Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 129. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Well it worked with me.. I am out of here for now and pointing my 10 MH's somewhere else.. And doing pretty damn good where I am at but not saying where I am at out of respect to PW and I dont want all you where I am at..   Grin
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
People ddos for many reasons, this is likely a competitor trying to drive miners away from waffle. They probably figure if they frustrate the miners enough, then they will jump ship. This used to be a very common tactic when doge was beginning to get super popular...

Or most likely - the global hash rate increases - thus pushing profits down. If someone mines at the right pool (not necessary a profit switching one) - everyone else is in shit, but the smart guy mines some extra profits.

I expect DDOSes will continue to be executed.
Yeah, unless PW add some protection.
Activity: 93
People ddos for many reasons, this is likely a competitor trying to drive miners away from waffle. They probably figure if they frustrate the miners enough, then they will jump ship. This used to be a very common tactic when doge was beginning to get super popular...

Or most likely - the global hash rate increases - thus pushing profits down. If someone mines at the right pool (not necessary a profit switching one) - everyone else is in shit, but the smart guy mines some extra profits.

I expect DDOSes will continue to be executed.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yeah I haven't been able to use useast since late last night.

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
interestingly eu.wp is still up but my miners are able to post a tiny fraction of the normal power to the site - this seems odd (as far as I know my cgminer isn't set up to spread work around).  Is this a new attack which keeps the stratum only just alive so my miner doesn't --failover?
Miles
Edit: ignore this, I've just remoted onto my miners and they're back on the --failover pool.  I was just mis-reading WP stats page which I guess is just decaying to zero average over the last 15 mins Sad
Activity: 168
USeast dead again for me Sad

Certainly looks like it.  And uswest too.  And poolwaffle just posted a notice on the web site.

I've never been able to figure out just what type of enjoyment people get out of ddos attacks.
Good to see we're back after the DDOS and my miners are back on the pool but one of them is showing 0 kh/s and 100% stale shares.  What the heck does that mean?  The other two seem to be rather lower than before (maybe 75% of their normal position)

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

Miles

I noticed that 100% stale shares seems to be anomaly somewhere in pw's reporting when you are not submitting any hashes to the pool.  Make sure that the worker is actually running, and verify that it is connected to wafflepool.com.  If it is hijacked, then don't change it back right away.  Instead contact poolwaffle to help him isolate some of the variables of the attack.

Duh! it was still mining at the --failover pool and I missed that as all the other miners had recovered back to eu-wp fine!
Still confused about the lower than expected hash rate but maybe that will improve in time?
Miles

poolwaffle just requested some help in that regard (re lower than expected hash rates being shown on web page stats)

Read this:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5871853

I thought that was about the issue a few days ago when the stratum came on line - I didn't see the drop them; only today when I came back following the DDOS.
If this is a more general "slower than expected" request I'd be happy to help out but I don't want to polute the results if it is specifically around the stratum complaints. Smiley
Miles
Activity: 13
USeast dead again for me Sad
Good to see we're back after the DDOS and my miners are back on the pool but one of them is showing 0 kh/s and 100% stale shares.  What the heck does that mean?  The other two seem to be rather lower than before (maybe 75% of their normal position)

Thanks

Miles

I noticed that 100% stale shares seems to be anomaly somewhere in pw's reporting when you are not submitting any hashes to the pool.  Make sure that the worker is actually running, and verify that it is connected to wafflepool.com.  If it is hijacked, then don't change it back right away.  Instead contact poolwaffle to help him isolate some of the variables of the attack.

Duh! it was still mining at the --failover pool and I missed that as all the other miners had recovered back to eu-wp fine!
Still confused about the lower than expected hash rate but maybe that will improve in time?
Miles

poolwaffle just requested some help in that regard (re lower than expected hash rates being shown on web page stats)

Read this:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5871853
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
Mining works but the values for unconverted and confirmed are staying the same. Is our hashing power currently counted?
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
It's still getting f*ing ddosed. So what the hell. Get some protection...or maybe the ddos is too big for protection I don't know.

Thanks

Miles

Miles
Activity: 14
"no-client-reconnect" : true,

What is the equivalent for a bat file? (don't use config)

--no-client-reconnect

Thanks

Miles

Good to see we're back after the DDOS and my miners are back on the pool but one of them is showing 0 kh/s and 100% stale shares.  What the heck does that mean?  The other two seem to be rather lower than before (maybe 75% of their normal position)

Thanks

Miles
Activity: 98
"no-client-reconnect" : true,

What is the equivalent for a bat file? (don't use config)
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Arghhh! we lost a serious amout of hash:

Hashrate: 8.27 GH/s     Miners: 3996  

Hope miners come back Smiley

That is only about one miner missing by my count.

OK, about 1200 miners, but only one with 25GH/s.

Yep ... where da whale

OK now that pool is up again it's time for a nap Smiley hopefully no problems when I wake up ...
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
A few days ago (before all the hijacking and DDOS problems), we had a few users saying that after we moved to the new stratum endpoints, they were seeing lower hashrates on average (there were a few graphs).

If you're one of those users, any chance you could do me a huge favor in trying to track it down?  Set your miner to a new address (new workername on the old address is fine - just something you've never used before), and mine for an hour or so on that address.  Write down what cgminer says your avg hashrate was, # shares accepted, # shares rejected, and send it all to me in an email? (with your new miner username of course, and what miner program you're using + version)

I want to see if its an issue with the new servers not feeding you data quickly enough, and seeing an idle, or if shares are getting dropped somewhere.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Arghhh! we lost a serious amout of hash:

Hashrate: 8.27 GH/s     Miners: 3996  

Hope miners come back Smiley

That is only about one miner missing by my count.

OK, about 1200 miners, but only one with 25GH/s.

Yep ... where da whale
Activity: 180
Merit: 1003
Wafflepoolmonitor.com Update

www.wafflepoolmonitor.com

Hi, The following updates have been made:
: Logo has been updated based on feedback, nothing great but hopefully better.
: Support for all hashrates from less than 1MH to more than 1GH.
: Option to view 1hr/12hr graphs for your total hashrates and balances.
: Worker statistics for each worker including its stale percent which is shown as dotted line of the same color as the worker. Also option to view 1h/12hr graphs here too.
:Time at which the webpage was refreshed is shown at top below the address.
: Unsent value (Unconverted+Confirmed) now shown.
: Pie chart showing unconverted pool balances of each coin as a percent after converting it in BTC.

If you like this please tip/donate to 1MrEdZWv5HqE7kJf2jAnYLF9LYGBDM11Zv
Thanks for more than 60K hits Smiley
Jump to: