Pages:
Author

Topic: Poll - How did you find out about Bitcointalk? - page 9. (Read 2699 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
I probably performed a Google search for "Bitcoin forum" and made it here through one of the results that popped-up.

It was pretty much the same with me when I was first looking into what bitcoin is. If I remember correctly, the "other bitcoin forum" came out higher on the Google search results back in the day hence I joined that first, also thinking that it was the "official" bitcoin forum lmao. I then realized after a while that Bitcointalk was far more active.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 450
Honestly, I really do not have any interest in bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency before, until one time I saw that one of my friends is getting richer and richer that comes to a point that he is able to afford expensive gadgets.

I wonder and ask him of what he is doing in order to make money online then he recommended this website. From that time, I began to take interest in the crypto world and eventually join useless bounties that take my precious time away Sad. (Of course not until now)

Hell yeah, I think I found this website because of envy that I feel towards my crypto rich friend. SAD Sad
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
I remember also that I was searching on Google information about Bitcoin, about mining, about cryptography... One of the links led me here. since then, I never left, although I made the account much later from the moment I found about the forum. I think 1-2 years I used it without being registered.
Activity: 58
Merit: 6
░N░A░N░N░U░
I got to know about Bitcoin from my friends and I learned about this forum from social media.
At first I know about this forum from various ico project ads on social media,
Most of the ico project's are posted their Announcement thread on forum, I used to read the Announcement threads thus slowly I became a member of the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
It's close between friend and social media. I was introduced to airdrops/bounties thru social media and it was the main reason why I created an account here but the first time I heard about bitcoin was thru a friend. That was before I started joining airdrops/bounties. I just can't remember if she ever mentioned about bitcointalk. I voted for friend anyway, there's no bitcointalk without bitcoin. 
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
What do you want to know when you first hear bitcoin? How to earn bitcoin of course  Smiley.

And then I searched it on a search engine. Voila, I found out there are 4 ways to earn bitcoin from some articles that I read.
1. Faucet (very popular at the time when I searched this).
2. Trading
3. Mining
4. Signature Campaign

And then I was researching for these 4 options, and when I went for the 4th option which is the signature campaign, I found this forum  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Without going into the motives behind joining Bitcointalk, I was wondering how people’s first point of contact with the forum was made. Now we may need to jog the memory here a bit, although Beginners & Help tends to have newer profiles around, making the memory lane easier to walk.

If I recall correctly, I reached the forum at the time when searching for information on Bitcoin. I probably performed a Google search for "Bitcoin forum" and made it here through one of the results that popped-up.

What was the reference driver (source, not motive) that drove you to Bitcointalk?
Pages:
Jump to: