Pages:
Author

Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459 - page 3. (Read 62220 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I've been following this story for quite a while now, and I was hoping to ask: is he in prison yet? If not, how has he avoided the law for so long?
donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
BrightAnarchist: You had said something previously about knowing 'with near certainty' that pirateat40 has 10% of the coins left. Any info on that?

I was just following the coins from the deposit addresses. They move in a very bizarre manner, not like normal transactions, but more like deliberate laundering. Basically, one address moves coins sequentially from one address to another (very rapidly, looks scripted), and after each hop a very tiny amount of coins is split off into another address. After hundreds of hops it finally gets to the point where the coins reach 0 and a "leaf" is found. Then all of the tiny addresses recombine later into large accounts.

Here are some of the stashes, you can follow your nose from input addresses to reach these points:

This one has 40K BTC in it:
https://blockchain.info/address/1BqcwhKevdBKeos72b8E32Swjrp4iDVnjP

Another big one with about 7K BTC, coins are still moving (it's ALIVE!):
https://blockchain.info/address/1NuTLFADAHJZqUQ9ogAqroCzDhsGjV5vyE

Again, inputs from BTCST can be directly traced here, and the path definitely does not look like a series of "natural" transactions, but definitely deliberate laundering. Walk the chain yourself, it's boring but you'll see what I mean pretty quick.

I guess we can't be 100% certain though I suppose, so I apologize if saying that was too hasty, but honestly what's the point of a scam if there's no profit? He's got something (although certainly not 500K lol). It's just common sense.
Activity: 180
mistaken for gribble since 2011
BrightAnarchist: You had said something previously about knowing 'with near certainty' that pirateat40 has 10% of the coins left. Any info on that?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
I'd say the chances of him repaying are about as likely as me jumping 10 stories high (hey, Trendon can do it! really!)

I can jump higher than a 10 story building.

(How many 10 story buildings do you know that can even jump at all?)
Activity: 164
Look ARROUND!
I believe most of this, if not all.
donator

So has there been any news on the original thread?

assuming no one else has been repaid.

Guys, it was a scam from day one. I've got all the confirmation I need on this. I'll be posting a larger update soon.

Have you decided against the larger update? I was expecting a smoking gun of some sort.

Bah, I'm busy with moving on with my life right now. But I should give up the info:

Basically I had a long chat with his last employer, who is a great guy but flat out told me that Trendon is a total con man. He stole money from the company (The Lending Partners) in a wide variety of ways. He headed up IT there and routed orders through his "personal" account, which was just a trick for him to skim off the top of all the orders. Eventually he started charging pirated software, and then ultimately just made up reams of fake orders to steal directly from the company. He ended up stealing tens of thousands before they figured it all out. Unfortunately, before they figured it out, he had also borrowed about 13K from the company's owner (apparently he was very convincing, and sometimes did bizarre "random acts of kindness" and was "charming" when necessary), and when he finally threatened Trendon with legal action Trendon just told him that he was planning on declaring bankruptcy and that he had no assets - so they dropped the case.

The guy is a compulsive liar with a massive fantasy-based ego as well. Before they fired him, they noticed he would say all kinds of bullshit like that he went to MIT for a year (fake), he was a pool hustler (he could barely play), an amazing blackjack player (barely knew anything), as basketball superstar (could barely play) etc, etc. It got to the point where he lied so much that everyone in the office thought it was almost funny: they'd say "what'd Trendon make up this week?"

He even asked the owner for 2 million at one point, telling him he could turn it into 3 million in ~one week~ - but he wouldn't tell him any details, including who it would go to or anything! When I told him about btcst and what is going on, he said not only was he not surprised, but he said along the lines of "this was where it had to go because he just can't help himself, he has to feed his ego. He's a con man, it's who he is." He called the delays/excuses "classic Trendon" and said he pulled the exact same shit when he was asked to repay the company.

I suppose a die-hard would say my conversation is not 100% proof that btcst was a scam, but after hearing this character reference from a trustworthy source, combined with everything else that has happened, I'd say the chances of him repaying are about as likely as me jumping 10 stories high (hey, Trendon can do it! really!)

Too bad they didn't get him the first time. It would have saved a lot of people a lot of pain and loss.
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

Guys, it was a scam from day one. I've got all the confirmation I need on this. I'll be posting a larger update soon.

Have you decided against the larger update? I was expecting a smoking gun of some sort.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

When was day one?

Before he even started. It was premeditated.
I'm not surprised. I came to the same conclusion back in June, I think. Of course, you have more information to work from.
donator

When was day one?

Before he even started. It was premeditated.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250

When was day one?
donator

Activity: 164
Look ARROUND!
You'll never see a refund
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
  Cry
Activity: 467

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
I have shared pic's. Not public though... Smiley
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Does anyone have trouble with 'show new replies to your posts'? Every thread I have ever posted in shows up, and doesnt go away after I 'check' them
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0
Activity: 467

I'm sure there's another thread, but Oct 12th come and gone... assuming no news, no surprise.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
People still holding their breath for Pirate to repay?

It will happen when we will have a sort of Bitcoin-Batman committed to extrajudicially punish the scammers and recover the booty.
Maybe it's time to collect a bounty for such kind of super-hero, or we could agree to pay him a nice cut of what he recovers.

Wow I'm glad there's no nipples on that batman's epic pec armor lol. 
wait... Batman?

oh, right, I see him now...

somehow, I didn't even notice the first time I looked at it... wierd...

-- Smoov

If you took your eyes off Batman long enough, you would have noticed the grammatical error in the blue sign. See it! Hint: 8th line.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

My wife is just as yummy as that chic... I'm good Smiley

Pics?

Agreed.
Tits or GTFO.

Wink

This is the second time he's not follow through with showing pics of his wife(?). The first is when he promised me her on the hood of his pink Prius singing MHALL.
legendary
Activity: 1498

My wife is just as yummy as that chic... I'm good Smiley

He can't make a statement like that and not deliver!
Pages:
Jump to: