Pages:
Author

Topic: planning for down market - page 11. (Read 1222 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 0
June 15, 2018, 08:42:39 PM
when market is going down what strategy you adopt??? like some people will sell or may be buy , some will hold or may be convert btc in usd.
i would like to know from all of you about your planning/ strategy.

If the market would keep on going down for the next few days I'm just gonna buy more and more cryptocurrencies. To hedge my risks of losses because of the decline in the market. There's no way that the market does not go up.
Activity: 95
June 15, 2018, 08:40:41 PM
Trading coin for usd when the price is down is a huge mistake that must be avoided, fluctuation in price means alot in cryptocurrency
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
June 15, 2018, 08:36:24 PM
when market is going down what strategy you adopt??? like some people will sell or may be buy , some will hold or may be convert btc in usd.

Usually when the market is in red, I like to buy a lot of coins that in my radar for the last couple of days. So I try to accumulate as many as I can and hold on it. Also I see to it that I don't sell at this time, just because others are offloading doesn't mean you will do the same. Besides, we all know that you are not losing money if you continue to hold, and it won't hurt your portfolio.

I guess I got immune already. I'm not saying that I'm not affected, of course its our nature to get frustrated seeing our portfolio down because of the current bloodbath, but I always remains in the positive. We have seen this many times, market dip, people panic and sell, and then once it recovers, they regret their decisions. I don't want to be that guy. So I stay calm and wait till everything settles down.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
June 15, 2018, 08:34:58 PM
What I do when the market is down is to stay calm, it will surely rise back in time, most importantly we are patient when HODL, and if it can to buy because it does not mean the market is declining is a bad situation but also our opportunity to buy.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
June 15, 2018, 08:32:45 PM
if we already have assets when the market is down then we have to hold. if you do not have an asset, this is a chance to buy it.
Some other person would be okay with selling off those assets after confirmation that price was indeed headed downward and then lay ambush for good entry points to buy again and ride the wave up again.It's worth the note that  Hodling is nor fail-proof and as a matter of fact, there abound hodlers here who are lost what to do having lost over 50% of their investment!
Activity: 256
June 15, 2018, 08:21:19 PM

I most of cases i track the market and when BTC reach ATH i sell and be wait to correction. I sold on 10000$ and bought on 6100$ once again and now I bought some alts using BTC.
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
June 15, 2018, 08:03:21 PM
Personally I am going to work on not checking the market every day.  No need and it just brings worry.  Maybe once every couple weeks check to see if we are at a potential floor but trying to time it with any more granularity than that is just gambling unless you are super skilled.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
June 15, 2018, 08:00:51 PM
if we already have assets when the market is down then we have to hold. if you do not have an asset, this is a chance to buy it.
Activity: 518
June 15, 2018, 07:58:15 PM
when almost all coin prices in the market decline, there is no strategy other than we have to hold a few moments of coins we have until the price will go back up again, and for example we still have the capital to buy it, we buy again with the price of coins that are currently down and cheaper than we bought yesterday, as for someone who sells some altcoin they have, because the person is panicked and it will hurt himself, if we can, do not make a sale when all the coin prices we have down.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
June 15, 2018, 07:56:34 PM
That's wrong to sell if the market is down, you're like selling at loss if you recently bought in during the market high or when the color of the charts are green. But there are traders who are selling during the market down because they can't think of the recovery of those coins and they mostly giving up so they just sell it. What I do is just watch the market and when it goes down, if I have some money to invest then I buy but if there's none. I won't do something but only holding.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
June 15, 2018, 07:55:58 PM
I'm holding when the market is down because I'm gonna loose my investments badly if I do that. I also buy alts when the market is down because the prices are way cheaper.
Activity: 896
Merit: 10
June 15, 2018, 07:51:18 PM

For me when the market is down i will just hold the coins i have in my wallet, if i say i am not affected at all by the market movement at all i am not telling you the truth. As i got confidence in the future of crypto so i am not very affected in the market movement.
Activity: 57
June 15, 2018, 07:47:01 PM

Well my usual trading strategy is buying some altcoins just for future speculation (SNTR, SHOP, Endor are a few) - these coins I move to BTC/ETH right away.

However, the altcoins that are actually worth holding, aka coins like Ambrosus or BNB, I simply hold and do nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1166
🤩Finally Married🤩
June 15, 2018, 07:44:34 PM
Quote from: rahul7timt
when market is going down what strategy you adopt?

Well, as for me, I don't have any alternative strategy for this, for it is the best chance to hold more tokens with a low price.I'm a bit patient when times like this come into the mean time..
Activity: 238
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
June 15, 2018, 07:45:23 PM
Reducing the rate on the market is one thing that no one wants. But you need to calm down and analyze the market when the exchange rate drops, do not panic sell that will surely make you lose. Normally, if the exchange rate falls rapidly, the safest way is to exchange all the cryptos to USDT and hodl until the exchange rate reaches the bottom and invest in it. It's my strategy!
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
June 15, 2018, 07:42:17 PM
If you trade short positions, you can use stop-loss. If you trade for long then the main thing is not to sell at a loss.
Activity: 350
June 15, 2018, 07:32:07 PM
my plan this month is because the market is suffering big enough I bought Altcoin quite a lot I bought Ethereum and Neo, I will keep it until the end of the year because of the possibility of market will be back as stable at the end of the year until the beginning of the year.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
June 15, 2018, 06:36:40 PM
When the market price was down, the first thing I did was to calm down and watch the exchange rate to find out why the exchange rate fell so fast. Then rely on the actual situation will decide whether to sell cryptos or hold until the market rates recover. Normally, I would hold because the cryptos I invested were all potential.
Activity: 196
June 15, 2018, 06:35:42 PM
when the market goes down my strategy is to sell my coins to then buy at a lower price.
Activity: 221
June 15, 2018, 06:33:37 PM
The best strategy when the market goes down is to hold with patience and wait for the market to go up again, because selling when the red market is a disadvantage. If you still have the capital, the market down would be a good time to increase the amount of investment, holding and waiting for price increases to be a step to be taken.
Pages:
Jump to: