Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 59. (Read 240343 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
Sell your GPU and buy ASIC.

let the gamers get their GPU

I'm not going to lie, I have considered it from time to time. However..... The problem I have with ASICS its a one way ticket for hashing with a definite end (life cycle) usually sooner than later. If you don't make your ROI in the first 3 months or less you probably wont. You will end up buying more to keep up pace with the the network hash (if ya wanna make any coins) it becomes a never ending money pit to keep up. There may be other same coin algos to mine with them, but all algo related coins always seem to plane out at their respective hash rates and difficulty's. And usually all about the same daily earning potentials overall.

Where as with GPU's you will usually have many opportunity's over and over to go after other algos, or revisit old ones. Lots of wiggle room. I have GPU's almost 4 years old STILL making me money as I type. Nope you cant say that for ANY ASICS out there.

So the question is, do I want to go down that money pit road with ASICS that will become door stops far sooner than later. I usually end up talking my self out of the notion lol

I have a stack of Gridseed dual miners.... ya remember those? lol BIGGEST waste of my mining money to date, worthless and became that way within a couple months. Got a 30 Mh Gridseed G-Black Scrypt miner... worthless... not sure I ever broke even on it  Roll Eyes

If 10 of us are mining, I go buy an ASIC and the rest of you just have your GPU's, I am absolutely going kill it and scarf up all the coins we mine together in our pool, you get crumbs.

Now If we all go buy an ASIC and all 10 of us are mining, then now we are no better off on hashing, or shares earned, then we were with our GPU's in the beginning. ASICS are a one way ticket to no where  Wink

Long live ETN!!!   Cheesy

Im waiting to hear more about how well these new reprogramable ASICs work.

Maybe. You never know. Just maybe......
Now that would be a game changer no doubt!  Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
I was expecting to find a question about what iOS device you're using in their registration form, will the app be available to every device?
I have the latest iPad Pro, but will it also work on iPhone 5 for example?
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
These are news that make me happy, Apple has finally approved the Electroneum App! Don't get overly excited as it is in the Beta testing stage. If you are interested to be a Beta tester read the announcement.
They also posted a video, so this is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9HK5jS9x4&feature=share

"Great news! Apple have reviewed and approved the Electroneum app!

It's not in the App Store yet - we are BETA testing it with invited users next week.

Subject to any small bugs or errors being fixed, we should have it live in the app store shortly after.

We can invite up to 10,000 people on our Testflight BETA program so we will pick 10,000 of those apply to test it. The BETA program will be on the live Blockchain!

In line with Apple's modified terms and conditions, we have removed the mobile mining experience for the time being. However we've discussed allowing CLOUD mining access, and are working with Apple to find a solution to this.

We are developing a new way to mine from iOS, which is actually so cool we'll almost certainly extend it to Android users too!. Electroneum Cloud Mining should be ready to go in the coming months!

If you would like to BETA test the Electroneum app on your iPhone please complete the following application form and we'll get you added to our Apple Testflight system: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYx2FED9WgnMMZ_WoN_eaDbHxYhcuqH69bPjiaCsfnU71GYw/viewform?usp=sf_link"

(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2033085340286767)
So? its already available for a gazzilion Androids... didn't make much of a difference lol  Roll Eyes just more headaches, bugs and confusion...

Okay, you ETN heads have fun with this fad coin. Let me know when get your first lambo.

I had already moved on to a more profitable GPU coin to mine before the fork announcement as mining wasn't paying anything. But it could have, had that the devs not wussed out and caved into peer pressure...

My interest in the app has nothing to do with mobile mining or even the wallet (as I prefer a paper wallet), but more with the other uses they are aiming at. Sure, this may take a while; and even though I have made some profit with ETN and other coins, I am not expecting a lambo anytime soon (if ever), with this or any other coin with the way the market has been behaving lately.

Glad to hear you have moved to a coin you can mine that suits better your profit needs.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Aw man. Discussing about hash rate insecurity, forking etc ... bring back the bitcoin memory of summer 2013. So keep hodling guys  Cheesy
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN

I'm not going to lie, I have considered it from time to time. However..... The problem I have with ASICS its a one way ticket for hashing with a definite end (life cycle) usually sooner than later. If you don't make your ROI in the first 3 months or less you probably wont. You will end up buying more to keep up pace with the the network hash (if ya wanna make any coins) it becomes a never ending money pit to keep up. There may be other same coin algos to mine with them, but all algo related coins always seem to plane out at their respective hash rates and difficulty's. And usually all about the same daily earning potentials overall.

Where as with GPU's you will usually have many opportunity's over and over to go after other algos, or revisit old ones. Lots of wiggle room. I have GPU's almost 4 years old STILL making me money as I type. Nope you cant say that for ANY ASICS out there.

So the question is, do I want to go down that money pit road with ASICS that will become door stops far sooner than later. I usually end up talking my self out of the notion lol

I have a stack of Gridseed dual miners.... ya remember those? lol BIGGEST waste of my mining money to date, worthless and became that way within a couple months. Got a 30 Mh Gridseed G-Black Scrypt miner... worthless... not sure I ever broke even on it  Roll Eyes

If 10 of us are mining, I go buy an ASIC and the rest of you just have your GPU's, I am absolutely going kill it and scarf up all the coins we mine together in our pool, you get crumbs.

Now If we all go buy an ASIC and all 10 of us are mining, then now we are no better off on hashing, or shares earned, then we were with our GPU's in the beginning. ASICS are a one way ticket to no where  Wink

Im waiting to hear more about how well these new reprogramable ASICs work.

Maybe. You never know. Just maybe......
Activity: 74
Merit: 1

Some reality checks -
Like Dero Etn loves asics Smiley
gpus are for gamers.
Top coins are only asics.
gpu miners, decentralization, egalitarian are myth gpu miners are just profit whores.
Botnet miners and nicehash are weeping loudly seeing asics.
All coin devs with switch to asics in future. Fuck gpu whores.
legendary

Activity: 301
Merit: 31
Good to see ETN back to asics. more stability and secure.

GPU algo are not worth as long nicehash still around

Are you serious?
ASICs might put the whole network under high risks due to its potentially dominant hashrates and higher risk of replay attacks.

Exactly, a lot of hashing power in hands of few owners...specially when Bitmain start mining in silence with a new 1Mhs Cryptonight beasts.
Activity: 434
Merit: 52

Are you serious?
ASICs might put the whole network under high risks due to its potentially dominant hashrates and higher risk of replay attacks.

That is bullshit. everyone can buy ASIC if they want to. who dominate who

That response has nothing to do with what he/she said.
Activity: 101

Are you serious?

That is bullshit. everyone can buy ASIC if they want to. who dominate who
Activity: 1288
Merit: 102
ETN should have been a token on ETH... Don't you think?

Actually i think no. Electorneum is aiming into a different direction where it doesn't fit really to be based on Ethereum in my opinion.
Not even talking about that Ethereum is allready overloaded. I don't think that a micro payment coin should be on Ethereum, actually
i would go as far as saying that a payment coin on ETH is doomed to fail.

ETH is failed to provide the solution with cheap fee and faster speed. I think so ETN is moving forward into good direction with great approach. In coming days with some upgrades this project will be in more high demand as this is very secure network.
These are news that make me happy, Apple has finally approved the Electroneum App! Don't get overly excited as it is in the Beta testing stage. If you are interested to be a Beta tester read the announcement.
They also posted a video, so this is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9HK5jS9x4&feature=share

It's not in the App Store yet - we are BETA testing it with invited users next week.

Subject to any small bugs or errors being fixed, we should have it live in the app store shortly after.

We can invite up to 10,000 people on our Testflight BETA program so we will pick 10,000 of those apply to test it. The BETA program will be on the live Blockchain!

In line with Apple's modified terms and conditions, we have removed the mobile mining experience for the time being. However we've discussed allowing CLOUD mining access, and are working with Apple to find a solution to this.

We are developing a new way to mine from iOS, which is actually so cool we'll almost certainly extend it to Android users too!. Electroneum Cloud Mining should be ready to go in the coming months!

If you would like to BETA test the Electroneum app on your iPhone please complete the following application form and we'll get you added to our Apple Testflight system: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYx2FED9WgnMMZ_WoN_eaDbHxYhcuqH69bPjiaCsfnU71GYw/viewform?usp=sf_link"

So? its already available for a gazzilion Androids... didn't make much of a difference lol  Roll Eyes just more headaches, bugs and confusion...

Okay, you ETN heads have fun with this fad coin. Let me know when get your first lambo.

I had already moved on to a more profitable GPU coin to mine before the fork announcement as mining wasn't paying anything. But it could have, had that the devs not wussed out and caved into peer pressure...

legendary

legendary
This coin ETN has been trashed again by ASICS. The price is a reflection. Instead of thousands of miners earning ETN, you have a few with ASICS making all the coins. Nothing remarkable about it. Same old shit again, just another day.  Roll Eyes

This choice to fork back is all about greed and politics. Only ones benefiting are the devs, Bitmain, and the FEW miners who own ASICS and are now once again mining all the ETN. Centralized ETN mining is back!

Nothing but smoke and mirrors about this fork......

Be lucky to see ETN hit 200 again, now that the markets will be flooded. We will see some true "mine and dump" from the ASIC miners.

It was fun GPU mining again while it lasted  Angry

Only thing remarkable is how the devs have screwed up this coin again..... If they had good code writers instead of cloning ETN we may have had something special.

Its all water over the dam now anyways.

Good luck everyone. Bag holders keep holding! lol

why did you say "thousands of miners "and "few with ASICS" Do we have thousands of GPU miner? if so, why wouldnt we have thousands of ASICS miner? why wouldnt more and more asics miner come in? You are using gpu to mine it ,why shouldnt use asics now ? it is more profitable.
As far as I know, most people in the community only have CPU, for them, GPU miners are aslo "a few miners mining all ETN".
And, from my point of view, miners have nothing to do with the price, no matter GPU or ASICS, people use it and invest it could pump the price up, if everybody coming to mine it instead of investing and using, even use cpu  miner could dump the price. The whole community only care about the price, no one care about who mine it
Wow I don't know what to say, other than "air ball" lol

Did you ever happen to look at the head count on Nanopool vs hashrate, before and after this last fork?
legendary
there is no difference if if 2M coins per day are mined by Asics or 2M coins per day mined by GPU

Well what you say is true, Only that same 20 million will now go to a handful of miners vs thousands of miners..... 
Merit: 110

Merit: 13
Sorry not many miners left in here now..... only suckers and dreamers.

Lol, from what i see after the first fork only a handfull have mined it anyway as more profitable coins are sweeter than the ETN coin.
So actually there is a real big chance that currently their are more asic owners involved than some days ago gpu miners.

I think it's even a good thing for the gpu miners to be honest, now they can concentrate on their more profitable coins they supported
the last weeks.

Just as a sidenote: Pretty sure some more 2 or 3 small projects that moved to V7/heavy will fork back soon ...
Merit: 13
there will be a dump party from our group.

perfect, some people will thank you, including me, it's always nice when you can buy up some cheap bag of coins that are dumped at low price from angry kids  Grin

there is no point in buying a coin if it will be cheaper tomorrow because of asics permanent dump
no more buying etn  Undecided

Not for you, for me there is, so i'am happy if some groups sell their ETN cheap, all are very welcome to do so :-)

Just because YOU think that asics dump coins  (as an out-fashioned anti-asic argument anyway) there is no difference if if 2M coins per day are mined by Asics or 2M coins per day mined by GPU, the amount that goes to the exchange will mostly be the same. Whatever, just sell them and let investors buy them cheaper, i like the idea  Grin
legendary
Hello, fellow miners!

Pool etn.miner.rocks
was updated to latest cryptonight ASIC friendly daemon and operates on mainnet

Features:
- email notifications of workers down
- stats and hashrate chart per worker
- PPLNS reward scheme for rounds shorter than hour, PROP scheme for longer rounds, PPLNS window is 60 minutes
- payment id, integrated address, subaddress supported
- adjustable payment threshold
- every port supports secure SSL/TLS connection as well as insecure one
- static diff supported, see static diff calculator
- multiple daemons, to prevent downtime in case of daemon stuck
- height checks, to prevent mining on forked chain
- sample configs for ASICs
PPLNS fee: 0.9%

Welcome & Lucky Mining!

You mean: Hello, fellow a few ASIC miners!

Sorry not many miners left in here now..... only suckers and dreamers.
Pages:
Jump to: