Pages:
Author

Topic: [PicoStocks] 100TH/s bitcoin mine [100th] - page 82. (Read 469872 times)

mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
The lowest ask is at 0.1 BTC right now.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Spread is huge and volume is very low [close to none]. This will change when the stock starts generating revenues. We don't accept bottles of wine yet. Only after we confirm that the chip works and only if it works within 20% of the predicted performance :-)
DBG
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
Digital Illustrator + Software/Hardware Developer
Great news on the wafers; I'd be happy to send a bottle of wine from Italy to Poland if you want to PM me a postal address (although maybe it would be premature to start celebrating successful wafer creation when so much more in ahead =p).  Is it just me or are there no stocks available for sale at any price?  I totally missed the IPO and was only able to buy 2 shares @ 0.06BTC.  I'm not sure if I'm reading the site wrong or if there are really no open asks orders at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Yep, someone had to make good bussines when price dropped and now is investing <- speculation...
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
Wow, someone bought ~1600 shares, with the last and highest trade at 0.0707 BTC. Already 77% higher than the IPO price (0.04 BTC)!

http://picostocks.com/stocks/transactions/19
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
The wafers will be completed on 2013-05-19 (May 19th).
Quote from: Business Plan
Wafers will be completed on 2013-04-20. (...),
but we expect unforeseen delays of approximately 1 month.

Lol
RHA
Activity: 392
The wafers will be completed on 2013-05-19 (May 19th).
Quote from: Business Plan
Wafers will be completed on 2013-04-20. (...),
but we expect unforeseen delays of approximately 1 month.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Zmienił się raport na Picostocks, może warto również tutaj zamieścić info?

On Picostocks site report have been changed, maybe it's worth to publish it here?

like this copy-paste?

Chip production update
The wafers will be completed on 2013-05-19 (May 19th). We are negotiating the timing of packaging now. 
Created on 2013-04-04 11:50:00 by Leszek Rychlewski;
Published on 2013-04-04 11:52:06 by koji;
legendary
Zmienił się raport na Picostocks, może warto również tutaj zamieścić info?

On Picostocks site report have been changed, maybe it's worth to publish it here?
What are the long term plans for the 100TH security?
1. We will discuss with FinCEN the legal aspects of bitcoin mining in US :-)
2. Dave is preparing tha data center for "cyber" attacks
3. There is no theft protection ... we will think about this
Will the capacity be expanded?
This is not planed. This would complicate the deal. There is still sufficient variability of profitability due to the unpredictable network hash rate and btc price. It is possible that the mine generates revenues that are higher that the presented optimistic scenario.
If so, what kind of share dilution will there be? Was funding for these 3 projects separate or all under the umbrella of the "100th"? With Asicminer, they have a separate company, bitfountain, that owns the majority of shares, but I believe future development and hashing power is added to the total capacity of ASICMINER. Is this project similar or are the other business activities separate ventures?
Funding is independent. Even if there would be no funds raised the project would continue as planned. The IPO* was intended mainly to test the shares as a distribution channel. However after publishing the FinCEN guidelines we believe the shares could be less risky for US miners than possession of mining equipment :-)
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
18 wafers (more than 200TH/s). 1/2 goes for the mine. 1/4 is already sold as chips to undisclosed manufacturers. They will use them to produce hardware for customers [but who knows when this will be ready]. Rest goes for own development.

What are the long term plans for the 100TH security? Will the capacity be expanded? If so, what kind of share dilution will there be? Was funding for these 3 projects separate or all under the umbrella of the "100th"? With Asicminer, they have a separate company, bitfountain, that owns the majority of shares, but I believe future development and hashing power is added to the total capacity of ASICMINER. Is this project similar or are the other business activities separate ventures?

thanks
Tape out submitted.
The mask production start tomorrow with the lowest layer. Then ca. 1.5days per layer is needed and we need 31 layers => the wafers will be ready in 2 months. We actually still work on design of minor elements while lower masks are produced. We have left arrays of NADN2 cells that we can later connect to build logic with it [something like fpga hardcopy :-)]. We have approximately 2 weeks to get to the stage where the connections have to be final. After the 2 weeks we will start planning the board, work on followup logistics and talk with suppliers and manufacturers for the final devices.
We can not tell who we sell the chips to, unless the customer wants to disclose this. Any serious ASIC miner manufacturer will disclose the source of the chips. Saying that the company XXX does not have our chips does not mean they have no chips and does not stop any scams :-)
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
someone should make a list of potential scam ASIC companies, there are so many nowadays and everyone is talking about hundreds of Thash/s
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
18 wafers (more than 200TH/s). 1/2 goes for the mine. 1/4 is already sold as chips to undisclosed manufacturers. They will use them to produce hardware for customers [but who knows when this will be ready]. Rest goes for own development.

It would probably be wise to publish a list of who purchased chips because of the number of scams popping up online. They will all just be marked as scams instantly and ignored as soon as they announce their product.

Much like this scam has been identified as such back in Feb.

Doth not surprise me he's trying to support his fellows by lending vague support to scammy claims.
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

It would probably be wise to publish a list of who purchased chips because of the number of scams popping up online. They will all just be marked as scams instantly and ignored as soon as they announce their product.

Świetne wieści. Pora napisać nowy raport na Picostocks.
I will post a report, after the design is submitted. I also wait for this impatiently :-)
Cyfry robią spore wrażenie. Gdy układy będą gotowe i sprawdzone z chęcią bym kupił trochę. Oczywiście jeśli udostępnicie dokumentację Wink
Selling chips will be easier than selling hardware (less paperwork and less clients), but before we sell anything (more) we want to have precise characteristics available. This will be available end of May the soonest :-( My expectation is that in 2014 only 28nm chips (or better) will remain on the market, so timing will be also crucial (as always).
legendary
Świetne wieści. Pora napisać nowy raport na Picostocks.
Cyfry robią spore wrażenie. Gdy układy będą gotowe i sprawdzone z chęcią bym kupił trochę. Oczywiście jeśli udostępnicie dokumentację Wink
Activity: 631
thanks for the update. how many total wafers did you order?
I don't want to promise any speed boost because after we get the chips they may not even run at the expected speed of 3.3GH/s :-) [see BFL problems]. Also we will still order mainly tt wafers (!) and only 2 ff wafers just to see if they work as expected (ordering ff wafers now for the mine would be too risky). If they work better we can use the ff wafers in a later production run => the buyers of hardware few months later could benefit from the option to lower voltage and adjust performance based on selected gh/joule. To be able to do this we need to design the chip to handle low VDD. We can not modify the chip later. But the benefits will come after the 100th-mine deployment if we ever decide to produce more chips [this depends on other chips on the market].
Pages:
Jump to: