Pages:
Author

Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459 - page 10. (Read 62220 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Nah, Pirate got pissed at BitVPS performance at one point and moved everything to SoftLayer. 
I heard it was because BitVPS operators got nosy and saw how many coins he had.  Could be wrong though.

Loaded Wallets are generally not kept on a VPS.

~DonShrents
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
This is an very interesting hypothesis. I've been wondering why pirate didn't attempt to hide his RL identity if he was intentionally running a massive ponzi. Surely he didn't expect that he would be able to just walk away with the cash and there would be no RL repercussions. But if he was operating a Zeek passthrough, then he may well not have realized that it (Zeek) was a ponzi, assuming he's bad at math. But if there's one thing we've learnt from this fiasco it's that a lot of seemingly intelligent  people are really bad at math.

It also explains why he tried to keep the BTC price down, which does not fit with the default straight-up ponzi theory.

The only gotcha I see is that under this theory it makes less sense for him to restrict or decline deposits, as he apparently did at times. Does anyone know whether Zeek restricted deposits early on?

I agree with Brunic that we need to look closely at Zeek's history for further confirmation or contradiction.

P.S. Perhaps a mod can split this conversation off into a new topic?

Early on this makes sense because he might have not been as deep as he is now so he could easily decline deposits.

As the scam grew he couldn't lose face by not making a payout or restricting deposit withdraws, so he continued to pay retarded amounts of interest weekly.

If you notice in late July he posted up that he was lifting the requirement for referrals to deposit which opened up to everyone who wanted to participate. This was my cue that pirate was getting short on bitcoins and that if a few large investors decided to cash out at the same time he would not be able to deliver.

Hence that is what happened.

The way I see it is that all PPTs should be held responsible for investor funds that are not returned and possibly the interest that could be due on it since it is out of their hands and in the hands of a douche named pirate that they gave it to.

PPT's you all profited from the business scam and should be held accountable for paying back your investors that submitted funds to you that were sent to pirate.

I can feel the backpedaling starting to accelerate and the denial and attempts to retort what I have said here.

On the other hand if I'm not mistaken some PPTs did say that if pirate defaults then the loss is on the investor. I know Coblee said this. So that is the other side of the argument.

At the very least the PPTs should all get like a "dumbass" tag or maybe a "don't listen to me because I may help you lose your money" tag.

Cheesy
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Nah, Pirate got pissed at BitVPS performance at one point and moved everything to SoftLayer. 
I heard it was because BitVPS operators got nosy and saw how many coins he had.  Could be wrong though.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
When I see a deposit in the address of bitcoinmax, then I will recover my faith.

19kEo3qmuUdAQb1Q7VZhRwahw5v3NSZCeW
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
Busy watching MIB3
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
So where are these 23 people who have been paid?
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
I can also 100% vouch for grubles when he says he hasn't been paid as our finances are 'intertwined'
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
We sent him packing, he wasn't the most pleasant customer to deal with.

I stand corrected.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
We sent him packing, he wasn't the most pleasant customer to deal with.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
So, you don't think that grubles (doesn't he run BitVPS ?, who hosts GPUMAX ?) who left a positive 10 feedback on 2012-08-31 18:43:28 hasn't been paid yet ?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=pirateat40

~DonShrents

Nah, Pirate got pissed at BitVPS performance at one point and moved everything to SoftLayer.  Then again, getting the facts right when trolling isn't necessary.  This will also be labelled a post defending pirate, I'm sure, but in fact, its not.  Instead, its vouching for both grubles and rg, who both run a damned fine company and if grubles says he hasn't been paid.. he hasn't been paid.  Try harder.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
So, you don't think that grubles (doesn't he run BitVPS ?, who hosts GPUMAX ?) who left a positive 10 feedback on 2012-08-31 18:43:28 hasn't been paid yet ?

~DonShrents

Bitlane.... is that you?
legendary

~DonShrents
Link to where he's come forward claiming that he's been paid?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

~DonShrents
legendary
Bullfuck. Not ONE of the 24 accounts has come forward to verify they've been paid.  Maybe they just don't have an account on the forum *cough*

Edit: Oh I see what Smoothie did thar!
legendary
This is a complete shit-show. All this speculation is now making a joke of the situation.
I am sure there are 1001 reasons and coincidences......NONE of which have anything to do with the other.

Keep this in mind:
Trendon had said his Clients wanted all dealings to become revealed once money was paid back and business was closed.
Anyone care to make any connections with that info ? speculate a bit more ?......GIVE IT A REST.

So are you going to get paid?
legendary
HEY GUYS LOOK PIRATE HAS PAID 24 ACCOUNTS NOW....LOOK ^ I CHANGED IT FROM 23 TO 24...SEE SO HE MUST HAVE PAID IT RIGHT?

LOL...ON PAPER IT MEANS NOTHING.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Firstbits : 1Hannes
Surely he didn't expect that he would be able to just walk away with the cash and there would be no RL repercussions.

I think that's exactly what he expected. In the past there have been no repercussions for bitcoin theft, no reason to expect some now.

Maybe. Personally I wouldn't gamble with the safety of my family like that for all the money in the world.

Deranged people are not in short supply in this community.

Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
Surely he didn't expect that he would be able to just walk away with the cash and there would be no RL repercussions.

I think that's exactly what he expected. In the past there have been no repercussions for bitcoin theft, no reason to expect some now.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Firstbits : 1Hannes
This is an very interesting hypothesis. I've been wondering why pirate didn't attempt to hide his RL identity if he was intentionally running a massive ponzi. Surely he didn't expect that he would be able to just walk away with the cash and there would be no RL repercussions. But if he was operating a Zeek passthrough, then he may well not have realized that it (Zeek) was a ponzi, assuming he's bad at math. But if there's one thing we've learnt from this fiasco it's that a lot of seemingly intelligent  people are really bad at math.

It also explains why he tried to keep the BTC price down, which does not fit with the default straight-up ponzi theory.

The only gotcha I see is that under this theory it makes less sense for him to restrict or decline deposits, as he apparently did at times. Does anyone know whether Zeek restricted deposits early on?

I agree with Brunic that we need to look closely at Zeek's history for further confirmation or contradiction.

P.S. Perhaps a mod can split this conversation off into a new topic?
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Here is hes Zeek account number: 26467-786536-29-87428377

Call Zeeks secret investors hotline, press 2, wait for the beep and key in: 26467-786536-29-87428377
I know it's long but Zeek people care more about security than bitcoin exchanges and web-wallets do.

Tongue

Pages:
Jump to: