I don't think anyone can give you helpful information besides telling you to update your drivers and your OS, then try restarting and see if that works...  So if you want actual help, you need to provide the necessary information.  In this case, that's the command line that's giving you an error.

Hi, here's the config.txt. As I stated before, I've done nothing with it, as the AMD cards didn't require me to.

#
# PhoenixMiner configuration file
#
# If there are no command-line parameters when PhoenixMiner is started, it will search
# for config.txt file in the current directory and will read all command-line options from it
#
# You can put one or more command-line parameters on each line (separate them with spaces)
#
# NOTE. PhoenixMiner also "understands" the config.txt files of Claymore's dual Ethereum miner
# (but some of its options are not supported and will be ignored)
#

#-pool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -pool2 us1.ethermine.org:4444
#-wal YourEthWalletAddress.WorkerName
#-proto 3
#-cdm 2

# Uncomment this to force the miner to read the dual-mining pools from the dpools.txt file
# instead of the command-line
#-dcoin blake2s

Here are the epools.txt file. Again, I've done nothing with it, it's how it is when you download the miner. So it has not been renamed or altered yet.

#
# PhoenixMiner ethash pools list (you MUST rename this files to epools.txt in order to use it)
#
# The pools specified in this file will be added to the pools specified with the PhoenixMiner's
# command-line options (see -pool and -pool2 command line options).
#
# Alternatively, you can omit the -pool option on the command-line and use only the pools in
# epools.txt file. This will give you the ability to specify more than two pools, and to change
# the pools without restarting the miner by using the 'r' key in the PhoenixMiner console to
# reload the epools.txt file.
#
# You must put one pool per line as specified in the examples below
#
# NOTE: PhoenixMiner also "understands" the epools.txt files from Claymore's dual Ethereum miner
#
# IMPORTANT: Replace the ETH address with your own ETH wallet address in the WAL: option (Rig001 is the name of the rig)
#

POOL: eu1.ethermine.org:4444, WAL: 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001
POOL: us1.ethermine.org:4444, WAL: 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001

# These are examples for ETC pools

POOL: ssl://eu1-etc.ethermine.org:5555, WAL: 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001, COIN: etc
POOL: etc-eu1.nanopool.org:19999, WAL: 0x008c26f3a2Ca8bdC11e5891e0278c9436B6F5d1E.Rig001, COIN: etc

# The following line shows all possible epools.txt options. The values for each option must follow the
# same rules as these specified in the Readme.txt file for the -pool, -wal, -pass, -worker,
# -proto, -coin, and -stales command-line options.
#
# NOTE: The WEAKSSL epools.txt option is slightly different from the -weakssl command-line option. As shown
# bellow, WEAKSSL needs a numeric value of 1 to skip the strict SSL certificate validation.

# POOL: europe.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20585, WAL: YourLoginName, WORKER: WorkerName, PASS: x, PROTO: 1, COIN: ubq, STALES: 1, WEAKSSL: 1
donator
Activity: 4718
Merit: 4218
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

This is less helpful information than you think.  You are getting an error saying that your pools aren't listed properly in the config file.  In order to help, we'll need to see what you're trying to do.  It is quite possible that a typo could be what's holding you back.  Without being able to see and confirm, I don't think anyone can give you helpful information besides telling you to update your drivers and your OS, then try restarting and see if that works...  So if you want actual help, you need to provide the necessary information.  In this case, that's the command line that's giving you an error.
Pages:
Jump to: