Pages:
Author

Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies! - page 11. (Read 82963 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
I wanted to thank melt for being a true professional and going above and beyond to get me set up with Pimp.  My first mining rig back in 2014 was a PIMP rig.  As you can see above I was a little hesitant to go back to it but after spending some time with the Devs on IRC I decided to go all in with Pimp.

I absolutely love it, by far the best solution out there and I have used and tried them all.  And the professionalism of the Team made it a no brainer for me. 

Thanks
Activity: 128
Merit: 5
Hey guys, just got got the pimpos for nVidia, liking it so far.  One question is when I use the gputool to set OC settings, It says Unknown on all 6 cards.  I have 6 asus 1060 3gb cards.

hey bughatti! I saw that order as well as the bug report in the IRC. Thanks so much for your support!! We are so excited about this release, and we are celebrating that you are getting such great hashrates. gputool does not yet support nvidia. However... fan control for the nvidia miners using confs was reported working, as well as nvidia-smi tool, however, we are going to make it as uniform as possible. Thank you for letting us know!~

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hey guys, just got got the pimpos for nVidia, liking it so far.  One question is when I use the gputool to set OC settings, It says Unknown on all 6 cards.  I have 6 asus 1060 3gb cards.

Also does pimpOS for nvidia support 7 cards.  When I plug in my 7th card I see all gpu's detected but the miner shows no hashing, I made no changes from when I had 6 and it was hashing fine.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

Hey PiMPs!

We’re bringing you what may be our best news yet: PiMP now officially supports Nvidia.

Our development team has been hard at work to bring PiMP to the green side - after all, it shouldn’t matter what colours you wear: every miner deserves to be PiMPed out!

PiMP 2.0 Nvidia is now fully integrated with miner.farm, along with a slew of other features, including:
A free, base subscription to miner.farm,
The latest drivers,
Regular updates via the “pimpup” command,
Stable and reliable OS,
24/7 support in our IRC channel, #PiMP
User guide,
Tested miners,
Benchmarks,
And more!

A special thanks to Epsylon3 of ccminer fame for helping us troubleshoot and integrate his miner into the PiMP OS.

We’ve got bugfixes galore! The desktop GUI problems have been eliminated, thanks to our development team and our contributor, Snipa, who runs xmrpool.net.

We’ve also just released the RC16  version of 1.9 fglrx, and 2.0 amdgpu-pro

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE NEWS!!!!!!!

Its here and  we have a major update / bugfix (please run your pimpup in terminal)
PIMP version 2.0 does not have a desktop GUI problem any more thanks to our dev team and our contributor snipa from xmrpool.net

Today we also released the RC 16 version of the 1.9 fglrx and the 2.0 amdgpu-pro these versions have all the updates and fixes in them , you can also get them by using our update tool called pimpup.

Switching from a non-api miner to a api miner works now in minerfarm agent.

For the latest user guide look no further just click the link https://getpimp.org/guide2/

To see what was changed and what upgrades/updates where made please  checkout the links.

AMD

For the 2.0:
https://getpimp.org/shop/pimp-classic-v2-0-with-amdgpu-drivers/

For the 1.9:
https://getpimp.org/shop/pimp-classic-v1-9-with-fglrx-drivers/

NVIDIA

For the 2.0 Nvidia version of pimp
https://getpimp.org/landing/nvidia-news/

MINERFARM UPDATE NEWS!!!

Today we also released an update to our miner.farm the biggest update is that we are now able to give you hashrates from no api miners like claymore and uptiminer.
This update is also in the pimpup and our latest download release.

CUSTOMER UPDATE NEWS!!!

We just launched our referal program.
Its as simple as 123

Go to https://getpimp.org/home-landing/my-account/ and get your referral URL. (e.g. Your Referral URL: https://getpimp.org?raf=ref7518466)
Give this URL out to people when you recommend PIMP.
When they check out, you will receive coupon codes in your email that you can use at checkout on getpimp.org.

As development gets bigger and there will be a price increase current pimp price till 31 march 2017 will be 25 dollar after 31 march 2017 this will be 30 dollar.

NEW HELPME TOOL!!!!

The new way of viewing our helpme tool is totally revamped to make it a clear view.
This is one of our frontline tools to best help you get your miner info and showing you and us here the problem is so you or with a bit of our help kan fix it

Conclusion :

As the year is just 2 months old these 2 months have been major for pimp and we hope that our updates and fixes work well for everyone.
If you find anything out of place or not working please let us know, we at pimp try to make mining accessible for everyone again.
We from pimp are always looking for bloggers,vloggers and youtubers if you seen our product and want to write a blogg or make a youtube please contact us via mail ([email protected] or [email protected] ) or come to our irc channel.

dbct,
Community/Testing/Support Manager
mail: [email protected]
irc: dbct

i have a h 81 pro btc mobo running windows 7 with a MSI Raedon HD 7870 gpu and i cant get it to find my gpu will this program help

hello realbigs21024

well in windows this is prob do to the drivers you have installed.
and maybe the mining software you are trying to run on windows .

our 1.9 version of pimp does support that card still
as displayed in supported list here https://getpimp.org/shop/pimp-classic-v1-9-with-fglrx-drivers/

i would like to help you , to make this a bit more easy for me i would like you to come to our irc channel

dbct
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
i have a h 81 pro btc mobo running windows 7 with a MSI Raedon HD 7870 gpu and i cant get it to find my gpu will this program help
Hi

I have a little question. If I buy one license of Pimp 2.0 how many rigs I can use him? Only one? So if i have 15 rigs I have to buy 15 license for each rig?

Regards

hello Yupp82

as you might know we have had this question allot of times so we made a FAQ of this questions
so the simple answer would be yes but a better answer would be the one we have prepared for you all https://getpimp.org/faq/how-do-you-charge-for-pimp-and-for-miner-farm/

with kind regards

dbct
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi

I have a little question. If I buy one license of Pimp 2.0 how many rigs I can use him? Only one? So if i have 15 rigs I have to buy 15 license for each rig?

Regards

Hello PiMPs!

dbct here with the biggest news of the year!

So far itś a wild ride so where to begin, let's begin by this pimp is staying very up to date on the miner programs so you can just type "pimpup" and it will download the latest pimp and minerfarm software instantly. you can then pick any of the miners to update in place. it's that easy! (or look below and for info on what we have have put in the new fresh RC11 release).

Part of the pimp family called miner.farm. This is a secure web-app that lets you control the miner in many ways (start/stop and switching to name just a couple)
Also, our new pimp versions come with the free edition of miner.farm. this lets you see the miner on the PiMP Farm page for all the pimps to use.

We are working on miner.farm every day to put in the features that you ask us for. We also decreased all of the subscription prices to make it easy for all pimps to control their rigs like the pros do and we are working hard to give you the best mobile view so you can manage your rigs where you want when ever you want.

Next to this we have a lot of great things lined up:

We want to make it more accessible for miners,PiMPing out more platforms like CentOS, Android and Windows
We have lots of bugfixes and improvements in the back end that most pimps will never notice, but it makes your tools work better!

The most important for YOU (the miner):  we want to give you the best support and the most easy mining experience so we will continue to build more and more guides, videos, and tips as well as updating your Users Guides and You can ask your own questions in the PIMPs Corner! https://getpimp.org/pimps-corner

We want the miners voice to be pimps voice so this is why we try and be very active in our live chat irc for all your questions , tips , jams or just a chat you are always welcome.

BUT THIS IS NOT ALL !!!

The getpimp.org website got some love too!

undergone changes to make things easier for people to navigate
pimp the world project is a fact now!!!!!
hashrates can be added and the display is cleaned up

PiMP 1.9 & 2.0 versions just got:

Fresh new release RC11 with all the fixes, updates and new miners included.
fixes include more stability for more uptime
improved gpu data gather
a quicker reboot to deal with stuck GPUs
“pimp --stop all” command, a feature requested by the pimps
the newest miners available ASAP to you
added the best pascal miner we could find!!!!

Miner.Farm (managing, monitoring and alerting tool)

We also lowered the prices on miner.farm to make everything more accessible for every miner.

Including:

stability service fixes.
many cosmetic tune ups.
bug fixes.
reboot miner from website is now also possible.
switching profiles from website is also possible.
and big farm solutions and collapsible views
Bitcoin and PayPal payment option
and we even got the agent working on the popular raspberry Pi!

We are very proud to say that we make the PiMP dev/testing/support teams available to our fellow mining developers for collaboration. This is a win-win for the pimps and for all of the miners.
As pimp family grows bigger we are looking for more team members, please visit https://getpimp.org/help/about to see if you are needed!

Sincerely,
PiMP Family

Can anyone help explaining how I can install PiMP on Linux step by step?

First, thanks for your interest in PIMP!

We have a whole bunch of resources for you including guides, articles, videos, and live support: https://getpimp.org/help/

That being said, the short answer is: You write it to an SSD and then boot your rig with it, it has linux, drivers, miners, confs, tools, and support all built in. Smiley

Step by step users guide here: https://getpimp.org/guide2/

Activity: 61
Merit: 11
Can anyone help explaining how I can install PiMP on Linux step by step?
I have a version of Pimp from like 3 years ago and purchased a copy of 2.0 just the other day.  I would like to give some constructive criticism if you would like to hear it.  

Unfortunately my expectations were to high.  It feels just as dated and difficult to use as the old generation Pimp.   Just my 2 cents, it is not easy to understand the different windows, different apps and/or different items you offer.  Everything doesn't need the word Pimp in it, sure it is cute but not easy to follow.  Secondly, having to open multiple terminals and to write everything with Nano is a big turn off.  I am not afraid of Terminal and understand it is a good option when connecting headless but for those of us doing it on a monitor it is nothing more than a pain in the ass.  I ended up locating the files and just editing them with gedit.   Lastly and most importantly I never could get it to work as described, I ended up just using the miner installed directly and writing my own config and starting it.  That pretty much negates the need for me buying any more copies, instead it is/was a hell of alot easier to just make a Ubuntu 16.04 SSD and load on a few miners and place them as a startup service and plug and play.  Not to mention the unGodly key I had to enter to use Pimp

The Pimpfarm is nice but there are plenty of monitoring applications available now,one can easily setup a server with config files.

I was hoping for something to use with 40-50 rigs but unfortunately me needing to spend a lot of hours and a lot of money to use Pimp versus setting up a much easier to use solution for free is a no brainer.  I just cannot see spending $1500 for license and then countless hours trying to get it to work or just spending the equivalent amount of time making a simple distro to copy for each rig free.

Good luck and wish you the best.

btw- if anyone wants my key please let me know or if melt777 wants to donate it to someone else please do since I will not be using it.

The edit and del commands are not just nano, there is a framework of default confs that are live updated using pimpup, so the latest settings are always available. Previous to this, I did have the confs folder on the desktop so you could edit with leafpad, but this was taken out in favor of having the live updatable default confs. A right click paste is simple for even the newest SSH users.

We didn't put everything in the guide, but if you are looking for mass deployment options , they are in there. For large farmers there are commands and techniques so you can make your ideal PIMP config and clone it to all your rigs. For example, I personally made a video of how to put the key in the rig using SSH. There are other things in the guide and the site that tell you how to overcome these hurdles. We also would be happy to discuss volume keys and pricing.

For our "Roll your own mining OS" folks we also provide a standalone minerfarm client so you can use the professional miner.farm monitoring service with your ubuntu rigs.

That being said, we stand behind our product and our community, and if your order is less than 14 days old, simply reply to your order email asking for a refund and we will make sure you are taken care of. Smiley

I thank you very much for your interest and for your help in making pimp easier to use! Good luck kilo!! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
I have a version of Pimp from like 3 years ago and purchased a copy of 2.0 just the other day.  I would like to give some constructive criticism if you would like to hear it.  

Unfortunately my expectations were to high.  It feels just as dated and difficult to use as the old generation Pimp.   Just my 2 cents, it is not easy to understand the different windows, different apps and/or different items you offer.  Everything doesn't need the word Pimp in it, sure it is cute but not easy to follow.  Secondly, having to open multiple terminals and to write everything with Nano is a big turn off.  I am not afraid of Terminal and understand it is a good option when connecting headless but for those of us doing it on a monitor it is nothing more than a pain in the ass.  I ended up locating the files and just editing them with gedit.   Lastly and most importantly I never could get it to work as described, I ended up just using the miner installed directly and writing my own config and starting it.  That pretty much negates the need for me buying any more copies, instead it is/was a hell of alot easier to just make a Ubuntu 16.04 SSD and load on a few miners and place them as a startup service and plug and play.  Not to mention the unGodly key I had to enter to use Pimp

The Pimpfarm is nice but there are plenty of monitoring applications available now,one can easily setup a server with config files.

I was hoping for something to use with 40-50 rigs but unfortunately me needing to spend a lot of hours and a lot of money to use Pimp versus setting up a much easier to use solution for free is a no brainer.  I just cannot see spending $1500 for license and then countless hours trying to get it to work or just spending the equivalent amount of time making a simple distro to copy for each rig free.

Good luck and wish you the best.

btw- if anyone wants my key please let me know or if melt777 wants to donate it to someone else please do since I will not be using it.
Activity: 395
Neither me or gablay12 is a native English speaker.

I told him, I would buy licences if we could make  pimp software would mine on 3 altcoins.Due to his conversation he told me he has seen a link at which a time-work schedule was published.He reported me that new guides and videos were to come within 10 days time.We agreed on the condition if I can mine using sgminer-gm, claymore etc I would buy 10 new licences.I have not seen the published project schedule, he told me it has been published thats it.

I have not contacted with gablay12 for a couple of days, he must be in Boston.He will come back by friday.I will talk to him personally.

Best Regards.
Hello PiMPs!

Totally forgot to mention we also have a great new landing page for the zcash miners

https://getpimp.org/landing/how-to-mine-zcash-the-fastest-and-easiest-way/

~ The PiMP Family

Hi dcbt.I have chatted with my old pal gablay12 who we cooperate for e-commerce about my intention for purchasing more copies.However, when gablay12 came personally and visited my farm installed sgminer for xmr.It works fine.I could not install sgminer-gm ..He told me it may be because of the pools I have selected.I am not sure, maybe...I am using coinotron and sprnova.

He told me he has reported my problem to Melt and you in the chatroom and there will be a table

Digital Currency: Ethereum

Options: Claymore, sg-miner,.....

Option 1 : Expected Hashrate for rx480 and for r9390x

The software I would like to use would be something with multi algo.I should only enter my wallet add at some predefined pools.I would decide whether I like to mine a specific coin or anything profitable.

It should send me alerts with SMS and/or mail.

I also use dummy plugs, pls make a code to avoid issues at restarting without monitor.

There should be overclocking options too.

I own 138 rigs.I need such a software.I do not want discount.I need my dream software.

gablay12 promissed me for these features and I promissed him to purchase copies.

Thank you for your interest in PIMP!
You can view hashrates and example rigs in the PiMPs Corner: https://getpimp.org/pimps-corner

I have never used any dummy plugs, I don't know what they would be needed for. I am currently able to boot PIMP 1.9 and 2.0 without a monitor connected on a variety of cards including 270X, R360, RX470 and RX480. Those are the ones I have the in PIMP FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/pimp

Also, the above link will bring you to miner.farm, our pro monitoring service. This is going to be your main tool for managing your farm. Miner.farm supports monitoring profiles and email alerts for paid accounts.

As far as overclocking, this is not yet available in PIMP due to an upstream bug in AMDGPU-PRO drivers. We are tracking the progress of the bug here: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/137657081

Currently you can flash your own clocks to the GPU using Windows tools, or flash your own rom using atiflash included with PIMP.

Hoping that the translation was wrong as we do not "promise" features, but we do take all of your suggestions to heart and add features that are most requested or we think will be most helpful to the pimps.

Making mining easier and easier with every new version, we are committed to bringing mining to everyone.

You are welcome to grab a copy and check it out!  Definitely like/follow us on media, subscribe to email news, and drop by the IRC to have a chat with all the PIMPS!

Activity: 395
Hello PiMPs!

Totally forgot to mention we also have a great new landing page for the zcash miners

~ The PiMP Family

Hi dcbt.I have chatted with my old pal gablay12 who we cooperate for e-commerce about my intention for purchasing more copies.However, when gablay12 came personally and visited my farm installed sgminer for xmr.It works fine.I could not install sgminer-gm ..He told me it may be because of the pools I have selected.I am not sure, maybe...I am using coinotron and sprnova.

He told me he has reported my problem to Melt and you in the chatroom and there will be a table

Digital Currency: Ethereum

Options: Claymore, sg-miner,.....

Option 1 : Expected Hashrate for rx480 and for r9390x

The software I would like to use would be something with multi algo.I should only enter my wallet add at some predefined pools.I would decide whether I like to mine a specific coin or anything profitable.

It should send me alerts with SMS and/or mail.

I also use dummy plugs, pls make a code to avoid issues at restarting without monitor.

There should be overclocking options too.

I own 138 rigs.I need such a software.I do not want discount.I need my dream software.

gablay12 promissed me for these features and I promissed him to purchase copies.
Hello Pimps!

Did you know that with a purchased copy of PIMP comes a Free base subscription of Miner.Farm - A webbased control and monitoring system for your rig.

If you are already using Miner.Farm and any  awesome features yet ?

so if you are a small hobby miner or a bigg farmer you can do it just the way you like

start and stop your miner from anywhere
switching pools
switching miner program
monitoring problems and setting alerts
collapsable farm view to make it easy
having a private farm

whatever your style or flavor of mining is this tool makes your mining experience easy  

For a preview of the farm come and have a look here : https://miner.farm/farmer/pimp/farmstatus

Did i mention that it is an affordable tool  just look at the picture below.

if you are a very large pro farmer we also have some great options for you then contact us if you are at [email protected] or [email protected]

Sincerely,
PiMP Family
Hello PiMPs!

~ The PiMP Family
Hello PiMPs!

So far everything has been running smooth - but they keep releasing updates to miners! Thankfully, you’ve got the PiMPUp Update Platform. This lets you get the latest miners sooner - and get a huge head start above the competiton.

Thanks to PiMPs coming for live chat support, we’ve pushed several great fixes for reliability with the miner.farm agent. We’ve got temperature, fan, and clock control for GPUs - and started on some of the framework for new features coming this year.

There’s also a major Optiminer Zcash update for stability - version 1.3.1, and you can auto-upgrade to it.

First, be sure your miners are stopped with the pimp --stop command.
Run pimpup. It will guide you through PiMP updates, if there are any.
Choose Optiminer from the menu. Should get a big green Success after that.
Run edit zcash-opti.pcfg to change your configuration. FLAGS= should NOT contain the --experimental-kernel flag, this was needed for 1.2, but will break v1.3.1 and newer. You should remove that if it is in there. This is near the bottom of the file.

There’s also been lots of bug fixing and improvements to miner.farm, so it is even easier to see your rigs at a glance. Visit the PiMP farm at https://miner.farm/farmer/PiMP/farmstatus for a look!

Now, for the numbers!

The new Optiminer on your PiMP OS is more stable and gives a nice bump in Zcash hashrate. In the picture below, 2 r360 cards went from 80 sol/s with Optiminer 1.2, to 100 sol/s in Optiminer 1.3.1.

Don’t worry PiMPs - we’ve got much more in store for you, and we’re just getting warmed up for 2017. It’s gonna’ be a great year for cryptocurrencies, and we’re glad to help bring mining to all!

~ The PiMP Family
Hi all! When I edit Json files some files say 'start with valid api', some 'can not find a valid api'.What may be the problem?Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question. This question will be answered below. More information can be found in the PiMP Users Guide at https://getpimp.org/guide2    and also in new guides, videos and posts we have been making for you all, such as this one: https://getpimp.org/how-to-edit-and-tune-your-miner-confs-the-fastest-and-easiest-way/

In short:

The edit command checks the JSON syntax of conf files (but not .pcfg files) to alert you if you made a typo.

When starting the miner it is always done by a screen, so that you can look at the miner screen later.
Also, Some miners do not provide API access at all, so we don't know what the hashrate is, for example. The non-API miners, like Claymore and Optiminer, we can start and stop and even switch profiles.... But they just don't give the information.

Good news, it's working fine. What's happening is this: Because optiminer does not actually have an API, we don't get any data from it at all about the hashrate or the GPUs. so, it's mining away, but minerfarm only knows that "it's running" and we don't know anything else. We grab info about the GPUs from the GPUs themselves, like the fan speeds. So we created gputool for miners like this, since they also do not control the fans. use gputool --help for info. so you're doing it right. there's 2 good ways to view your actual hashrate. You can use pimp --test to attach to the running miner screen.... and you can view the "observed hashrate" At the pool we have a lot of improvement planned for this, but just being able to start/stop these miners from minerfarm is a huge win! really curious what your hashrates are on the miner screen, when you get them Smiley

Also, please run pimpup to make sure you have the latest version of PiMP gputool. We have been focusing on this and making improvements and supporting more cards.
Pages:
Jump to: