Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 201. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.
What is your hashrate?

I never restart my miners unless doing updates or major changes, and do not have any issues.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I get a huge kick out of people who complain about multi-pools "damaging" or "destroying" altcoins.  If an altcoin market isn't strong enough to survive a big sell off, or the protocol isn't built well enough to handle difficulty spikes, then that altcoin deserves to get hammered.

That said, AUR didn't bomb because of WafflePool.  It bombed because it's price rise was ridiculous - driven mostly by the largely bullshit coinmarketcap.com valuation that includes the pre-mined (and inactive/non-circulated) coins.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
@Poolwaffle, nice politically correct answer. Smiley I will not provide you "any meaningful suggestions" as, to be honest, I want you to fail because (and I didn't know when I started mining but I am sure of it now) these 1.0 auto-profit switching pools are pure evil, wrecking the coin markets by operating the way they do.

I hope these pools like yours (and even the 2.0 ones) become even more useless soon when more coins start to implement custom/different protocols requiring modified mining software. We've already seen this with Keccak SHA-3 and Scrypt Jane and the different CPU only coins. I'm only hoping someone won't develop auto-protocol/algorithm-switching mining software then! Wink

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy.... Please...
I hate this moralism crap!...

Keep the good work PoolWaffle, and lets all get money (and i mean good money), and do "rape" alt coins if they get us some good profit...

I don´t care about false moralisms... but i do care if im going to the caribbean this summer! 0.0001 BTC Donated to you PoolWaffer! Smiley

LPC

Ahrrr! I vote we change the name of the pool to PirateWaffle!  Plunder all the coins mates!
Activity: 60
Call me a moralist I call you dumb and short-sighted... Have fun at the "carabean", I guess you mean the caribbean islands. Maybe next summer I'll see you at the Maldives!  Grin
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
@Poolwaffle, nice politically correct answer. Smiley I will not provide you "any meaningful suggestions" as, to be honest, I want you to fail because (and I didn't know when I started mining but I am sure of it now) these 1.0 auto-profit switching pools are pure evil, wrecking the coin markets by operating the way they do.

I hope these pools like yours (and even the 2.0 ones) become even more useless soon when more coins start to implement custom/different protocols requiring modified mining software. We've already seen this with Keccak SHA-3 and Scrypt Jane and the different CPU only coins. I'm only hoping someone won't develop auto-protocol/algorithm-switching mining software then! Wink

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy.... Please...
I hate this moralism crap!...

Keep the good work PoolWaffle, and lets all get money (and i mean good money), and do "rape" alt coins if they get us some good profit...

I don´t care about false moralisms... but i do care if im going to the caribbean this summer! 0.0001 BTC Donated to you PoolWaffer! Smiley

LPC

I'm not mining here so I am not the one to blame. It's the auto-profit switching pools and ultimately the stupid, greedy and lazy clients of these pools demanding profits at all costs doing nothing but complaining profits aren't high enough.

Ah ok.  good luck to you sir.  Your opinion isnt needed then.  On to the ignore list
Activity: 4
Obvious troll is obvious.  I think someone got butt hurt over aurora coin crashing because he dumped his life savings into it at the high and now is freaking out.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
OK fair enough, I could have added 'other priorities' to the list of reasons to mine at a pool like Waffle.

I think then it's all they deserve though but if only people would convert some of the energy put into complaining and whining about lowering "profits" into something that really helps them they would learn there are other easy ways to earn money with just that little bit more effort. Bye now!
Your coin choosing algorithms are a bit simple then if they are affected so much by pumps.  Undecided Since you wrecked the coin and need at least 103 confirms before you can trade the coins I'm happy to see you're not going to make much money out of it anyway. Since wrecking the coin, prices are down as well. Block times are high since you left the remaining miners at a very high difficulty, high enough for them to walk away, so you're probably no where near those 103 confirms yet. For once I hope prices will drop further so you'll be left with worthless coins and maybe learn something out of it.

umm,  why you you blaming him?  Is it not your hashing power helping "wreck" these coins?  He may be steering the car but you are helping push the gas pedal.  If we run over a few people I think its a little bit you fault too?   seriously, go somewhere else if you dont like it. 

Does anyone anywhere take any responsibility for themselves anymore?    I must have missed that class in school where you learn that nothing is ever your fault. 

I'm not mining here so I am not the one to blame. It's the auto-profit switching pools and ultimately the stupid, greedy and lazy clients of these pools demanding profits at all costs doing nothing but complaining profits aren't high enough.

Fuck, I thought we were mining for a loss..all this time making money! Who knew?

Lol, you can make so much more money! Mining at a multi-coin auto switching profit pool is the least profitable way, it's for the lazy and stupid people.

Oh vay.......I wouldn't have said that. You are calling out over aprox 50Gh/s of hashing power over various pools out. You are a joke. Most "lazy and stupid people" HAVE JOBS. With that being said, if everyone had time to "make so much more money" then why isn't everyone doing it? Mining is a fucking hobby. If you want to make it a full time job, have fun.
Your coin choosing algorithms are a bit simple then if they are affected so much by pumps.  Undecided Since you wrecked the coin and need at least 103 confirms before you can trade the coins I'm happy to see you're not going to make much money out of it anyway. Since wrecking the coin, prices are down as well. Block times are high since you left the remaining miners at a very high difficulty, high enough for them to walk away, so you're probably no where near those 103 confirms yet. For once I hope prices will drop further so you'll be left with worthless coins and maybe learn something out of it.

umm,  why you you blaming him?  Is it not your hashing power helping "wreck" these coins?  He may be steering the car but you are helping push the gas pedal.  If we run over a few people I think its a little bit you fault too?   seriously, go somewhere else if you dont like it.  

Does anyone anywhere take any responsibility for themselves anymore?    I must have missed that class in school where you learn that nothing is ever your fault.  

Fuck, I thought we were mining for a loss..all this time making money! Who knew?

Lol, you can make so much more money! Mining at a multi-coin auto switching profit pool is the least profitable way, it's for the lazy and stupid people.
Your coin choosing algorithms are a bit simple then if they are affected so much by pumps.  Undecided Since you wrecked the coin and need at least 103 confirms before you can trade the coins I'm happy to see you're not going to make much money out of it anyway. Since wrecking the coin, prices are down as well. Block times are high since you left the remaining miners at a very high difficulty, high enough for them to walk away, so you're probably no where near those 103 confirms yet. For once I hope prices will drop further so you'll be left with worthless coins and maybe learn something out of it.

umm,  why you you blaming him?  Is it not your hashing power helping "wreck" these coins?  He may be steering the car but you are helping push the gas pedal.  If we run over a few people I think its a little bit you fault too?   seriously, go somewhere else if you dont like it.  

Does anyone anywhere take any responsibility for themselves anymore?    I must have missed that class in school where you learn that nothing is ever your fault.  

umm,  why you you blaming him?  Is it not your hashing power helping "wreck" these coins?  He may be steering the car but you are helping push the gas pedal.  If we run over a few people I think its a little bit you fault too?   seriously, go somewhere else if you dont like it. 

Does anyone anywhere take any responsibility for themselves anymore?    I must have missed that class in school where you learn that nothing is ever your fault. 

Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Then we've got a lot of room for improvement, which is awesome Smiley

Why don't you divide your 25GH/s hashing power a bit over multiple coins that can handle the load so your coin raping becomes a bit more sustainable?
Isn't this exactly what I said we did?

If you don't your 'clients' will keep seeing lowering BTC/MH/day numbers everyday then I guess they'll go back to dedicated mining the coins they themselves believe in or stop mining in any way. Coin profit switching pools like Middlecoin, of which Wafflepool and Cleverming are identical copies are so 1.0, we need a 2.0 version of these types of pools and fortunately they're beginning to surface.
And I wish coinshift the best of luck (which I assume is who you're talking about).  There's always room for improvement in anything internet related, and I really hope they do something really innovative, its awesome to see people doing neat new things.  That said, I'm not sure exactly what neat things they're doing there, but their graphs are showing that they're mining with about 1/3 of their hashpower constantly Smiley  Hopefully just a display issue (everyone knows we've had our fair share).

On the other side, if you're truly concerned with how we're handling which coins we're mining, and how we assign hashpower, please do give meaningful suggestions (suggestions are way better than just "you screwed up" - I can tell when that happens, fixing things is the hard part).  I feel I've been more than receptive to what people want here, and I'd love to hear any suggestions you've got.  I've heard things from "Add smaller coins to eek out that last 1% of profits" and I've heard things like "too risky and it will add variance, stick to major coins/exchanges".  Its tough to please everyone, but I'm trying my best Smiley
I wish you knew what you were talking about  Grin Grin
Well done Waffle, you've raped and killed Auroracoin yesterday and the few days before. It's dead for now...and I'm sure you'll blame it entirely on the coin. Undecided
If a coin that is made to be mined, is destroyed by said mining, then that coin was poorly written and didn't deserve to be around. There are enough shitcoins floating around without any innovation and are no more than copy/paste's of other coins that suffered the same fate.

Sigh, I'm not going to explain. Read this for example: http://coinshift.com/about/

Oddly enough, you could also claim that it was destroyed by someone spiking prices on exchanges, making people very excited about it, drawing them in to mining it, and then prices dropping drastically, turning people away from it.  Or you could call these things market forces.  Or you can blame it all on us.  Its really completely up to you.

Why don't you divide your 25GH/s hashing power a bit over multiple coins that can handle the load so your coin raping becomes a bit more sustainable? If you don't your 'clients' will keep seeing lowering BTC/MH/day numbers everyday then I guess they'll go back to dedicated mining the coins they themselves believe in or stop mining in any way. Coin profit switching pools like Middlecoin, of which Wafflepool and Cleverming are identical copies are so 1.0, we need a 2.0 version of these types of pools and fortunately they're beginning to surface.
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Well done Waffle, you've raped and killed Auroracoin yesterday and the few days before. It's dead for now...and I'm sure you'll blame it entirely on the coin. Undecided
If a coin that is made to be mined, is destroyed by said mining, then that coin was poorly written and didn't deserve to be around. There are enough shitcoins floating around without any innovation and are no more than copy/paste's of other coins that suffered the same fate.

Sigh, I'm not going to explain. Read this for example: http://coinshift.com/about/

Loving the subtle plug for a rival pool Smiley

Whats more fun, is the fact that we do the same thing (mining multiple coins at varying strengths).  Partly for the same reasons (not to hurt the coins), partly for other reasons (our own profitability) Smiley
Jump to: