Pages:
Author

Topic: Poll: is it OK to send merits to your own alts? - page 3. (Read 23125 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Few things are worth noting here.
1. Mike have no idea that it require  at least Jr.Member to post the picture.
2. He have no idea about Copper Membership too?
3. He have no idea about ethical use case of Merit.
4. Trying to involve mprep in trust issue, that moderator do not entertained.

So much ignorance here on mikemike part is worth noting.
Only honest part is open acknowledge of giving merit to the Corporate alt account.

Mikemike, you are tagged for your ignorance and I do not think you can blame suchmoon for that.

What you can do :
Try to ask suchmoon what your further action will help suchmoon to remove that trust instead of justifying a community frowned action.
Few options that I can think of (but you and suchmoon both need to agree)
1. Since 40 merits are abused, so you need to merit 40 current newbies for their good post,that are not discovered by others till now.
2. Acknowledging your ignorance and requesting Theymos to undo this transaction ( but I guess Theymos may not entertain you)
3. Might creating some good content in this forum from your personal experience and knowledge that we do not have discussed in this forum.
4. Any other idea that suchmoon proposes.

In short, you cannot blame suchmoon/anybody for your ignorance.

No I cannot blame him and have not done so.
I have been honest about "my ignorance" from the beginning and personally
yep, I had no idea what the heck proper use of Merit was and I take ownership of that.
EDIT:
In fact I did think it was related to Trust. Like Merit deserving of trust and gave you some status to post pics.
Now if it was called Post Rewards or Post Merits that would have cleared things up for me.

Im not the only one who fails to properly understand this as most never use it correctly.
That denotes a problem with educating the people using this forum.
Perhaps a notice the next time you login that explains it all could help.

I already PM'd Theymos and asked them to remove the merit I sent.

Regarding the "Copper Membership" this is another lack of educational effort to properly
inform those whom create a new account that the option exists.
I have not created an account since mine was hacked in 2015 so please lighten up a bit.
There is an oppressiveness to many posts here.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
But he is entitled to his opinions the same as you and I.

He's not entitled to trash this thread. That's not an opinion. If you're happy with him posting useless crap in your KORE thread that's your problem but it's not going to work here.

I did not say I was happy and posted that I was concerned of his posts.
Last thing we need is someone making wild accusations against me or KORE.

Ok, this is going way off rails, but you're running the self-moderated KORE thread and you're letting this crap through:

Good job KORE team!!

right on, right on...

Matrix, Great work!

GO KORE, GO BTC!

Holding KORE.

Go KORE, go BTC!

So what - any shitty bump is a good bump? Wild accusations? Come on. Shitcoiners gonna shitcoin. So why don't we stop debating relative merits (pun intended) of various shitcoins and focus on the topic at hand. If you can convince theymos to reverse the 40 merits I will revise my ratings to neutral. I think that's fair.

Ok this is getting ridiculous. After being explicitly warned about multi-posting you're still making multiple posts in a row. All that will be deleted, don't bother.

1. Mike have no idea that it require  at least Jr.Member to post the picture.

But somehow he "knew" that 40 merits are needed for that. I find that really hard to believe.
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
Few things are worth noting here.
1. Mike have no idea that it require  at least Jr.Member to post the picture.
2. He have no idea about Copper Membership too?
3. He have no idea about ethical use case of Merit.
4. Trying to involve mprep in trust issue, that moderator do not entertained.

So much ignorance here on mikemike part is worth noting.
Only honest part is open acknowledge of giving merit to the Corporate alt account.

Mikemike, you are tagged for your ignorance and I do not think you can blame suchmoon for that.

What you can do :
Try to ask suchmoon what your further action will help suchmoon to remove that trust instead of justifying a community frowned action.
Few options that I can think of (but you and suchmoon both need to agree)
1. Since 40 merits are abused, so you need to merit 40 current newbies for their good post,that are not discovered by others till now.
2. Acknowledging your ignorance and requesting Theymos to undo this transaction ( but I guess Theymos may not entertain you)
3. Might creating some good content in this forum from your personal experience and knowledge that we do not have discussed in this forum.
4. Any other idea that suchmoon proposes.

In short, you cannot blame suchmoon/anybody for your ignorance.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

He's not entitled to trash this thread. That's not an opinion. If you're happy with him posting useless crap in your KORE thread that's your problem but it's not going to work here.

I did not say I was happy and posted that I was concerned of his posts.
Last thing we need is someone making wild accusations against me or KORE.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
censorship is good...right?

This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

All depends on the reasons why the posts are deleted...
But yea.
Create your own topic.

A person doesn't need "reasons" to delete a post on a self moderated topic. They could ask a Magic 8 ball or flip a coin if they wanted.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

All depends on the reasons why the posts are deleted...
But yea.
Create your own topic.
legendary

legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
My online banking has technical limits as to how much money I can send via wire transfer (and via other means), and many cars have technical limits as to how fast they will drive, and if they will play the radio if the seatbelts are not being worn. Both the money in my bank account and any cars I own are still my property, despite these technical limitations.

Merits are not cars nor money. It's a forum feature and you don't own it any more than you own the "Report to moderator" button - you can use it subject to rules.

I can withdraw money from the bank and put it under my mattress, or mod my car any way I want if I don't drive it on public roads. If theymos allows you to take the sMerits off the forum in some way then I would agree that you can own them and perhaps use elsewhere not subject to forum rules.

I'm removing the other annoying KORE troll as well. Mike, get your minions in line.

Funny I was just going to ask him to chill
and why do you call him "my minion" and a "KORE Troll"?
That is not applicable nor justified.
Perhaps you are dealing with too many scammers and corrupt people.
Im not one of them.
legendary
My online banking has technical limits as to how much money I can send via wire transfer (and via other means), and many cars have technical limits as to how fast they will drive, and if they will play the radio if the seatbelts are not being worn. Both the money in my bank account and any cars I own are still my property, despite these technical limitations.

Merits are not cars nor money. It's a forum feature and you don't own it any more than you own the "Report to moderator" button - you can use it subject to rules.

I can withdraw money from the bank and put it under my mattress, or mod my car any way I want if I don't drive it on public roads. If theymos allows you to take the sMerits off the forum in some way then I would agree that you can own them and perhaps use elsewhere not subject to forum rules.

I'm removing the other annoying KORE troll as well. Mike, get your minions in line.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
@MikeMike. Bring this up to Theymos. Not sure that he will bother, but he can nuke merits in extreme circumstances.

Hey thanks.
I did not know that.
Activity: 194
Merit: 101
him or her?
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

With the above being said, someone has sMerits because they ultimately previously made a post someone thought is deserving of merit. As such, I consider sMerit (assuming they are not spending sMerit they have resulting from what they received from being a merit source) to be their property, and I am not a fan of telling others what they can and cannot do with their own property.

The forum already prevents sending merits to yourself (i.e. the same account). There is also a limit of 50 per account per month. There is sufficient precedent to make this "property" argument moot. I don't think sMerits are ours to own, we're supposed to send them to other people.
Activity: 2
Merit: 5

Im going to have another KORE Team Member create an account for the other threads.
I will not send Merit to it and the KORE Team will be instructed to not send Merit to it.

Is this acceptable to you since it will not be created by me?
Will you still give negative feedback?

If I had the ability to remove the Merit I sent I would.

Those Merits were sent yes in part to show clearly they were sent by me to the new KORE - DEV account for the KORE Team.
I am not the only person who has the creds to that account.

What I am presenting is a viable argument for change or consideration for you to be reasonable.
This is how progress and change happens.
You can stick to your explanations but in this matter they dont hold water.
The KORE Team will also have the creds to this account.

Oh boy. How many accounts do you have? Any chance we could stick to one account per person in this thread at least?

MikeMike sent 40 merits to KORE - DEV for this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-kore-tor-masternodes-browser-voip-aether-os-korephone-korebay-funded-2096416

Who created that post? Here's a quote to help you out:

[...]

Cheers!
 Smiley
MikeMike

Post the entire post please.
So people dont get the wrong idea.

https://i.imgur.com/Ajp6rGN.png

You and I know why this account was created.
I presume you are not ever going to consider removing the negative feedback and the KORE Team needs
an account to be able to create the new Language threads without having a "trade with extreme caution" attached to it.

Very soon I will not have the time to take care of all these threads just as Clutch the old KORE Team member was responsible for all the Language threads.

What is becoming clear is your stubbornness for the sake of being stubborn.
Which makes me think you are not that old.

For the Record.
I am the sole owner of 2 accounts.
The MikeMike account.
And the temporary MikeMike4rreal account that I created when I got hacked.
It took me while to get my MikeMike account back.
Soon as I regained access to my MikeMike account I ceased posting with the MikeMike4real account.

The KORE - DEV account is co-owned by the KORE Team Members as a kind of Corporate account
to make sure we dont ever lose access to the Coins threads and Language threads like we did previously and which you already know of.

The KORE - Projects account is co-owned by the KORE Team JIC you dont remove or at least turn neutral the negative feedback.
We dont have much more time to wait till these other threads are created.

Regarding Trust:
Absolutely the Team earned it.

legendary
@MikeMike. Bring this up to Theymos. Not sure that he will bother, but he can nuke merits in extreme circumstances.
~

- You sent 40 points to your own post.
 - You gave an excuse that it was done to post images, which doesn't make sense for a number of reasons.
The excuse was legitimate being I had no idea at the time how much was required and assumed Merit was needed, which it is but just 1 Merit.
 - Your other excuse (a "team" will use the account) is equivalent to account farming and sale.
No it is not. I presented from the very first post the reason for it and presented many facts to you in both PM and here.
Please scroll down to read these facts.

- You're multi-posting with alts in this thread.
Yes I am.
You know the reasons why and it is legitimate.

legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
I want to be clear about this.
If I had the ability to remove the Merit sent and it was sent with proper intent I would.
I do believe suchmoon would then remove the negative feedback.
I have reviewed his feedback history and seen him doing that with others so would expect the same.

Since I do not have the ability to remove the Merit sent I am asking him to be reasonable
and I presented facts stating my case and asked him to leave neutral feedback instead
but still state his concerns...

MikeMike
Activity: 194
Merit: 101
suchmoon,  do you have an actual job?  have you ever had one?  I'm really curious.  Seriously, an actual jay oh be.
Pages:
Jump to: