Pages:
Author

Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency - page 25. (Read 27244 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 0
As far as I know fiat currency will not disappear, let's us say that cryptocurrency is a big boom but that is not mean it will replace fiat
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
I guess people will not replace fiat over blockchain technology. Eventhough the cryptocurrency is now a big hit, there are still things to consider. Fiat is part of one's culture and it embodies its value of the country. This is also differentiate each country. This is the symbol of each country that should never neglect. People are just having an advance thinking about it, but it will never happens in the near future. So no worries for now.
I agree.I know blockchain technology has really a bright future ahead so i have high hopes that it will continue to grow and be popular in almost all countries in the world.But still i believe the use of fiat currency will still be in demand especially with those people in rural areas and for some senior citizens who are not willing to adopt changes anymore.
Activity: 60
We need cash and we will use it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
I so agree with you. Aside from your reasons, their are still people in every community that are not used in using cryptos most especially the oldies who are not interested or should i say still ignorant in using technologies and lack of knowledge about the digital world because they are already contented of the kind of life that they used to have.
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
I guess people will not replace fiat over blockchain technology. Eventhough the cryptocurrency is now a big hit, there are still things to consider. Fiat is part of one's culture and it embodies its value of the country. This is also differentiate each country. This is the symbol of each country that should never neglect. People are just having an advance thinking about it, but it will never happens in the near future. So no worries for now.
Activity: 434
From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
Even though everyone wants fiat to be eliminated, not every people can still invest on cryptocurrency and that is the reason why it should not be used by everyone on different countries.

Why do people think about such a possibility? Why should the cryptocurrency let the traditional money vanish? No, the crypto will never do it. Fiat will be used together with alts and BTC.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25

true, some are to eager to eliminate fiats, stating their sentiments about the monopoly of fiats and everything, the fact that fiats are here way back many centuries, we have over used fiats and has brought us ease of using it. even today, some rural areas or countries did not used any fiats on their own, still using stones and metal as medium of trading, even fiats did not expanded in almost all parts of the world, why so excited about using crypto, not all big and small enterprise are internet based, not all people in every corner of the world has an internet access. in your country alone, not all has access on the internet and cellphones with data. therefore we cannot totally eliminate fiats.
Activity: 140

Yes I agree with it. Up until now not all people now about how to use computers. In our country there are alot indigenous peoples who don't have enough knowledge regarding computers.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252

It would be hard to eliminate fiat if not all people can use it that's why I think it is less likely that eliminating fiat would happen due to lack of resources when it comes to using cryptocurrencies. If a place doesn't have any internet connection then it would be hard for the people in there because they can't even use it and the only way for them to have trading is to use fiat so I think cryptocurrency would just be ideal for places that ha full internet connection and the merchants would consider adopting it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
this will not happen in the near future. not in normal cases. technology doesn't necessarily change everything in the blink of an eye. we all have to be wise in dealing with changes in the world. but we also cannot close our eyes that time goes on, changes always occur. I believe that the crypto world can bring positive change. both in terms of material and technology. and crypto isn't always about money.
Yeah the development of bitcoin will continue to advance but that doesn't mean it will change everything, fiat will continue to exist because the government will always manage their local currency, and bitcoin or crypto only become part of a currency option for fiat is nothing more than that..
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
No fiat shouldn't be eliminated and won't be eliminated. Like do you really expect governments to keep their hands tied if fiat falls? Crypto is just meant to fulfill purposes that fiat couldn't and will work as each other's sidekick. Or something like that. How will you buy crypto if there's no fiat? Roll Eyes haters will say that, it can be mined. What if its pre-mined?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 210

Yes definitely we should not do that. probably cryptocurrency is very popular and even though cryptos are good way to earn additional profits but we can't deny that after all our works in virtual world we couldn't eliminate fiat. Since fiat money is very important as what you said before like in rural area can possibly aware on that modernization. I think maybe after all of people's hardworking and marvelous intelligence they can't vanish fiat after all.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
this will not happen in the near future. not in normal cases. technology doesn't necessarily change everything in the blink of an eye. we all have to be wise in dealing with changes in the world. but we also cannot close our eyes that time goes on, changes always occur. I believe that the crypto world can bring positive change. both in terms of material and technology. and crypto isn't always about money.
Yeah, this is not just about money but its more on developing new technologies. I believe fiat money will still remain to easily determine the value of cryptocurrency and of course to make people more liquid. We should not eliminate fiat money, we still need it and it will never be replace.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101

I do believe that no matter the technology take over by cryptocurrency, there will still be areas where fiat will still be used/can't be scrapped. Also, I want to believe, the process of cryptocurrency taking over will be a gradual process and not just instantaneous.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Fiat will not be eliminated bdue to circumstances that there are many products that are not tradable online. Also, cryptocurrency is backed by Fiat currency. So in other words, crypto will not exist if there is no Fiat backing it's value.
Activity: 590
Merit: 116
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
That is true, many people do not have access to the internet till now and there are still surviving because of the bank. we must say that we did not include those people who did not get involved in the internet like farmers and other workers who do not even have a proper mobile phone. Banks are bad but at least they are trying to do something and take some profit from it all we can do is keep the Bitcoin as an option of payment method and not the only payment method.
Activity: 210
I think digital currency will exist with the fiat money, maybe there is a chance that digital currency will be more used in the urban area but as you said how about the rural area. If our economy and technology improved I think those area will also adjust. But even though that would happen, fiat will still exist with competence with digital. They have different purposes and are both important, let's just see what would happen in the future.
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
Well, I think, crypto will not really eliminate fiat currency, not in the near future, even in the future. What is likely to happen is that the blockchain will be used for interbank transactions using fiat currencies. And I think Cryptocurrency will as an alternative to fiat money in certain situations.
Activity: 60
Of course not. If we eliminated fiat, then it would be replaced by a government's own virtual money. That's what they are doing it in some country, and what it does it takes control away from the people. They always know how much you have, and you cannot hide it. You can't save it under your mattress if you wanted, or bury a million dollars under your house.
Pages:
Jump to: