Pages:
Author

Topic: planning for down market - page 6. (Read 1222 times)

Activity: 563
Merit: 101
July 24, 2018, 07:46:10 AM
I used the bear market to study and learn from mistakes, and ultimately, prepare for the next bull.

If you do or are doing the same, you'll be fine long-term. Adoption has not happened yet. But it will. We are early.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 24, 2018, 05:32:43 AM
At the point when economic situations crypto showcase is declining better don't think much to make the most suitable exchanging methodology in light of the fact that in actuality just a single technique is most proper when economic situations like that is make a buy or begin to enter the market to contribute, the reason is on account of it might be later on will come we won't see economic situations with the cost of crypto as shabby as now.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
July 23, 2018, 07:24:56 AM
Mostly my strategy is the same, when the market is falling I just wait for it to fall further and when it seems like the price has bottomed out and is starting to regulate at a particular position then I buy in wait for the next recovery. Selling during a down market is really not an option for me, I don't make my living off of cryptos so I can afford to hold my coins and wait for the long run.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
July 20, 2018, 08:26:07 PM
when market is going down what strategy you adopt??? like some people will sell or may be buy , some will hold or may be convert btc in usd.
i would like to know from all of you about your planning/ strategy.
If the market is down, the best thing for you to do ia to hold your coins so.that youc an gain a lot of profit when you sell it when the market recovers.
I think it is appropriate if you buy a coin when the price drops,
for example you buy bitcoin at 6000 $ and now become 7000 $ you already get profit 1000 $
Activity: 126
July 20, 2018, 08:17:11 PM
I usually don't keep any of my trades overnight and especially don't over the weekend. I also set very smalls goals for myself regardless of how much people or analysts may think an alt will go up by. Day trading on an hourly basis has proven to work for me and also minimizes risk so I stick with this strategy.

Also, for times like this where the market is red for consecutive days or even at times where my luck is just terrible, I just take a break. Trading is a skill, you're not always going to read the market well.
Activity: 28
July 20, 2018, 08:14:19 PM
If anybody in this group knew how to time the market correctly to that degree they wouldn't be here. They would be flying their Gulfstream jet to their private island for the winter. And they sure as hell wouldn't be telling anyone else how to do it.

For me when the bull market starts getting old I just accumulate more btc as opposed to buying more altcoins. But I never sell a good alt. I just wait for more buying opportunities.
Activity: 378
July 20, 2018, 08:11:40 PM
when market is going down what strategy you adopt??? like some people will sell or may be buy , some will hold or may be convert btc in usd.

This is a golden opportunity for us to invest long-term in the world of cryptocurrency. Many Altcoins have good projects that are undervalued. I suggest for all of us, select at least 20 quality altcoins, and keep at least up to 3 - 10 years ahead.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
July 09, 2018, 02:22:12 PM
the best strategy is to dump the big coins that you have been bag holding and then moving on to the good smaller shitcoins that are getting pumped. enjoy their moment of fame and then moving on to the next pumping coin to constantly make profit.
I see someone getting doubly and thoroughly burnt by following your suggestions to move from well established cryptocurrencies to shitcoins! In this business of buying and selling of digital assets, patience is such an indispensable virtue, those that fail to have it, almost always end up running from pillar to post. A right thing to do is to continue HODLING, having held it thus far, until price reverses and which is most likely as long as it's one of the main cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
June 18, 2018, 06:52:17 AM
We still need to wait and buy more, because the market will still return to growth, it's certainly a matter of time, but I would not sell!
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
June 18, 2018, 06:50:12 AM
I have told this countless times. It is a bad move to dump your coins when the market is in a vulnerable state. It is not a smart decision and it will just show how restless you are. Always be patient and wait for the values to rise because they will for sure after a period of time. So HODL all the way and never give up.

You sure about that? Was it not smart to sell when it dumped from 20k to 15k? Holding forever is the best way to lose 90% of your money, looking at the price tank everyday can't be healthy mentally, unless you can afford it. I would not hold cryptos for more than a few weeks, months at most.

You both are right in fact. Indeed, when the price is high and you haven't yet lost too much or stay in the green territory yet, it makes perfect sense to close your position as fast as possible (when the prices start to crash), even if it means losing something. But if you already lost like 90% of your investment, closing your position under these circumstances doesn't make sense unless you urgently need money. Losing the rest would not be a big deal anyway already, but if you choose to sell, there is no way back, no matter how you look at it.

Well, you should never allow your investment to lose 90% of its value. People always say, don't sell, it will eventually comeback but the crypto does not "know" what you paid, nor does it care. If the market enters a big downtrend like this one, it would be a good idea to sell even at 90% loss. You shouldn't judge the moment to sell or buy by the amount of money lost or won, you should judge it by how the market is acting.

Trends tend to persist, last time it was a few years, imagine a few years of downtrend right now, it could go to 1k, who knows.

I see your point but I still disagree that you should necessarily sell when your investments have already lost most of their value. Of course, you should have sold a way earlier than now but this is another question. But if we are talking about major currencies like BTC, ETH, LTC, etc, it is unlikely that they are going to kick the bucket any time soon. So what's the point of selling them right now when it may in fact be worth considering to buy even more (just kidding)?

As an aside, even if you had bought bitcoins at 20k, you would have lost only like 70% of your invested capital by now. Losing 90% would mean prices around 2k. Do you still think it would make sense selling bitcoins at prices this low?
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
June 18, 2018, 05:06:45 AM
If I have investment and suddenly market fall, I usually HODL. Because nothing will be good with panic. Rather I try to know the reasons and what would be its impact in the market. But if I have no investment on that time, I do analysis and try to trace the one which would be profitable in coming days.

holding is the best way forward in my experience with crypto. It keep falling down and then it grows back up even more than before. I am very confident this will be the case again
Activity: 112
June 17, 2018, 08:13:00 PM
If I have investment and suddenly market fall, I usually HODL. Because nothing will be good with panic. Rather I try to know the reasons and what would be its impact in the market. But if I have no investment on that time, I do analysis and try to trace the one which would be profitable in coming days.
Activity: 30
June 17, 2018, 07:46:27 PM
I'm not going to plan nothing!! downtrend market must come to an end!
it's more than 3 months now. It should atop anytime soon now. We can't live with this downtrend anymore!
So please whales!! stop it!
Activity: 1610
June 17, 2018, 06:56:29 PM
This may be my strategy, if I buy at a high price I will hold it until the price rises above the buy price. If I have some money, I'll buyback because the price is currently dropping.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
June 17, 2018, 05:59:27 PM
I have told this countless times. It is a bad move to dump your coins when the market is in a vulnerable state. It is not a smart decision and it will just show how restless you are. Always be patient and wait for the values to rise because they will for sure after a period of time. So HODL all the way and never give up.

You sure about that? Was it not smart to sell when it dumped from 20k to 15k? Holding forever is the best way to lose 90% of your money, looking at the price tank everyday can't be healthy mentally, unless you can afford it. I would not hold cryptos for more than a few weeks, months at most.

You both are right in fact. Indeed, when the price is high and you haven't yet lost too much or stay in the green territory yet, it makes perfect sense to close your position as fast as possible (when the prices start to crash), even if it means losing something. But if you already lost like 90% of your investment, closing your position under these circumstances doesn't make sense unless you urgently need money. Losing the rest would not be a big deal anyway already, but if you choose to sell, there is no way back, no matter how you look at it.

Well, you should never allow your investment to lose 90% of its value. People always say, don't sell, it will eventually comeback but the crypto does not "know" what you paid, nor does it care. If the market enters a big downtrend like this one, it would be a good idea to sell even at 90% loss. You shouldn't judge the moment to sell or buy by the amount of money lost or won, you should judge it by how the market is acting.

Trends tend to persist, last time it was a few years, imagine a few years of downtrend right now, it could go to 1k, who knows.
Activity: 565
Merit: 268
Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent
June 17, 2018, 05:48:12 PM
Never sell your coins if you are down big time. Try to stay calm and staying away from all this for a couple of days is even better. But if you are a day trader then market in red is a great opportunity to make a couple of bucks off of some altcoins.
Activity: 361
Merit: 101
June 17, 2018, 05:38:11 PM
Mostly-holding, this is my main strategy. Hold till the market goes back in normal again. During that I can sell some amount of coins just to get fast money. Thats it.
Activity: 61
June 17, 2018, 05:36:32 PM
if you decide to sell, then only with a profit, otherwise you just need to keep it.  Together with this you can buy while the market below.  and of course it's necessary to increase the number of coins on the waves of the market.
Activity: 238
June 17, 2018, 03:24:41 PM
If you believe in the growth of the price of the crypto currency, then the only correct strategy in the falling market is to increase your crypto portfolio.
My plan is to wait. I will buy more ethereum if I have capital. Hope the market will return soon.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 03:16:27 PM
To collect more altcoin by joining in any bounty program, and trying to hold for long period, or maybe buy some alt that have potential and hoping one of this days that have more profit.
Pages:
Jump to: