Pages:
Author

Topic: [PHR] Phore - 100% PoS 3.0 - Masternodes - Zerocoin - Governance No ICO/Premine - page 56. (Read 67705 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Do you plan on releasing other OS versions of the wallet?

I have ubuntu, maybe best to compile from source in the meantime?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Is it possible the attack did us all a favour?

What I mean is, two of the biggest problems with new coins is:

1. Lack of developer commitment.

2. Lack of dev knowledge (the dev only can clone a coin and doesn't have any real knowledge beyond that).

By doing this attack and forcing you to bring out an updated wallet it tested the resolve of the community, the developer skill and commitment. It may have felt like a setback when you were up all night coding but I think it's actually helped show that Phore is a real project.

I never really considered the lack of knowledge past cloning a coin, that's good point.
Lots of confidence now after how things were handled plus the quality of the wallet update (probably one of the nicest looking too)
Will be interesting to see if it will attract additional community developers after it hits cryptopia

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
it's time to return to http://mnrank.com/

we must tell them that everything is fine with us!

I have sent an email to mnrank telling them of the wallet update and that trading has resumed on coinsmarkets.  Shouldn't be too long for a reply. 
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
The
when   phore will be add   to cryptopia ?
you told us that  its paid but why they dont add  phore yet?

Added 2 dates to CoinMarketCalendar including listing date.

http://www.coinmarketcal.com/?form%5Bmonth%5D=&form%5Byear%5D=&form%5Bcoin%5D=Phore+%28PHR%29&form%5Bsort_by%5D=&form%5Bsubmit%5D=
Activity: 29
when   phore will be add   to cryptopia ?
you told us that  its paid but why they dont add  phore yet?
Activity: 49
I followed on Discord the development of the issue with coinsmarket and I can say that the devs handled it perfectly.
Good job !

+1 YES couldn't agree more, superb work !

+2 Absolutely. They handled that perfectly.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
I followed on Discord the development of the issue with coinsmarket and I can say that the devs handled it perfectly.
Good job !

+1 YES couldn't agree more, superb work !
Activity: 86
Merit: 3
Good job !
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
it's time to return to http://mnrank.com/

we must tell them that everything is fine with us!
Activity: 198
Merit: 101
Dev handled the situation very well.
Also using the opportunity and coming up with Zerocoin protocol is a masterstroke.
Not every Dev can do that.
Only the best can.

Kudos to Dev.
You have increased community's faith in you.
Now I am gonna hodl long, very long.
I am sure you will be as efficient in implementation of the Roadmap which will catapult Phore into one of the Top coins.
Activity: 53
Merit: 10
I have a masternode.
Thank you guys so much for working hard and nice update.
Activity: 196
Is it possible the attack did us all a favour?

What I mean is, two of the biggest problems with new coins is:

1. Lack of developer commitment.

2. Lack of dev knowledge (the dev only can clone a coin and doesn't have any real knowledge beyond that).

By doing this attack and forcing you to bring out an updated wallet it tested the resolve of the community, the developer skill and commitment. It may have felt like a setback when you were up all night coding but I think it's actually helped show that Phore is a real project.

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Awesome work devs!

Small question: is it possible to stake with a paper wallet?
Or do you have to run the wallet 24/day to stake the coins?

Edit: Ah found it in the staking guide, I guess you have to keep the wallet open.
Activity: 173
Merit: 12
This was just posted in the discord:

Dear Community,

It has been a whirlwind of a week for Phore! We have been putting out notices throughout the week. Here’s the summary. We became aware of a hostile actor that had exploited a staking bug within the Phore code. In order to protect our community we immediately contacted the exchange that listed Phore and requested that they cease all active trading and withdrawals. We immediately announced the situation on the ANN, Discord, and elsewhere.

Since the exploit was caught quickly the decision was made to conduct a 'rollback' in order to protect the community. A new wallet was created and which included a fix and an update (ZeroCoin and Masternode Governance are now enabled!). The Phore development team put forward the funds that have/will be used to compensate anyone who bought/transferred coins after the exploit occured. If you are missing coins, please contact CoinsMarkets as they have been provided with the replacement funds. Also, please ensure you have the new wallets (including those on masternodes).

This whole event led us to jump ahead on our roadmap, in most respects. The one exception would be the burn and swap date. Out of fairness for those that were not able to swap their KTK for PHORE, we extended the swap deadline until November 27th. Once the deadline has passed the coins will be burned and we will be give the go-ahead to Cryptopia to list Phore. We thank you for your patience during this process.

Activity: 280
I resolved the issue on the exchange, and coins have just been sent to cover the users affected. They should
credit any user accounts very soon.

Thank you, got my coins.

Activity: 686
I resolved the issue on the exchange, and coins have just been sent to cover the users affected. They should

Thank you very much devs. Wink you did good job on the whole progress
Activity: 196
Phore back on Coinsmarkets.  Cool

Amazing job devs. Many devs would have dumped and ran in a crisis, you worked hard and turned it around, even adding new functionality to the wallet in the process. I'm very impressed.
Activity: 976
Merit: 534
I'll get full details out asap.

But the zerocoin function is disabled by default, to enable you enter in the phore.conf file:

enablezeromint=1

It will automatically mint 10% of your balance into zPHR. so you have anon transactions.
It does cost 1 PHR each time it mints so remember that!

Looks like the new wallet also has some new features. Is there some documentation for that available?

There probably would have been had it not been done in such a rush because of an urgent problem (which they're still fixing). They're probably too busy for that for the next couple of days.

Yeah, fair enough. zPHR just looks cool, so I am curious how exactly it works... Wink

Activity: 976
Merit: 534
Pages:
Jump to: