Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 57. (Read 240343 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I will wait a few more months. I'm in no hurry. this project will already make its way. We will see much higher prices at september.I never stopped believing to the team.
Activity: 882
Merit: 14
It`s just fair for the people who are playing with the rules and just use one mobile phone to mine. I support banning cheaters.

You are still free to use a paper wallet or cli wallet. You aren`t dependent on the "centralization" of ETN mobile wallet...

While i agree playing by the rules is an important factor freezing a whole wallet is a hard one to be honest and just NEVER should be happen.
The wallet should never ever be touched by anybody expect the owner/user.

There are more easy ways to protect the cell phone mining. How about a mining bann when more than one device is detetected at the same time?
Could be done automaticly, doesn't need working hours for dealing with frozen accounts, is fair to everybody.

Just as an example: 2 days ago i my wife got interested how that cell phone mining worked as i just have it for fun running from time to time on
my phone. I installed the program on her phone and as it was too much hazzles to make a new account i logged in with mine. We "mined" about
2 or 3 hours until i saw that post about the frozen wallet due "several device mining". No need to say that i immediatly stopped my wifes miner
and immediatly checked my account if the wallet isn't frozen as well. Thx god, my wallet, severl 10.000's ETN, is ok, mostly because both
devices have been only online for some hours.

I admit i even wasn't aware of the 1 cell phone rule, but of course it makes sense after someone thinks about it, no doubt. But would it
be fair to have a whole wallet frozen just for some ETN? Come one, as explained above, their are easier better fitting methods that could take
place than freezing a wallet.

This said, i really hope ETN changes this policy as freezing a wallet is one of the biggest "NO GO" in crypto.

So your account weren`t frozen after you mined with two phones. Smiley 
Maybe the other guy isn`t totally honest...

By the way. I just got a mail from test flight, i`m able to test the Electroneum iOS app Cool
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
It`s just fair for the people who are playing with the rules and just use one mobile phone to mine. I support banning cheaters.

You are still free to use a paper wallet or cli wallet. You aren`t dependent on the "centralization" of ETN mobile wallet...

While i agree playing by the rules is an important factor freezing a whole wallet is a hard one to be honest and just NEVER should be happen.
The wallet should never ever be touched by anybody expect the owner/user.

There are more easy ways to protect the cell phone mining. How about a mining bann when more than one device is detetected at the same time?
Could be done automaticly, doesn't need working hours for dealing with frozen accounts, is fair to everybody.

Just as an example: 2 days ago i my wife got interested how that cell phone mining worked as i just have it for fun running from time to time on
my phone. I installed the program on her phone and as it was too much hazzles to make a new account i logged in with mine. We "mined" about
2 or 3 hours until i saw that post about the frozen wallet due "several device mining". No need to say that i immediatly stopped my wifes miner
and immediatly checked my account if the wallet isn't frozen as well. Thx god, my wallet, severl 10.000's ETN, is ok, mostly because both
devices have been only online for some hours.

I admit i even wasn't aware of the 1 cell phone rule, but of course it makes sense after someone thinks about it, no doubt. But would it
be fair to have a whole wallet frozen just for some ETN? Come one, as explained above, their are easier better fitting methods that could take
place than freezing a wallet.

This said, i really hope ETN changes this policy as freezing a wallet is one of the biggest "NO GO" in crypto.
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
waiting buy 2 satoshi price ETN  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ow - I have 1/100 BTC on buy ETN at 2 satoshi, why you follow me?
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
Warning to mobile miners. Do not keep your balance in their wallet. They may decide to just keep it.

So the ETN wallet is a centralised service and they can decide to ban you at any moment and don't provide any info or a way to unban the frozen wallet? Just wow. This breaks the most important feature of crypto -- open to everyone, free (as in free speech) and uncensored transactions.

You are still free to use a paper wallet or cli wallet. You aren`t dependent on the "centralisation" of ETN mobile wallet...

True, if you use their service, you are bound by their rules.
Activity: 882
Merit: 14
Warning to mobile miners. Do not keep your balance in their wallet. They may decide to just keep it.

So the ETN wallet is a centralised service and they can decide to ban you at any moment and don't provide any info or a way to unban the frozen wallet? Just wow. This breaks the most important feature of crypto -- open to everyone, free (as in free speech) and uncensored transactions.

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

When 97 percent of bitcoin is owned by 0.2% of all wallets, it is unfair to call ETN centralised.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

The fact that your posts are not deleted is proof that the Electroneum team allowing free speech.
Electroneum is aiming to create collaborations with other companies, do you think any company would trust a community driven project without a central entity?

After all, no one is forcing anyone to use the official wallet. Just use the paper wallet, the command line wallet (CLI) or make your own wallet. And actually... if FBI is after you then you better keep your funds on a wallet you control, most people don't have such a problem though.
Activity: 212
Merit: 12

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
10 cents worth a coin? dream on. maybe when the marketcap will be 10x as it is now. and even then the coin supply is huge for such a price.

ATH is in the 20 cent range. And it stayed there a min too
Electroneum can make its new all time high.
It's just a matter of time.
The whole market has been down for months, Electroneum has to wait till right time to start growing significantly.

Yes, people who understand the potential of ETN will understand about the situation of the market and sometimes we don't have any control towards the market, there are many people are trading but according to the situation they will buy and sell on the basis of demand.
Activity: 426
Merit: 11

Richard advertising asics now? LOL  Grin
etn devs can not do small algo diff tuning, but he says that supposedly it's bad miners jumping from coin to coin bla bla bla...

The above comment refers to the Devs not being able to do "small algo diff tuning"

This is incorrect info

incorrect? so why did they back to CN? because they can't coding  Grin
and "bad miners jumping from coin to coin" is correct?
really asics dont jumping from CN coin to other CN coin?
so, what is this then:
http://joxi.ru/5md3zj6ukawear

its from whattomine.com/asic - for 1 x3 Est. Rewards 141,902,312.8866  NetHash 8.15 Mh/s -99.6%
asic are stable? LOL  Grin

Network has still over 2 GH/s

you deserve a cookie from contraband, congratulations  Wink

so, you can keep picking your nose and smearing it here  Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
its from whattomine.com/asic - for 1 x3 Est. Rewards 141,902,312.8866  NetHash 8.15 Mh/s -99.6%

That's pretty unfair, why didn't you mention the lagging remark on whattomine so everybody knows
it's a reporting issue and not a hashrate issue. Network has still over 2 GH/s, so just forget your low
attempt and just be sure, it for sure can't get worse than the gpu debakel the last weeks when it
comes to network hashrate.
Activity: 426
Merit: 11

etn devs can not do small algo diff tuning, but he says that supposedly it's bad miners jumping from coin to coin bla bla bla...

The above comment refers to the Devs not being able to do "small algo diff tuning"

This is incorrect info

incorrect? so why did they back to CN? because they can't coding  Grin
and "bad miners jumping from coin to coin" is correct?
really asics dont jumping from CN coin to other CN coin?
so, what is this then:
http://joxi.ru/5md3zj6ukawear

Activity: 182
Merit: 7
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
Electroneum can make its new all time high.
It's just a matter of time.
The whole market has been down for months, Electroneum has to wait till right time to start growing significantly.
It might happen years later, but not now, not next few months.

This Autumn something will change as Eth will switch to poS.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
guys, we are already ready to fork on electroneum.fairhash.org and we will closely follow how everything goes, join us, we will be happy to answer any questions on our telegram channel https://t.me/joinchat/B-GpfU1DYnzi5mhQ45I3rQ
Hi Fairhash admins, I got a question.
Did you disable the low end hardware port 3333 on purpose?
My miner fails to connect all the time, however with my mid range hardware I do get a proper connection on port 5555.
My low end pc is currently mining on a different pool now but since I was quite happy with Fairhash so far, I'd like to point it against your pool again.

You must like losing money while mining. With ASIC hashrates, this coin is doomed for CPUs, GPUs and even hi end FPGAs.
10 KH/s gives you 0.6USD per day mining ETN, ways less than one pays his electricity bills.
10 KH/s gives 9USD per day with XMR, more on other CN coins.

Get out of ETN, mine other coins.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
guys, we are already ready to fork on electroneum.fairhash.org and we will closely follow how everything goes, join us, we will be happy to answer any questions on our telegram channel https://t.me/joinchat/B-GpfU1DYnzi5mhQ45I3rQ
Hi Fairhash admins, I got a question.
Did you disable the low end hardware port 3333 on purpose?
My miner fails to connect all the time, however with my mid range hardware I do get a proper connection on port 5555.
My low end pc is currently mining on a different pool now but since I was quite happy with Fairhash so far, I'd like to point it against your pool again.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN

This is incorrect info
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
@Ethan Mineral

Well, they are probably very strict regarding multi device policy, and that's a good thing. But I kinda understand you, support should try to solve this kind of issues or at least try to unlock user if enough evidence is presented. That being said, I always advise people to use local wallet with private keys, only this way you have control over all funds (having private keys is the most important thing!).
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I like Electroneum and believe that it has a bright future past this rough patch, but check out this interaction between myself and their support line after my account got blocked.

Me:
Hey, my account got blocked and I don't know why. The only thing I can think of is that I activated the account on my main phone but am currently only running the app on my old phone, since 2 phones is prohibited by the user agreement. Did I miss a text alert or something?

I'm sure I hadn't broken 30 etn on the app yet, but it's frustrating to have this happen right when ETN is finally recovering value

Them:
Hello,
Your account has been flagged by our anti-fraud system, there is nothing I can do to unlock it.

Me:
Do we know why it was flagged?

According to your EULA, I know you have the right to block it and I have no recourse, but I had been telling friends about Electroneum and was optimistic about it's future, but I want to ensure that they can avoid similar issues.

I'm not going to lose sleep over the 20 ETN, but it is a frustrating occurance for a company focussed on market penetration

Them:
Hi Ethan,
We are not at liberty to give you that information for security reasons.

My apologies for any inconvenience.
------------------------
Warning to mobile miners. Do not keep your balance in their wallet. They may decide to just keep it. I did use a new email address for setup too, so maybe that was it

I don't normally post in forums, but I created an account just to post this warning.
Pages:
Jump to: