Pages:
Author

Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies! - page 12. (Read 82963 times)

Activity: 395
Merit: 250
Hi all! When I edit Json files some files say 'start with valid api', some 'can not find a valid api'.What may be the problem?Any suggestions?
Activity: 128
Merit: 5
1 the . pimp is how that rigg will be called there if you have more then 1 rigg that would make it easy for you to see what rigg does what
you are able to change that to what you like (this is called your worker name)he

i) Talking specifically about 'miningrigrentals.com' , you have a number for your created rig , such as 32999 and you have got a user name to login the site lets say,' btc_ist' . So my worker name is a number and use name is 'btc_ist' for this example. What I want to understand is I will replace 3000.pimp with 32990.btc_ist  .Is that tue?

2 the seccond pool is a backup pool if pool 1 would go down it would switch to that pool in your case switch out the 2 pool urls so that the eu and the us are switched ( then you will mine on the eu server of that pool )

ii)I know that the second pool is a backup pool incase of pool connection problems.What I want to learn is , 'are there any alternative pools other than miningrigrentals.com?'.

3 when you still have problems with setting up a account on miningrigrentals or have any other question please after christmass join our chat and then there is always someone who will help you .

iii)The channel is always active and there is always a mod to answer, however the questions and answers are always same.In the forums we can re read and analyze the problems experienced before.They are like the case studies and we do not waste our and your time.

I can not talk in the name of other users but I personally prefer late answering forum to a live help.You are doing a good job with Pimp.I am hearing the softwares name from my surrounding circle.

Hello PiMP. Thank you for your questions. Your feedback about the value of the forum posts is very well received. I will do my best to post more helpful information here for you pimps!!! Thanks and keep those suggestions coming!!   

Also, I have been updating and incorporating the new information into the users guide, keep checking it for updates too!! Smiley

So.. With miningrigrentals.com, it is a special type of service that has partnered with PiMP to provide security and flexibility for PiMP customers. It is a service that allows you to rent out your rigs' hashrate for a profit.  To use miningrigrentals yourself, you can both rent your rig and rent other people's rigs to get yourself more hashrates to jump in on a very profitable coin or whatever your reason might be!

If you can, please use our referral link (which we prefer as it makes us a tiny amount of revenue!) https://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=733  and create your own account. 

Then, you can create a rig, per algorithm type, put your pools and information in, and you will get your own pool/worker information to connect with.

Once you have your worker info from MRR, you would put that into your miner conf on PiMP using the edit command.

However, if you do not want to use miningrigrentals, you would use a different pool.

We try to put more pools in as examples.... moneropool, flypool, and ethermine.org are all found in the PiMP default confs. Check out the PiMP users guide on https://getpimp.org/guide2, hope this helps.

I also have some recommendations for the next version of the software.

First of all, sometimes we experience problems launching the PIMP.It is because of late response of VBN.Would you increase the reponding time from 10ms to 1s?

Secondly, many people whom I have chatted with about PIMP are experienced BTC miners however not much experience with altcoins. We would be happy if you could add a section to knowledgebase or a small engine to the site about what to mine with what binaries.To be more clear, if I want to mine ETH, I would like to see my alternatives.

The program should ask me which altcoin I am willing to mine? ---->I would select among the options.

The program should ask me if I would use a GPU or a CPU? ----> I would select GPU

The pogram may warn me about expected daily income (This is an option but not necessary).

The program lists my options. I select one of them.And it mines....

What about user name, wallet? These must be edited at the beginning.There must be pools and we must sign to these pools and enter this info, and our wallet info to Pimp.By and large it can be more user friendly.

We did hear that VPNs are having trouble, we have listed this in Limitations of Software. You have to provide PiMP a good network route to the servers. Both ours and the pools. That can only be provided by you, the customer. If you know of any setting in particular that we can change to accommodate pimps like you, please direct me so that we can take a look!

Well, we've done a lot so far to make things easier. Right now we have the newpimp command that shows how to get started, we have pimp --chworker now that can instantly change an address in. Many of these tools were requested by our professional farmers and so we made them externally available via ssh. Smiley

We do have the tracker full of great ideas like this, including the "PiMP setup wizard" which has long been a dream of ours. This will allow people to get onboarded easier.  Yes, we are very excited to bring mining to new miners so crypto can be more accessible. Thank you for helping us do that with all of this great information!!!

Thanks again and happy new year PiMP ! Lets Stack loot from head to boot in 2017 with PiMPed out rigs!

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Hey PiMPs!

It’s been a great year. We’ve had lots of parties here at the office (and lots of drinking, too!), but now it’s time to clear our heads, dust off our desks and get back into the game.

Today, we’ve come forward with our first big content update to PiMP. It includes the latest versions of:
Optiminer’s Zcash GPU Miner
Claymore’s Zcash GPU Miner
Nicehash’s Zcash CPU Miner

To update, simply stop your miners and open up a terminal window. In the terminal, type pimpup, followed by the number of the miner you wish to update.

Restart your miners, and that’s it. Now you’re ahead of the game and your rigs are PiMPed out with the latest updates!

If you run into a problem, or need some assistance, or even a friendly chat, find us on the freenode IRC server at #PiMP.

Happy mining!

The PiMP Team
Activity: 331
I also have some recommendations for the next version of the software.

First of all, sometimes we experience problems launching the PIMP.It is because of late response of VBN.Would you increase the reponding time from 10ms to 1s?

Secondly, many people whom I have chatted with about PIMP are experienced BTC miners however not much experience with altcoins. We would be happy if you could add a section to knowledgebase or a small engine to the site about what to mine with what binaries.To be more clear, if I want to mine ETH, I would like to see my alternatives.

The program should ask me which altcoin I am willing to mine? ---->I would select among the options.

The program should ask me if I would use a GPU or a CPU? ----> I would select GPU

The pogram may warn me about expected daily income (This is an option but not necessary).

The program lists my options. I select one of them.And it mines....

What about user name, wallet? These must be edited at the beginning.There must be pools and we must sign to these pools and enter this info, and our wallet info to Pimp.By and large it can be more user friendly.

1 the . pimp is how that rigg will be called there if you have more then 1 rigg that would make it easy for you to see what rigg does what
you are able to change that to what you like (this is called your worker name)he

i) Talking specifically about 'miningrigrentals.com' , you have a number for your created rig , such as 32999 and you have got a user name to login the site lets say,' btc_ist' . So my worker name is a number and use name is 'btc_ist' for this example. What I want to understand is I will replace 3000.pimp with 32990.btc_ist  .Is that tue?

2 the seccond pool is a backup pool if pool 1 would go down it would switch to that pool in your case switch out the 2 pool urls so that the eu and the us are switched ( then you will mine on the eu server of that pool )

ii)I know that the second pool is a backup pool incase of pool connection problems.What I want to learn is , 'are there any alternative pools other than miningrigrentals.com?'.

3 when you still have problems with setting up a account on miningrigrentals or have any other question please after christmass join our chat and then there is always someone who will help you .

iii)The channel is always active and there is always a mod to answer, however the questions and answers are always same.In the forums we can re read and analyze the problems experienced before.They are like the case studies and we do not waste our and your time.

I can not talk in the name of other users but I personally prefer late answering forum to a live help.You are doing a good job with Pimp.I am hearing the softwares name from my surrounding circle.

I could not understand how to use myminingrig.com as proxy for mining so I decided to switch to us1.ethermine.com. I am not a native english speaker and my English is not enough to express myself. I have taken a screen shot and I believe someone can understand and give me an naswer.

https://s29.postimg.org/unkd3sfkn/Screenshot_from_2016_12_25_08_33_01.png

My question is in two parts,

1)should I use .pimp after my zcash wallet at 'user line'?

2)What are the other pool options for sgminer.zcash.conf?

hello
let me help you out here

you are able to change that to what you like (this is called your worker name)

3 when you still have problems with setting up a account on miningrigrentals or have any other question please after christmass join our chat and then there is always someone who will help you

thanks for mining with pimp and we are glad to have you all
sgminer v5 and sph-sgminer HuhHuh? Gablay which is the one we are supposed to use? I need other options.I am located in Serbia so I need a pool with European server. I could not understand how to set up an account at miningrigrentals.com? Can you check the photo?Does the settings seem to be true?

Thanks in advance.
I could not understand how to use myminingrig.com as proxy for mining so I decided to switch to us1.ethermine.com. I am not a native english speaker and my English is not enough to express myself. I have taken a screen shot and I believe someone can understand and give me an naswer.

https://s29.postimg.org/unkd3sfkn/Screenshot_from_2016_12_25_08_33_01.png

My question is in two parts,

1)should I use .pimp after my zcash wallet at 'user line'?

2)What are the other pool options for sgminer.zcash.conf?
Well the Christmas and new year mood is on.I have updated my version.With the firs version I could only mine xmr with sgfminer with forced start.I will try it ASAP and give feedback.Have a happy new year.

PS:I would like an option to allow (or not) mods monitor and modify our rigs.This special help can be done for an affordable fee.
I could get into this. It sounds much easier than what I do now.. Download the exe miner, configure it for pools etc. go. I'm gonna go download this and see how well it works. I'll report back later.

thanks Drowzy for your support

if there are any questions you can always join our irc and we can help you if you get stuck
we also have some nice vids up now to get you on your way and a complete guide that helps

hope to cya in the chat

dbct
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
ZZzzzzzzz..
I could get into this. It sounds much easier than what I do now.. Download the exe miner, configure it for pools etc. go. I'm gonna go download this and see how well it works. I'll report back later.
UPDATE:
PiMP rc10 Released to the crypto miners Dec 22 2016! Claymore/Optiminer Zcash updates!!!
https://getpimp.org/pimp-rc10-updates/

See you on IRC miners! Come join the fun and mine some crypto!
heya all you pimps out there

a good reminder to all of you
if you want to get involved with pimp now is your chance
we are currently expanding in our test team department
you can fill in the first form via https://goo.gl/forms/JVT1AMXMf5cgmMZ92

dbct
Guys, we can mine zcash at coinotron Smiley Super....

Thank you for supporting PiMP.

Yes, I believe we cover all of the major pools now for each algorithms. We try to put 1-3 example pools in each default conf file, to make it easier.

If you have any settings or pools that are working very good for you, or hashrates, share them here!
Guys, we can mine zcash at coinotron Smiley Super....
Hey PiMPs thanks for helping each other out. In the meantime, the testers and I have been working up more guides for you.

Here is the guide on editing confs so far: https://getpimp.org/how-to-edit-and-tune-your-miner-confs-the-fastest-and-easiest-way/
Here is some more about minerfarm: https://getpimp.org/what-is-miner-farm/

Pictures and videos to follow... You can view our actual tracker for pimp marketing and website here: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/1174064

Please let me know what videos and guides pimps want and we'll make them for you!  Smiley
hello fella pimpers

Thanks for your support of our product and we always try to help and make our product work better for all of you so thanks for the feedback given.

We at pimp are working on new docs and vids just for you to get you started even more easy
Also we do encourage people to join our irc for a chat and for support this because it works as a better support platform then a forum
The mrr proxy is just that via that site it is redirected towards a pool out of the box, you will need to adjust the conf to your own pool.
About the question about the auto start just 5 seconds ago rebooted my rigg to check , when it fully loaded it directly started mining.
I have some profiles made in the minerfarm agent though ( this is reachable by typing minerfarm in your terminal) for sgminer-gm.
When the rigg reboot it does auto start that first id ,in my case this was the eth config it started and started running directly.
But i will look into this after i am back and able to sit behind a behind a pc again.

BTC_ISTANBUL

We are constantly making the pimp better and making allot of improvements everyday, so that being sayed thanks for your feedback and thanks for your support this helps us allot in making the pimp even better
The question about the asics like gridseed thanks for that comment and we will look into this

we do have cgminer-4.3-gridseed and bfgminer integrated in our software

thanks for all the feedback and comments we will do our best to make pimp even more accessible for all the miners out there.
your support and feedback help allot with this.

dbct
It is very usefull to share case studies about Pimp.We are facing the same problems, and ask the similar questions at the channel at different times.When it is written at the forum then there is resource that you can search and find what you are looking for.After your mail and PM I have started my Pimp for a short time and yes, it is hashing.I am mining zcash at the mpment .The forced command for zcash and/or ether would be very useful.I have also edited nearly all the confs but miningrig.....

I have also receieved your PM about MMR.I am working on it.If I can succeed I will share a video on it, if you succeed earlier pls do share the video.
About asic mining with gridseed I am totally ignorant.

Pls. also send the electronic parts like mobos, server psus I can repair them.
Gablay, if you get the manually forced codes for zcash and ether pls share here.I do not want to waste time to find the correct combinations.Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: