Pages:
Author

Topic: [PicoStocks] 100TH/s bitcoin mine [100th] - page 85. (Read 469872 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
February 19, 2013, 01:43:02 PM
The only point in favour of this venture is the guy that made the fpga long time ago.

As far as I recall, the guy made nothing other than a huge black box which he claimed was an FPGA, which he then tried to sell under a ridiculous "license" in exchange for a lot of dough. Nobody bought it, and so...that guy is just a scammer that didn't manage to sell his scam so he's not proven. Yet.

Funny that they'd work together, yes.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
February 19, 2013, 10:19:29 AM
Are you taking to me?

Yes, but I wasn't replying to you. I was talking to all who thinks this is something other than a scam.

I have my doubts, but i think to have done my part screaming "this is a scam" already:

looks like they sold 518271 shares. IPO is now closed.
They bought themselves.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
February 19, 2013, 10:15:56 AM
Are you taking to me?

Yes, but I wasn't replying to you. I was talking to all who thinks this is something other than a scam.

The community knows who Tom is and Dave isn't the problem of the justice here. He asked the costumer to do a chargeback via the bank.

Well the thing is this it what I would do, if I were to scam people. CC chargebacks have to be paid, because CC companies tend to know whom they are doing business with. So to keep up the appearances, to dodge biggest bullet and avoid biggest risks, this move makes them look "legit", and big bad CC companies happy.  But people paying with CC weren't the mark, people paying with BTC were, especially people outside US.

bAsic was a scam from the get go, and I haven't seen anything different with this picostocks/100th that would indicate otherwise, on the contrary. And "Dave" by not reporting this and his involvement is actually confirming his involvement in this scam and protecting "Tom". BitcoinMagazine should do some investigative journalism on this matter, and establish them selves as a real publication.
legendary
February 19, 2013, 09:40:10 AM

I missed it. What are you talking about?

I have to wonder how do you justify your selves to associate with know thieves? Even giving them money. It's well documented that Dave IS associating with Tom, with all probability he is Tom. At least he IS actively PROTECTING Tom, if he wouldn't be, this case would be in the hands of the justice system. And HE would lead the charge in behalf of the customers. He isn't even willing to clear his own name.

Then take to an account that they at least falsify picostock user ID's to make it look more popular than it is. Why wouldn't they falsify that "stock" price? First user starts with id 19, next is somewhere over 26 and so on. Check it out your self: http://picostocks.com/users/view/1 <- change that number to check if valid user id.

Are you taking to me? Because I think you quoted the wrong guy.
The community knows who Tom is and Dave isn't the problem of the justice here. He asked the costumer to do a chargeback via the bank.

I admit that I tough about investing into this, but I will be happy to lose the train.
The only point in favour of this venture is the guy that made the fpga long time ago. Everything else seems just smoke.
February 19, 2013, 09:28:47 AM

I have to wonder how do you justify your selves to associate with know thieves? Even giving them money. It's well documented that Dave IS associating with Tom, with all probability he is Tom. At least he IS actively PROTECTING Tom, if he wouldn't be, this case would be in the hands of the justice system. And HE would lead the charge in behalf of the customers. He isn't even willing to clear his own name.

Then take to an account that they at least falsify picostock user ID's to make it look more popular than it is. Why wouldn't they falsify that "stock" price? First user starts with id 19, next is somewhere over 26 and so on. Check it out your self: http://picostocks.com/users/view/1 <- change that number to check if valid user id.
legendary
February 19, 2013, 08:48:22 AM
As I get closer to taking 100TH online in June/July, I'll document it.  In person visits will be very limited as I want to keep security at a maximum.

Yeah, you've done that once before, documenting a scam with in person visits being very limited to keep the security of being able to push further scams in the future.

Except it doesn't work. Buzz off.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
February 19, 2013, 08:28:07 AM
As I get closer to taking 100TH online in June/July, I'll document it.  In person visits will be very limited as I want to keep security at a maximum.

Yeah, you've done that once before, documenting a scam with in person visits being very limited to keep the security of being able to push further scams in the future.

Except it doesn't work. Buzz off.
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
February 19, 2013, 01:59:16 AM
Where do you get your numbers dude?

They're not my numbers man.  I was reporting what I saw at PicoStocks.com's page "100th : asset summary."

http://picostocks.com/stocks/view/19

It's not dead yet; it's getting better!   Cheesy
Transactions in last 30 days
Shares:   524346
Volume:   20999.67164043
Change:   0.110000 (275.00%)
High:   0.10000000
Low:   0.04000000
Mean:   0.04946530

The IPO price was 0.04, and that's the 30 day low. It's hard to say if anyone is on the exchange other than Tytus, but I don't see any drop in value so far.

The high has actually reached 0.15. Almost quadruple the IPO price.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
February 18, 2013, 08:49:37 PM

They're not my numbers man.  I was reporting what I saw at PicoStocks.com's page "100th : asset summary."

Transactions in last 30 days
Shares:   524346
Volume:   20999.67164043
Change:   0.110000 (275.00%)
High:   0.10000000
Low:   0.04000000
Mean:   0.04946530

The IPO price was 0.04, and that's the 30 day low. It's hard to say if anyone is on the exchange other than Tytus, but I don't see any drop in value so far.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
February 18, 2013, 08:42:32 PM

February 18, 2013, 08:38:07 PM
There's another thread for megabigpower.com if you trolls want to go there. 

Your scam victims are trolls now? How about paying back what you stole? If you want to clear your "name", I suggest you start marching to a nearest police HQ, and start explaining this situation. So we can get Tom (aka you?) to answer for his shortcomings.

Dust if you want to grab coffee, I'd be up for it anytime - just PM me and we'll set it up.  Always good to meet local miners...

Just drop the bull and setup a real company, with real people, with real contact information, comply with real regulations, use a real office, and then we can wonder where to go from there. Short of that = another scam.
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
February 18, 2013, 06:24:53 PM
http://who.is/whois/megabigpower.com
** Registered Jan 18 2013. Over a month old, wowza, that old?**
** By Buzz "smells like a scam" Dave, as a private person **
** claims holding a 2500 sq ft warehouse, where did the money came from? I still lack over 100 BTC :/ **

This is another scam by ScamDave Inc. Nothing more.

Dave's location is listed as Everett, WA, and it is reasonable to assume the warehouse is nearby (WA has cheap power).

Dave: I live in Seattle and would gladly drive up to take a look at your facility and post a report on these forums.  I am also a potential customer if the business is real and the rates are competitive.

Its not in Everett, but it is in Washington State.  The megabigpower.com data center is getting built out for 100TH mine as its anchor customer.  There's another thread for megabigpower.com if you trolls want to go there.  I'm not even taking other customers yet - if you go to my site I'm just collecting interest at this time.  I'll have my hands full with 100TH. 

Dust if you want to grab coffee, I'd be up for it anytime - just PM me and we'll set it up.  Always good to meet local miners...
legendary
February 18, 2013, 02:28:11 PM
Yes, colocation is expensive, but always less expensive than what i pay for electricity in my country. I will host a few avalon at a cheap datacenter in los angeles for around 0.2$/kWh (bandwidth and space included), i would have paid at least 0.4$kWh if i did it myself at my home.
Thor datacenter in iceland was another option, but they wanted 800€/rack over their 0.1€/kWh rate.

Unfortunately not being on the american soil i really cannot rent office space and simply let my mining gear there, but i think that we will soon see a lot of florid business of mining/hosting farms where the electricity rate is really cheap.

In the meantime, my 0.2$/kWh will do Smiley

Btw, going from 0.2$ to 0.02 is like having an avalon unit more efficient than the BFL one, amazing.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
February 18, 2013, 02:07:55 PM
I did not know about that amazings eletricity rates, my first tough was: "if it's real, google must have a datacenter there". And yes, the have one. Amazing. How do you have your gpu mining farm hosted here, may I ask? I hadn't found any private datacenter with a fast search on datacentermap.

Actually Google does not have one in Douglas County, WA. You are probably confusing with the one they have in Douglas County, GA. However, Douglas County, WA is the location of multiple other datacenters: Sabey's Intergate.columbia (where colo is possible), VMware, and T-Mobile. And Google does have a datacenter 130 miles south in The Dalles, where power is still relatively inexpensive at $0.05/kWh from the local provider Northern Wasco PUD.

There is more than just the price of electricity that determines where to host a datacenter: local job market, distance to large cities, etc. I am sure Google had valid reasons for deciding against hosting in Douglas County.

Personally, I just rented office space for my GPU farm. Colocation always adds too much overhead costs over the raw cost of electricity. Some colos may say they "sell electricity at cost", but they always force you to pay additional fixed monthly recurring charges (eg. a fixed price per rack cabinet), so at the bottom line, you are paying a lot more than "at-cost" electricity.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 18, 2013, 10:39:24 AM
56% crash in 24hrs, yikes!

Let's ride it all the way down to zero!

Where do you get your numbers dude? I'm reading 0.047 bid and 0.2 ask prices compared to the initial IPO price of 0.04? Market cap stands at 37057.3875 BTC, which is nearly double the target valuation of 500kUSD.
legendary
February 18, 2013, 08:17:16 AM

Hopefully no real people actually invested in this crap pile.
The only thing to make sense was if someone with insider knowledge invested enough to cover the majority of the cost. Now, these insiders selling at half the price dosent make any sense. Isn't this an amazing investment?

I did not know about that amazings eletricity rates, my first tough was: "if it's real, google must have a datacenter there". And yes, the have one. Amazing. How do you have your gpu mining farm hosted here, may I ask? I hadn't found any private datacenter with a fast search on datacentermap.
February 18, 2013, 07:42:08 AM

Hopefully no real people actually invested in this crap pile.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
February 18, 2013, 07:05:59 AM

mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
February 18, 2013, 03:23:33 AM
I might be wrong but 2c$/kWh is way too cheap to be real.

It is real. That is the rate in Douglas County in Washington State. I moved my GPU farm over there back in 2011. My last bill was $497 for 21667 kWh (effective rate = $0.023/kWh). You can check their rates here: http://www.douglaspud.org/Service/2013RatesJanuary12013.aspx The reason the rates are so low is because electricity in Washington State is mostly under the control of Public Utility Districts, which are (generally) non-profits and sell electricity at-cost. And most of the power stations are low-key hydro installations, so quite inexpensive.
legendary
February 18, 2013, 03:05:32 AM
I might be wrong but 2c$/kWh is way too cheap to be real.
Pages:
Jump to: