Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 115. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
The "more RAM is needed" thing is pure unfounded bullshit.
If someone is only interested in mining scrypt or vertcoin (At its current N factor), I will say you are correct.  Vertoin's N factor will eventually change (at the same pace as glaciers move - across land)

On other coins, that increment their N factor regularly, some are up to N=14.  If you get more than 2 cards that run 4GB each, you'll want to have 8 GB system ram.  The miner software has to allocate the scrypt buffer in system memory to start, and allocating a 3.5 GB buffer for 3, 4, or 6  cards just doesn't fit into 4 GB of RAM.
I just fired up 5x R9 290 cards at N=12,13, and 14, with 4GB of system memory for several minutes at each N.  Seemed to compile/load the kernel and hash fine.  This might not be the case on windows, mind you - I run a custom gentoo install on all my rigs.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Any versions of BAMT support cpuminer aka NVIDIA?

Kopiemtu, not BAMT OR PiMP but built just for Nvidia cards on 64 bit Linux
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16800.0
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Others here have already pointed out flaws in some of your arguments, but you were yelling too loudly to hear them.
More unfounded bullshit without quotes to back it up - no surprise.  The only one I have seen yelling is you...  And it appears you are yelling because you don't have anything to back up what you're saying. Does the bold make you feel more correct, lol?  Again, you want to debate something specific, go right ahead.  You continue with unfounded personal attacks with no basis or background, and I will continue to show you for the utter fool you are.  I'm not one to get angry, but I have no problem picking apart an internet persona like yours.  It's pretty obvious this isn't your first account anyway.  I would take a bet that your previous account(s) got trolled so badly because of the dumb things you say, that you had to abandon them and create a new account, lol.

Upon further reflection, I've decided I feel sorry for you.  You must be very lonely...  so lonely that you feel the need to argue with people on the internet, which is always a fruitless endeavor.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

You absolutely do not need more RAM to hash...  I never run more then 4GB of ram on a rig, and I average over 900KH/s/card at scrypt(1024,1,1) and 450KH/s at scrypt(2048,1,1) on my R9 290s.  The "more RAM is needed" thing is pure unfounded bullshit.

Is that an absolute statement?  Will it always apply?  

If someone is only interested in mining scrypt or vertcoin (At its current N factor), I will say you are correct.  Vertoin's N factor will eventually change (at the same pace as glaciers move - across land)

On other coins, that increment their N factor regularly, some are up to N=14.  If you get more than 2 cards that run 4GB each, you'll want to have 8 GB system ram.  The miner software has to allocate the scrypt buffer in system memory to start, and allocating a 3.5 GB buffer for 3, 4, or 6  cards just doesn't fit into 4 GB of RAM.

No Thirtybird, clearly phzi is right as phzi is always right.  If you don't believe him, then just ask him.  And who the heck are you to question him anyway.  After all, you only extended cgminer to create yacminer with support for more hashing algorithms, among other various enhancements, and are only intimately familiar with the code, whereas his knowledge knows no boundaries.  So please so not question his intellectual superiority, as we will have none of that here.  HA!
Activity: 693

You absolutely do not need more RAM to hash...  I never run more then 4GB of ram on a rig, and I average over 900KH/s/card at scrypt(1024,1,1) and 450KH/s at scrypt(2048,1,1) on my R9 290s.  The "more RAM is needed" thing is pure unfounded bullshit.

Is that an absolute statement?  Will it always apply?  

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
^^
Guys, do you need to install/re-compile cgminer to mine vertcoins? I'm on BAMT same as above and would like to try it but I'm not sure if it's just config change in cgminer's config file or I need another cgminer version... or I need different BAMT?  Huh

newer versions on BAMT support scrypt N and have like 4 versions of CGminer i think you need Version 1.6

thanks!
I will try BAMT 1.6 and see how that goes

Not yet but last i heard next version will have cudaminer
Activity: 473
^^
Guys, do you need to install/re-compile cgminer to mine vertcoins? I'm on BAMT same as above and would like to try it but I'm not sure if it's just config change in cgminer's config file or I need another cgminer version... or I need different BAMT?  Huh

newer versions on BAMT support scrypt N and have like 4 versions of CGminer i think you need Version 1.6

thanks!

Activity: 700
I might be wrong, but I think it's about RAM on the graphics card, and that's part of the reason why Scrypt-N11 performs at half the hashrate of Scrypt-N10 on the same hardware. I'm running my rigs with the same 4GB as always, it doesn't seem to require any more system RAM.

But no, all people talk about having 8 gigs of ram.

Others here have already pointed out flaws in some of your arguments, but you were yelling too loudly to hear them.
More unfounded bullshit without quotes to back it up - no surprise.  The only one I have seen yelling is you...  And it appears you are yelling because you don't have anything to back up what you're saying. Does the bold make you feel more correct, lol?  Again, you want to debate something specific, go right ahead.  You continue with unfounded personal attacks with no basis or background, and I will continue to show you for the utter fool you are.  I'm not one to get angry, but I have no problem picking apart an internet persona like yours.  It's pretty obvious this isn't your first account anyway.  I would take a bet that your previous account(s) got trolled so badly because of the dumb things you say, that you had to abandon them and create a new account, lol.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
i am getting around 320 khash on n-scrypt with 280x
is that ok?

You should be getting about 45-50% of Scrypt hashrate. 320 sounds a bit low. I don't want to spam this thread with off-topic settings, but google around for 280X settings and you'll find plenty of examples. Most cards need different thread concurrency and intensity settings than you would use for Scrypt.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Payout just took place (thank you).  

But why are the payment times so screwy?  It looks like the pool clock is broken.

2014-03-28 13:09:12

Pool Operator is in the U.S.A.  Why is website time off by 4-7 hours?

Historically PW had issues with Cryptsy paying out large amounts of BTC so he has been staggering payout times. The timestamp on the website is GMT, so you can adjust for your local time accordingly.
Activity: 70
Payout just took place (thank you).  

But why are the payment times so screwy?  It looks like the pool clock is broken.

2014-03-28 13:09:12

Pool Operator is in the U.S.A.  Why is website time off by 4-7 hours?
Activity: 411
Reddcoin (RDD)
Network Hashrate: 1.80 GH/s

traded on Cryptsy
Activity: 64
^^

thanks!
Activity: 365
i am getting around 320 khash on n-scrypt with 280x
is that ok?
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
^^

Activity: 630
vertminer or sgminer (i think will do scrypt-n) not sure.. I am still in process of researching move to scrypt-n ...
Activity: 64
^^
Activity: 630
Just thinking about it, who has experience with vertcoin here? I was thinking whats the MH/BTC/ Profit ratio with this? say you want to chuck 10-14 x R9 290x at it
I am averaging about 0.012BTC/MH/day with vertcoin right now (running 10x R9 290).  But that MH value is ~50% of my scrypt(1024,1,1) hashrate.  So compared to wafflepool, it would be about .006BTC/MH/day.

Mind you, I'm speculating on vertcoin, so I'm not exchanging immediately.

projectxpps.com is pretty awesome if anyone wants a good vertcoin pool, btw.  PPS and 0% fee right now.

After it was requested by eleuthria:
Please just adopt the two commands I posted about previously:  A redirect command for a poolserver to send miners elsewhere, and a server restart notification [with timer] so a pool can attempt a graceful restart rather than suddenly dropping connections.

Nice! projectxpps.com looks even better to me.  I am going to be switching my rig a card at a time over to scrypt-n.

I am still seeing a lot of DC's on some pools ... clearly to me client.reconnect was not a solution, DC rate remains the same even after upgrading to latest scrypt miner.

Clarification : Even after client.reconnect was disabled by the patch I am showing high DC's on only a few pools, 0 on others that I am actively mining.  Checking miner logfile and see if anything unusual there.

Stratum connection to Pool interrupted a few times. But no warning from Kalroth's patch about possible exploit ...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I might be wrong, but I think it's about RAM on the graphics card, and that's part of the reason why Scrypt-N11 performs at half the hashrate of Scrypt-N10 on the same hardware. I'm running my rigs with the same 4GB as always, it doesn't seem to require any more system RAM.

But no, all people talk about having 8 gigs of ram.

Well, they can talk all they want. Maybe Windows needs that much, I don't know. This is BAMT with 4 cards and vertminer:

Mem:   2830160k total,  1320704k used,  1509456k free

PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
20   0  591m  162m  67m S    3  6.0  25:58.63 vertminer

As you can see it's even less than 4GB total, I probably forgot to disable Intel graphics.
Jump to: