Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 130. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Arghhh! we lost a serious amout of hash:

Hashrate: 8.27 GH/s     Miners: 3996  

Hope miners come back Smiley

That is only about one miner missing by my count.

OK, about 1200 miners, but only one with 25GH/s.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Arghhh! we lost a serious amout of hash:

Hashrate: 8.27 GH/s     Miners: 3996 

Hope miners come back Smiley
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
serious blow to the development of a pool. pw, hold on!
sorry for the english)
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Don't know if it will help with probing, but you do need it for Kalroth's cgminer.
Activity: 420
Guys, Did you see my message I am using Kalroth 3.7.3 and all I changed from Sgminer 4.1.0 is From -i 20   To --xintensity 500 <
For some stupid reason all i was seeing is probing for alive pool, Yes I do have Failover set, not sure if the commands are like sgminer like I said the Batch file was exactly like cgminer I deleted the Config.cf as I was only using a Batch file...
So All I have is cgminer.exe -o stratum Bla bla bla -u afkhs;dfjhfg;ksfjghs -p x --xintensity 500 -g 1 -w 256 etc etc you get the point I hope....

I tried Middlecoin , Waffle, Multipool, Clevermining and they all said probing for alive pool....

Did you add --scrypt to the cgminer batch file?

Thanks for the reply guys,

--scrypt??? I thought we dont need to use this with Sgminer and Kalroth??? I know for a fact Sgminer I do not use Scrypt as this fork was made especially for GPU/Scrypt? Dont tell me kalroth is not? lol i really hope this is the issue, BUt the funny thing is if I dont put scrypt would it be probing for alive pool?? or should it be doing something else

@ comeon--- Thanks I think the 500 is too much I dnt have a clue about x intensity I just googled it and thought I saw a setting with 500 so I tried it since I have fast cards, I am about to head back home I will try the XI settings you stated.
From wafflepool webpage : DDOS has subsided, stratum endpoints should be back up and running...

Thanks PW, will set miners back on waffle

shares being accepted on uswest.wafflepool.com Smiley YAY!
Activity: 490
What the hell is going on ? Waffle is not working, Clever is not working, Multipool is not working, middlecoin is not working.... This is incredible?? What the hell?

coinshift.com is still working, set it at your rig
Just seems to me you know too much about how the attack could be done and that you have been feeding bits and pieces to the thread and enjoying the F out of it all.  Maybe I am paranoid but I'd like to see justice for STOLEN hashes.  If I am wrong I apologise but I have always been a questioning person and when you deleted 2 posts it sent a red flag to me ... I should have quoted as I read ... my mistake.

All of the code is posted publicly on github.  You could go examine it too and learn how everything works, but so few people ever bother to do that.  With open source, the barriers to entry and learning are very low.  Now let's show some respect to the others and return this thread back to its proper purpose.

Agreed : I used to program in C many years ago but am 53 yr old and forgetful.  I can peruse through code and look for suspicious things.  However I have not actively done any programming for 20+ years and would be lost with all the complexities of TCP/IP and JSON and RPC calls.  Again I apologise to the community for being so paranoid if that's what it is.  I got ripped off too.
Just seems to me you know too much about how the attack could be done and that you have been feeding bits and pieces to the thread and enjoying the F out of it all.  Maybe I am paranoid but I'd like to see justice for STOLEN hashes.  If I am wrong I apologise but I have always been a questioning person and when you deleted 2 posts it sent a red flag to me ... I should have quoted as I read ... my mistake.

All of the code is posted publicly on github.  You could go examine it too and learn how everything works, but so few people ever bother to do that.  With open source, the barriers to entry and learning are very low.  Now let's show some respect to the others and return this thread back to its proper purpose.

utahjohn, I think you need to get some sleep and stop smoking so much weed.  it's making you paranoid.

ROFL

And you just registered your account here two days ago, which is just about the time this attack started happening, so maybe you're the one who is behind it all!!!

I wish I was knowlegable enough to have pulled off something this "brilliant" as you say.  Whomever is doing this is making a fortune with the stolen hashes, perhaps you would like to donate them to ME LOL.   Just kidding.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Guys, Did you see my message I am using Kalroth 3.7.3 and all I changed from Sgminer 4.1.0 is From -i 20   To --xintensity 500 <
For some stupid reason all i was seeing is probing for alive pool, Yes I do have Failover set, not sure if the commands are like sgminer like I said the Batch file was exactly like cgminer I deleted the Config.cf as I was only using a Batch file...
So All I have is cgminer.exe -o stratum Bla bla bla -u afkhs;dfjhfg;ksfjghs -p x --xintensity 500 -g 1 -w 256 etc etc you get the point I hope....

I tried Middlecoin , Waffle, Multipool, Clevermining and they all said probing for alive pool....

Did you add --scrypt to the cgminer batch file?

utahjohn, I think you need to get some sleep and stop smoking so much weed.  it's making you paranoid.

ROFL

utahjohn, I think you need to get some sleep and stop smoking so much weed.  it's making you paranoid.
@POOLWAFFLE

twice now comeonalready has replied to my last posts and then immediately deleted them.  This time he said "I guess I won't be replying publically to questions" makes me VERY suspicious!
@COMEON curious your last reply to my question disappeared from thread ... did you delete it?

I don't remember exact wording but the gist of it was that you warned poolwaffle privately that the client.reconnect attack was a possibility ...
Guys, Did you see my message I am using Kalroth 3.7.3 and all I changed from Sgminer 4.1.0 is From -i 20   To --xintensity 500 < Just experiment I was just testing Xintensity And I thought since the miner has stopped ths is my chance to try new settings as It took me so long just to get the Sgminer stable with 7 x 290x  For some stupid reason all i was seeing is probing for alive pool, Yes I do have Failover set, not sure if the commands are like sgminer like I said the Batch file was exactly like cgminer I deleted the Config.cf as I was only using a Batch file... I have never used a config file... did I do something wrong here do I have to leave this file in the folder even though its not in use? It has default settings which came with the kalroth download and have nothing to do with my setup.. which is why I deleted it and trying to use a batch file.

I tried Middlecoin , Waffle, Multipool, Clevermining and they all said probing for alive pool.... And something interesting is I got AMD driver display crash after a few goes running the batch file with kalroth.. using the xintensity.. I am lost I am not at home now but some tips would be great, sorry for blabbing I  just thought id message so that by the time I get home someone may give me some ideas on why this is happening or what it "was" happening for all i know when I get home everything will be back to normal I hope... but i am curious to know why this was happening and posibly still may be happening when i get back

I don't have any experience with a 290x and I'm going from memory so I might be way off and probably am, but as the 290x has 2816 stream processors, i=13 is roughly equivalent to xi=3, and i=20 roughly equivalent to x1=372.  So if i=20 was working for you, then try xi=372 and then move up from there.
is there a mole within this thread and having that we have discovered the reconnect problem (which curiously has ceased) they are trying another tactic to destroy multi pools?
Have not tried messing with xintensity, I am also running 3.7.3-kalroth but still with normal intensity 13 on R9-280x and 7950
This attack is brilliant in a way, and I find it to be quite fascinating, however frustrating it is to many.  It probably is something along the lines of a combination of dns hijack (perhaps intermittent in nature so as much more difficult to track down) via bad bgp updates or targeted icmp redirect messages to vulnerable networking equipment, and a stratum mining server emulator responding in an appropriate manner to any mining.subscribe, mining.authorize or mining.set_difficulty messages, with a client.reconnect message returned to every miner after receiving their first mining.submit message, used as a simple method of distributing all that stolen hashpower to various endpoints.  And there is probably more to it that has not yet been seen.  Because why would the attackers not go after more than just hashpower?

The network hashrate for litecoin alone had fallen from a peak of approximately 170GH/s to under 135GH/s at one point, so it is having a tremendous effect.  And whoever initiated this attack chose to carry it out at the beginning of a weekend which is the great timing, as no one wants to be dragged back to work after leaving on a Friday evening.  But now that it is Monday, we are likely nearing the end of it.  So let's all get better prepared for the next attack when this one ends, and not just forget about it having happened!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5867183
Jump to: