Pages:
Author

Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency - page 21. (Read 27244 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.

Obviously we cannot eliminate fiat currency because there are a lot of people who are not able to invest on cryptocurrency and that is the reason why we should preserve fiat today.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
Fiat cannot be eliminated, I just feel base on the cashless policy advocacy, there migth just be a drastic reduction in the amount of fiat in circulation in few years to come, also the innovation of cryptocurrency will also enhance the realization of the policy. But the limitation will be the availability of internet and the technological know how of people
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Eliminating fiat currency is like trying to absorb all oxygen in the air and leaving the other gases to thrive. It is never going to happen. Everyone depends on fiat currency. As much as digital currency has been very helpful, it is no way comparable to how helpful fiat currency has been to all of us.
Activity: 161
FIAT currency cannot be eliminated so far since it still have many use and digital money had alot things needed for fine tuning.
Activity: 108
Of course they should not.  How can we do without paperwork.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
Very funny. As much as many are clamouring for fiat elimination, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Aside the fact that not all part of the world is digitally connected yet, some transactions are still dependent on fiat.
Activity: 57
Sure fiat wont be totally removed. One features of fiat is their stability
Activity: 103
And this will not work.  It may happen in the distant future, but it is very unlikely.
Activity: 108
Regular money is needed for exchange in those regions where there is no Internet.
Activity: 384
Merit: 100
I think fiat money will never die. Because fiat money is still needed by everyone. Fiat money is still used by many people. And it will never die in my opinion. Because some people still want fiat money to continue to exist. That's just my opinion, because I'm a user of fiat money.
Activity: 317
Merit: 251
From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
Don't you worry it will take a long time before everyone will used cryptocurrency and will eliminate fiat currency because most countries are supporting fiat currency rather than cryptocurrency, that is why it is imposible for fiat currency will be eliminated.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
I think it will be impossible that fiat currency will be eliminated because the governments supports fiat currency more than cryptocurrency and most countries do not accept bitcoin in their countries, that is why it will take a decade before cryptocurrency will take over the world.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Lmao you say that like it's our choice. Even if everyone who owned Bitcoin wanted to replace fiat, it's not going to happen. They're going to exist for as long as governments exist, and there are no indicators that the entire world will fall into anarchy anytime soon.

All people can really do is choose not to use fiat, and the hope is that Bitcoin would actually make that choice feasible.
People would certainly choose cryptocurrency over fiat in the future, however we are still currently living in the present day where fiat serves a good role on transaction and in the market that would really help Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to experience changes and development.

What about the people that do not want all their transactions displayed on a blockchain? They have to jump through hoops to make anon transactions?
Activity: 248
The Exchange for EOS Community
well the things is if crypto do able to become a currency and could act as same as fiat currency did i believe we would not need fiat anymore. At first it would be hard but as the day goes by it would become common thing and that what i call cashless society.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
Lmao you say that like it's our choice. Even if everyone who owned Bitcoin wanted to replace fiat, it's not going to happen. They're going to exist for as long as governments exist, and there are no indicators that the entire world will fall into anarchy anytime soon.

All people can really do is choose not to use fiat, and the hope is that Bitcoin would actually make that choice feasible.
People would certainly choose cryptocurrency over fiat in the future, however we are still currently living in the present day where fiat serves a good role on transaction and in the market that would really help Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to experience changes and development.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Well even if we want to eliminate it, we cannot simply do it. The current literacy rate is not impressive on the global level, especially when it comes to the technology and since the basic knowledge of technology and internet connectivity is required for the cryptocurrencies, it is not possible for everyone to use it and hence they have only option to use regular traditional fiat currency to exchange values.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
Of course fiat currencies will still be used in such a place, because in reality not all places have infrastructure and facilities that support online transactions. Fiat will still be there, but what is needed now is trust and recognition of cryptocurrencies that can be used as legal payment instruments such as fiat currencies. This is what we stand for
Activity: 100
It will never happen though crypto currencies is used by many people. We can’t eliminate fiat because many people prefer fiat especially those who are in rural areas. The people who are civilized are still using cash even though they have all the means to use digital money like credit cards, transferring money, and buy and sell goods by the use of internet.
Activity: 350
I do not quite eliminate a fiat money just because of the excuses you have given. But no one has been denied the benefits of moving to a blockchain right now with the only disadvantage of feeling the hassle of accessing people disturbed. But maybe in the future, it can be well and be successful.
copper member
Activity: 164
Merit: 1
yes you are right, your points are very valid, but though lots of people like myself wants fiat eliminated, but that wont happen ASAP, so before we get to that point where fiat would be completely eliminated, modalities wont have been in place, so before fiat is completely eliminated, structure would have been in place to cater for the points you just noted.
Pages:
Jump to: