Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 162. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254
So PW, it's been 48 hours over at ghash.io, have you ben able to withdrawal the LTC earnings from when we were proxied yet? Any word on how well we did?

Yeah, i'm interested too, what is going on with that?

Absolutely haven't forgotten about it. Unfortunately my internet was out for most of the weekend (Friday night until Sunday night), so a lot of that time if I wanted to get anything done, it was tethered through my phone, or taking my laptop to a bar.  So I've mostly been working on stuff I had locally (new stratum build, also my actual job =P).

We actually proxied _very_ little during that first couple hours before they changed the rewards.  In an effort to get it up and running quickly, I unfortunately don't have a concrete amount of time or % for those times that we were actually proxying.  It was on average around 5% of the pool, a few bursts of 25%, again, no hard stats, just the amount I would setup to go, and it was getting changed every 10 minutes throughout those couple of hours.

As the LTC came in, I just converted it to BTC (2 batches).  Total of 60.6934365 LTC, after exchanging, 1.59282696 BTC.

I don't have a great way to move that into payouts quite yet (requires a special script).  What I'm planning on doing however, is taking all the shares submitted during the time we were proxying (I'll look up when I announced it, and when I stopped), and divide the BTC evenly between everyone based on shares (PROP rather than PPLNS).  Its not a huge amount of BTC, and its a hack no matter how we do it, my thought is this is "good enough" (gets us 99.99% of the benefit) with like 2% of the work.

I'll make a post when it gets included in the balances, probably either late today, maybe tomorrow/wed (depending on how the rest of catching up from not having internet goes).
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
^^

Just asking for info, not urging or anything else, what's going on with you?

Three people have already asked this question, and poolwaffle has proven himself to be very responsive.  He is not ignoring the question.  If we all keep hammering him with the same question over and over, he might just turn into the nightmare admin from middlecoin.  I know I probably would having to deal with this crap every day.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
^^

Just asking for info, not urging or anything else, what's going on with you?
So PW, it's been 48 hours over at ghash.io, have you ben able to withdrawal the LTC earnings from when we were proxied yet? Any word on how well we did?

The weekend is just ending!  Give the poor guy some rest.  He is not our slave.  You can wait a little longer to get your $5...
Activity: 47

Activity: 5
PW, what's about SpainCoin? new coin on coinwarz, 180% Profitability over LTC, Netw. Diff 800+
Activity: 26
Anyone having this problem?

-image removed-

It always happen 5-10 seconds. what is the solution for this?  Huh
Im using wafflepool.

Happend to me also a few times, i would like to know too why if anyone can help? Using wafflepool only.

maybe an issue with WIFI.

Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart

This is not an issue. I believe you get this when new transactions (sending/receiving coins) are added to the potential block so we need to restart hashing from the beginning using the additional transactions.

Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted

This could be a WIFI issue (don't use it unless you must), ISP issue or PoolWaffle working on the servers.  Make sure you have a backup pool set.   Don't worry about it unless it happens a lot.
The only real problem with Iceland, besides the risk of death by volcano, is the language.  You cannot even use a GPS there because they lock up as soon as they try to pronounce the name of the street you have to turn on.  

Turn left on Vatnsveitevegur, turn right on Vesturlandsvegur, now arriving at Vioastaoaskoli. (all real names from Reykjavik area with accents missing)
Activity: 135
I truly wish everyone luck with mining. Rates on coins and profitability are coming down like world trade. The investment into hardware is no longer justified based on the returns, especially with summer around the corner which requires MUCH more electricity for cooling. Seems those who pay the least for their electric will benefit. Especially when you consider the influx of miners that are taking advantage of lower prices on hardware (recently they have been discounted), the more people mine the quicker coins go down the tubes. I now realize that I could have made WAY more in arbitrage vs. putting money into mining directly.
Sorry to discourage anyone. Good luck.

It's always 'not summer' somewhere.  I phrase it this way because winter only really exists somewhere between six to nine months of the year in the northern and southern hemispheres.  Near the equator, I suppose they might just consider themselves as having two summers, I really don't know.  If anything, the economics of cryptocoin mining discriminates against those who live close to the equator.  But those living on the pole side of the tropics might be in the best situation to mine year round if they have reasonably priced electricity available to them.

There is very good reason that many would call Iceland the perfect place to mine.  Inexpensive hydro and geothermal power, with free arctic air to cool equipment!

I heard there's plenty of fine young women there too.  ratio outnumbers men = good thing.  I want to go soooo bad  (don't tell my wife!)  lololol

Aaagh!  You beat me editing my post!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
I truly wish everyone luck with mining. Rates on coins and profitability are coming down like world trade. The investment into hardware is no longer justified based on the returns, especially with summer around the corner which requires MUCH more electricity for cooling. Seems those who pay the least for their electric will benefit. Especially when you consider the influx of miners that are taking advantage of lower prices on hardware (recently they have been discounted), the more people mine the quicker coins go down the tubes. I now realize that I could have made WAY more in arbitrage vs. putting money into mining directly.

It's always 'not summer' somewhere.  I phrase it this way because winter only really exists somewhere between six to nine months of the year in the northern and southern hemispheres.  Near the equator, I suppose they might just consider themselves as having two summers, I really don't know.  If anything, the economics of cryptocoin mining discriminates against those who live close to the equator.  But those living on the pole side of the tropics might be in the best situation to mine year round if they have reasonably priced electricity available to them.

There is very good reason that many would call Iceland the perfect place to mine.  Inexpensive hydro and geothermal power, with free arctic air to cool equipment!

I heard there's plenty of fine young women there too.  ratio outnumbers men = good thing.  I want to go soooo bad  (don't tell my wife!)  lololol
There is very good reason that many would call Iceland the perfect place to mine.  Inexpensive hydro and geothermal power, with free arctic air to cool equipment!

It is great until your rig gets buried under a ton of volcanic ash, or melted by lava.

Yes, but then you'll be dead too or able to collect the insurance.  You did buy an insurance policy to cover your business investment, no?

Plus...  Have you ever seen Icelandic women?  I'll suffer though a little volcanic fallout for that.
Activity: 126
There is very good reason that many would call Iceland the perfect place to mine.  Inexpensive hydro and geothermal power, with free arctic air to cool equipment!

It is great until your rig gets buried under a ton of volcanic ash, or melted by lava.

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Anyone having this problem?

It always happen 5-10 seconds. what is the solution for this?  Huh
Im using wafflepool.

Happend to me also a few times, i would like to know too why if anyone can help? Using wafflepool only.

maybe an issue with WIFI.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
So guys, when is this going to be as profitable as mining litecoin directly? its very close isn't it? When that happens is it even worth mining at multipools?
Answer is no. While many coins are popping up that may seem profitable, it's only for a short period until people sell them all off and drive the value down.

NO I mean Litecoin? Not other coins..
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
So guys, when is this going to be as profitable as mining litecoin directly? its very close isn't it? When that happens is it even worth mining at multipools?
Answer is no. While many coins are popping up that may seem profitable, it's only for a short period until people sell them all off and drive the value down.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
sfire can you please f off with all your GHs and let us mine other coins...
What other coins?  sfire's hashing power isn't stopping WafflePool from mining anything right now.

@PoolWaffle: I think automatic shift length adjustment is much needed on WafflePool right now.  Maybe make a lookup table based on current hashrate?  Shifts are flying by way too fast right now (just over 1/minute).
Activity: 56
Is the whale back again Huh  Angry
something went wrong at ghio and like last time he came back. he will go when ghio will start getting blocks again.
Jump to: