Pages:
Author

Topic: Poll - How did you find out about Bitcointalk? - page 4. (Read 2699 times)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
 a friend recommended it to me sonce he introduce me to bitcoin, then after that I share it also to my friend, and now started also and learn bitcoim, and also join
Activity: 1134
Merit: 105
I am fond of gambling and while searching for a review of one of the gambling site, i came across bitcointalk and was amazed to find out that how much gambling area is covered in this forum. This is not only the best forum for bitcoin but also a unique forum where you will get all information and promotion details for all the gambling sites.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
I did not remember how I knew about the forum and joined it but I was not really actively on the forum before I got technical troubles with Brave browser.

I received some information from the forum members and I appreciated that. Months later, till today, I have been still not actually active. Mainly read when I need to find updates from teams or I need technical guides.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Due to the mandatory requirement to post proof of participation (authentication), I was advice by the airdrop manager to created an account on bitcointalk and drop a post on the airdrop (project) announcement thread, which I did back then in 2017 since airdrops were still hot cake and if you were passionate about it, you can easily make few bucks participating in them. So basically due to an altcoin promoting, was the reason why I opened an account on bitcointalk, I couldn't find any related option on you poll so I haven't voted. Since I wasn't contributing positively, i didn't see any reason to stay active on the forum so I became inactive for quite sometime but later regain interested after I researched on ways to make extra income as a cryptocurrency enthusiast apart from training, mining and investing.

Then, I can across the forum once again which was presented by the article as a multi-purpose forum where you can leverage on the platform to sell your services or work as a promoter of projects through signature campaign. I picked interest again, I remember opening another account before I realized I had previously opened an account on the forum and luckily I could still remember my login details, started buidling up my account after going through series of clean up and here we're today.
Activity: 891
Merit: 43
Random coins :)
I cant even really remember how it all happened but all i know is if it was any thing bitcoin and you used google.. it all pointed to Bitcointalk.

Activity: 10
Merit: 2
I was invited to join the forum by my colleague, who invested in bitcoin one year before me. He taught me basics about bitcoin, and told me that the forum is a best place to learn about bitcoin. After that, I created the account on November 08, 2017, 06:22:57 AM. And for the early months on the forum, I simply read.

About 2 months later, merit appeared in the forum, and I was a old-era newbie when merit system began in 2018. What happened after that is my history (see below table). It took me ~ 14 months to become a Full Member (on 21 Jan 2019). One year and 3 days later, I have 1212 merits that I would have never epxected in 2019, on the day I was a Full member. The last month, more than 200 merits came to me.  Wink
RanksTime-required (old system)Between ranksMy spent period (since reg. day)My time between ranks
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Full Member4.5 months n/a ~ 13 months n/a
Senior Member8.5 months4 months~ 16 months~ 3 months
Hero Member15.6 months~7 months~ 19.5 months~ 3.5 months
I earned my 600th merits on 9th September 2019.
I earned my 700th merits on 2nd October 2019.
I earned my 1000th merits on 21th December 2019.

Congrats mate!

This is really impressive. I bet you worked hard and did a good job in helping people around, a lot of people.

Keep up the good work!

On topic: Google search "Bitcoin", "What is bitcoin?", etc. and landing in here was something inevitable I think.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com
A long time ago I was reading all about bitcoin, that was around 2015 when I first discover BTCTalk, It probably was when I started learning bitcoin in general, so I had the necessity to learn every day!
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Without going into the motives behind joining Bitcointalk, I was wondering how people’s first point of contact with the forum was made. Now we may need to jog the memory here a bit, although Beginners & Help tends to have newer profiles around, making the memory lane easier to walk.

If I recall correctly, I reached the forum at the time when searching for information on Bitcoin. I probably performed a Google search for "Bitcoin forum" and made it here through one of the results that popped-up.

What was the reference driver (source, not motive) that drove you to Bitcointalk?
At first, it was bitcoin that was very famous back then up until our class had a discussion about gambling and my classmate dropped plenty of gambling site which are very unfamiliar to us. As our confusion rises, we began to ask him about bitcoin and how much does he get from winning in gambling and it was quite surprising. Afterwards, he told us about bitcointalk, he told us that it is where everything started from him. He told us plenty of ways on how we can benefit with oue bitcointalk accounts which led us to earn large amount of money during the peak season last 2017.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
Been quite q while, but I had been hearing about BitCoin for about six or eight months, but the journalists didn't have any clue as to what the underlying nuts and bolts were then one reporter happened to make comparisons between PGP (which I was well and truly into at that time) and BitCoin using encryption etc for signing and I was in.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693
C.D.P.E.M
I don't really remember.
I guess I just typed Bitcoin or buy bitcoin in google in 2013
At that time I was confused and believed that Bitcoin could only be bought with  Linden dollars  Undecided
Activity: 476
Merit: 255
Wow, what a great question! I found this beautiful place through a friend. This friend kept talking about it, asking me to check it out. His enthusiasm was curious...like someone who's discovered this really cool thing and they want to share it with you.

I finally logged in, registered, etc., and now i'm so happy that i did! This forum was my first glimpse into the cryptocurrency world. I can't imagine how far out of the scene i'd be without that one friend. I haven't transacted much here but i've thoroughly enjoyed my time, the talk, the opinions and perspective of others.

Thanks to all of you for opening your world to me!
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Without going into the motives behind joining Bitcointalk, I was wondering how people’s first point of contact with the forum was made. Now we may need to jog the memory here a bit, although Beginners & Help tends to have newer profiles around, making the memory lane easier to walk.

If I recall correctly, I reached the forum at the time when searching for information on Bitcoin. I probably performed a Google search for "Bitcoin forum" and made it here through one of the results that popped-up.

What was the reference driver (source, not motive) that drove you to Bitcointalk?

I reach the forum from Friend/acquaintance recommendation. i interest with bitcoin and want to learn about bitcoin then my friend said to join in this forum. when i just knew join in this forum, i am so confused about how to work and how to learn because i do not join forum yet. i am so thank so much for my friend to finding this forum for me
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
From the High School  time I was very interested in the internet. When I go in Intermediate life I brought a Java phone by my own earned money from agriculture work . From then I search how I can earn money from internet. Since the phone was a Java phone so it can not help to find a good results. After two years I brought an Android phone by doing tution. That time I was able to discover some works like ptc,hype,revenueshare site. But I was not able to invest any site for that I have tried to do work in PTC site.  After tried many sites One day I got a payment  maybe it was 10 cent  Grin only. I was very happy that time which  I can not share in word.

So after earning 1-2$ try to search a buyer where I can exchange the dollars with my local currency. And found a man who asking people to work with him and he will pay. He offered to do captcha works for (Past Raiblock XRB now Nano) project. Do some job he paid for that. Then where I find a buyer for only 2-5$ but he was finding buyer for exchanging 50-100$ in facebook. One day I asked him how you earn this dollars? He told me about the bitcointalk. I visited but I can not understand how this site became a source of income ?  This a simple design site. Just text and text only Grin
So stop to visit. After 2 months again asked him the source of earning. He again tell me about bitcointalk. Again I visit and try to search the way of earn. Find some works in service section which will pay 10 cent for works. From that Time I am in here.

The kind person is now a Hero Member of this forum. I wish may God bless him.

Sorry for long comments.  
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
Actually I've just seen a few ads on the forum I used to lurk in but what really pushes me to go through was some acquaintances as well on that forum and they recommend that you'll earn money there. Honestly, that's the motivation that gets me here but as time goes by and start learning things here sometimes I put it aside from the learning I get here and one more thing this forum made my written communication with English quite improve since the set out to venture the bitcointalk space.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
I just read through my first 5 pages of posts, and for the life of me, I can't remember how I heard about Bitcointalk! Perhaps it was mentioned on one of the bitcoin podcasts I used to listen to, probably "Let's Talk Bitcoin" or something. Most likely I found it via Google search and signed up after doing some lurking.

My first post on the forum is no clue at all -- just asking about where to find nodes for an obscure and now defunct altcoin. I remember I was so enamored with the idea that I printed a fancy, decorative paper wallet for it and kept it in my actual wallet, ready for the impending day that BonesCoin would finally be accepted at Starbucks!

Well, things haven't exactly progressed the way I once envisioned. I stopped keeping a mobile Dogecoin wallet about 2 years ago, and now do all my BTC transacting from my PC. Cryptocurrency just isn't really for brick n mortar retail spending it turns out, which is fine, as its proven to have other uses.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*
It was my early days in crypto when one of my online friend recommended me to this site. Amazing place to learn about crypto related stuff. I too have recommended this site to many of my friend.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
Ah, the nostalgic moment. I found this forum because of Claymore miner. The ETH pump and the story about making money from GPUs redirect me to the Claymore thread.

I'm a silent reader at first, then got suckered into ICO bounty and Bitcoin because of random signature, lol.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
A new thought about this topic - has anyone thought how their life might be different if they DIDN'T find Bitcointalk.org?
<...>

A simple image is worth many words:

Sorry for the hairy wrist...
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
A new thought about this topic - has anyone thought how their life might be different if they DIDN'T find Bitcointalk.org?

I found out about bitcoin elsewhere but i didn't learn about it properly until i found this forum. If I hadn't found this forum i think i'd be one of those people that's heard of cryptocurrency and paid it minimal attention. And F*CK how clueless I would have been about how much I'd missed out on.

I'm pretty sure I already owned some before turning up here but I would've missed out on many an alt if I didn't turn up. Maybe that's a good thing. Not sure.

It's interesting seeing how many people have never turned up here. I quite often see people elsewhere on crypto sites mention they've never been here. I couldn't imagine having that little engagement or curiosity.
copper member
Activity: 591
Merit: 55
As far as i remember, i saw an article somewhere on the internet about the possibility of additional income through advertising campaigns and there was a link to one of the topics of this forum, this is how my acquaintance with crypto and bounties began  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: