Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL [IOTA ]- ICO 2 -Do YOU want to buy IOTA at a reasonable price? OR BIG SCAM? - page 6. (Read 6677 times)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
The problem here is that you are trying somehow to focus on me

But that's what this is all about. You're saying that you weren't allowed to talk about the sale, which is not true. There was a big fat sale thread sign in the OP. Everyone talked about the sale.

AFTER the sale you appear and start talking about why the hell there is no second ICO. How could you miss it? I mean you were apparently interested before and posted before in the main thread, why did you not follow the project?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
When I commented in the thread everyone who asked about the sale of tokens was told not to even ask or talk about the sale.

Looks like you missed the big fat Sale thread Link in the OP of  the main IOTA thread, it can happen.

It was not there when I commented on the thread. Please re read what I said. At that point even asking about the sale was not permitted.

I can't seem to find what you are talking about, can you point me to this discussion? I only see this:

quantum computer proof does sound handy Smiley and I very much like the name.

the next posts of you are from AFTER the sale, so where again were you asking about it?

That's what I'm saying it was after the sale when I came back.

The problem here is that you are trying somehow to focus on me and divert from the point in question did the ico advertise enough or last long enough?

You can't seem to understand that we are discussing the ICO advertising methods in general can you?

This is why it is obvious that you know that theICO was too stealth and too quick.

Go back and re- read the thread.

The smaller the ICO the easier it is to manipulate for the devs. The larger and more advertised it is through sig campaigns, social media, the main board etc....the harder it is to game. If you don't see why then think about it.

So therefore ICO's should not hide in their ann thread then as soon as the ico is over come to the main board and use it to pump the coin whist a few people from the ann thread hold it captive and ransom it off for 3000%

It does not matter at all if 1 person was told 100000x a day about the crowd sale and didn't buy the token. It does not change the fact that a small ICO is easier to game does it. Besides your point that I may have missed a link on the OP when I came back to the thread means nothing. I never check again the OP if i have already read the thread to a certain point.

It is pointless to try to divert the conversation to one about my personal experience with this Ico since it is about the protocol of ICO in general. Was enough done to advertise it and was it long enough considering the lack of advertising compared to other ICO like Nem, Eth, maid or lIsk. no is the answer.

The only people voting no its okay i would buy at 3000% are iota holders and the only people arguing that a stealth ico or one that does not use advertsing methods freely and easily available to them on this board and it;s then okay to pump after ico using those same methods are Iota holders. As they are the only people that will argue that black is white to protect their investment when really they know they are saying anything to get out with 3000% scam profits. There is no logic nor reason to their argument.

If there is reason to why you are saying don't advertise your ICO outside of the ann until after the ICO is over then please feel free to post your argument so we can assess it.

legendary
When I commented in the thread everyone who asked about the sale of tokens was told not to even ask or talk about the sale.

Looks like you missed the big fat Sale thread Link in the OP of  the main IOTA thread, it can happen.

It was not there when I commented on the thread. Please re read what I said. At that point even asking about the sale was not permitted.

I can't seem to find what you are talking about, can you point me to this discussion? I only see this:

quantum computer proof does sound handy Smiley and I very much like the name.

the next posts of you are from AFTER the sale, so where again were you asking about it?
legendary

Looks like you missed the big fat Sale thread Link in the OP of  the main IOTA thread, it can happen.

The strangest thing about those that invest in tokens of  questionable repute is that they lose all perspective. They will blindly argue for things that are obviously wrong like more advertising of an ICO and wider distribution and more development fund is a bad thing.

They will bump threads that are negative for their token over and over fighting over a point that is a just common sense.

I locked the other thread down so that Iota can get back to stealth mode on their ann in peace but still they chose to bump a thread that had gone to the second page. It is very strange. It is like they want more and more people to have opportunity to mull over the fact that Iota was not advertised through the main board, sigs, avatars, social media at all before or during ....but now see that the main board, sig and avatars are being used to pump and advertise it greatly now the ico is over.
legendary
1.The POW model as I described it can not realistically be easily dominated by any person or without them expending = energy per coin as anyone else. If it can then not in a great way. Your example still does not counter the version of POW I put forward. Not anywhere near the extent of an ico with no regulation or transparency. One person especially with a small ico say 50 people or 100 people could easily find numerous ways to get HUGE percentages of the total minting. Especially if it has no POW. Even a large ICO with no transparency at all the dev could take a lot of the minting there are many ways. Sending BTC to his own dev pot, making false accounts etc etc.

As far as I know there are several PoW coins are out in the wild what used the same four principles what you described above (none of those were p&d proof) but indeed the miners were able to get it for the electricity price and had the choice to dump or hold. Also, more transparency around the ICOs would be really good. But actually with an ICO everybody have the choice to invest or not, dump or hold, however some forward thinking is needed.

Anyway I still think CfB is a very good programmer with unique ideas and great expertise, but very little sense for marketing and achieving big publicity for his coins. You see, he shared all necessary info in an ANN thread, he also made an ICO thread with all the needed information, and then nothing else just coding Smiley. Personally I like more this approach than the "American style" all singing, dancing and shilling ICO/launch campaigns what we can see here, but as I have to think about my pocket too this attitude doesn't make his coins attractive for me. So, while  my "engineer myself" keep praising his work, my "greedy pig myself" will go for something else with better marketing Smiley.

With an ICO people only have the choice to invest or not if they know about the ico. Hence why max effort to advertise is required. Also that does not stop the devs being able to buy their own to keep more of it or just to make it look like there are many investors or even just run with the funds.

It's fine if you don't like the all singing dancing shilling ICO. That's not the point though. It is surely harder for the devs to manipulate or retain a greater % of the minting the larger the ICO gets. Especially if done like NEM where you see the username and how much they have bought. Because the dev would need to create thousands of sock puppets to get 50% and inject thousands of BTC himself to get 50% but if there were only 10 people 5 sock puppets and a few btc would do it. So advertise it well let it run for as long as possible make it transparent as possible and add POW. There you have a far better ICO. Still not as good as POW though.

legendary

Looks like you missed the big fat Sale thread Link in the OP of  the main IOTA thread, it can happen.
legendary
distributed only to 0.001% of the board

Well what can they do if 99.999% of the board doesn't care about the project. Like yourself for example, you knew about the crowdsale yet didn't participate. What they should've done more to distribute to you too? Would a sig spam campaign have done it?

Let's get it straight that I didn't know about the crowd sale. When I commented in the thread everyone who asked about the sale of tokens was told not to even ask or talk about the sale. It was like the project was going to be in the very distant future. By the time I'd checked back on it it was done and over.
Also we should be discussing it with regard the bigger picture - like everyone on the board. I'm not sure why you'd fixate on one persons experience rather than discussing the protocols that could ensure fairer and better opportunity for everyone on the board both devs and investors.

The fact is  that the smaller the ico the easier it is to game it. All icos should be advertised to the max using all possible advertising methods on here for as long as possible. There is no good reason not to do it for both the devs to get more development funds and for the board to give greater chance to research and invest.

If you can think of any good reason not to advertise the ico through sigs and social media then sure present your case.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
distributed only to 0.001% of the board

Well what can they do if 99.999% of the board doesn't care about the project. Like yourself for example, you knew about the crowdsale yet didn't participate. What they should've done more to distribute to you too? Would a sig spam campaign have done it?

legendary
Activity: 1512
1.The POW model as I described it can not realistically be easily dominated by any person or without them expending = energy per coin as anyone else. If it can then not in a great way. Your example still does not counter the version of POW I put forward. Not anywhere near the extent of an ico with no regulation or transparency. One person especially with a small ico say 50 people or 100 people could easily find numerous ways to get HUGE percentages of the total minting. Especially if it has no POW. Even a large ICO with no transparency at all the dev could take a lot of the minting there are many ways. Sending BTC to his own dev pot, making false accounts etc etc.

As far as I know there are several PoW coins are out in the wild what used the same four principles what you described above (none of those were p&d proof) but indeed the miners were able to get it for the electricity price and had the choice to dump or hold. Also, more transparency around the ICOs would be really good. But actually with an ICO everybody have the choice to invest or not, dump or hold, however some forward thinking is needed.

Anyway I still think CfB is a very good programmer with unique ideas and great expertise, but very little sense for marketing and achieving big publicity for his coins. You see, he shared all necessary info in an ANN thread, he also made an ICO thread with all the needed information, and then nothing else just coding Smiley. Personally I like more this approach than the "American style" all singing, dancing and shilling ICO/launch campaigns what we can see here, but as I have to think about my pocket too this attitude doesn't make his coins attractive for me. So, while  my "engineer myself" keep praising his work, my "greedy pig myself" will go for something else with better marketing Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Because you didn't invest in profitable projects doesn't make it a scams.
The crypto ecosystem we are in is still in a experimental stadium.
Some project work, some don't but we learn and create 2.0, 3.0 etc.

My main interest is keeping up with the tech and what can be achieved, and I am also not against making some money.
Nxt early investors are millionairs, good for them, stop whining about it. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

whining...butthurt...sour grapes....jelly belly....

the three most common phrases used to describe anyone who questions the validity/legitimacy of a coin distributed only to 0.001% of the board whilst being touted as fair distribution.

Are you unable to process information?
legendary

My main interest is keeping up with the tech and what can be achieved, and I am also not against making some money.
Nxt early investors are millionairs, good for them, stop whining about it. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

whining...butthurt...sour grapes....jelly belly....

the three most common phrases used to describe anyone who questions the validity/legitimacy of a coin distributed only to 0.001% of the board whilst being touted as fair distribution.

legendary

legendary
How about 6000%. Why is NXT scam? You don't believe in POS? You missed that too. NXT is still alive and kicking. I heard ETH intends to switch to POS Smiley, and now these is suddenly best feature ever. Did you know that thanks to NXT  we have XEM, Crypti, Burst, QORA, Wave....  LISK is nothing but Crypti without main developer. Good luck with that.

You are confused.

1. NXT is a type 1 ico scam.

Type one have decent tech. CFB is not stupid. NXT tech is good it is still here.

We are not discussing the tech we are discussing the intitial distribution methods.

I am not as yet saying IOTA token is fake tech - although yes it is untested out there in the wild with lots of users. There have already been critics regarding certain areas of this concept.

I am saying the ICO was not advertised enough, it was fast, it is now being deliberately held up so coins are captive from the vast open market whilst they pump up hysteria here so 3000% is the expect price when it does go to exchange.

Get it on exchange let us see if it works well, then get something behind it solid to pump it about.
legendary
Even a snail will come out of it's shell if it has enough motive it seems. Really all this battle because you don't like people being "butthurt and sour grapes" But really come on must we talk as children. Let's not focus only on our own personal likes and dislikes..

OK fair enough Smiley.

How can you even start to say POW can be as gamed as ICO. That is really silly. Try again please.

Here is POW

1 announced ahead of time and advertised launch time and date with wallets in zipped rars
2. low block reward to start
3. fast scaling diff
4. long mining period.

Tell me again how this is open to gaming like your ico with no regulation, no transparency. It's quite strange that you would even suggest it.
The smaller and less known about the ICO is the far easier it is to game.

Well, how can I say that? Maybe because of experience? Using PoW as distribution method is of course a different approach, but you will end up with the same results as in the case of an ICO. Actually because of the limited availability the "pump price" will be higher. Can you remember the initial AUR pump, or the huge LTC pump and dump in 2013-2014? Several very fairly distributed (given away like COMM, or C2 and some others) went on the same path. After the distribution people dumped it for BTC a few people bought it in large quantities for 0.1 btc per stake (1million coin), pumped it to 200-300 sats and then dumped the coin down under 10 sats.

thanks, let's talk as adults and just deal with reason, logic and the facts.

2. "Several very fairly distributed (given away like COMM, or C2 and some others) went on the same path. After the distribution people dumped it for BTC a few people bought it in large quantities for 0.1 btc per stake (1million coin), pumped it to 200-300 sats and then dumped the coin down under 10 sats."

The difference is. They had the choice. They had a choice to sell. The coins were fairly distributed to them. They owned those coins. They chose to give them away for nothing.

ICO - stealth insta ico = no choice to get coins.
ICO - huge advertised but run off with funds and no tech = no choice to get coins

ICO in crypto = turkey shoot for the devs.

Only hope for ICO = make it huge advertise advertise advertise it. Get everyone looking at it. The more real people buying in the harder for the devs to control it all. Add POW as a stage of the distribution.

NEM even listed share holders publically so you can see how many shares they had. Yes probably some sock puppets etc but far far harder for them to game it when public with ledger.

small ico = to easy to game.

Look at nas = entire minting to like 9 people. How is that coin alive. It was recently pumped to top 20?

Iota is not the worst out there. But they did it already with nxt. Time to bring in some more fair ICO or go back to POW.
legendary
Even a snail will come out of it's shell if it has enough motive it seems. Really all this battle because you don't like people being "butthurt and sour grapes" But really come on must we talk as children. Let's not focus only on our own personal likes and dislikes..

OK fair enough Smiley.

How can you even start to say POW can be as gamed as ICO. That is really silly. Try again please.

Here is POW

1 announced ahead of time and advertised launch time and date with wallets in zipped rars
3. fast scaling diff
4. long mining period.

Tell me again how this is open to gaming like your ico with no regulation, no transparency. It's quite strange that you would even suggest it.

Well, how can I say that? Maybe because of experience? Using PoW as distribution method is of course a different approach, but you will end up with the same results as in the case of an ICO. Actually because of the limited availability the "pump price" will be higher. Can you remember the initial AUR pump, or the huge LTC pump and dump in 2013-2014? Several very fairly distributed (given away like COMM, or C2 and some others) went on the same path. After the distribution people dumped it for BTC a few people bought it in large quantities for 0.1 btc per stake (1million coin), pumped it to 200-300 sats and then dumped the coin down under 10 sats.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
How about 6000%. Why is NXT scam? You don't believe in POS? You missed that too. NXT is still alive and kicking. I heard ETH intends to switch to POS Smiley, and now these is suddenly best feature ever. Did you know that thanks to NXT  we have XEM, Crypti, Burst, QORA, Wave....  LISK is nothing but Crypti without main developer. Good luck with that.
legendary
If it was mining you are arguing for the launch not to be advertised in advance with super instamining low diff at the start and a very short mining period. Doesn't sound fair to me. If that sounds fair to you then that's okay.
POW with strict guidelines is the only fair method of distribution. ICO are so open to be gamed and now you are saying that the only method we have to ensure they are not totally gamed is not important.

Bollocks. PoW isn't fair at all. A few guys with serious mining gear will grab the majority of the coins and then they can manipulate the market at will. What's the difference, if big miners or big ICO investors playing God on Polo and Trex?

NXT - well yes back then asking for an entire btc was prohibitive to the uptake in the project. If you wanted distribution  why not say 0.1 BTC? probably get a hell of a lot more than 21 btc total and more distribution. They over did that and the initial hoarders knew they had to give it out a bit to others or nobody would bite at all.

When NXT started back in 2013 summer BTC was somewhere around $60-80 but even during early autumn it was something barely above $100 (it exploded in the second part of october and in november) that's doesn't seem to me very restrictive. Most of us were simply more interested in quick profits on LTC clones or on other crap, and by the time NXT exploded it was to late to jump on board.

You seem to be going to a lot of trouble to defend this project for someone not invested in it. So far your defence seems lacking.

Tell me now you want to pay 3000% for something not even released, not even sure it's going to function. No clear set in stone benefits. Based on iota super processor that looks to others very unlikely. Others now probably going to be first to market with zero transaction fees. You tell me you want to pay it even though you didn't choose to invest but knew all about it. Okay well you can tell me these things but I'm not sure if you are just kidding or not.

To be honest I just simply don't like if butthurt people complaining about unfairness after not reading the ANN topics. BTW unlike in the case of NXT I've intentionally missed this ICO as I think it will follow the same path as NXT: good innovation -> zero marketing -> sink.
I'll go for a clone with proven good marketing folks around Smiley.

Here is POW

3. fast scaling diff
4. long mining period.

Tell me again how this is open to gaming like your ico with no regulation, no transparency. It's quite strange that you would even suggest it. Nobody knows who invested , what they invested , if devs just sent a load of btc to themselves a few times, it's a complete closed door behind which anything could be taking place.

You've released some coins in the past right? what were they again?

(You are wrong about NXT - i jumped on board. I still hold all the cheap nxt I bought the day after the sale. I collect coins I don't often sell.)
Doesn't stop me saying it's a scam. I probably hold more nxt that you have ever done.

legendary
If it was mining you are arguing for the launch not to be advertised in advance with super instamining low diff at the start and a very short mining period. Doesn't sound fair to me. If that sounds fair to you then that's okay.
POW with strict guidelines is the only fair method of distribution. ICO are so open to be gamed and now you are saying that the only method we have to ensure they are not totally gamed is not important.

Bollocks. PoW isn't fair at all. A few guys with serious mining gear will grab the majority of the coins and then they can manipulate the market at will. What's the difference, if big miners or big ICO investors playing God on Polo and Trex?

NXT - well yes back then asking for an entire btc was prohibitive to the uptake in the project. If you wanted distribution  why not say 0.1 BTC? probably get a hell of a lot more than 21 btc total and more distribution. They over did that and the initial hoarders knew they had to give it out a bit to others or nobody would bite at all.

When NXT started back in 2013 summer BTC was somewhere around $60-80 but even during early autumn it was something barely above $100 (it exploded in the second part of october and in november) that's doesn't seem to me very restrictive. Most of us were simply more interested in quick profits on LTC clones or on other crap, and by the time NXT exploded it was to late to jump on board.

You seem to be going to a lot of trouble to defend this project for someone not invested in it. So far your defence seems lacking.

Tell me now you want to pay 3000% for something not even released, not even sure it's going to function. No clear set in stone benefits. Based on iota super processor that looks to others very unlikely. Others now probably going to be first to market with zero transaction fees. You tell me you want to pay it even though you didn't choose to invest but knew all about it. Okay well you can tell me these things but I'm not sure if you are just kidding or not.

To be honest I just simply don't like if butthurt people complaining about unfairness after not reading the ANN topics. BTW unlike in the case of NXT I've intentionally missed this ICO as I think it will follow the same path as NXT: good innovation -> zero marketing -> sink.
I'll go for a clone with proven good marketing folks around Smiley.

legendary
@cryptohunter
Please answer this one simple question:
Did you buy Iota?

1 whole BTC OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This is outrageous!!
legendary
@cryptohunter
Have you bought Iota at Ico?

If searching for gold/ gems would be easy, everybody would do it and it would not have value.

Nobody is going to spoonfeed you information, the Ico was 1 month on BCT, lot's of time, totally transparant.

Investing in general and especially investing in crypto is a risk. Never invest more than you are willing to loose.

I agree, the ICO was there all of us know about it. Actually this argument is pretty much the same as in the case of NXT. The NXT ICO was open, it was here for a long time but only twenty some people was interested enough to invest some BTC in it. During the beta testing they also gave away a lot of NTXs for testers, for a while it was also sold between 100-300 sats here on BTT. When it later went to the moon a big bunch of people started accusing them with ninja launch and talking about fair distribution.

Look no amount of twisting can help here. Unless that is you want all ico to be given to 21 apparently different people??

A lot of people think ICO should be banned full stop. Is it because they missed out on ICO's that didn't even happen yet??

NO. They and everyone here knows how easy it is to rig an ICO here with no regulation and no transparency. There is no way to know who or what amount is bought. The only way to try and ensure it is not totally gamed by the devs is to ENSURE maximum advertising is done to give everyone a fair chance and taking part.

NXT - well yes back then asking for an entire btc was prohibitive to the uptake in the project. If you wanted distribution  why not say 0.1 BTC? probably get a hell of a lot more than 21 btc total and more distribution. They over did that and the initial hoarders knew they had to give it out a bit to others or nobody would bite at all.

Pages:
Jump to: