Pages:
Author

Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency - page 23. (Read 27244 times)

Activity: 340
Merit: 10
I think it will not happen. fiat is still very good and important in everyday life. Many places in the world and many still don't have internet access. What will they be? crypto is only suitable for young people it is not suitable for the elderly.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
In my opinion, fiat will disappear if it isnt needed anymore and there is a better way of doing transactions, but if not, then it will not disappear, as we go developing our technology, I think we will reach the point where everything is gonna be made new, and when that comes, I think fiat or paper money is gonna be eliminated as well.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
The fiat currency will not die, as long as there is a country, the legal currency will exist!
The fiat currency will continue to perform its functions for a long time to come!
The legal currency is only slowly converted into digital currency, from banknotes to digital currency!
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Lol, nobody can eliminate fiat currency.  Fiat currency will not vanished, they just going digital/electronic due to cashless trend on every modern transactions.
Activity: 70
Merit: 4
Removing fiat is what will happen. But not now. There are still many backward places compared to the rest of the world. So we want to eliminate fiat, we need some time to be able to universalize bitcoin widely.
Activity: 504
From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
Fiat is very usable and important in our daily life. We cannot eliminate fiat because there are still so many people who don't know about cryptocurrency. So fiat will still remain for a long time.
Activity: 181
Merit: 4
From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.

This can't never be happen by eliminating fiat money in our life, although we this generation are slightly conquered by the virtual world. Because we know that there are several rural places that didn't reach by the cryptocurrency ecosystem so we can't just eliminate fiat money. I think we should wait the right moment that the crypto world are totally regulated and already known by the whole world.
Activity: 980
Merit: 523

Yes, it will take several  time or years before fiat to be elliminated  considering other people who don't know yet about crypto because they don't have access of it no internets and no gadgets. Don't worry my friend.
Fiats cannot be eliminated, do not deceive yourself. Even if it will, it won't be this generation. There are so many places a countries in the world right now where they are secluded from the things going on in the technological space and the only thing they simply rely on is the way things are being done already.

That is even by the way, no government will ever want to give up control and one way or the other, and they will find a means to either make both the fiat and crypto space go concurrently or find a way to pull it down.
Activity: 70
It can still be used to places ,that are not urbanized wherein the internet access will not be available or no signal at all, because cryptocurrency even if it will be worldwidely used ,not all places in earth can be internet access by everybody, so fiat currency csn still be used and not totally eliminated from the circulation of money.
Activity: 476
Very true. For us to actually be globally and purely crypto currency. We should see infrastructures at a global level where in everyone could access their accounts and exchange it for goods and services. These things will take time and an insane amount of resources to do but we will eventually get there. In the mean time, fiat wil do nicely.
Activity: 168
We need cash and we will use it.

I think you don't need to worry about it, because the Fiat will not dead, the government will not let him during their there, and is not possible bitcoin will be adopted enough to overthrow the government's great. the same as we have paper money supported by gold in the past, we might get Bank will publish note supported by bitcoin in the future, and they will be easily prove that they are holding the coins with just shows their address and signed message. bitcoin physical this can then be used in places without Internet access. of course it will not be safe and unreliable like bitcoin true, but still it is the solution.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I dont know where you got your statistic most people here dealing crypto want to invest their fiat in hopes to double or tripple it via investing in btc.. Thats why we see price votality due to swings from demand and sell orders.

Well most people want to invest their fiat but i think a lot would also agree that it's inevitable to use fiat in a lot of situations right now, like what you've mentioned. Many would like to see crypto take over but they also know we can't yet go on solely on digital currencies and transactions yet.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

I dont know where you got your statistic most people here dealing crypto want to invest their fiat in hopes to double or tripple it via investing in btc.. Thats why we see price votality due to swings from demand and sell orders.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
Yes i agree we can't eliminate fiat from system because any country there are educated and uneducated people who may not be  adopt crypto as payment. To run economy we need centralised system fiat currency provides the same system but turn to decentralised system would make negative impact for countries.
Activity: 210
as of the moment fiat is still very important, cause it is still use to buy food and commoduties. plus how can low people live witbout it since they are  not yet familiar with digital money. tbough i know that if will still stay and it will take long before its gone.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
The Exchange for EOS Community

I also dont want to live without fiat, and swallowing the life unaturally and purely dependent to the technology. Innovation was good, it make us the superior among the species that ever existed above the Earth but we must not forget about how successfully we become using only the fiat, the pioneers of trading uses fiat or even goods way back then seen the sincerity of business is present and the centralized way of having transactions doesnt make me excited it makes me scared for what may happened if better hacker come to the situation.
Activity: 182
I never thought Cryptocurrency would be able to eliminate Fiat money, even though Fiat was needed by the general public. While Bitcoin is only certain people who understand and can use it. only modern people who update are aware of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency, while traditional people will still like Fiat Money as their payment instrument.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
I agree, crypto might be huge and expanding at unknown rates but crypto
depends it's value entirely on fiat. We convert crypto's current market
prices to the actual prices it has on local currencies and dollars. I'm a firm
believer and supporter of crypto but I'm always gonna stick to fiat currency,
we grew up to it and were used to it's whole idea.
Activity: 257
Merit: 102
I don't believe in a cashless society so elimination of fiat currency will never happen not now or the near future even though we are in a digital era. We can’t totally eliminate cash because it can be hard to buy little things without cash. It was better to have cash and digital money.  We can say that we are in modern era because some people have modern technologies but how about the people who cannot adopt the changes because of the lack of finances or knowledge about it, like the person who are on the other side of the country who still don’t know much about digital money so fiat is important
Activity: 546
Fiat money cannot be replaced by digital coins due the volatility of digital coins. Stability in the coins' price is one reason why digital coins aren't mainstream even with their high expectation.
As of this time the fiat will still the mainstream money it is the official money regulated by central bank in every country, cryto currency still can't beat fiat but of time comes that internet is open for all then crypto will over rule fiat.
Pages:
Jump to: