Pages:
Author

Topic: Plagiarism vs AI Posting - page 4. (Read 901 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
March 16, 2023, 01:37:36 AM
Does it therefore lie in the hands of campaign managers to curtail the usage of AI in making posts in the forum?

If Plagiarism leads to ban, why is AI posting not leading to a ban?

Considering that any post(s), that is not well connected in meaning with a flowing conversation can be regarded as a spam. I therefore suggest that the forum make an overall rule against AI posting.

Else a board should be created for AI posting where signature does not display, incase we don't want to fight a fast evolving technology.
It will depends on each campaign manager if they're want to accept AI generated post or not.

If the AI generated post is fall to off topic or spam, then the post should be deleted, most of the time moderators will not ban a user who's creating off topic or spam post. Since AI generated post is come from multiple sources, there's should be a chance the post has some similarity with the other post and it will cause him to get banned if someone discover it, just like this one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61761161

Do you think user who use AI will post in AI board where signature isn't visible? nope, because the reason why they're using AI is to make quick post to earn money where it's need signature is visible.
Activity: 462
Merit: 472
March 16, 2023, 01:22:47 AM
I am aware that many schools in the US and other European countries have banned the use of chatGPT to carryout assignment or projects. Infact using them can lead to expulsion in some institutions. And they are considering increasing the use of oral and written assignment and reducing take home tests. Using AI is not plagiarism because the these machines ensure they don't copy the exact words of the owner of the work but  it is cheating. I know the forum have a rule on plagiarism that is well spelt out, except the leaders of the forum includes laws on the use of chatGPT members will keep using them. I always respect members that spend their time to discover these bot post and report them.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
March 16, 2023, 01:02:52 AM
Most topics in the forum are pretty lame anyway. You don't need the AI's opinion on those. When you are about to make a post on a serious matter, you can ask chatGPT's opinion, understand it and then repost it with your own sentences. Nobody will really notice that they are talking to an AI bot. But I think you don't need to take this forum that seriously. There isn't anything to gain. Even if you come up with the most sensible answers to the most serious questions, nobody will care.

Right now people are using chatgpt to make posts without being smart. They ask a question and copy/paste the answer without making any modifications to it. That's because people who use chatGPT to make posts don't know much of a Engrish in the first place.

It is like giving a monkey a machine gun. A soldier can use a machine gun effectively and kill lots of enemies but in the hands of a monkey you don't know who is going to be the next target because the monkey has no brains to use the gun effectively. He will just randomly press any buttons he can, shoot anything he can, sometimes himself too  Grin... No aim needed.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
March 16, 2023, 01:02:00 AM
chatGPT is very popular for creating content for youtube and article blogs because it generates free not plagiarized articles and the thing is Google loves AI-generated articles it is based on their algo on how they check unique articles and I heard once Google develop software that can detect AI generated articles I'm sure they will outrank YouTube contents and blogs that mostly use generated articles.
AI content is not crimes like plagiarism. Plagiarism means stealing someone's writing.  But the artificial intelligence of AI creates a content in its own way.  But AI can never create any new words, it collects information from Google or any other source, converts it into its own content with own strategy  and presents it to the customer. However, this forum declared AI posts not acceptable and added rules that no campaign  manager would accept AI posts and anyone using them would be kicked out of the campaign.  But I haven't seen any information that accounts will be banned for AI posts like Plagarism.  So of course AI content is less of a crime than plagiarism for this forum
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
March 16, 2023, 12:51:00 AM
-snip-
Does it therefore lie in the hands of campaign managers to curtail the usage of AI in making posts in the forum?

Since catching this kind of behavior is difficult, it frankly requires awareness of the campaign participants even if there are no implicit rules. After all, the consequences of AI misuse will not only affect reputation, but account ban. So it should be avoided as much as possible regardless of being a campaign participant or not.

-snip-
Else a board should be created for AI posting where signature does not display, incase we don't want to fight a fast evolving technology.

I doubt it's needed. To get AI answers like Chat GPT doesn't really need special access for now, so users can actually do it themselves if they want to know something.
Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!
March 15, 2023, 09:17:30 PM
Well, responding to a thread should be based on an individual's own opinion (what they know and what they think) and not just what an AI bot generates; it may be partially authentic or unplagiarized, but the fact is that it's not original. Plegarisim is high-offense both in the forum and outside. I remember when I did my project work in school, in my theory writings, my supervisor had to do a plagiarism check, which I successfully passed. My opinion is that those members that use AI to post should not be banned; instead, let all campaign managers introduce the law that Royse initiated so that every forum member that is wearing a signature and using AI to make their posts be disqualified and restricted from joining signature for some weeks. Also, members posting with AI tools should not be allowed to join signature campaigns. Campaign managers should make it a practice to check users posts for AI content before accepting them into their campaigns; at least that will encourage more self-expression and original content. This is just my opinion, though.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
March 15, 2023, 08:27:01 PM
chatGPT is very popular for creating content for youtube and article blogs because it generates free not plagiarized articles and the thing is Google loves AI-generated articles it is based on their algo on how they check unique articles and I heard once Google develop software that can detect AI generated articles I'm sure they will outrank YouTube contents and blogs that mostly use generated articles.

It's not a crime but a fraud so I think AI generated shouldn't be counted on the campaign and the forum should have a strict rule about using AI because it can affect the forum in the future once they develop software to outrank who use AI generated text.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
March 15, 2023, 07:54:00 PM
Plagiarism:
Everyone knows that Plagiarism is a crime even outside this forum. Plagiarism is frowned at in higher institutions and its consequences could be imprisonment or paying huge fine unlike the forum where the ultimate punishment for plagiarism is permanent ban.

AI posting
With the increased adoption of chatGPT, which I am personally seeing to outsmart google in just a few years, I cannot say that the use of AI is a crime.

But in the jurisdiction of Bitcointalk, do you think using bots to make or generate posts is ethical or should be acceptable?

Well, I think my answer is NO.

The essence of banning plagerists should be because of cheating, users copying others work to appear more intelligent than they are.
And the severity of the punishment is heavy when the plagiarist wear paid signatures.

If plagiarism (using others work without referencing) is a crime in this forum. It therefore means that AI posting (deceiving people to reply to automated codes thinking it's their fellow human) should also be a crime.

I can say that some campaign managers agree that it is cheating and that is why Royse777 introduced this rule

To prevent AI domination effective from today we are introducing an incentive for forum users. Find AI written posts on this campaign
and report to me either in public or in forum PM, please be sure you have enough reference to support the claim. For successful report
the reporter will receive the weekly payment instead of the accused campaigner. The campaigner will be removed immediately.

Also stake.com manager Carollzinha updated similar rule in her rules
 Posts being generated by AI will not count for your current payment & may cause you to be removed from the campaign with no pay

In both cases, the punishment of the managers is to kick the defaulting participants out of the campaign.

Considering that any post(s), that is not well connected in meaning with a flowing conversation can be regarded as a spam. I therefore suggest that the forum make an overall rule against AI posting.

Pages:
Jump to: