Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 95. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
OK, Here's a heads up for everybody.

Our master database has been getting closer and closer to its limit over the past month, and instead of waiting for it to die fully, I've got a new one spooled up and ready to go.  Its about 4x as big (in terms of performance), so we should have a large amount of head-room for the future.  Ideally we'll be moving over to the new server tomorrow afternoon if everything in our tests goes correctly.

This shouldn't affect any miners, but will possibly affect anyone pulling stats from our API during the cut-over time.  Shares from endpoints are logged to a share-collector before being processed into the DB, and that share collector will be unaffected.  Most likely you'll see stats stop updating (if you're looking at a 3rd party stats site), or you'll see our webpage go down with a "Maintenance" banner.

Once we swap over to the new database completely, all of the pending shares will be processed, so you might see a drop in hashrate, and then a huge spike in hashrate, this is expected just because of the delay in processing shares.

We don't expect the cut-over to take more than 15-30 minutes, but it could possibly take up to an hour.

If anything were to happen that would cause a loss of shares from stratum endpoints (not planned), I will shut off the stratum endpoints entirely, and your miner will failover to a backup pool until we're back up and running.  You have a backup pool configured, correct?

I have to say, you are by far one of the best pool operators when it comes to communication.  In a crypto-world where everyone loves to yell 'scam!' at the first sign of trouble, it is good to get a clear and concise heads up when things will be slightly out of the ordinary for a small amount of time. 

Keep up the good work!
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
OK, Here's a heads up for everybody.

Our master database has been getting closer and closer to its limit over the past month, and instead of waiting for it to die fully, I've got a new one spooled up and ready to go.  Its about 4x as big (in terms of performance), so we should have a large amount of head-room for the future.  Ideally we'll be moving over to the new server tomorrow afternoon if everything in our tests goes correctly.

This shouldn't affect any miners, but will possibly affect anyone pulling stats from our API during the cut-over time.  Shares from endpoints are logged to a share-collector before being processed into the DB, and that share collector will be unaffected.  Most likely you'll see stats stop updating (if you're looking at a 3rd party stats site), or you'll see our webpage go down with a "Maintenance" banner.

Once we swap over to the new database completely, all of the pending shares will be processed, so you might see a drop in hashrate, and then a huge spike in hashrate, this is expected just because of the delay in processing shares.

We don't expect the cut-over to take more than 15-30 minutes, but it could possibly take up to an hour.

If anything were to happen that would cause a loss of shares from stratum endpoints (not planned), I will shut off the stratum endpoints entirely, and your miner will failover to a backup pool until we're back up and running.  You have a backup pool configured, correct?
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
UPDATE www.wafflepoolmonitor.com :

Due to a bug in code, the graph would jump showing incorrect past values for hashrates and balances, also for some non regular miners on this pool past values would flatline at 0. The bug has been corrected and no such error should be seen now on.

Thanks for the update.

I'm still seeing the problem that I reported earlier where there are spikes between zero and maximum hash rate every 20 minutes. You indicated that this happens when wafflepoolmonitor is not able to get the data through the api from wafflepool for a address.

This seems to happen every day, for hours at a stretch. And in fact it's happening for me now. It started a little less than 5 hours ago.

When I go directly to the wafflepool.com tmp_api URL for my address, I always get back reasonable JSON.

I really like wafflepoolmonitor, but it's hard to get reasonable info out of it when it's in this broken mode.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Just a random question, i just rebuilt one of my miners, same config as before, but 3 new cards.

In Cgminer, its showing avg of 3100mh/s, on waffle, it shows 700kh/s?? After this is after 30mins, where it should be up and counting full speed??
I use http://waffle.mctools.ca/ for my stats and graphs.

But today I have seen two anomalies not seen previously.  Two massive spikes in unexchanged.  Both are one unit of time long.

Yep, these are from when I changed exchanges for a few of our coins.  The script read the new prices incorrectly and showed our unexchanged for those coins as worth a rediculous amount, which is why it goes right back to normal afterwards (fixed the script).  I'll dig into the DB and smooth out those entries...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I use http://waffle.mctools.ca/ for my stats and graphs.

But today I have seen two anomalies not seen previously.  Two massive spikes in unexchanged.  Both are one unit of time long.

Activity: 180
Merit: 1003
What happened to waffle stats? I changed pools for a while and now I am switching back but the old wafflestats link doesn't work:

http://waffles.wilschrader.com/

you can try http://www.wafflepoolmonitor.com/
LDR
Activity: 119
What happened to waffle stats? I changed pools for a while and now I am switching back but the old wafflestats link doesn't work:

http://waffles.wilschrader.com/
Merit: 100
Well, still down to 1.2 MH/s from normally 3.5 MH/s.  And my stalerate is staying close to 20% when it normally is under 10%.  I haven't touched my rig since I set it up a few days ago.  This does not bode well.

Stale rate is completely expected/normal.  Coin values/difficulties are shifting around quite a bit the last two days, and because of this we're mining more small coins.  Example, if we can earn +25% over LTC but it gets us a +20% reject rate, its still worth it (and what we do).

Ok I'll ignore the stale rate, but my hash rate is really low.  Normally I would average around 20K/round, but in the last hour or so it has dropped way down.

http://wafflepool.com/miner/15ujve8j3RMed5X5bxkHsS47rHvQZvopY8

I see that, stalerate looks to be about the same though (or within normal at least).  Which endpoint are you connected to?  Can you try restarting your worker?  If this were a pool-wide problem we'd see it in our hashrate graph (uses that same shift-shares backend), and hashrate looks normal...

Either uswest or useast.  I think I chose uswest for primary.  Either my ISP is bringing me down with their 3-second latency they love to give me or my miners just need a good bouncing.  I guess I will just watch until I get home and if it doesn't improve I'll bounce the service and see if they come back up to full capacity.
Well, still down to 1.2 MH/s from normally 3.5 MH/s.  And my stalerate is staying close to 20% when it normally is under 10%.  I haven't touched my rig since I set it up a few days ago.  This does not bode well.

Stale rate is completely expected/normal.  Coin values/difficulties are shifting around quite a bit the last two days, and because of this we're mining more small coins.  Example, if we can earn +25% over LTC but it gets us a +20% reject rate, its still worth it (and what we do).

Ok I'll ignore the stale rate, but my hash rate is really low.  Normally I would average around 20K/round, but in the last hour or so it has dropped way down.

I see that, stalerate looks to be about the same though (or within normal at least).  Which endpoint are you connected to?  Can you try restarting your worker?  If this were a pool-wide problem we'd see it in our hashrate graph (uses that same shift-shares backend), and hashrate looks normal...
Well, still down to 1.2 MH/s from normally 3.5 MH/s.  And my stalerate is staying close to 20% when it normally is under 10%.  I haven't touched my rig since I set it up a few days ago.  This does not bode well.

Stale rate is completely expected/normal.  Coin values/difficulties are shifting around quite a bit the last two days, and because of this we're mining more small coins.  Example, if we can earn +25% over LTC but it gets us a +20% reject rate, its still worth it (and what we do).

Ok I'll ignore the stale rate, but my hash rate is really low.  Normally I would average around 20K/round, but in the last hour or so it has dropped way down.

Well, still down to 1.2 MH/s from normally 3.5 MH/s.  And my stalerate is staying close to 20% when it normally is under 10%.  I haven't touched my rig since I set it up a few days ago.  This does not bode well.

Stale rate is completely expected/normal.  Coin values/difficulties are shifting around quite a bit the last two days, and because of this we're mining more small coins.  Example, if we can earn +25% over LTC but it gets us a +20% reject rate, its still worth it (and what we do).
Activity: 75
Mine finally went back to normal also.  I hope it didn't hurt stats.  As slow as my miners are I need every .000000000000001 i can get Smiley
If you guys are still seeing this, please let me know (email/post any details/addresses).  No code has changed on the live server in multiple days, and all the servers look to be cruising along (load is fine).

Looks ok now..  Seems like it lasted about 10 min for me..  As far as I could tell..

I'm still waiting for mine to go back up, I'm still less than half of what I normally pull.
Activity: 112
If you guys are still seeing this, please let me know (email/post any details/addresses).  No code has changed on the live server in multiple days, and all the servers look to be cruising along (load is fine).

Looks ok now..  Seems like it lasted about 10 min for me..  As far as I could tell..
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Do we have earthcoin in mining basket ?
Activity: 182
I'm getting some weird numbers/behavior also. They still seem to be running and hashing but the numbers are lower than they should be by about 30-40%.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Anything going on with WP??  My hash rate just dropped about 30% but miners show they are fine???

Same here, I can see only 50%. See my post above.

A.
Pages:
Jump to: